Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
di$neyf@n
Mouseketeer

Bastille Day attendance- Is it really bad?

We might be going to DLP July 12-16 if the cardiologist clears our son for rides and we find a animal sitter. I am concerned about how bad the crowds in the park will be that day. DH wants to go see the fireworks at the Eifel Tower but it nearly costs 100 Euro for our family of 6 to take the train in and I don't want to deal with smoking and crowds because that could set our son into having an attack. Which do you think will be more crowded? The Eifel tower or DLP that night? Also being from the US I have to say I find alot of French don't care for us so I am not sure being in the middle of Paris would be safe or smart for our family. Any thought or suggestions for those of you familar with the area? Or do you know of a quieter area where the fireworks at the Eifel Tower can be seen from a safe/uncrowded place?

Thanks in advance.

DISNEYLAND PARIS

July 2009 Explorers Hotel Dec. 2008 DLH CC Suite Oct. 2008 Explorers Hotel Aug. 2008 Explorers Hotel June 2008 DLH CC TB Suite
Nov/Dec 2007 Explorers Hotel Oct. 2007 Explorers Hotel Aug. 2007 Sequoia Lodge June 2007 Explorers Hotel
April 2007 Davy Crockett Ranch March 2007 Off Site Feb. 2007 Off Site June 2002 Davy Crockett Ranch

WALT DISNEY WORLD FLORIDA
May 2006 Pop Century March 2006 Off Site Sept. 2005 Off Site May 2005 Off Site Oct. 2004 Shades Of Green
di$neyf@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

I would have thought central Paris would have been busier. I was there several (over 20) years ago on Bastille Day when I was working in Paris. The main celebrations took place in Place de la Concorde where I went with a friend. It was good fun with a Jean Michel Jarre concert and fireworks and laser light shows but very very busy with people letting off bangers and fireworks themselves as well.

i remember the metro home being so crowded we gave up and just walked

However as I say it was a long time ago so it may be different now
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
kxs401
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by di$neyf@n View Post
We might be going to DLP July 12-16 if the cardiologist clears our son for rides and we find a animal sitter. I am concerned about how bad the crowds in the park will be that day. DH wants to go see the fireworks at the Eifel Tower but it nearly costs 100 Euro for our family of 6 to take the train in and I don't want to deal with smoking and crowds because that could set our son into having an attack. Which do you think will be more crowded? The Eifel tower or DLP that night? Also being from the US I have to say I find alot of French don't care for us so I am not sure being in the middle of Paris would be safe or smart for our family. Any thought or suggestions for those of you familar with the area? Or do you know of a quieter area where the fireworks at the Eifel Tower can be seen from a safe/uncrowded place?

Thanks in advance.
I don't know anything about what the crowds will be like on Bastille Day, but I can address part of your post. I am an American and was in Paris in March. I never felt unsafe or "un-smart" in the middle of Paris. I only speak a tiny bit of French, but everyone I dealt with was very helpful in putting up with my halting attempts, and many spoke at least a bit of English.

Anyway, I had a great experience there and never dealt with any difficulty because I was American.

Whatever you decide, have a great time!
1/07: All-Star Music.1/08: Beach Club Villas.4/08: Off-site.1/09: The Grand Californian (Disneyland Resort).3/09: Hotel Cheyenne (Disneyland Paris).5/09: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village.12/09: Coronado Springs.1/11: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village.1/12: Disney Dream.5/12: Beach Club Villas for DBFF's first Disney experience.
kxs401 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: