Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #136
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, how I love your pictures of CBR! So pretty and so tropical -- it's just made for drinking pina colavas there!

Can't wait to see this hoodie that was begging to be purchased!

I got misty-eyed over the toast! What a wonderful way to officially start the vacation.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:40 AM   #137
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, how I love your pictures of CBR! So pretty and so tropical -- it's just made for drinking pina colavas there!
I am seriously lusting after that drink this morning. I really, really need one.

Quote:
Can't wait to see this hoodie that was begging to be purchased!

Quote:
I got misty-eyed over the toast! What a wonderful way to officially start the vacation.
I thought I would cry when I did the toast, but I managed to hold it together.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #138
maroo
DIS Veteran

Awesome toast.

You guys must have had a blast!

I can't wait to see whether or not you own a hoodie. I hope so!!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #139
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Awesome toast.

You guys must have had a blast!
We totally did. And this first night was so unbelievably relaxing. Wonderful!

Quote:
I can't wait to see whether or not you own a hoodie. I hope so!!
TK: The Curse of the $50 Hoodie

That should so be the chapter title.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #140
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What a nice toast! I'm sure that your grandparents are/were smiling that you both continue to enjoy the World with new friends and your own families!

Pina Colava... yum. And those rum floaters on the top can be dangerous! Not that I mind...

I can't wait to hear how the hoodie question turns out!!

Old 06-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #141
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Sounds like the start of a great weekend. What a wonderful way to start your trip.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-29-2009, 07:58 AM   #142
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
When last we left our daring duo, they were off in search of generous libations.

Preferrably containing rum.

Quote:
And I said, "Tink...I don't need another $50 hoodie."

And Tink said, "But you have to buy this. It was made for you."
She's such a good enabler... er, DIS friend!

Quote:
I really loved a lot of the merchandise in the store. Honestly, between the pirate stuff and the variety of girly bags they had going on, I was just thrilled. Quite frankly, I've never seen so many bags that I acutally liked at Disney. Totes, purses, wallets. My, my!
Isn't it fun in there? One of my favorite gift shops!

Quote:
...and we toasted.

To her grandmother, and my grandfather. Who I know would both be very proud of us. And who, I entertained the notion, may have even been sharing a few laughs as well, just like we were.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 06-29-2009, 09:28 AM   #143
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
What a nice toast! I'm sure that your grandparents are/were smiling that you both continue to enjoy the World with new friends and your own families!
I'd like to think so.

Quote:
Pina Colava... yum. And those rum floaters on the top can be dangerous! Not that I mind...
No joke, every time we talk about one on here, it makes me craze it so badly. I want a Pina Colava, dang it! I'll have to see if the Friendies know how to make one.

Quote:
I can't wait to hear how the hoodie question turns out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Sounds like the start of a great weekend. What a wonderful way to start your trip.
It really was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
She's such a good enabler... er, DIS friend!
Oh, that she is!

Quote:
Isn't it fun in there? One of my favorite gift shops!
It's such a great place to lose yourself. It was nice to shop without having to worry about who was waiting for me.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #144
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

You must tell me......is CBR the only place I can get a Pina Colava?!??!?!?!!? I NEED ONE!!! MUST....HAVE.....ONE!!!!! Looks so yummy!!!!! I want to know all about the hoodie!!!! The pics are beautiful---even the headless TK....you look MARVELOUS...even with a huge black dot over your face!!!! I can only imagine how good you looked without it!!! (hee hee hee!!!!)

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #145
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
You must tell me......is CBR the only place I can get a Pina Colava?!??!?!?!!? I NEED ONE!!! MUST....HAVE.....ONE!!!!!
You know, I've been wondering that myself, because it's definitely on my list for September. I'll have to check out some online menus and see if I can find it.

Quote:
I want to know all about the hoodie!!!!

Quote:
The pics are beautiful---even the headless TK....you look MARVELOUS...even with a huge black dot over your face!!!! I can only imagine how good you looked without it!!! (hee hee hee!!!!)

It's a beautiful resort. I felt very blessed to stay there.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #147
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You have a beautiful friendship, thank you for sharing it with us!
Aw, shucks.

Thanks. She's just...well, she's just...well, you know. It's been a long time since I've had a friend like that.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #148
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
You must tell me......is CBR the only place I can get a Pina Colava?!??!?!?!!? I NEED ONE!!! MUST....HAVE.....ONE!!!!! Looks so yummy!!!!! I want to know all about the hoodie!!!! The pics are beautiful---even the headless TK....you look MARVELOUS...even with a huge black dot over your face!!!! I can only imagine how good you looked without it!!! (hee hee hee!!!!)
All of the pool bars have the same menu -- they are available at all the resorts. I had one at POFQ last summer, and I saw them on the menu at AKL.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #149
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
All of the pool bars have the same menu -- they are available at all the resorts. I had one at POFQ last summer, and I saw them on the menu at AKL.
Oh, thanks for sharing, CP! I thought I might have read somewhere about standardized pool bar menus, but I wasn't sure.

Oh, I can't wait to have another Pina Colava! YUMMY!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:37 AM   #150
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

How completely Providential that the last update you did involved Grandparents that were very dear to us, and in fact, had a LOT to do with our love of all things Disney. As you know, I have not been on the boards for a few weeks because my beloved Gramma passed away 3 weeks ago, resulting in an unexpected trip to the States.

It was hard and painful, but I have so many amazing memories of her- incredibly many of which involve going to Disneyland. I wish I could have been there with you toasting Gramma along with you. Perhaps maroo and I can add a toast to her when we arrive next year. I think that'd be a poignant thing to do.

Incidentally, while we were going through some of her things, I came across an AMAZING Disney relic of hers! I found a letter dated August, 1943 calling her in for an interview!!!! Can you believe it??!!! I've taken pix. and will do a post over on our PTR in a few days. It's on ancient Disney letterhead and everything! My love of Disney truly has bloodroots!!

Anyway, I'm playing TR catch up this week, and I fear it will take far more than that. Yikes! When I subbed to your reports, I truly wanted to be regular; I sure hope life will normalize now, and I can "visit" with you more often.

Liesa

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: