Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #3661
mmtska
I dreamed of a wish and it came true!

Location: 15 minutes from Disney, but my home will always be in Pittsburgh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britgirlus View Post
Why oh why do I keep torturing myself by looking at this thread ???? Just when I have myself convinced that I know where I want to stay next May, I read about another resort and start second guessing myself !! Our son will be almost 7 next May, when we are planing our next trip, and I REALLY like the idea of the pirate rooms at CBR - then I come here, and read about CSR, and think that it sounds so much better. Have any of you stayed at both - and if so, can you please convince me which we would like best ?? There's dh54, me46 and ds7. We stayed at POFQ for our first trip this past May, and loved it (despite the rain), but want to try a different moderate this time. Help !!
I guess it would really depend on how much time you spend in the room and how important decor is. I don't have kids, and I haven't stayed at the CBR, but I'll give you this 'visual'. We were on the ME and stopped at the CBR before the CSR. Over half of the bus got off at the CBR. When it stopped at the CSR it was us and another family. We overheard 1 family discussing the difference and they were all saying how much more they liked the CSR-they had a younger kid with them-10ish-who was talking about the pool. The pool was so neat there! I would totally go with the CSR, but that's ok

No trips planned for now....just the odd day at the parks whenever I want
Feeling hot, hot, HOT 7/11 PTR
The Attack of the Lime green Mickey Heads
Old 07-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #3662
disney1980
Earning My Ears

I have my first official question. Does anyone have a picture of the pack and plays that CSR offers? Has anyone ever used one here? Wasn't sure if they were in decent shape (aka clean) or if I should try to take one on the plane!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #3663
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say welcome!

Have seen pictures of the P&P from other resorts, standard and basic. DD was in a bed with a bedrail by the time we went to Disney. Not sure how worn they get...sure someone will know. But, welcome anyway!

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
Old 07-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #3664
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1980 View Post
I have my first official question. Does anyone have a picture of the pack and plays that CSR offers? Has anyone ever used one here? Wasn't sure if they were in decent shape (aka clean) or if I should try to take one on the plane!
Sorry...that is one question that I cannot answer. Our kids were around 9 or 10 when we first stayed at CSR.

But I did want to welcome you to the DIS. And I wanted to welcome you to our happy little family here on the CSR thread!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #3665
redheadx3
DIS Veteran

Has anyone order bottled water from Costco and had it delivered to CSR?
If so, was it delivered to the business mail center or to bell services?
I thinking it would go to the business mail center because it is shipped by UPS according to Costco site.
Can someone tell me again what the business center charges for packages?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #3666
Britgirlus
Mouseketeer

See, this proves my point - several of you have said how much you like CSR better than CBR - so now I want to stay at CSR. Then I'll go and look at the CBR thread, and they'll change my mind. Good job I've got a few months to decide !! What I like, so far, from what I have heard about CSR, is that it is more peaceful than CBR ? I think we'd like that - we're an "older" couple with a young son, so really want the best of both worlds. What is everyone's thoughts on the food at CSR ? I've heard the Pepper Market can be confusing ? We'd be on the QSDP, so price wouldn't be a problem, but how different is it from other places ? Thanks !
Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #3667
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britgirlus View Post
See, this proves my point - several of you have said how much you like CSR better than CBR - so now I want to stay at CSR. Then I'll go and look at the CBR thread, and they'll change my mind. Good job I've got a few months to decide !! What I like, so far, from what I have heard about CSR, is that it is more peaceful than CBR ? I think we'd like that - we're an "older" couple with a young son, so really want the best of both worlds. What is everyone's thoughts on the food at CSR ? I've heard the Pepper Market can be confusing ? We'd be on the QSDP, so price wouldn't be a problem, but how different is it from other places ? Thanks !
First, I'm sure you'll be happy with either resort. As I've said, we've not done CBR, but we've stayed at CSR a lot--we like that it is a large resort--it is very peaceful and quiet (we are 50+ and our boys no longer travel with us).

I am pasting this info here as I think Kari, a friend here on the Dis, explains the Pepper Market perfectly:

Pepper Market just takes a little getting used to. A normal food court, you go through whichever food line you choose and get your food, then get in line to pay, then get your drink, then find a seat. At Pepper Market, they will seat you when you walk in, and give you a meal ticket. Your waitress will come and take your drink order. Then you go through your food line and get your food, and they will stamp your ticket. You go back to your table and eat your HOT food, your drink is there waiting for you. On the way out, you pay for your meal using the stamped meal ticket. It really is more convenient IMO because your food doesn't get cold while you wait to pay for it, and you do not wander around with a full tray trying to find a place to eat.

Pepper Market can be pricey if you are paying OOP, but some of their prices (burgers, sandwiches, kids meals, etc) are right on par with the rest of WDW. If you are on DDP, it is an excellent value. (Steak and baked potato for a CS credit.)
Old 07-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #3668
VegasMike21
I couldn't stop laughing when the car was swinging back and forth

Quick Question- My trip is coming up in the beginning of October and I wanted to get a room in Casitas 4 or 5, when should I fax my room request in? Is a week in advance good notice?
Old 07-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #3669
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMike21 View Post
Quick Question- My trip is coming up in the beginning of October and I wanted to get a room in Casitas 4 or 5, when should I fax my room request in? Is a week in advance good notice?
I always send ours 3 or 4 days before arrival.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #3670
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

How lucky have most have you been when requesting two adjoining (door between them) rooms? Is this a hard thing to do here?
Old 07-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #3671
JEAhrtWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not at CSR, but we stayed at POFQ Nov '08 and the PnP we got was in very good shape and very clean.

The best picture I have is DD trying to smother DS inside of it (it was a long 10 days ).

Previous Trips...
June 2013 GF (work trip) ~ Sept 2013 WL (DS 6th B-Day) ~ Aug 2011 CSR (girls only - niece's 13th birthday) ~May 2011 Poly (4 yr old cousins trip) ~ Nov 2010 Beach Club ~June 2010 19 in a Vacation Home ~Aug 2009 CSR (girls only) ~ Nov 2008 POFQ ~Aug 2008 POP (girls only) ~June 2005 DTD Hotel~June 2004 Vacation Home ~ Nov 2002 DTD Hotel~March 2001 DTD Hotel~Nov 2000 Offsite
Old 07-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #3672
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
I don't have a photo, but I've used the PNPs at CSR twice and they were in perfect shape, no tears or stains or anything. They are supplied with one sheet (Disney, of course). When I have used them, I have taken my own bedding so that it would smell familiar to my child. IMO, the pads in the bottom of a PNP are pretty hard, so I took a couple of soft blankets to lay on top of the Disney-provided sheet. Then, I took a regular crib sheet and wrapped it around the whole thing, blankets and pad and all. That gave my child a soft bed that smelled like home.

Another hint re: the PNP is that at CSR they fit in the sink area under the closet bar, so you can close the privacy doors and put the baby/toddler in his/her own space. It was always hard to get my sons to fall asleep if they could see light, see my husband or me, or hear anything. Closing them up into their own little room made it easier for them to nap and allowed my husband and me to stay up a bit later and watch TV.

Hope this helps!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 07-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #3673
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

He's sooooooo adorable!

As for the Pepper Market question: I found it very easy to navigate...but I did go in October, a relatively slow time.
My only complaint (other than the food being mediocre) was that there are no defined "lines" for the various stations. I thought that was odd and could be troublesome if it had been crowded.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #3674
Talock
Getting there is half the fun.

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasess View Post
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at CSR. We are staying there in September for the first time and plan on requesting Casitas 5, top floor. We are also driving ourselves to the parks so I'm glad to hear that this is a good location for parking.
What's the difference between the Casitas? Following Buzz's advice, we are requesting Casitas 4 since it's only DW and myself.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #3675
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talock View Post
What's the difference between the Casitas? Following Buzz's advice, we are requesting Casitas 4 since it's only DW and myself.
There are five buildings in the Casitas. Casitas 1 is next to the main building, followed by Casitas 2 and 3. There is a walk way and the quiet pool by Casitas 4 and then Casitas 5. The courtyards are different with different fountains.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: