Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #3571
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwiala View Post
Ok, I may be nieve but is it really the show that has destroyed their marriage? I think not. Two absolutely mismatched people in what is already a stressful situation. I think that even if the show was over, they would be in the same boat. So, why not continue it? I doubt that the kids know any different now from a "normal" childhood.

Not like Jon had a fancy job at the begining of the series. In fact, hadn't he lost his job? Way to bite the hand that feeds you.
I wouldn't say it's all the fault of the show. I think a lot of the problem, besides the show, is the fact that Kate has acknowledged that Jon was very happy with the twins, but she wanted more, so they went ahead and got pregnant again. The demise of their marriage is strictly because Kate does what Kate wants and doesn't give a crap about what Jon wants, now or ever.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #3572
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwiala View Post
Ok, I may be nieve but is it really the show that has destroyed their marriage? I think not. Two absolutely mismatched people in what is already a stressful situation. I think that even if the show was over, they would be in the same boat. So, why not continue it? I doubt that the kids know any different now from a "normal" childhood.

Not like Jon had a fancy job at the begining of the series. In fact, hadn't he lost his job? Way to bite the hand that feeds you.
As I've said all along, I think this marriage has been over for ages. I wonder if Kate has been so hard on Jon because he really hasn't been there right along. He's been like a 9th child.

Jon also said tonight that they have a schedule all set up for the kids, but if he gets a job, that may have to be changed. Yes, he has checked out..and he's excited to do it. Do I think he's excited to be off the show? They say he'll still be on it. Do I think he's happy to lose the responsibility? You bet I do. He gets to shed any hard part of bringing up the family, and he knows most will blame Kate, so he's home free.

I do hope this is the last season, just because what else is there to show? That said, I think pulling the show out from under the kids right now would add more stress.

As for the crooked houses, even Jon admitted that was a much better place for them. The other spot was way too far from the house. I would have been afraid someone would have walked off with one of the kids. I wouldn't have let my kids be so far away from the house at their ages.

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #3573
Epcot luvr
Mouseketeer

I think K-Fed has the one job Jon is qualified for !!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #3574
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

This has to be one of the saddest things I have seen. Like a fool, I said I didn't want to watch the show but I caught the last few minutes. I wish I would have stuck to my guns & not seen it. I feel so awful for those kids.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #3575
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
But it's ok because he's excited about the new chapter in his life. Sounds like a responsible father of 8 to me. Imagine the kids watching that years from now...they get to hear their own father say that he's excited during the show where they announced their seperation.
Where are you getting the idea he's going to be irresponsible regarding his chidren? He's going to be there. KATE was the one running around the country, not being at home. He get's to be free of the emotionally abuse ball and chain known as Kate Gosselin. Good riddance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
People keep saying it's so sad, there are hopes they can work things out and get back together... I think it's good they're divorcing. They are dysfunctional as a couple and their kids are seeing that every day. If they can be happy apart, that is a much healthier thing for their kids to see.

As the child of divorced parents, I look back and am so very glad and grateful my parents split up.
Yes, this is exactly what I mean. Sometimes the best RESPONSIBLE thing you can do for your children is to GET divorced. End the dysfunction, the stress, the arguing, the abuse, the traumas EVERY SINGLE FRIGGING TIME THE PARENTS ARE TOGETHER.

Actually, AFTER divorce, when the parents no longer have failed expectations of each other that they keep hurting each other over, and if they can come to a place of peace, the kids do so much better, than in a marriage where the parents just stay together becasue of the kids but keep hating each other.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!

Last edited by Imzadi; 06-22-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #3576
Epcot luvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
People keep saying it's so sad, there are hopes they can work things out and get back together... I think it's good they're divorcing. They are dysfunctional as a couple and their kids are seeing that every day. If they can be happy apart, that is a much healthier thing for their kids to see.

As the child of divorced parents, I look back and am so very glad and grateful my parents split up.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #3577
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRick View Post
I'm with you. I think, like Kate said, this would have happened with or without the show. She mentioned several reasons why they have been doing the show, not just to have a tape of their lives. I think this has been going on for a very long time, but I still think she would have liked to have tried to work it out. He won't talk to her. He sees the brass ring and a chance to get out from under 8 kids, and he's gone. Although I'm betting he'll still enjoy the money.

I just can't get past how excited Jon was..he almost forgot to add that it's about the kids, after he said he had to do what was good for him.
I totally agree. Jon seemed like he couldn't wait to jump out of that chair and "get on with his life." --- and the money. I notice he said he will probably still do the show. If it wasn't so sad, I would have laughed when he said he might get a job offer. I bet he's hoping for his OWN show "Jon on His Own" or "Just Jon" or something.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
Old 06-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #3578
longstangetrip
If I knew the way, I would take you home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I am so sad to her that they have filed for divorced, thought I am not surprised.

Kate had a breast lift when they did her tummy tuck, but I haven't noticed anything different recently

Suzanne
Nope. She asked that one be added into her free tummy tuck but was told to "no." She's had one recently I believe.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #3579
Geoff_M
DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
I am sick and disgusted by what TLC just did.

Are they seriously going to continue filming while these poor children have to go through the agony of their parents' divorce???

I'm done with the show!
The only thing that was missing was TLC having one of the kids say "Next on Jon & Kate + Eight, Mommy and Daddy make their tearful announcement!" It was rock bottom.

There's nothing left to see here people... time to move on.

"Television ate my family!"
- Lance Loud, star of An American Family, PBS, 1973

"Television ate my family!"
- (Pick one) Gosselin, Jon & Kate Plus 8, TLC, 2009

"Cry 'Havoc', and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... Out-a da crease... In-a da crease... Out-a da crease!!!!"

"Way, way back many centuries ago... Not long after the Bible began..."
Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #3580
C.Ann
We'll remember when...
No time for green bananas
When the going gets tough, she gets the Palmolive!!
If I knew we were going to be graded here, I might try harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
OK. I'm watching Cake Boss. And there's a commercial for next week's Jon & Kate. No surprise in that .. I knew there was a show planned. But, OMG. OMG. Peppy music, cheerful announcer talking about looking back from the very beginning ... These people just announced that they're ending their marriage and THIS is what TLC has come up with to promote next week's show? Are you kidding me? These people are ALL crazy
With any luck, this backlash from this "announcement" will come back to bite them ALL in the butt and the show will tank.. Of course it's up to the viewers.. Keep watching and they'll keep filming - because it's for sure that the so-called "parents" aren't going to pull the plug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
I'm with you C.Ann. I am so done with this show. I am mad at TLC, Jon and Kate. I know everyone is blaming Kate but Jon is one of the parents. If he truly felt strongly about his kids not doing this show there are definitely legal avenues he could pursue. All he would have to do is get a child psychologist that specializes in divorce to go to court with him. Do you really think that TLC would want a court battle over this??? They would let these people out of their contract in a heartbeat if this threatened to blow up. Just imagine the bad publicity it would generate for TLC.

I'd rather watch Bridezilla and Cake Boss. I know those shows are scripted but who cares as they don't have minor children being harmed!!!
Exactly.. I can't imagine anyone who cares about those children thinking it's still a good idea to watch this show after what Kate & Jon just did to their children tonight..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistydoodles View Post
I agree. I did not watch tonight and do not plan to watch again. I am just disgusted in the two of them and can not believe that they can't see what they are doing to their children. It is disgusting.
What's even more disgusting is now that they have "aired" this, the paparazzi are going to go NUTS and there will be NO escape for those children.. They will see and hear everything..

Looks like another letter writing/email campaign for me and mine tomorrow.. TLC first and foremost - then I'll google who the sponsors were for tonight's episode..

Oh good grief! I don't believe this!! I just turned on Cake Boss and they are going to rerun tonights episode at 11 pm!! I really don't think they can sink any lower..
----------------------------------------

"I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
So I wrote your name in my heart,
and that’s where it will stay.."

"We won't be sad, we'll be glad
for all the life we've had
and we'll remember when...."
Old 06-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #3581
Epcot luvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Ann View Post
Are you serious?? They taped this for their children to see? And they - along with TLC - used this "opportunity" to draw in massive viewers tonight?

Absolutely disgusting! Everyone should be ashamed of themselves..

And I assume this ridiculous show will go on??
I agree absolutely disgusting.
sounds like it will, go on
Old 06-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #3582
Epcot luvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longstangetrip View Post
Nope. She asked that one be added into her free tummy tuck but was told to "no." She's had one recently I believe.
Looks like it to me
Old 06-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #3583
Disneynut5
Mouseketeer

I was just remembering how I turned on this show for the first time years ago because my son liked the twins since they were his age. He thought it was cool to see kids his own age on TV. I stopped letting him watch after season 3. What started out as a cute family friendly show has turned into this trash! So sad.....
December 2011 - POR
Old 06-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #3584
kidshop
DIS Veteran

So is anyone feeling peaceful?

Tell me they didn't say anything resembling that 'everything they do is for the kids '. What child want to see their parents divorce on TV?

So am I understanding correctly that Kate must continue the show, but Jon can stop if he wants?
Old 06-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #3585
1stluvispooh
Go straight and never ever stop
Used it last night and might wind up using it again tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltD4Me View Post
I totally agree. Jon seemed like he couldn't wait to jump out of that chair and "get on with his life." --- and the money. I notice he said he will probably still do the show. If it wasn't so sad, I would have laughed when he said he might get a job offer. I bet he's hoping for his OWN show "Jon on His Own" or "Just Jon" or something.
I think he was excited about not just having the identity of Jon of Jon and Kate plus 8. Stay at home parents often lose their identities in the mix and Jon did. He also stated from the get go that he didn't want to be a SAHD! Somehow he wound up one. Kate's doing? It's anyone's guess but I say yes.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: