Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #16
Desert Dwellers
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tip, bumbershoot. I was going to town editing my pictures and adding borders, but I didn't pay attention to what size they were being saved in. I'll go back and re-save in the correct size.
Desert Dwellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #17
JenDisneylandlver
DIS Veteran

I bought the CD one time, but I never found a place that didn't give me serious trouble with making prints. Even with the release they give you. I thought I was going to be able to just walk up to one of those machines and make tons of 5x7's. So now I only buy the prints from the website. I can still make them all pretty with all the decorations, and just order what I need.
JenDisneylandlver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #18
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenDisneylandlver View Post
I bought the CD one time, but I never found a place that didn't give me serious trouble with making prints. Even with the release they give you. I thought I was going to be able to just walk up to one of those machines and make tons of 5x7's. So now I only buy the prints from the website. I can still make them all pretty with all the decorations, and just order what I need.
But the cost of the CD is 59.95, and the cost of the prints start at, what, 12.95???

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:49 AM   #19
Desert Dwellers
Mouseketeer

Happy me - the PhotoPass card I was given at the beginning of July gives me $10 off when I buy my CD online. So only $49.95 and I get all my pictures.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:36 AM   #20
JenDisneylandlver
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
But the cost of the CD is 59.95, and the cost of the prints start at, what, 12.95???
True, but what good is it if I can't make any prints? I have a scanner, so once I get the prints I just scan them. I wish I could get prints easily, I'm disappointed that you can't. Now I have a $60 CD that I don't use. With a lot of prints I'd love to have in frames around my house.

I'm curious if anyone's found a place that will do it, without giving a lot of grief?

Last edited by JenDisneylandlver; 07-19-2009 at 02:41 AM.
JenDisneylandlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #21
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenDisneylandlver View Post
True, but what good is it if I can't make any prints? I have a scanner, so once I get the prints I just scan them. I wish I could get prints easily, I'm disappointed that you can't. Now I have a $60 CD that I don't use. With a lot of prints I'd love to have in frames around my house.

I'm curious if anyone's found a place that will do it, without giving a lot of grief?
I've printed my pics for years from the CD. I try to remember to take my release. Maybe because I upload my photos to the site and then got to the store to pick them up (i'm not printing them right there). But I did have photos from our Vow Renewal on the Disney Cruise, I took those into our Target had them scanned and put onto a cd (and prints made) with no problem because I showed her my release. I do not understand why you would have the problems if you take the release with you.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #22
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

I've had no trouble whatsoever with Costco allowing me to print PhotoPass pictures and I've also used RitzPix.
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #23
coop1208
Earning My Ears

Do you have the website to order the cd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dwellers View Post
Happy me - the PhotoPass card I was given at the beginning of July gives me $10 off when I buy my CD online. So only $49.95 and I get all my pictures.
coop1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:44 PM   #24
Desert Dwellers
Mouseketeer

PhotoPass website

coop1208, here is the website for PhotoPass --

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/

The URL is also printed on the PhotoPass card that is given to you at the park. It's been pretty easy to navigate the site, but it is slow loading. But that could be my prehistoric PC.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #25
familyvacationmom
Earning My Ears

Ok - I'm a bit dense but I'm two weeks out from my first trip to DW so I want to get this right:

I do not need to purchase photopass in advance, I just get the cards when I get to the parks? Is this correct? Or do I purchase in advance?

TIA!
familyvacationmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:06 AM   #26
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each

If you're going to WDW and you know you're going to buy the PhotoPass cd, preordering is best because it will save you $50. Post visit price is $149.95.

However, it's worth keeping in mind the following. PhotoPass CMs will take pictures with your camera. Sometimes the PhotoPass pic is virtually identical to the one taken with your camera. It then becomes a matter of how many different pics you have and how much the borders, enhancements, etc. are worth to you.

Now, if you're going to Disneyland, do not preorder the cd as this will actually cost you $30. Preordering gives you the WDW preorder price which is more expensive than the DLR price of $59.95.

If you're going to both places within the window, use one PhotoPass at WDW and obtain a separate DLR PhotoPass at Disneyland. As long as you enter the DLR code last (regardless of which place you visited last), you will get the DLR price even if you have photos on the account from WDW.

The window reads like this. You have until 30 days after your trip to enter the code online and view the photos. 30 days after you activate the code, the photos will be deleted from your account. If you visit the other resort within 30 days of activating your account, you will be able to order both. For instance, I visited WDW at the end of May. On June 18, I entered my WDW code and started the 30 day clock ticking. On July 2-4, I visited Disneyland and did PhotoPass there. I entered the DLR code shortly after my visit and added those to my cd which I ordered Friday. I had 400+ PhotoPass pictures (including borders, enhancements, etc) from both WDW and the DLR and only paid the DLR price.
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disneyland, photopass

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: