Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #211
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Oh, what a great time! I feel like I was there with you. It brings back memories, it really does.
We'll definitely do it again, it would be fun with a big group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Hooray for the Hoop-Dee-Doo!! I just love it!

Glad your worries about the teens not enjoying it were unfounded!

Our (then) 16-year old loved it, too!

Kathy
me too....nice to see that silly 11 year old is lurking in there somewhere...I love it when he pops out to say hi.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:58 AM   #212
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

What a great update!! HDDR is on our list to do after both boys are over 3!! Man the food looked good! I'd read some not so great reviews, but the chicken looks really yummy!! I am oposite from you. Red wine straight gives me a terrible headache, but if I don't have too much I can drink sangria, yummm! Lookimg forward to hearing about your AK day.

Thanks eandesmom!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2009, 05:17 AM   #213
MEK
DIS Veteran

We did HDDR in 2005 before they had the different categories of seating. I remember getting a table right behind the piano player, although the balcony looked pretty cool. Back then you were seated according to when you booked. I booked pretty early. My kids loved it and DS 16 has asked to go back. Unfortunately we haven't since for various reasons. It was an enjoyable show and I recall the sangria as being pretty good!

Your DS16 looks very handsome in his pictures! And the younger boys seemed to be enjoying themselves! Where is Tink? Hiding from the camera?

Looking forward to reading about your AK day.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #214
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
What a great update!! HDDR is on our list to do after both boys are over 3!! Man the food looked good! I'd read some not so great reviews, but the chicken looks really yummy!! I am oposite from you. Red wine straight gives me a terrible headache, but if I don't have too much I can drink sangria, yummm! Lookimg forward to hearing about your AK day.
The dark meat was better than the white, the white was a wee bit dry. Of course for me (who generally avoids friend chicken but LOVES it and prefers the dark meat anyway, it's always less dry!) the best part is the fried part so.... If memory serves we had a second bucket of everything except the baked beans. It was good. It wasn't outstanding but it was good, basic, picnic comfort food. Which, after several fancier meals was good. Especially for Steven and Tink who are a bit more "conservative" shall we say in their food exploration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
We did HDDR in 2005 before they had the different categories of seating. I remember getting a table right behind the piano player, although the balcony looked pretty cool. Back then you were seated according to when you booked. I booked pretty early. My kids loved it and DS 16 has asked to go back. Unfortunately we haven't since for various reasons. It was an enjoyable show and I recall the sangria as being pretty good!

Your DS16 looks very handsome in his pictures! And the younger boys seemed to be enjoying themselves! Where is Tink? Hiding from the camera?

Looking forward to reading about your AK day.
Our seats were outstanding. Right in the middle, about 2 tables back from the stage. Just close enough without being too close. The guy they picked to the be fairy was one table over from us.

I love those pictures of Steven, we have it framed and up in a couple of spots in the house. I smile when I look at it. Not only does he look great but he's happy, wearing his MK necklace and his Epcot pin. (Whereas Tink wanted a lanyard and pins but then wouldn't wear it if I wasn't wearing one...and I don't have one...meant to get one...didn't find one I liked). He just looks happy and self assured and grown up, but in a good way.

Not bad for a kid who was "too old and wouldn't like it" according to his mom. I really wouldn't mind letting him bring a friend next time. I don't see it in the cards but....

Tink was sitting next to me, you catch her sleeve and the side of her face in one of the pictures. Awkward angle!

Lots of pics of her at AK though!

Ok you guys...next time I will try the Sangria!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #215
burly
DIS Veteran

Still loving the TR.
Love love the hoop de doo. Go everytime we are in WDW. Funny stuff.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #216
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

What wonderful updates! The HDDR looks like so much fun and I'm glad that you all enjoyed it lots The food looks pretty good, but I'm guess the entertainment is what "makes the meal" there Can't wait for the next update!!!
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 07-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #217
SLM
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying your trip report! I've read quite a bit of it together, and considering you were traveling at a very busy time of year with six people (two of them being teenagers!) I think you got an amazing amount of things done! Looking forward to the AK update-like Tink I need alot of info before I go on a ride and EE scares me a little-I've made up my mind to ride it this August, but I'll be glad to read her take on it!
Old 07-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #218
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Still loving the TR.
Love love the hoop de doo. Go everytime we are in WDW. Funny stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
What wonderful updates! The HDDR looks like so much fun and I'm glad that you all enjoyed it lots The food looks pretty good, but I'm guess the entertainment is what "makes the meal" there Can't wait for the next update!!!
Yes, the entertainment, the crowds reaction, the overall ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLM View Post
I'm really enjoying your trip report! I've read quite a bit of it together, and considering you were traveling at a very busy time of year with six people (two of them being teenagers!) I think you got an amazing amount of things done! Looking forward to the AK update-like Tink I need alot of info before I go on a ride and EE scares me a little-I've made up my mind to ride it this August, but I'll be glad to read her take on it!
Thanks! I'm almost the opposite...better off not knowing. Which is how Scrooge got me on this ride once.

X-Scream - A giant teeter-totter that propels you 27 feet over the edge of the Tower, 866 feet above the ground.

OMG

NEVER again!

lol
Old 07-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #219
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Thanks for the review on HDD...we're going there for the first time in Sept. Only problem...my son will not eat a single thing on that menu! I'm going to call and see if they can get him pizza fro Trail's End. If not I'll cancel him and let him hang with my sister. He's the pickiest eater in the World and I can't swallow $60+ for hi to just sit there. I think the rest of us will enjoy it though.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:03 PM   #220
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Thanks for the review on HDD...we're going there for the first time in Sept. Only problem...my son will not eat a single thing on that menu! I'm going to call and see if they can get him pizza fro Trail's End. If not I'll cancel him and let him hang with my sister. He's the pickiest eater in the World and I can't swallow $60+ for hi to just sit there. I think the rest of us will enjoy it though.
Yeah, that would be brutal. I know they are great about dietary restrictions and the like but not sure about "outside" food, even if it is only outside food from TE or Crocketts!

He's not really $60 though...if you are on the DDP it's 2 kid TS or if OOP I think it's $26-31 depending on the category.

He won't eat strawberry shortcake?
Old 07-12-2009, 06:33 AM   #221
MEK
DIS Veteran

Somebody must be doing something with soccer, because I haven't seen a post for awhile. My DS leaves for ODP came this week and is playing in a tournament this weekend with the team he just joined, oh.....2 weeks ago. I went yesterday, but am staying home today!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 07-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #222
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Your pictures of HDD bring back so many great memories of our dinner there. My dad got chosen to be in the show when we went and it was so hilarious (he was the one wearing the tutu in the end). I would love to go back and do it again. Glad you guys enjoyed it too.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 07-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #223
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Somebody must be doing something with soccer, because I haven't seen a post for awhile. My DS leaves for ODP came this week and is playing in a tournament this weekend with the team he just joined, oh.....2 weeks ago. I went yesterday, but am staying home today!
Surprisingly, no! although we have been trying to solve the mystery of the missing ODP polo shirt. Sigh. DSD leaves on Tuesday for camp.

No soccer, but I haven't been home for a few days.

I had a 2 day surprise road trip with my sister and nephew to pick up my other nephew from camp about 7 hours away, (and back) and now need to prepare for a family party this afternoon with my gourmet club (12 college friends).

Crazy weekend!

We did get to go on the "longest floating boardwalk in the world". Who knew!

It ended up being surprisingly fun other than DS10 really pushing some buttons...that too has kept me away from the boards (and computer). He doesn't have ADHD. He has attention-seeking disorder. Sigh.

Off to the store and then to try out 2 new recipes! Sweet lemon fritters and a mediterranean potato salad (new potatoes, tomatoes, capers, olives...yum!). Or at least I hope yum.

Hopping for an AK update in the AM!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #224
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Your pictures of HDD bring back so many great memories of our dinner there. My dad got chosen to be in the show when we went and it was so hilarious (he was the one wearing the tutu in the end). I would love to go back and do it again. Glad you guys enjoyed it too.
Ok that image is enough to make me consider going this next trip. If my dad or Step-FIL got picked that would be such a riot! What wonderful wonderful memories!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #225
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

My pictures didn't come out real well, but here are the ones I took:

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: