Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
DisneyTiger
Life is what happens between trips to Disney World

A trip to WDW with a 2 and 3 year old and no melt downs? This must be magic!

Hello fellow DISers! I am starting my TR a bit late. Our wonderful Grand Gathering was May 27 - May 31 and I am just now getting around to reporting on it. I know, I know... bad DISer I hope you all will forgive me as you read along about our wonderful, last minute trip to Disney... well, kind of

Let's start with introductions...

Me - My name is Talissa and I am a 32 stay at home mom of two great kids - Aubrey 3.5 and Brendan 2. My wonderful DH, Jason, is just as bad as I am when it comes to Disney. Our first trip was back in 2003 and we've been hooked ever since. This past trip was our 9th time to go since then, but only our 2nd time taking the kids We ended up joining DVC in November of 2007 and have enjoyed it thoroughly. It has allowed us to take our kids on two magical vacations staying first at BCV and then, in May, we stayed at AKL.

I am also a TA and initially booked two trips for my sisters to go 5/25 - 6/1. One of my sisters had taken her family of 4 many times to Disney but my other sister had never been. This would be their family's first trip, which made it extra special for me to plan for them. Well, the more I planned for them, the more I wanted to be there to see their expressions as they experienced Disney for the first time. It didn't take me long to to convince DH to let me and my DD go along with them. We had points to burn through DVC and a few days left on our tickets so it really was a no brainer. DS would stay behind while DD and I had a special girls trip. We would meet up with my sisters and stay only 4 nights. A quick trip. Well....... the more I thought about it, the more I tried to picture myself standing on Main Street and I couldn't help but be saddened by the fact that my Disney partner in crime wouldn't be there with me. Soooooooo, I approached Jason and before we knew, we had two more plane tickets purchased and my boys were now coming along on our "Girl's Trip"

The Plan: We were to drive to the New Orleans airport from Baton Rouge and catch a 3:00 nonstop flight to Orlando. With time change, that put us there around 5:30. Magical Express would then wisk us away to our studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge - our favorite resort We would hang out at the hotel that night and swim.

Now for some pictures...

Here are Brendan and Aubrey waiting patiently in the kitchen for daddy to get home from work so we could leave for the airport...

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to explain to a 2 and 3 year old that we have to WAIT for daddy to go see Mickey!!! It was the longest few hours ever!

Here they are again, waiting patiently! They each packed their backpacks and were determined to bring them on the plane. Only problem was, they would not let me look inside so I had no idea what they had packed. I humored them and let them bring them in the car but once we got to the airport, they were conveniently "forgotten" in the back seat. It was fine though because I had packed them each bags for the plane ride filled with suprises so the backpacks were not missed

We finally boarded the plane and were off. Aubrey and I sat together and Jason took Brendan. The flight went very well. I HATE flying and Aubrey seemed to be a little scared too. It was kind of therapeutic trying to comfort her when in my head I needed someone to comfort me!!

Here is a shot of Aubrey before we took off...

Here is a shot of daddy and Brendan across the aisle...

Up next....

Magical Express and maybe I can scrounge up a pic of myself to share!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
coteau_chick
DIS Veteran

Great start. I love the plane pictures. How cute they packed there little backpacks. I miss when Courtney and Brennan were little. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Hey....I hope this trip report is better than that PATHETIC pre-trip report.

Your pre-trip report was not pathetic...just not as insanely detailed as your previous one, because you've become some sort of a pro at traveling with the wee ones!

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Old 07-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
DisneyTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by coteau_chick View Post
Great start. I love the plane pictures. How cute they packed there little backpacks. I miss when Courtney and Brennan were little. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.
Hey! Yes, they were too cute with their bags. Aubrey is very into packing her own stuff these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sPiglet? View Post
Hey....I hope this trip report is better than that PATHETIC pre-trip report.

Your pre-trip report was not pathetic...just not as insanely detailed as your previous one, because you've become some sort of a pro at traveling with the wee ones!
Ha ha! Thanks! Yeah, I guess I have learned a lot since that first trip with the kids!
Old 07-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
DisneyTiger

Our plane landed safe and sound in Orlando and right on time! We gathered everything together and headed over to ME. We checked in at the counter and walked straight onto the bus because there was no line That was very nice because at this point, the kids were quite restless and ready to get this show on the road!

We loaded onto the bus and we were off! I waited patiently and then finally...

I don't know about you, but once this video starts, things become very real for me! Hearing it gives me chills! Brendan enjoyed it too!

Now, remember that this was a last minute trip for Jason. He had to take off work at the last minute and still had some things to tend to. As I'm sitting there with Aubrey enjoying the ME movie, I look over and see this!!!

In the name of all things holy... are you actually doing work while on the Magical Express bus!!!! I was appauled but hey, someone's got to pay for this trip right?LOL

He finished up his notes while me and the kiddos waited to see this...

WERE'RE HERE!!!!!!!!

Here is a shot of the kids waiting as we unload our bags from the bus...

We walk into the front door and I had to stop and take a pic of this. It's so true!

Alright, so time for check in. Thought this would be an easy process. We had planned on using the dining plan but with DVC for some reason you have to pay for the dining plan when you check in. You can't do it ahead of time but you do however have to tell them that you would like the meal plan when you make the reservations. So, I go to check in and the girl tells me there is no dining plan on my reservation Surely this was an easy fix, right? Just press the "guest wants meal plan button" right? Nope, what an ordeal. They had to re-book my reservation in order to add the mealplan It thankfully was not a problem, it just took FOREVER!!! By this time, it was almost 7:30 and the kids were starving. So were we! We finally got the meal plan thing settled and headed over to Mara - quick service for dinner. We didn't even go to our room. Straight to eat!

We ordered our food and took it outside to eat. Aubrey insisted on eating outside even though it was very dark and we could barely see our food! I ordered the chicken flatbread. It was DESLISH!!!

Jason ordered the african stew which was very good as well. Such good flavors! Notice how dark it is in the background!

The kids got pizza and a hamburger. Didn't take a pic of this since I'm pretty sure you all have seen that before

And for dessert.....

ZEBRA DOMES!!!! Yum!!!!!

We all scarfed down our food and then headed up to our room. I had packed our swimsuits in our carry on because I knew the plan was to eat and then swim, then crash. Here are a few pics from the room. So pretty...

We had a studio which came with a comfy queen bed and a pull out sofa - perfect for our family...

Brendan went straight to the phone. The child is a gadget boy. Anything with buttons, he's on it!

After checking out the room, we changed into our swimsuits and headed down to the pool!

I had my first Disney sticker shock moment once we got to the pool. I went in to get Jason and I a beer and the total was $14 It takes a while to get used to spending that kind of money on beer!!!

The kids loved the pool because of the zero entry. It was great!

They had swim vests for the kids and they worked great. I actually bought two when we got home! I love them!

The forcast for the week was not looking too promising but I had faith. I knew we would probably run into a few showers but I was hoping for nothing too serious! After we were in the pool for a while, the skies opened up and it started to pour. Aubrey was so funny. She ran out of the pool all worried about getting wet! Too cute. We headed up to our room to enjoy the nice rain storm. Our bags were there waiting. I heart DME Time for beddy by. It was a long day!!!

Last edited by DisneyTiger; 07-11-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
DisneyTiger

Ok, so I just read over this last post and noticed that my kids are looking pretty rough! I promise they're gorgeous kids. They just look exhausted and like they just woke up in all of these pics Ok, just had to say that
Old 07-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

very cute kids. cant wait to here more
Old 07-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
DisneyTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
very cute kids. cant wait to here more
Yay! Thanks for reading! More to come
Old 07-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran

Great TR so far! Can't wait for more

CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
Old 07-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #10
DisneyTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
Great TR so far! Can't wait for more
Thanks I was a slacker on this trip and didn't takes notes! I am having to go through all of my pics to jog my memory of the days. It's all comeing back to me though. My own fault for waiting so long to start the TR!!! Thanks for reading a long
Old 07-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
tinkerbell_xo
Mouseketeer

Great report!! You have a beautiful family!! But where's mommy??

Can't wait to read more
WDW x15 -> CBR, POR, POFQ, ASMu, ASMo, ASSp, POP, and offsite (We stayed at these resorts numerous times)
DCA x1 -> offsite
Old 07-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #12
DisneyTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell_xo View Post
Great report!! You have a beautiful family!! But where's mommy??

Can't wait to read more
Thank you! I know, I am so bad about getting in pictures! I really tried this trip but as you can see, I didn't get off to a very good start! I will find a pic from later in the trip so I'm not such a mystery
Old 07-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #13
coteau_chick
DIS Veteran

Your kids are beautiful and I don't think they look rough. I LOVE zebra domes, YUM O !! I loved the pool at AKL.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #14
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hey! I am glad to hear from you!!! Can't wait to hear more.

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
Old 07-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #15
WannabeAriel
Mouseketeer

Location: Mandeville, Louisiana or 629 Miles from Disneyworld!

Yay! Finally another trip report!!!
08/08 Gustav Evacuation (Offsite)
11/08 Thanksgiving (Offsite)

Counting down to our 15th Anniversary trip in June!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: