Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #3736
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

Ok, so I just went in for a trim on my hair...and the girl answered the phone in the middle of my haircut, came back and before I could say a word, cut a piece way too short and completely screwed up. To even it out I now have the shortest haircut I've ever had in my life!! I hate it.

Ugh when I think of what the pictures are going to look like.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #3737
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
Cover it up with Mickey ears??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #3738
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
They're taking the long way to Orlando (via Buffalo, NY & Harrisburg, PA). I get the house alone for 8 fabulous days & nights.

I might miss them a little.

Carrie, I am sooo sorry about your hair, at least it will be cooler?? Trying to be positive. I'd definitely grab a hat if you hate it!

Lois, I am sorry about your daughter's reactions. Sounds like she might be jealous that she's not going!!!

Hey everybody, we're on page 250!!!! Are we about to start a new chapter in our lives? July thread part 2 - the wait is over?

Last edited by flipflopmom; 07-06-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #3739
NJBILL
Always Keep An Eye To The Sky

Another Work Day Down

9 to GO.....
Norwegian Dawn-2005
4 Night Land/ 4 Night Land/Sea Package - Aug 2006 AKL Concierge-Disney Wonder / Deluxe Family Stateroom
Aug 17, 2007 Explorer Of The Seas- 9 Night-Bermunda, St.Thomas, St.Maarten, Puerto Rico.
Aug 11, 2008 Norwegian Sky- Bahamas-Nassau, Grand Bahama Island
Polynesian Garden View Club .....July 21-July 28 ,2009
Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean 2010
Disney Dream- CR Club Level- Land/Sea August 25, 2012
Old 07-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #3740
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

who will break the thread?? which post will set this thread over the edge LOL

I'm in packing frenzy right now. Runnin around all moning getting last minute items..and now I've realized that our suitcase situation just isn't going to work! ARRGG. My big suitcase is too big - I don't want to risk a charge for over weight AND over sized (that woudl be over $250 in charges) so I'm hunting down 2 new medium ones from family this afternoon. ARRGg. I HATE PACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

breathe
breathe
breathe
Old 07-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #3741
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
They're taking the long way to Orlando (via Buffalo, NY & Harrisburg, PA). I get the house alone for 8 fabulous days & nights.

I might miss them a little.
By day 4 you won't know what to do with yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma4ever View Post
Talked with my daughter yesterday about picking up the kids clothes today. We even talked about making sure they had sruff to wear tomorrow. Then today she reams me after reading an e-mail I sent to her because she said she had no idea I was going to pick up their stuff. She will not allow me to pick the kids up until 8PM tomorrow because she wants to say goodby to them but yet she scheduled an appointment to have her hair colored after work tomorrow.

She is mad because this is just stressing her out. This will be the last time I am ALLOWED to take the kids. You would think I could at least get a small simple thank you. But no I am getting yelled at! Go figure. We will be gone in less than 48 hours and then I will not need to deal with my daughter taking her stress out on me ever again! At least until we get home.

Lois
Sorry about your daughter, but hold on just a little longer and it will be nothing but fun, fun, fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBILL View Post
9 to GO.....
only 5 hours of work left here
Old 07-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #3742
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

wow page 250!! let's see what happens...

look.at.my.ticker .... 3 DAYS!!! .. i'm going crazy with excitement! i had loads of meetings at work today and i just kept daydreaming about splash mountain, wishes, the boardwalk, dole whips, soarin', crystal palace...
never mind, only 1.5 days of work to go!!

phoned wdw-play this evening to confirm timings for the Illuminations Cruise (we're all set MrsDisneyB2B - see you just before 8pm at the YC Marina!! )
also phoned the YC to confirm my room request - they had adjoining (that means next to each other, yup?!) + Boardwalk view noted

then phoned my bank to let them know i'd be using my credit-card in orlando, so they mustn't block it!! ... funny, i was waiting for the bank-lady to say "have a magical day!" when we finished the call

the monorail is back up & running today .. so sad how young the monorail pilot was ... i have avoided watching any videos of the crash scene, i hope disney gets them all taken off the internet, no one should have to see that. i can't believe people would stand their filming, and not help/move away to a safer place?!

Barbie x x x
Old 07-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #3743
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
Ok, so I just went in for a trim on my hair...and the girl answered the phone in the middle of my haircut, came back and before I could say a word, cut a piece way too short and completely screwed up. To even it out I now have the shortest haircut I've ever had in my life!! I hate it.

But think about how much cooler you will be in the July heat/humidity with short hair...

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
Old 07-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #3744
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma4ever View Post
Talked with my daughter yesterday about picking up the kids clothes today. We even talked about making sure they had sruff to wear tomorrow. Then today she reams me after reading an e-mail I sent to her because she said she had no idea I was going to pick up their stuff. She will not allow me to pick the kids up until 8PM tomorrow because she wants to say goodby to them but yet she scheduled an appointment to have her hair colored after work tomorrow.

She is mad because this is just stressing her out. This will be the last time I am ALLOWED to take the kids. You would think I could at least get a small simple thank you. But no I am getting yelled at! Go figure. We will be gone in less than 48 hours and then I will not need to deal with my daughter taking her stress out on me ever again! At least until we get home.

Lois
I'm sorry, Lois. You would think she would be happy and grateful that you're taking the kids on such a wonderful, amazing vacation! Maybe she's just jealous. At least you won't have to deal with her while you're at WDW!

July 2009 TR (unfinished): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, '83, '85, Grad Night '89
POP, Jul '07 / CBR, Jul '09 / ASMo, Oct '09 / Offsite, Nov '10
DTD hotels, Apr '11 / ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
???, Jun '13
Old 07-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #3745
HicksWDW
Roll Tide Roll!! I can't wait until Football season starts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopmom View Post
Would he wear headphones? If you have an Ipod or Mp#, you could hook up headphones to something he might like to listen to and drown the fireworks noises out..... Depedning on the heat, you might could get one of those little ear wrap things like a headband for winter, or a hat with flaps - Goofy ears maybe?

Just called Pop, and they have our request in the system for 60's 4th floor lakeside!!! Also needed to request a bed rail for Sophie, but they said just to call down when we get there for that!!!!
Is this a great location?? I have been trying to decide which location to ask for when I call in. What do you suggest for someone who wants to be close to everything? I have a 1 year old and would prefer not having to walk too far but also not be in the loudest section. Know what I mean?
Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #3746
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

At risk of our thread closing, I started a new one!!!! I'll post all the important posts on there too.

Meet me there!!!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...4#post32586414
Old 07-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #3747
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HicksWDW View Post
Is this a great location?? I have been trying to decide which location to ask for when I call in. What do you suggest for someone who wants to be close to everything? I have a 1 year old and would prefer not having to walk too far but also not be in the loudest section. Know what I mean?
I requested 60 building because it's nearest the kiddie pool, classic hall with the lobby is right in front of it, and I chose 4th floor lakeside to be quieter, less traffic, and not near pool. We'll see if I get it, and I'll let you know when I get back how it was. We have a 9 year old and a two year old. If you haven't been over to the POP board, it has tons of info!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1991543
Old 07-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #3748
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by njtinkmom View Post
OMG - It's Monday and Friday will be right around the corner! I have nothing done! DH took the suitcases out of the attic - that's it! I still have to pack for the 7 of us, and go to work 11 hours a day - YIKES!! I can't believe it is almost here!! All these months of planning and it seemed like it would never arrive!! I better get moving!!
My suitcases are still in the basement in their boxes and on shelves. You have to pack for all 7 of you? In my family, anybody 16 and older packs for themselves. My DS17 being a boyscout that camps once a month, is an expert packer. DH still has to go through his clothes, but we got him and DS new shorts at Eddie Bauer and LLBean. I went BACK to Eddie Bauer today and bought those plaid Bermuda shorts that I had to have... also found 2 tops while I was at it. I also called DD21 and she rushed over to have mom pick her up 2 really nice sleeveless tops for $4.99. I couldn't find any size 5T denim shorts for DD7 that didn't have double folded cuffs... but I got a white denim pair. We'll deal. I'm not ironing any more double folded cuffs! What were designers thinking? ! They weren't.

I heard they reopened the monorail. I heard they found a cause, but I have been out all day so I haven't heard any news on that yet. Just 5 more days!! I better get a move on!!

Old 07-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #3749
meanmom121
DIS Veteran

They reopened the monorail ?
Old 07-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #3750
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
They reopened the monorail ?
yes....

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-d...,6419159.story

shows how efficient & professional disney is... if a train crashed in England, the line probably wouldn't reopen for a month

the reopening is good news for all of you staying at Monorail resorts .. and i guess everyone staying on property, it must have caused a lot of strain on the buses yesterday.

ooooh yay it's nearly time for bed here.. then tomorrow it'll be just 2 SLEEPS to go!!

Barbie x x
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: