Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #91
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtanddolly View Post
I thought it would be fun to make t-shirts using Natalie's (Donatalie) t-shirt DISigns. All of the disney art on the t-shirts is Natalie's...all I did was pick the t-shirt color and put her wonderful DISigns on them. No ironing and I didn't have to worry about finding the perfect t-shirt or transfer paper...how wonderful!!!

And a few shorts and skorts to match...
I love the outfits. How hard were they to make?
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #92
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74 View Post
I love the outfits. How hard were they to make?
Pretty easy to make the ones in the post above this one...if you know how to use photoshop. You use blank templates for each item (i.e. shirt, short, etc), then color it in with PS and add and resize the image over the paper doll. Does that make sense?

The more detailed items were harder like the indian costumes because I had to cut, move and resize parts of the clothing like the arms to fit the paperdoll.

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 07-27-2009 at 08:04 AM.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #93
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pretty easy to make the ones in the post above this one...if you know how to use photoshop. You use blank templates for each item (i.e. shirt, short, etc), then color it in with PS and add and resize the image over that. Does that make sense?

The more detailed items were harder like the indian costumes because I had to cut, move and resize parts of the clothing like the arms to fit the paperdoll.
i think so. Did you find any temp plates for swim suits or PJ'S. How hard is it to shrink the paper dolls a bit do you think. I would love to make a smaller one for little sister and then 2 bigger ones as a mommy and daddy
Old 07-23-2009, 03:33 PM   #94
bear74
DIS Veteran

I found this game when looking for road trip games

Roadside Arithmetic

Everyone picks a color. For each car of that color that passes, that player gets one point. If a bus, RV, or truck of that color passes, the player loses one point. Spot and call an ambulance, fire truck, or police car first, regardless of color, and get a five-point bonus. The first one to 25 win

Did not know if you could put a disney twist to it or not

Or how about a Disney version of a cootie catcher also know as a fortune teller.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #95
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear74 View Post
i think so. Did you find any temp plates for swim suits or PJ'S. How hard is it to shrink the paper dolls a bit do you think. I would love to make a smaller one for little sister and then 2 bigger ones as a mommy and daddy
There are a ton of templates including swimsuits at:
www.makingfriends.com
at the home page look at the top of the page for a tab that says paper dolls.

Hope that helps!

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:40 PM   #96
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are a ton of templates including swimsuits at:
www.makingfriends.com
at the home page look at the top of the page for a tab that says paper dolls.

Hope that helps!
thanks Dolly for some reason I did not click on the seasonal one earlier
Old 07-25-2009, 10:53 PM   #97
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Dolly,
I have been sitting here tonight in complete awe of your game disigns. They are amazing.
I was wondering if I could make some requests for non-Disney game boards. We are going camping in a couple of weeks and I am looking for ideas to keep my 3 year old dd busy while in the car. Our drive is going to be at least 8-9 hours (if not more) so I am hoping not to run out of things for her to do. I was hoping maybe you could disign your bingo cards, scavenger hunt, and lacing cards towards camping.
Anything you could do would be greatly appreciated.
Cheryl (and Eryn)
Old 07-26-2009, 05:31 AM   #98
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erynsmom View Post
Dolly,
I have been sitting here tonight in complete awe of your game disigns. They are amazing.
I was wondering if I could make some requests for non-Disney game boards. We are going camping in a couple of weeks and I am looking for ideas to keep my 3 year old dd busy while in the car. Our drive is going to be at least 8-9 hours (if not more) so I am hoping not to run out of things for her to do. I was hoping maybe you could disign your bingo cards, scavenger hunt, and lacing cards towards camping.
Anything you could do would be greatly appreciated.
Cheryl (and Eryn)
If I can find time...I will attempt a few over the next two weeks. Try www.momsminivan.com that is where I got ideas for a lot of the games. She has more generic printables without the disney character's and then maybe if you can find camping stickers at a craft store you could add them to the cards.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 07-26-2009 at 06:04 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #99
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

I was up at 3:45 to let the dog out and back in and then couldn't go back to sleep...so I was able to get these done. Will these work for camping?

Scavenger Hunt...this is a new card...I don't think I had a scavenger hunt for preschoolers with pictures:

Bingo Cards...I made these 6x7 inches:

Lacing Cards:

Lacing/Coloring Card:

Paper Doll: This paper doll is a different shape and style then the other paper dolls that I made on this thread so the other outfits will not work for it. I did not make these...the paper doll and outfits are all from www.makingfriends.com.

To print these open up a word document and change all of the margins to "0". Then copy and paste the image into the new document. Go to "format" and then "picture" and make sure that the picture size is set to 8.5x11 inches. If you have any problems printing go to www.makingfriends.com and look for the tab at the top that says "paper dolls". You can print these directly from the website. If you want more outfits you can get them at www.paperdolls.com.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 08-04-2009 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #100
mommagoofof4
Mouseketeer

All I can say is........WOW!! I am beyond amazed!
Now if I can just figure out how to get this wonderful stuff out of my computer and onto actual paper, I'll have it made!!
Thanks so very much for all that you do for your disney friends!!

1st in '07 at POP
2nd in '09 at POP
3rd in '11 at POP Mom and Dad only
Next family trip November 2012!!!
mommagoofof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:52 AM   #101
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommagoofof4 View Post
All I can say is........WOW!! I am beyond amazed!
Now if I can just figure out how to get this wonderful stuff out of my computer and onto actual paper, I'll have it made!!
Thanks so very much for all that you do for your disney friends!!
So glad that you like everything. Hopefully you won't have any problems printing as I tried to put helpful printing tips with the things I made, but if you do have any problems send me a pm and I can help.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 07-31-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #102
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Here is a "disney" travel scavenger hunt for pre-schoolers. I made this 6x7 inches:

Last edited by jtanddolly; 08-04-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #103
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Here is another one for boys...since there are sooo many paper dolls for girls. It is also 6x7 inches:

Last edited by jtanddolly; 08-04-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:34 PM   #104
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Wal-mart usually has colored backpacks on sale for around $5 right before school starts that are great to fill up with Disney things from dollar stores and/or print off things from this thread and hang a tag off of if you are flying or driving to WDW or DL.

Nothing is more fun than getting a surprise the day of the trip, and there is no better way than to fill a travel bag full of "disney" things. For just $10 you can fill up a backpack at most dollar stores. You can find...playing cards, puzzles, crossword puzzles, coloring books, crayons, pencils, markers, games, squeeze bottles/drink cups, miniature disney characters, mazes, magnets...the list goes on. Keep your eyes open and look in the game isle and the office supply section any time you happen to be in one...or just once a month stop in with $5 to spend and put your disney finds in a "future disney trip" box. That is what I do!!! They also come in handy when your kids have a party to go to and you don't have time to shop for a present. I have put together Disney travel bags for other kids out of my stash when I knew their family was planning a future trip!

If you need to see a picture of a bag to get a better understanding...scroll through this thread to get ideas and see a picture of one mom's travel backpacks...I think on the second page in post #27: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2005108&page=2
but beware...she also has posted tons of pictures for things that she made for her trip and you may find more things you will want to make for your trip! I know if you are on these boards that you are working hard to make your own trip extra special for your family and I guarantee it will be magical!!!

Here is a blank tag that looks really cute hanging off a red backpack. Add your child's name below Mickey to make it extra special! You can also have their name embroided on the backpack. Most companies charge between $5-10. If you have $5 to waste...I'm wondering if you could iron on a design to the backpack. If you decide to attempt it...please post how it worked on this thread for future trips! If you don't have money to possibly throw away...some sewing stores (I think it is JoAnn's) have pre-embroidered disney characters that you could add to the backpack to give it that extra special touch/personalization!

To make the tag last...buy the sturdy baseball card holders (not the flimsy ones). You can get a box of 35 for under $4 at Wal-mart where they sale their baseball cards (in most Walmarts this is near the registers). Then in the office supply section they sell metal rings that open up and come in different colors (there are 6 or 8 to a pack for under $3), or you can buy clear plastic zip/cable ties in the hardware section (they come around 20 per pack for under $3). Then insert the card in the baseball card holder, punch a hole at the top and secure to the backpack with either the ring or zip tie. Since you are buying a pack of baseball cards...use them also for luggage tags with zip/cable ties and name tags with lanyards!!!

Here are two more...one girly and one if you don't want a character:

If you need a tag personalized...here is a great thread with wonderful tags that a DISigner will personalize for you:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2062559

Last edited by jtanddolly; 08-04-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:55 AM   #105
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Here are some different "Vehicle Bingo" cards...it only made sense to make some with the "Cars" characters. If you are throwing a "Cars" birthday party, all of the travel games with "Cars" characters on them would make great favors!

I made these cards 6x7 inches. Make sure you laminate them and use dry erase markers so that you can use them more than once. I purchased a laminating machine for $30 at Walmart and it worked great!:

Last edited by jtanddolly; 08-05-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Tags
games, princess, road trip, travel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: