Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
andee2000
Mouseketeer

Finally finalized my dates for July 2010!

We had such a good time mid-week in July in 2008 that we are going in July again. I didn't find the crowds to be too bad and the weather wasn't even close to the heat we get here, so that isn't an issue for us.

We are arriving at Hojo on a Saturday in July and will hang out by the pool; pirates cove; go to DTD and then Goofy's kitchen for lunch or dinner. We'll start our first DL Day on Sunday. Spend five days total at DL/DCA then one day at Universal Studios. We'll hang out at the beach on Saturday and the day of our evening trip back we'll go to American Girl Place. 8 days total in California! I'm so excited to get the dates settled so I can start reserving transportation and hotels. Now I'm just crossing my fingers for ENT rate at the Hojo and for a great find for park tickets in the next year.

I'm so excited!
andee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by andee2000 View Post
We had such a good time mid-week in July in 2008 that we are going in July again. I didn't find the crowds to be too bad and the weather wasn't even close to the heat we get here, so that isn't an issue for us.

We are arriving at Hojo on a Saturday in July and will hang out by the pool; pirates cove; go to DTD and then Goofy's kitchen for lunch or dinner. We'll start our first DL Day on Sunday. Spend five days total at DL/DCA then one day at Universal Studios. We'll hang out at the beach on Saturday and the day of our evening trip back we'll go to American Girl Place. 8 days total in California! I'm so excited to get the dates settled so I can start reserving transportation and hotels. Now I'm just crossing my fingers for ENT rate at the Hojo and for a great find for park tickets in the next year.

I'm so excited!

Are you going this year or next year?

Nevermind-I re-read your post and figured out it's next year!

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by andee2000 View Post

I'm so excited!
DH and I just got back from a mid-July trip and we liked it. It wasn't as busy as we thought and we liked the extended hours. We were able to get the Ent. Rate at HoJo. I like the hotel and was willing to pay the higher rate, but kept watching for our dates to open up. Our weekend dates opened up faster than our weekday date, but we got the rate for all of our days. Our last date didn't open up until just before we left. So, moral of the story, keep checking and you just may get lucky. We also got a break on our car rental rates, too. We kept watching those, and in the 3 days before our trip, I changed them 4 times. I kept saving myself $10 or $20 dollars every time I changed, so watching the car rental prices saved us $50.

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Wow, you are good! We plan to go next summer too but are not near finalizing anything. I'm leaning towards the first week in Aug so that the year after that we can go in July on the same APs. But it depends on if I get to keep my job this next school year or not.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
andee2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post

Ha! I'd be pretty late on the planning if it was this year!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
andee2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady's Mom View Post
DH and I just got back from a mid-July trip and we liked it. It wasn't as busy as we thought and we liked the extended hours. We were able to get the Ent. Rate at HoJo. I like the hotel and was willing to pay the higher rate, but kept watching for our dates to open up. Our weekend dates opened up faster than our weekday date, but we got the rate for all of our days. Our last date didn't open up until just before we left. So, moral of the story, keep checking and you just may get lucky. We also got a break on our car rental rates, too. We kept watching those, and in the 3 days before our trip, I changed them 4 times. I kept saving myself $10 or $20 dollars every time I changed, so watching the car rental prices saved us $50.
Good idea about checking the ENT rate while there. We rented a minivan last time and didn't use for any of the DLR portion of the trip. We are planning on taking a taxi from the train station to the hotel and then renting one our last two days.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:55 AM   #7
andee2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
Wow, you are good! We plan to go next summer too but are not near finalizing anything. I'm leaning towards the first week in Aug so that the year after that we can go in July on the same APs. But it depends on if I get to keep my job this next school year or not.
Good luck on your job. Me possibly changing jobs (in the same company) is what made me finalize the date so I could bring it up early before I take a job. The new department is normally busy during June so vacations during that month are out and my kids start school mid-August so we are busy with back to school stuff then.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Thank you, you too. Good thinking to let them know early!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: