Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 08:41 AM   #3676
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Co-Auntie Snowbirds ...Shelly you're too cute! I don't mind if Soleil wants to do it on her own. I think she mentioned it first.

Thanks for keeping up with this thread so much. Hope the unpacking is going well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Believe me, you'll need 2 of you to keep up with things before long!

We are still working on things at the new house. We have moved some stuff, but the new carpet/flooring is coming tomorrow. After that we will be able to move a lot more. So by this time next weekend we should be all moved and trying to get all unpacked!
I need a co-auntie!!! I need a co-auntie!!!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
BellaSoleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:44 AM   #3677
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

The one thing I dread about moving (which will happen soon enough LOL) is the unpacking! I can do the packing and the moving of packages to said location...it just takes me months to unpack. However this time I have a plan I'm calling down MOM LOL!!!

Shelly wishing you all the luck as you get your flooring in and hope you guys get settled very quickly!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #3678
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm just over halfway through my first day of work after knee surgery. I took care of my email and sorted all the regular mail (into "file," "do one easy thing then file" and "stuff that requires actual work." Is it bad that I'm leaving the last pile until tomorrow?).

My friend saw that mororail accident on the news this morning. She hasn't ever been on the monorail and I was afraid now she'd NEVER go. Luckily, she only said "note to self: do not ride in the first car. ever."

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:38 PM   #3679
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I just read about that monorail accident. I feel for that boys family! I will definitely be praying for them in the days to come!! I can't understand how that even happened. That is such a weird thing! God bless them.

Sarah...love your story!! and your cruise ship!!!!!

Shelly...don't u just love the smell of new carpet!!!!My allergies hate it, but I love it!! ha!!!! How are the boys doing with it? My kids are great little packers!!! I loooove the big moving boxes that you can let them just dump all the stuffed animals in. It gets full, but doesn't weigh 500 lbs!!!!

Jen...I can always come help you!!!!!! Are you def. gonna be in Austin, or somewhere outside there? I forgot!! My cousins live in Hutto and they say it's the greatest town ever!!!

Sheree-guess you and I can just hang out one night at the laundry room together then!! Ha!!!!! Are you doing a countdown calendar or chain or anything? I am, but I want to wait till 90 days I think.

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #3680
MelXThree
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh!!! I haven't been on here in forever I had such Disney blues after we got back that when I came on here it made me so sad

I am happy to say that I am going back in Jan I decided to run the marathon So I'll be there for a very short visit from the 8-11. The part that scares me the most is I am traveling by myself I have never done this before and having 3 small kids alone time just doesn't happen for me....so I am a little scared.

I'm happy I will have some people to plan with again...I couldn't have done it last time without you all. Any tips on solo trips...I would love

WDW: Jan 2009 @ CBR & Jan 2010 @ SSR

DLR: Oct 2010, Sept 2001, June 1998 & lots as a kid!
MelXThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:22 AM   #3681
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Just a note to all my Snowbird friends, no matter when they're going:
Southwest has a 48 hour sale, with many of their flights going for $30 (0-400 miles), $60 (401-750 miles) or $90 (751 or more miles).
I think they may be booking until January now, but not sure. I priced out my flight and could get it for $90 each way - I'm lucky, though, because I actually got a cheaper flight!

Hoping this could help the budgets for all those flying!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:41 AM   #3682
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Believe me, you'll need 2 of you to keep up with things before long!

We are still working on things at the new house. We have moved some stuff, but the new carpet/flooring is coming tomorrow. After that we will be able to move a lot more. So by this time next weekend we should be all moved and trying to get all unpacked!
Yikes I hope we can keep up...we've got some big shoes to fill!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Hey Snowbird Friends!

Well, Ken and I are back from our Anniversary Trip! We had a fabulous time and took lots of pictures! Hope all my American friends had a super 4th yesterday! We spent our Canada Day in Charlottetown, PEI!!! What a great city!

I heard about the monorail accident! How Sad!

I also heard that our Mama Snowbird is now planning for November instead of January! Shelly, you will be missed! Hope November works well for your family! Hope to see you around here still!

Gosh, we've only been gone for 6 days and I feel so out of touch! What else did I miss?

Oh, something VERY COOL - we were in Halifax last night and heard Sir Paul McCartney playing an outdoor concert in the Halifax Commons! It Was LOUD!!!

Hope you all have had a great week and weekend! Check in tomorrow!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
I need a co-auntie!!! I need a co-auntie!!!
I'm so excited to be a Co Auntie Snowbird with you...as if I needed another reason to be addicted to this site any more than I already am!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelXThree View Post
Oh my gosh!!! I haven't been on here in forever I had such Disney blues after we got back that when I came on here it made me so sad

I am happy to say that I am going back in Jan I decided to run the marathon So I'll be there for a very short visit from the 8-11. The part that scares me the most is I am traveling by myself I have never done this before and having 3 small kids alone time just doesn't happen for me....so I am a little scared.

I'm happy I will have some people to plan with again...I couldn't have done it last time without you all. Any tips on solo trips...I would love
I had the blues too...I found planning another trip cures them pretty quickly!

I've never gone solo but I think if I were going anywhere alone, Disney would be my first pick of destinations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Just a note to all my Snowbird friends, no matter when they're going:
Southwest has a 48 hour sale, with many of their flights going for $30 (0-400 miles), $60 (401-750 miles) or $90 (751 or more miles).
I think they may be booking until January now, but not sure. I priced out my flight and could get it for $90 each way - I'm lucky, though, because I actually got a cheaper flight!

Hoping this could help the budgets for all those flying!
Wow I may consider flying instead of driving with those rates! Thanks for the heads up!

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #3683
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

thanks! I am going to check on that! I would like to use them...with the cheaper bag fare and all, but coming from Texas, we never get the great deals they offer for flights from the east coast. Not sure why, but for us they are usually more $ than Continental...gonna check it out!!!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #3684
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Hello Birdie friends! How is everyone doing? I'm doing alright here. I've been really busy with work. I got a promotion a few weeks back, however nothing has actually changed with my position, so that's frustrating. I just work more hours, which still isn't much of a change. So I need to find a way to talk to my boss about what my job description actually is now.

I'm starting to look at cars too. I want to get one by the end of summer. So I'm looking for opinions on all types. My main wants are safety (doing winter driving) and budget! I have some ideas, but I need to just get out and start test driving cars and see what kind of deals and loans I can get. But I love getting opinions from other people.

Ok, I've been up since 4am. I'm off to sit outside and fall asleep...
crzyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #3685
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hello Snowbirds!

Well I now have brand new carpet and laminate floors in the new house!!

I may not be around much over the next week or so, so I went ahead and started the new thread since this one is nearing the end. So. . . .

The new "Snowbird Chat" can be found here ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post32607486 ~ We can all stay in touch here and talk about our upcoming January and non-January Disney trips!

And the January 2010 Snowbird thread is here ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2193816 ~ Kim & Soleil are taking good care of it!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #3686
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Thanks for setting it up Shelly!

Congrats on the new floors!

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #3687
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny2AE View Post
Thanks for setting it up Shelly!

Congrats on the new floors!
Thanks! I never thought I'd be so excited about carpet & laminate!
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: