Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

A little pirate gets ready to storm the castle! Live update!!!

I love reading TRs and PTRs so I decided to start one of my own. I hope I will have some readers.

The Who:

Me - Joy, wife, mommy and Disney fanatic
DH - Steve, amazing daddy, but only tolerates Disney
Gabe - my wonderful DS who will be almost 3 at the time of our trip. He loves Playhouse Disney, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny are his very favorites
Mimi - my wonderful mom and DS's grandmother - she isn't much of a ride person, but she will eat her way around the world
PopPop - my wonderful dad and DS's grandfather - he is the only other Disney lover in the family, but he doesn't love it as much as I do

Here's the whole gang on our last trip. Unfortunately my niece (on the far right) won't be joining us this time:

Here's a recent picture of me and my DS. As you can see he has grown quite a bit since the previous picture:

The When:

We live in South Florida so WDW is only a 2.5 hour drive away so we tend to take shorter trips. For this trip we are staying 4 days and 3 nights - September 15th through the 18th.

The Where:

We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort for the first time and I am so excited about it! I think DS is going to love the kids area at the pool. We usually stay at POFQ but I wanted to try something new this time.

Some Background Info:

Even though I grew up in South Florida I only went to Disney a few times. It wasn't until I got a part-time job at the Disney Store during college that I truly fell in love with Disney. My fellow Disney Store CMs and I used to take day trips to WDW pretty frequently and it soon became my favorite place and that has never changed.

As soon as my DS was born I couldn't wait to take him to WDW so we took a family trip when he was 10 months old. We had a wonderful time. I am even more excited about this trip though because this feels like DS's first real trip - this time he will recognize the characters - this time he will really "get it" - I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Right after I booked our trip I ordered the WDW planning DVD and DS and I have already watched it so many times together. He also loves looking at the park maps that came with the DVD. Here he is looking at the maps:

Now our trip is less than 2 months away and I can't wait to finish planning all the little details.

Thanks for anyone who read this. More will be coming soon if I get any readers.

Last edited by Gabes_mommy; 09-17-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: