Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 04:07 PM   #1486
skelly_wi
Earning My Ears

FE list and still keeping the cruise secret from the kids!

Not sure if it's too late, but Maria, can you still add us to the FE list if you haven't closed it down yet?

We're still keeping the secret from the kids .... but my 8 year old has bat ears and overheard us talking one day .... DH can't keep a secret either. so now we're spending time going "cruise, what cruise?"

The boys (8 and 5) are getting so excited just on the rumor of going on the cruise. I keep hearing how much fun the kids clubs were last time. It'll be the first time they're in different groups, so hopefully they'll make friends quickly.

Look forward to seeing everyone soon!
skelly_wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #1487
tamman
Mouseketeer

Wayne, we got our room assignment. It is 6532.

It has the plexiglass wall so I am happy with that. I would rather be more aft but it looks like I will be doing a little more walking than last time.

Liz,
Trevor likes video games too. He just got an X-Box Live. He plays soccer and he is a sport nut like his daddy. But most of all when he is on the ship, he just likes to have fun!!!!
tamman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #1488
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamman View Post
Wayne, we got our room assignment. It is 6532.

It has the plexiglass wall so I am happy with that. I would rather be more aft but it looks like I will be doing a little more walking than last time.

Liz,
Trevor likes video games too. He just got an X-Box Live. He plays soccer and he is a sport nut like his daddy. But most of all when he is on the ship, he just likes to have fun!!!!
Tammi,

We are just across the hall 6537.

Matt will be in Ocean Quest with Trevor. He loves video games. He is addicted to Xbox live. He just got it in June.

Marina will be in the Lab with Kayla.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #1489
tamman
Mouseketeer

That is great!!!! Kayla can be on the shy side (unless she is at home or in the comfort of friends and family and then she is a motor mouth). The last time she was apprehensive about going into the lab. It will help her if she has a friend in there. Trevor is more outgoing but it sounds like there are a lot of boys on this thread close to his age who like video games. We'll have to introduce them to each other on the ship as soon as we can.

We leave four weeks from today. We are in WDW for four days before the cruise. I have so much to do!!!!
tamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #1490
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamman View Post
That is great!!!! Kayla can be on the shy side (unless she is at home or in the comfort of friends and family and then she is a motor mouth). The last time she was apprehensive about going into the lab. It will help her if she has a friend in there. Trevor is more outgoing but it sounds like there are a lot of boys on this thread close to his age who like video games. We'll have to introduce them to each other on the ship as soon as we can.

We leave four weeks from today. We are in WDW for four days before the cruise. I have so much to do!!!!
Marina is very outgoing and has no problem making friends. She is excited that there will be girls on board.

I will send you a PM.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #1491
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

DD just turned 13 so she will be in Oceans Quest. She is not happy that on the Magic she can't be in the teen club with her brother. But she's very outgoing and plays video games and all that.

Wow - just a month till we cruise!!!! Okay, I seriously need to work on door signs. And I need to buy some white t-shirts to make DIS shirts.

We are flying in the night before and staying at the Radisson but we aren't landing in Orlando until almost 8pm so we'd be getting to the Radisson basically in time for bed. But look for us the next morning. We're booked on the first shuttle to the ship.

I had such a chuckle with the misspelling of "eet" for "meet" in a previous post. Best example of that on the DIS was a man who misspelled the word "wife". It came out as "wide". So he referred to his wife as his wide. It was hilarious to read.

Yes, its interesting how convenient it is to have your room close to places on the ship. One time we were very far forward and it was miles to get to the drink station on deck 9. One time I was sunbathing at the adult pool and was just too lazy to walk all the way to the drink station and instead paid for a soda at the adult pool bar.

Saw the Harry Potter movie over the weekend. I thought it was terrific.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:34 AM   #1492
trimix
DIS Veteran

One month remaining!

It's July 22 - one more month!

See you all soon!

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:01 AM   #1493
MrR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrR View Post
Hi Liz. My youngest DD just turned 13, and we're hoping she makes some friends too. I'm sure there'll be plenty of kids in the same boat (literally!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
Hi everyone,

DD just turned 13 so she will be in Oceans Quest. She is not happy that on the Magic she can't be in the teen club with her brother. But she's very outgoing and plays video games and all that.
My DD is in exactly same boat - she was hoping to be able to hang out with her older sister, and when I broke the news that she was going to have to go to Oceans Quest on her own, she was less than happy.

If you'd like, I'm happy to give you my DD's Facebook or email, which you could pass to your daughter. It might just help them over that initial trepidation if they know there's someone familiar is going to be there.
MrR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #1494
jmpurdy
DIS Veteran

Finally got our cabin too

2044 & 2042, for us, our adult daughters and our wonderful grandsons, age 3 & 1. We were both in guarantee status and we were still put next to each other and couldn't be happier. Still disappointed in 2nd dinner seating, but will try to change once onboard.
January 2012 - BCV
January 2011 - BWV
May 2011 - Disney Dream
July 2010 - CBR
January 2010 - SSR
May 2009 - OKW
jmpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:05 AM   #1495
r.kruzo9
Earning My Ears

I've never been to Carribean but i always dream about that trip,at least describes to me in a few words about this paradise on earth
Old 07-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #1496
agonzalez88
Earning My Ears

Trusha,

Our DS is 5 and we are from NJ too! Hope Justin and AJ will get along... he is very outgoing to say the least. Our DD - 7 will be in the same kids club so she might hang out with her brother for awhile until she finds some girlfriends - she can be a little shy...

Anita
agonzalez88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #1497
TheFatMansWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLmad View Post
Hi all
Been lurking here a while but thought I had better introduce myself.
I am Karen, wife of Wayneg
25 days before we fly and no more of this for 25 nights woot

Hello Karen
Where are you!!!!!!!! I promise I won't eat you!!!!!!!!
Looking forward to meeting you.
Like the photo Wayne has posted, very smart

Bev
DISNEY MAGIC Oct 2007 Western SILVER WEDDING * RCCL Independence Inaugural May 2008 Cork * RCCL Independence Oct 2008 Canary Islnds
DISNEY MAGIC Aug 2009 Tortola *B2B* DISNEY MAGIC Aug 2009 Western * RCCL Independence Oct 2009 Canary Islnds AGAIN !! *
* RCCL Independence "MED" Jul2010 *RCCL Monarch Bahamas Aug2011*DISNEY DREAM Bahamas Aug2011*

TheFatMansWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #1498
DCLmad
Earning My Ears

I am still here lol but more of a lurker than a poster. Wayne does enough of that for both of us
Had a laugh at the eating me comment
Not long now
Karen
DCLmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:38 AM   #1499
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Only one month now!

I'm getting so excited. DD and I were watching the planning DVD over the weekend, and I was getting teary eyed. I just hope I don't burst into tears when we get to the terminal.

As for shy children, not mine! Well, actually Paige is a little shy, but as that is in comparison to her brother, it's relative. Paige is 7 and will be in the club, and she will be happy to befriend shy girls or boys. She informed me that her best friend at camp is Nicholas, and that she has taught him to arm wrestle! Jim is 10, will be in the lab. Look out lab girls, when I called him "cute" the other day, he informed me he is not "cute," he is "hot"!

Our TA contacted me the other day and told me that our cabin is a connecting room (which I guess can be noisy) so she is going to see about getting it changed. I told her that I happened to know that our cabin from last trip may be open (thanks Tammi!), so we'll see what she can do.

We have also decided to stay with second seating for dinner. I really felt we were rushed last time getting to main seating, and with dine and play, Paige shouldn't be a problem (which was all I was really worried about). We'll see how it goes!

Later

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #1500
trimix
DIS Veteran

1500 messages now - I wonder if we'll hit 2,000 before our cruise.

For those coming to Florida before the cruise - the Kennedy Space Center calendar currently shows a Delta 2 launch on Monday the 17th and a Space Shuttle launch on Tuesday the 18th.

The Delta 2 has a window from 6:35 to 6:49 AM, and the shuttle has a target of 4:25 AM.

If you are staying later, there is a scheduled test of an Ares 1-X on Sunday the 30th, time TBA.

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: