Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports > California & the West Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer

Our Trip to The Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco with pics!

This is my first trip report! I'm am sorry for all the errors!

Cast members, me, DH, DD. DS (17) stayed at home to go to a youth group "day on the lake."

We are here at the Fairmont Hotel in San Fransisco as DVC guests. This was part of the incentive when we purchased VGC in DL.

We pulled up to the Fairmont and as the valet tried to open the door, my DD frantically looked for her shoes... we realized, we forgot them! We decided to switch cars at the last moment and my DH transferred all our luggage out of one car into the other. In the 90 degree weather, the rush to get here, we forget to transfer my DD three pairs of shoes she had in the truck of the first car.

I could not help but laugh as the young man grab the car door, and I held it shut ( for a split second) while I gathered my thoughts; our DD was shoe less in San Fransisco. We were at the world renowned Fairmont Hotel, and she would have to walk in barefoot. If we would have found out this news seconds earlier, we could have whizzed passed the valet and found a store and purchased shoes.

Quickly thinking, I remember I had another pair of sandals under the seat. I grabbed them and gave them to her, gratefully she put them on! She is 19 years old and was so embarrassed about the whole situation- she would definitely wear mom's shoes!

Fortunately, we checked in and they upgraded us to a one bedroom suite with a terrace and a view of the city, and partial bay view!

Our room was great! We went downstairs to the Tonga Lounge and tried their "Best Happy Hour in SF." We were disappointed! It was late so we ordered room service so we could enjoy the terrace.

Next, off in a taxi to Macy's to get shoes before they closed! Needless to say, my daughter was happy- she got three new pairs of shoes! A dressy pair, tennis shoes, and a pair of sandals! She was very happy we forgot her shoes! We were happy, because they were all on sale!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer

I also have a disclaimer* View at your own risk, I forget my camera, so I had to use my cell phone. Sorry about the bad photos!

DAY 2 On this short weekend trip we were just with our daughter, so we let her set the pace, which means she sleeps in late and we do not leave the hotel until 11:00AM. I am an early riser, so this was hard, but I had to remember we were on a mini vacation! We went to the De Young Museum; it was late in the morning and we were lucky to get a parking spot in the garage. I enjoyed the oil paintings!

Our daughter chose where we would go for dinner, the Cheesecake Factory next to Macy's ( I'm sensing an ulterior motive.):innocent: We had dinner, she shopped a little bit, while we sat at Starbucks with a great view of the center square on Market; we returned to the hotel via taxi. It was nice having a terrace in the city, my DH and I enjoyed it immensely! It was 9:00PM and my DD wanted to get comfortable and use her computer;DH and I decided to go to "The Top of the Mark" right across the street at the Mark Hopkins Hotel.
Breathtaking, just about sums it up!

Day 3 We ate breakfast on the terrace, DD awoke around 10:00AM, and we left the hotel around 12:00PM. We went to Fisherman's Wharf, then on to Crissy Field (below the Golden Gate) to have a BBQ / picnic.

The Fairmont in S.F.

Register to remove

Old 07-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer

More photos from Crissy Field (where we had our picnic)! My brother lives about 30 minutes from this location, and windsurfs here all the time! See the Golden Gate Bridge in the background!

Our view!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer

These pics obviously do not due the Fairmont justice.

I like history, so I was very interested in these pictures of past guests of the Fairmont!

Old 07-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer

Just sitting looking at the view having a cup of coffee at Starbuck's in Macy's.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer

Last but not least my beautiful picnic basket I bought especially for our picnic by the Golden Gate Bridge! Well actually not for this picnic, but for a concert in the park, but that doesn't fit well into the story line!

We had a great time in S.F. and would definitely stay at the Fairmont again!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
mamacatnv
I am the queen of straw!
Almost anything can be fixed with pasta
Do my DH's "Shorty Shorts" count?
I go in search of code!

Love the shoe story - if one must go shoe shopping I cannot think of a better place
POFQ-1/1-1/9/07, ASMu-Dec 05/Jan 06 ASSp-Dec 99/Jan 00 Turn of the Century
Thanks AidensMom
mamacatnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #8
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

Smile

How was the weather? We will be there next month and everyone I talk to says it can be really cool and windy. Was it foggy alot? I am excited about staying at the Fairmont and seeing SF. We have never been to the west coast so there is much for us to see. Thanks for the pics!

2012 BCV & BLT/2011 OKW & BLT/2010 BCV/2009 BWV/2008 BCV/2007 SSR/2006 CBR pre DVC
First visit 1972 and many others in between
bbluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #9
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbluvsdis View Post
How was the weather? We will be there next month and everyone I talk to says it can be really cool and windy. Was it foggy alot? I am excited about staying at the Fairmont and seeing SF. We have never been to the west coast so there is much for us to see. Thanks for the pics!

The weather was beautiful, around 70 degrees! It was a little foggy early in the morning, but by 10:00AM it was sunny! S.F. can be very windy and cold, however, we were lucky! Although, at night it was much colder- typical of S.F. weather. You will love the hotel, there is so much history and it is beautiful! There is much to see, I hope you have a fabulous time!
Old 07-22-2009, 05:45 AM   #10
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club

pretty pics! Thanks for sharing.

Was the "Top of the Mark" a very dressy place? Was there a cover charge? Was it loud or did you just have a cocktail?

The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.

"He Dazzles Me Frequently"

{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}

In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: