Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #3691
NYY2SMP
Mouseketeer

Question room request

i have a major question we are going to Disney Aug 16-24 and I would like to know something my mom has been told she has a torn minsichis(hoped I spelled that right) and I would like to know if we could make a request and get it granted to be near the pepper market and el centro so she doesn't have to walk that far as she really doesn't want a ecv. Thanks alot

Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #3692
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY2SMP View Post
i have a major question we are going to Disney Aug 16-24 and I would like to know something my mom has been told she has a torn minsichis(hoped I spelled that right) and I would like to know if we could make a request and get it granted to be near the pepper market and el centro so she doesn't have to walk that far as she really doesn't want a ecv. Thanks alot

Minnie&Nana, one of the regular DIS posters, has a phone number for special services which you can call so you can explain that and they can help with getting a room near where you want to be. Unfortunately, Christine (Minnie&Nana) has been sick the last two days and has not been on. I'm going to try to find the phone number but, in the meantime, I am posting your question to her in a PM and hopefully she'll be back here by tomorrow (we miss her!).

RIP Genie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #3693
pixiebran
Mouseketeer

I have Lupus which causes me a lot of foot and leg pain, so I was wondering the same thing. If you could pass that information along to me as well, I would REALLY appreciate it
Old 07-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #3694
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY2SMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiebran View Post
I have Lupus which causes me a lot of foot and leg pain, so I was wondering the same thing. If you could pass that information along to me as well, I would REALLY appreciate it
Okay, I found the info. I know Christine (Minnie&Nana) will not mind that I copied it here while she is not around:

If your mom has any special need(s), please call Special Resort Needs asap (have your reservation number ready for them): 407-939-7807 # 1 .

These CM's will block a room to be sure any needs your mom may have will be met. They are wonderful and there to help!

Even if she does not require a handicap room, they can help - just explain her needs to them.

Please note this is not strictly for a "mom"...I just copied Christine's previous post answering another DISer.

RIP Genie
Old 07-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #3695
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Need help!!!!

Okay, guys, as you'll see when I post this, we are on Page 247 of this thread. This thread will close when it reachesh 250 pages. You'll see from another thread that I started, that I've been asked to start a new CSR FAQ Thread (I'm taking a poll to see if you guys want me to or if you think someone else is better equipped). But, in the meantime, if anyone reading this thread is coming back to write a review or post pictures, I'm asking you to open a new thread for the time being. If I decide to star the NEW FAQ thread (which I probably will from the voting so far), I am going to need a couple of days to get it put together. In the meantime, I don't want this thread to be closed before I can at least start the new one. Therefore, questions can be posted here (or started in a new thread as well), but I'd appreciate reviews/pictures be posted separately just for the time being.

Thanks all!

RIP Genie
Old 07-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #3696
arbolita
DIS Veteran

I definitely think you are more than qualified to start a new thread - and I can't wait for September when I finally have something to contribute!

I do have a related question also - is a week too early to fax in room requests? I know most people suggest 3-5 days, but I only have access to a fax machine at work, and my last day at work is the the Wednesday before my wedding, and we aren't leaving for Disney until the following Tuesday.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89

Last edited by arbolita; 07-16-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:59 PM   #3697
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I definitely think you are more than qualified to start a new thread - and I can't wait for September when I finally have something to contribute!
Without a doubt!

Thanks for everything so far!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:03 PM   #3698
MarkinNM
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

Kat go for it, just PLEASE put the vitals in the begining, maps, locations of bus stops, building placements and those WONDERFUL pics ect.....
Old 07-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #3699
momma2kiddos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtska View Post
I guess it would really depend on how much time you spend in the room and how important decor is. I don't have kids, and I haven't stayed at the CBR, but I'll give you this 'visual'. We were on the ME and stopped at the CBR before the CSR. Over half of the bus got off at the CBR. When it stopped at the CSR it was us and another family. We overheard 1 family discussing the difference and they were all saying how much more they liked the CSR-they had a younger kid with them-10ish-who was talking about the pool. The pool was so neat there! I would totally go with the CSR, but that's ok
We had the same experience in March! Most of the bus got off at either Pop or CBR but it was only my little "party" (me, dd11 and ds 5 months) and another 3 person family that got off at CSR!

CSR March 2009
CSR May 2011
CSR March 2013
Old 07-16-2009, 05:46 AM   #3700
TYMAN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
Strawberry margarita please!! Frozen!! And an hour or two on MY hammock!
I can do that! I'll tell Jackie at the bar to make me a "special" Margarita just for Ms. Daisy! Having an adult beverage for someone is my specialty!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #3701
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post

I do have a related question also - is a week too early to fax in room requests? I know most people suggest 3-5 days, but I only have access to a fax machine at work, and my last day at work is the the Wednesday before my wedding, and we aren't leaving for Disney until the following Tuesday.
There are fax machines available at any office supply store (like Staples, Office Depot/Max.) Would this be a viable option?

I'm not sure if a week is too far in advance, I've never done a room request before. But I thought I'd offer an alternative suggestion in the meantime.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #3702
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
There are fax machines available at any office supply store (like Staples, Office Depot/Max.) Would this be a viable option?

I'm not sure if a week is too far in advance, I've never done a room request before. But I thought I'd offer an alternative suggestion in the meantime.
It's an option, but my concern is that in the days I took off before the wedding, sending the fax might not take the top priority if there are other things to get done, you know?

When it comes down to it, my main thing I want is to be somewhere in Casita's 3-5 and a renovated room, so if I don't send it ahead of time, I could always ask when we arrive if they have anything like that available, and hope for the best.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 07-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #3703
Maybelle
I rode my inch worm down the street

Kat...go for it and start the new thread!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #3704
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybelle View Post
Kat...go for it and start the new thread!
I'm working on it now. It should be up tomorrow, hopefully, and if not definitely by Saturday.

RIP Genie
Old 07-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #3705
Chelmarie53
Undercover Princess

I have a quick question...

Has (or will) EVERY room at CSR be renovated to look something like this? :

http://images.photos.walmart.com/232...84642327nu0mrj

or do some still (and are they going to remain) like this? :

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...isney05135.jpg

(found the pics in the room picture thread)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: