Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 07:53 AM   #61
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

I had an idea for the lacing cards. I haven't been able to find clip art of disney images that are large enough with color so I thought I would take coloring pages and turn them into lacing cards. Now you have two things in one to keep them busy. First they have to color it...then they can lace it...and even better you save on color ink. That should keep them busy for 5 minutes!

These should also fit on 8.5x5.5 paper. In case you don't know what to do with these...trim them on the outside or inside of the black line (your choice) making sure to leave a large white border outside of the picture. Then use your hole punch to punch holes along the white border (see post#57 if you need a visual on punching the holes). Buy fun color shoe strings (or use yarn with tape wrapped around the ends) and have your child color and lace the picture.

Thanks spectromouse for a GREAT idea!!! Keep them coming and I will do my best to make more.

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 07-14-2009 at 05:44 AM.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #62
SpectroMouse
Mouseketeer

Dolly-

The threading cards look great! I know Lighting McQueen will be a big hit! What a great idea to use coloring pages!
SpectroMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #63
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Here is a new thread that has the cutest paper dolls with Disney outfits. I thought it would be a great addition to this thread! I will see if the DISigner will add them.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2222243

No need to link to the thread. Just keep reading through this one...Milliepie was kind enough to put them on this thread as well. Yeah!!! Thanks Milliepie!!!

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 08-26-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #64
Sand
Mouseketeer

THANK YOU DOLLY!! I am always looking for activities for my girls that don't have a lot of parts - less to pickup Our girls just started doing the lacing thing and really enjoy it. I have some cute punches in my scrapboook supplies. This is something they can even do in a restaurant - a quite activity!! Dolly, I LOVE that you put always include the measurements. It has rained the whole month of June and looks like we are getting more rain today. Even the weatherman is wondering if we should build an ark! Thanks again Dolly, looks like we will be using these today.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #65
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand View Post
THANK YOU DOLLY!! I am always looking for activities for my girls that don't have a lot of parts - less to pickup Our girls just started doing the lacing thing and really enjoy it. I have some cute punches in my scrapboook supplies. This is something they can even do in a restaurant - a quite activity!! Dolly, I LOVE that you put always include the measurements. It has rained the whole month of June and looks like we are getting more rain today. Even the weatherman is wondering if we should build an ark! Thanks again Dolly, looks like we will be using these today.
Thanks so much for your note. I will work on some princess ones when I'm back home from my current trip. Be looking for Milliepie's paper dolls...she is going to post them later today on this thread. Yeah!!!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #66
milliepie
I miss DIS, but RL is a priority.

Hi there! I finally have some free time and as promised here are the paper dolls. These are meant to be printed or made with magenetic paper so you don't have to worry about the tabs. You can pretty much print them any size you would like them to be. I'm going to make some more gender neutral clothes as well so I'll post them here when they are done. Thank you Dolly and thank you SpectroMouse for the great idea and getting me started!

COMPLETED REQUESTS~~MICKEY HEADS~~DISNEY CRUISE~~HOLIDAYS

Last edited by milliepie; 07-09-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: adding
milliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:18 AM   #67
SpectroMouse
Mouseketeer

Milliepie-

Glad you made it over here! I was planning on posting a link to the other thread here, but had not gotten around to it yet!

Between Milliepie and Dolly - I may need to change my travel plans and go for the drive instead of flying
Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #68
dreaming-of-disney
mama of 2 disney princesses

Location: Drive, drive, and drive some more to see the Happiest Place on Earth

Do you think the paperdolls can be used as window clings?
2010, Dec-DW, VWL
2009, Oct-DCL, St. Croix, St. Thomas
2008, June-DW, All Star Sports, BCV
2006, March-DW, Pop Century
2005, Jan-DW, All Star Movies
2003, Oct-1st trip to DW as a family, All Star Music
dreaming-of-disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #69
pixiemomof3
Mouseketeer

WOW , What an awesome thread. Dolly where do all these ideas come from ?!! Wow You have listed so much useful stuff . We are not going to Disney until next year but I am already making lists and saving the games and stuff you posted . The laminating idea with the markers is great ! I can't wait to hear what other ideas are brewing up in here ! :
pixiemomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #70
pixiemomof3
Mouseketeer

The paper dolls , Those are really cool . with magnetic paper ? I never heard of that before finding this site . Great ideas, My daugher will love that one.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #71
SpectroMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaming-of-disney View Post
Do you think the paperdolls can be used as window clings?
I don't see why they couldn't?? That is a great idea!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #72
pixiemomof3
Mouseketeer

what kind of paper would you use for the window clings ? magnetic or Is there another special type ?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #73
dreaming-of-disney
mama of 2 disney princesses

Location: Drive, drive, and drive some more to see the Happiest Place on Earth

I haven't made any yet. But, I have seen some window clings at Office Depot in the section with the transfers and magnets. My daughter loves to play with the holiday window clings and can use them to play with and decorate the van on the way down there.
2010, Dec-DW, VWL
2009, Oct-DCL, St. Croix, St. Thomas
2008, June-DW, All Star Sports, BCV
2006, March-DW, Pop Century
2005, Jan-DW, All Star Movies
2003, Oct-1st trip to DW as a family, All Star Music
dreaming-of-disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #74
dsnycrzy
W/4 kids who has time for anything else but planning our next WDW trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliepie View Post
Hi there! I finally have some free time and as promised here are the paper dolls. These are meant to be printed or made with magenetic paper so you don't have to worry about the tabs. You can pretty much print them any size you would like them to be. I'm going to make some more gender neutral clothes as well so I'll post them here when they are done. Thank you Dolly and thank you SpectroMouse for the great idea and getting me started!

Hello Milliepie,
Do you have these in African American? My DD loves these and I found the magnetic sheets at the dollar tree.
97-99-HOJO MGE ***00-POR/CRUISE***01-05-HOJO MGE ***06-NICK &HOJO MGE***07-POP/NICK/HOJO MGE *** 08-SUITES @OLD TOWN***09-POP/CBR ***10- NO TRIP &11-No Trip- BABY ON THE WAY 12- CBR/PORFQ/POP/SUITES @OLD TOWN***13-RPR/CBR &VACATION HOME***14-CBB/ASMu/AoA

dsnycrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #75
milliepie
I miss DIS, but RL is a priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnycrzy View Post
Hello Milliepie,
Do you have these in African American? My DD loves these and I found the magnetic sheets at the dollar tree.
I added some to the post.

COMPLETED REQUESTS~~MICKEY HEADS~~DISNEY CRUISE~~HOLIDAYS
milliepie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
games, princess, road trip, travel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: