Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #3556
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Ann View Post
If she has decided to continue on with this show then she has clearly showed her priorities - and it's not the happiness and welfare of her children..

If Jon has agreed to it, he's no better..

I can't even believe what I am reading here that was aired for their children to see and hear from everyone and their brother.. You think the tabloids and such were bad before? Watch them now! And those poor kids will still be stuck in the middle of it..

I hope people will wake up now and turn off their televisions.. This is not a show that deserves to be on the air..
I'm with you C.Ann. I am so done with this show. I am mad at TLC, Jon and Kate. I know everyone is blaming Kate but Jon is one of the parents. If he truly felt strongly about his kids not doing this show there are definitely legal avenues he could pursue. All he would have to do is get a child psychologist that specializes in divorce to go to court with him. Do you really think that TLC would want a court battle over this??? They would let these people out of their contract in a heartbeat if this threatened to blow up. Just imagine the bad publicity it would generate for TLC.

Heck, I just put my 9 yo DD to bed and she is heartbroken for these poor kids. Even she can't believe that they will still be filming this show. We're done.
I'd rather watch Bridezilla and Cake Boss. I know those shows are scripted but who cares as they don't have minor children being harmed!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #3557
LoraJ

I need a vacation!
Wanted to bid on Bare Naked Ladies?!?! The Tag Fairy is Shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbrite View Post
Not to defend her decision at all, because I agree it's time to wrap it up & cancel the show....
But it's probably good for the kids to keep doing it...just for a short bit. They've had these cameras around their whole lives, filming is normal for them. To continue for a few episodes would keep some stability; in a strange way. Not, mom & dad are getting divorced & the cameras are gone all in one week.

Hopefully someone undestands the point I was trying to make......I started rambling.
I totally understand and agree.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #3558
C.Ann
We'll remember when...
No time for green bananas
When the going gets tough, she gets the Palmolive!!
If I knew we were going to be graded here, I might try harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazee4mickey View Post
All I can say is....
"The show must go on"
What kind of idiotic statement that is--way to go Kate, when your kids get older they'll love hearing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joviroxx View Post
I don't know, at this point, I would risk getting sued for the sake of my kids. I dont know what kind of contract it is or what kind of repercussions would exist but I would think if they couldnt get out, at least TLC would figure something out for those kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
While I'm surprised that it came to a divorce .. I'm NOT surprised that the show is going on. Because that's what is important to Kate. That's been clear for months, now.

And at the end of their time in the spotlight, what will they have left their children? Financial security? Happiness? Love? Yes. But that's only part of it. All of this has played out in the public eye. That, to me, is the saddest part of all.

I'm glad I didn't watch. And I'm officially done. I'll not be around for thread #5.
And don't forget that the kids will also have all of these "happy childhood videos" to watch up close and personal - of their parents airing their dirty laundry on national tv.. I have no respect for these two people - none..
----------------------------------------

"I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
So I wrote your name in my heart,
and that’s where it will stay.."

"We won't be sad, we'll be glad
for all the life we've had
and we'll remember when...."
Old 06-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #3559
Epcot luvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
I wish I had a house when I was 5...
Old 06-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #3560
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Kate seems a lot more contemplative and sad. Jon seems, I don't know...almost apathetic. I never liked Kate, but I think we are seeing the real side of her. I feel badly for all of them.
I think she is just playing victim for all it's worth.

The TV tabloid show Extra! showed a home video of the two of them when they were first married, 10 years ago, when they were in their early 20's barely out of college. Kate was sooooooooooooo different. She was lighthearted, softer, carefree, no makeup. They were on their way to Disney. They couldn't get enough of each other. They were so HAPPY together.

I can understand how Jon fell in love with that woman. The woman I've seen in the few times I've watched the show, and tonight bares absolutely NO resemblance to that young woman. This woman is harsh, hard, critical, domineering, controling.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #3561
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
People keep saying it's so sad, there are hopes they can work things out and get back together... I think it's good they're divorcing. They are dysfunctional as a couple and their kids are seeing that every day. If they can be happy apart, that is a much healthier thing for their kids to see.

As the child of divorced parents, I look back and am so very glad and grateful my parents split up.

I'm with you. I think, like Kate said, this would have happened with or without the show. She mentioned several reasons why they have been doing the show, not just to have a tape of their lives. I think this has been going on for a very long time, but I still think she would have liked to have tried to work it out. He won't talk to her. He sees the brass ring and a chance to get out from under 8 kids, and he's gone. Although I'm betting he'll still enjoy the money.

I just can't get past how excited Jon was..he almost forgot to add that it's about the kids, after he said he had to do what was good for him.

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #3562
mistydoodles
Disney Addict

Quote:
If she has decided to continue on with this show then she has clearly showed her priorities - and it's not the happiness and welfare of her children..

If Jon has agreed to it, he's no better..

I can't even believe what I am reading here that was aired for their children to see and hear from everyone and their brother.. You think the tabloids and such were bad before? Watch them now! And those poor kids will still be stuck in the middle of it..

I hope people will wake up now and turn off their televisions.. This is not a show that deserves to be on the air..
I agree. I did not watch tonight and do not plan to watch again. I am just disgusted in the two of them and can not believe that they can't see what they are doing to their children. It is disgusting.

POR Nov 15th-23rd 2012 for DD 16th Bday Celebration
CBR Feb 16- Feb 23rd '11
CSR Nov 21-29th '08
POR Nov 9-17th '07
POFQ Dec 9-16th '06
POFQ Dec 10-17th '05
ASMO Dec 18-23rd '04
Old 06-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #3563
kidshop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House Mama View Post
I really can't take her. She does not have those kids interests at heart. I would think that she would be devastated and the last thing on her mind would be filming. Silly me. I thought that just maybe for once she would put her children first. What was I thinking?

BTW- Am I the only one here who thinks she really does have something going on with the bodyguard?
The bodyguard is definitely a possibility. She's just very discreet.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #3564
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

For those of you who are offended and disgusted by the show, I'd suggest writing in to TLC. We all recommend it when something goes wrong at Disney so why not with this situation?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 06-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #3565
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stluvispooh View Post
Don't leave us Madge!
very sweet of you to say .. but I've found my closure, I think. Especially after the ridiculous commercial I just saw on TLC promoting next week's show. And especially after these people announced their divorce on national TV. that's just wrong, wrong, wrong. I don't give a flying flip what Jon and Kate do now.

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:15 PM   #3566
Disneynut5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidshop View Post
The bodyguard is definitely a possibility. She's just very discreet.
I hope not! The bodyguard has a wife and kids too. That would be two marriages that this show has broken up!
December 2011 - POR
Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #3567
sandramaac
Needs to look harder...
wonder what the punishment would be for excessive burping

Kate----I, me, my kids

Jon----us, we, our kids

if possible, I dislike kate even more she is self-centered and self absorbed i don't think either one of them did anything to fix the marriage, however if i, as no more than an outside observer, who is basing my comments upon what has been presented by j and k on thier tlc show, would have to say that kate is 90% to blame for this situation
Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #3568
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
And don't forget that the kids will also have all of these "happy childhood videos" to watch up close and personal - of their parents airing their dirty laundry on national tv.. I have no respect for these two people - none..
ditto.

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #3569
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Are you kidding? That was the most telling thing he said. What I heard was RELIEF to be free from the noose and oppression she is around his neck, the domination, the criticisms, the fighting, etc. He gets to have his identity & self back again.
No I'm not kidding. Are you? I agree it was the most telling thing he said and I stand by my comment that he is a selfish man. How can he say that about this whole mess on camera?? Jon isn't innocent in this at all. But it's ok because he's excited about the new chapter in his life. Sounds like a responsible father of 8 to me. Imagine the kids watching that years from now...they get to hear their own father say that he's excited during the show where they announced their seperation. Very insensitive IMO. I guess his new identity is great then...cheating on his wife with a 23 year old girl who made a sex tape with her ex-boyfriend, who's brother has a horrible criminal record, spending time with this same girl in Utah on his wife's b-day and now Jon's dressing like a frat guy, pierced his ears, looking for apartments in NYC and so on. He is exhibiting the behavior of someone who wants to make up for lost time and sow his wild oats. That's my opinion anyway...
Old 06-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #3570
Tweevil
Twin Evils....

-He's excited and she's crushed--

I think if I saw my parents saying this I would be mad - crooked houses or not. One thing I think is that while he may have been bossed around there are other ways of handling things like discussing it and working it out. I think he's immature and is showing it now. I like how he is also quick to jump from the "schedule" if he is offered a job and he is excited and such... what a loser. It seems like he is a-ok with this and let the party begin. I think she made her decision a long time ago what was important and maybe she had to step up to be the dominate one in the family because spineless couldn't... it went too far and she liked the attention she was getting and therefore the the show will go on. I also believe that all of her thoughts regarding walking the kids was teamwork and yada yada is a wee bit too late - sour grapes I guess.

If you ask me they are both at fault - him for not being man enough to stand up and say things have to change with how he was treated and her not being content with her most important role - being a mom to those kids that she holds over the reason for everything that they have done.

I bet if truth be known, I bet the kids would rather have two parents that work together and love each other instead of two monsters who have their own best interests, desires, and stupidity at the forefront.

I think this is best - and TLC needs to promote other shows because this one is a trilogy of what not to do in a marriage... so very very sad...

I feel for the kids, the little ones are just precious and darling, cara is beautiful and mady needs her knickers readjusted but she's cute all the same...

Just my opinion... signing off now.....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: