Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2009, 07:34 AM   #751
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you got to enjoy some attractions at DHS before the rain began. Great start to your solo adventure.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #752
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Just got these last updates read.... Brown Derby again looked great! I am thinking I will go for this one in Dec... I remember it being very good! That strawberry cheesecake DOES look good!

Glad you got to ride TSM together!

It is nice to have some down time, I am sure that evening in was a good strategy for taking your time and getting ready for your mom... how fun! I can't wait to hear about that!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #753
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

A lot of updates this week!

That's the first time I've seen pictures of the characters from Up - cool!

Glad you both got your cowboy and gangster.

Sad to see Jen go, but I'm loving hearing about your solo time. I think it would be cool to be there alone and do what you want - for a little bit anyway.

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 07-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #754
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a nice relaxing afternoon in DHS! I feel the same way about that park...nearly tied for second place. You are right, there is something about it being smaller that makes you feel like you can take your time a little more.

I found your thoughts on Little Mermaid interesting. I was 16 when that movie came out and for me, it was all about the romance. Now as a parent, I probably feel the parent letting the child go thing more. I honestly never saw it as sad that Ariel was leaving her family (cause she had her man!) Funny that 9 years between us can make such a difference in outlook

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 07-12-2009, 08:42 AM   #755
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I'm glad you got to enjoy some attractions at DHS before the rain began. Great start to your solo adventure.
I probably could have stuck it out for a bit longer but I didn't want to have to wait forever for a bus in the rain. I was happy to miss most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Just got these last updates read.... Brown Derby again looked great! I am thinking I will go for this one in Dec... I remember it being very good! That strawberry cheesecake DOES look good!

Glad you got to ride TSM together!

It is nice to have some down time, I am sure that evening in was a good strategy for taking your time and getting ready for your mom... how fun! I can't wait to hear about that!
Brown Derby is delightful, such a great place to relax too.

I was very happy for my relaxing evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
A lot of updates this week!

That's the first time I've seen pictures of the characters from Up - cool!

Glad you both got your cowboy and gangster.

Sad to see Jen go, but I'm loving hearing about your solo time. I think it would be cool to be there alone and do what you want - for a little bit anyway.
The characters from Up are very cute, I wish I had gone back to see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Sounds like a nice relaxing afternoon in DHS! I feel the same way about that park...nearly tied for second place. You are right, there is something about it being smaller that makes you feel like you can take your time a little more.

I found your thoughts on Little Mermaid interesting. I was 16 when that movie came out and for me, it was all about the romance. Now as a parent, I probably feel the parent letting the child go thing more. I honestly never saw it as sad that Ariel was leaving her family (cause she had her man!) Funny that 9 years between us can make such a difference in outlook
That's so funny. I think my little girl self couldn't fathom loving someone enough to leave my family. As I got old I saw more of the romance.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #756
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Did you all know that DHS (when it was MGM) used to have a Hidden Mickey built into the actual park? You can see it here in this park map-center but upside down. It was visible from the sky -Echo Lake is one ear....the other ear was sort of painted on the roofs of buildings. And you could see it on early park maps. Sadly all you can see now on the maps is part of Mickey's mouth and nose.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #757
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

All caught up! Some great eats LL! You have introduced to some new snacks I must try in Oct. opcorn The corn dog nuggets and cream cheese pretzel look very yummy. So sorry about the rain and your feet hurting but it looks like you made the best of it.

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream
Old 07-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #758
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post

Did you all know that DHS (when it was MGM) used to have a Hidden Mickey built into the actual park? You can see it here in this park map-center but upside down. It was visible from the sky -Echo Lake is one ear....the other ear was sort of painted on the roofs of buildings. And you could see it on early park maps. Sadly all you can see now on the maps is part of Mickey's mouth and nose.
That is one very cool piece of Disney trivia and I would love to have one of those maps! You really do learn something new everyday on the DIS!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #759
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What a great solo afternoon/evening. Glad you found your groove!

TSM is so much fun, isn't it? Although I've been through One Man's Dream twice before you got pics of some things I haven't seen. I am so looking forward to exploring it more carefully this trip. And capping it off with dinner at Brown Derby.

Oh, my friends the Muppets. How I them. That's another area I want to really explore this time. And see the WHOLE pre-show. And find the key under the map. See the net full of jello.

SO very sorry your feet gave you such trouble. I hate having to stand on the bus at the end of a long day. I know you are planning lots of blister preventatives for your next trip-- I wonder if it was all the rain that exacerbated the issues? Hopefully we won't have that to contend with in Sept/Oct!

Old 07-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #760
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

You did great on your own! I'm glad you finally got to talk to your mom on the phone!
It seems to me that the rain forced you to give your feet some much needed rest!
Old 07-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #761
MeMom
DIS Veteran

You and Brooklynn would get along just dandy! She has seen Little Mermaid about a thousand times. Considering she's not even three yet, that could be a record. She is the cutest thing singing along with all of the songs.

I always think about poor Triton, too. He loved his little girl so much that he gave her up for what he knew she wanted.

Alone time resting in the room with some good eats sounds good.

Seeing the updated bedspread made me wish Pop was ready to update. Music and Sports seem so clean and bright now in comparison. I guess Movies will be next, though, and then they'll start on Pop. Who knows?

Keep those pictures coming! It's getting me more and more ready to go!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #762
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Great solo time! I'm glad you got into your solo groove and we able to enjoy yourself before the downpour.

I can imagine you eating that cheesecake and it gave me a laugh.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #763
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Nice update. I never noticed the sign that said that the Jolly Holiday dress at One Man's Dream was a replica! I thought it was the real thing. Now I feel a little crushed.

Sounds like a fun day. Too bad it had to end with rain. Looking forward to another fantastic day.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #764
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Ooo I'm sorry about the rain but it seems like you had a nice night and it was probably good for you feet too! I hope you don't have feet problems on your next trip. I love the Little Mermaid Show, it was my absolute favorite movie when I was little too. I used to watch it all the time!! I love the Muppet Show too, I used to watch the Muppet Show on tv when I was younger!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 07-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #765
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I used to watch Muppet Babies a lot growing up, does anyone else remember that show? Then I started getting into the Muppet Movies and then the Muppet Show.

Yes, I did know that. Walt actually enticed Julie Andrews into Mary Poppins by offering Tony a costume designing position on the movie. I think he did most everything if I am not mistaken. I wish Marc could do that too! Wouldn't that be amazing?
I used to watch the Muppet Babies! We LOVED that show. You never did get to see the Mom did you? Just her legs and her nifty tights.

That is a really neat factoid about Mary Poppins and the costume designer. I had no idea! I think he did a GREAT job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post

Another awesome bit of trivia! Wow! I wish they wouldn't have destroyed it. Very clever.

LL, sounds like you had a GREAT evening being solo! All the way from enjoying to DHS to "me time" in the hotel. I hope your feet start to feel much better for when your Mom arrives...
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: