Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #751
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,676

Morning all! Just a quick jump on here to see how everyone is doing. I hope everyone had a nice Father's Day. DH was super surprised about the tv we bought him.

I did reasonably well eating at the rehearsal dinner and the wedding over the weekend. I did indulge in a margarita at the wedding and I drank my toasting champagne (as well as the champagne that they poured for my 13 y/o DD!!), I so kind of broke my "no alcohol plege" to myself, but I resisted the appletini the DSIL offered to buy me Friday night and I stuck with seltzer with lemon other than that one margarita!

Friday night's salmon dinner was nice. I had half of the portion (about 4 oz) and I did eat the rice salad because there was no other side. But it was brown rice. And the salad appetizer was really nice. I ate all of mine and finished DD's. I had about 3 large bites of the mud pie dessert and then pushed it away (it was a HUGE portion). I finished my night with herbal tea.

Saturday morning's breakfast buffet was tough, but I ordered scrambled Egg Beaters and only ate about 1/3 of the portion they brought. I did indulge in about a heaping tablespoon of hash (it was yummy) and half of a small oatmeal muffin.

Lunch was some pre-dressed salads from Panera Bread (buffet at the bride's house). Not sure how to count it, but it was yummy! I also had seltzer and a half of a cookie.

At the reception I ate one appetizer (a mini crab cake) and the previously mentioned margarita. I ate the salad, half of the HUGE chicken breast I was served (after I removed the skin and gravy) and skipped the stuffing and cranberry sauce. I drank seltzer for the remainder of the night. I skipped the wedding cake, but I did eat a mini cheesecake bite that was delicious. I avoided the munchies at our midnight stop at McD on the 3 hour ride home and stuck with seltzer.

Yesterday was fairly easy eating.....OOOPS... gotta run. BBlater............P

I'm back for just a minute. Anyhow... Aunt Flo arrived in the house yesterday, so that probably accounts for most of the gain I had Friday. Hopefully next Friday will show a loss. Yesterday I was able to stay on plan all day (I skipped the chocolate briocche DD made for DH yesterday for breakfast.... but it looked so good!) I plan to keep up with my exercise and hopefully increase it to at least 60 minute three days this week. I did get in a 90 minute workout Saturday morning at the hotel (65 min on the treadmill and 25 minutes of free weights), but I skipped yesterday and only got in 30 minutes this morning.

Thanks for bearing with me this long!......................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 06-22-2009 at 07:54 AM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #752
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!
 
ohMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,773
DISboards Moderator

mornin' everyone -- where do these summer days go by? dona- you are just finishing up the school year?

kathy -- my prayers with you and your mom
dona -- prayers for you too

i didn't w/i this week, just couldn't bring myself to do so --

tammy -- i'm holding you too that 3 of 30 this week!

i'll admit my boards time has been spent lately reading on the resorts/restaurant/parks board for our upcoming trip. also playing bejeweld blitz on FB which is entirely toooo addicting!

pjlla -- wow! you are amazing with your ability to stick to a plan in a tempting environment!
__________________


Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 AM   #753
bobnjenn0828
Mouseketeer
 
bobnjenn0828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: alabama
Posts: 89

Hi everybody!!

I haven't been able to get on the computer very much this past week. So much for things slowing down when school got out. Now instead we are out in the yard working and starting to plan for our house that we are going to build next year. Which actually is a lot of fun. I am really excited. We are contracting it ourselves and doing some of the work!!

I am going to try to do better about checking the boards because I have noticed how much motivation is available here. It is much easire to stay OP!
I am going to try to go back and catch up.

I am finally able to run on my ankle so I am getting back into the exercise routine slowly. We restarted the C25K and boy is that 60 seconds of running easier this time around than last time

Today we are off to Alabama Adventures - it is a small amusement park and waterpark near Birmingham. This is the first time this summer I have had to put on a bathing suit. Hopefully by October when we go to Disney I will need a new one!! I have had this one for about 6 years now!!

Hope everyone has a great week
__________________
Jennifer & Bobby
BJ & Shelbey
FW - 1980,CBR -1988,
FW 7/09,SSR 8/09, SSR 10/09, PC 1/10, AKL 3/10, BLT 1/11, AKL 6/11

Annual passholder 94-97, 02-05,09
bobnjenn0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:48 AM   #754
Julianna07
Mouseketeer
 
Julianna07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Morewood, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyNC View Post
QOTD - What is one thing that you can change this week to help you towards a loss on WI day?
Being on WW I should be exercising, tracking and attending the meetings to get results. I CAN NOT continue to listen to MEATLOAF (the singer), because "2 out of 3 IS bad" I have the worst time tracking... It's like my brain conveniently forgets as soon as it gets the thought of how the food is going to taste or how it tasted. Somehow I have to "wrestle my brain to the floor and make it track" I sense a crazy power struggle here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
How exciting that you are getting close to goal! Keep up the good work! I think your plan sounds great, too.
I'm not really all that close to goal, I have over 100lbs to lose still, but I can see the end. A couple of weeks ago at WW they had us close our eyes and see ourselves at goal. What are we wearing, what do we look like, who are we talking to.... I never believed that I could get there or that I ever would. I can now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post

Julianna07 - you're new clippie looks great!
Thank you.
__________________
First "Wonder"-ful Cruise February 25-28 2010 Wonder
Second "Magical" Trip March 19-26 2011 Magic
Third Trip September 22- 26 2013 Dream
Back2Back on the Wonder Dec 7-12 2014 and Dec 12-17 2014
Julianna07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #755
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 30,859

Good morning! I should have answered Friday's QOTD and planned better. I did some things right and some things wrong and some things were completely out of my control.

Good:
* I ate lunch at home on Saturday instead of going out. I had a nice salad with tofu and left over grilled chicken.
* My DD had a pizza pool party on Saturday night. I knew that I would NOT be able to stop with only 2 pieces of pizza even if it was Domino's (yuck) so I stopped at Culver's instead and got a grilled chicken sandwich and ate 1/2 of the bag of fries.
* I went to a pot luck on Sunday and split the hugemongous serving of (OMG so GOOD!) strawberry ice cream dessert on graham cracker crust with my friend. I tried to make good choices with low fat protein (like garbanzo bean salad) and lots of veggies.
* On Sunday night my DH wanted Italian sausage for Father's Day, so I selected turkey sausage and made him onions, peppers and sausage and served it over fresh whole wheat pasta.

Bad:
* I had wine or beer with every dinner this weekend.
* I had some sloppy joe without the bun at the pot luck.
* I didn't really think ahead for the Culver's trip and chose something I *thought* would be "good". It wasn't.

Out of my control
* Exactly how many calories were in the pot luck items.
* I ased for a grilled chicken sandwich at Culver's and then asked what came on it. I was told lettuce and tomato. I asked for some light ranch so I wouldn't eat a dry sandwich. In reality, they gave me a FRIED chicken sandwich and it had MAYO on it. It turned out that the fried chicken was only 1 point more than the grilled chicken . I still wasted points on the mayo but I didn't use the dressing.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #756
SpaceMtnFan
My Misson if I choose to accept it... ( and I will ) is to ride Space Mountain forever
 
SpaceMtnFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delaware County Ohio
Posts: 828

Talking A Very Busy weekend with Dad... Back to work after a week off

Hi gang It has been a Busy Busy weekend . I spent fathers day with my Dad. We went to his Church yesterday, then We had dinner and watched Golf all afternoon. Last week I was off on Vacation spending time with my girlfriend. We went to the on Baseball Game last tuesday to see the Columbus (Ohio) Clippers play the Rochester Red Wings. The Clippers won 10-3Before the game My Girlfriend and I ate at A place in the Stadium called City Barbeque, It was Buck-ABone Night at the Game. We ate 8 rib bones a piece with Baked beans and Potato Salad and washed it down with Pepsi. I had to walk it off the next day because I fely guilty eating too much at the Game but overall I manage to keep up My walking regiment by walking 3 days last week at a local park. Well its back to work today . Have a great Monday
__________________
SpaceMtnFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #757
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran
 
LuvBaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BC, Canada :)
Posts: 3,332

Jessi - its not cheating, its finding the silver lining! Can you contact the realtor to complain about them taking the fridge? They should either bring it back or give you some money.

Dona - what kind of needlework do you do? Have you had this kind of surgery before?

It sounds like lots of people have been having busy. I entered in all my food for the weekend, and I've used up all my weekly points, and my activity points, and still in the negative. So that's good motivation to get some more exercising done this week. I might have over-estimated food on Saturday, but its better for me to guess too many points. I looked at my trend and I haven't really lost anything in the last month, just gaining and losing the same couple pounds. This week, I want to kick my own butt into gear and get back to the losing trend. I'm down 20lbs since January, but this is not where I want to be. It does feel good to be wearing jeans I bought 2 years ago, and then couldn't fit into but, I want them to end up being too big. I think my problem, is that I reached the point that the clothes in my drawers which I hadn't been wearing for a couple years, all started fitting again, and some things were getting badly too big, so I got too comfortable about where I'm at now, and quit concentrating on the end goal. Sorry for the long ramble, putting my thoughts down, helps me get motivated!

Results will be posted tonight, but I'm on west coast, so the eastern folks, probably won't see them until tomorrow.
__________________
Shannon
MouseFanInQueue's other half

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #758
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran
 
LuvBaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BC, Canada :)
Posts: 3,332

Last chance for last week's WI

Just thought I'd post a last chance for those who haven't sent in last week's weigh-in. If you can get it to me today, you'll still be in the results posting. If you get it in after, its fine too, you just won't get your name in the Top Losers Post.

I know some people have been travelling, and just plain busy with other issues, so please just consider this a friendly reminder for those who have just plain forgot to PM it.

Missing in action are:
CruiseBoundnKY
estherhead
luvthemouse71
mefordis
MelanieC
mikamah
My2E's
njcarita
pjilla
Sneezie
TammyNC
__________________
Shannon
MouseFanInQueue's other half

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #759
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,450

A great big welcome: to our newest member, disney1990!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
For the QOTD....well, I felt really good about how I did last week and I gained, so for this week I am staying right at point...not using any flex this week. If this doesn't work, I will try switching it up again but in a different way.
Sounds like you did great this week-end. I think sometimes you have to use all your points to lose, I don't know why that is but I lose more when I use all my points. You know DH has to cook dinner every night since he got his new grill, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Well, this week is going to be a challenge. I found out on Friday at work that I am going out of town AGAIN for this week. My goal is to fit in exercise and limit portions since I'll be eating out every meal. I was out of town for the week preceding 2 weigh-ins ago and gained 0.5 pounds. If I can maintain I'll be okay, and if I can even lose 0.2 pounds I'll be happy. Of course more would be great, but I'm trying to be a realist so that I'm not super disappointed at the next WI.
Travelling is hard on your body. Sounds like you have a good plan to help you get through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
Okay, confession time here: I'm kind of excited for weigh in, because I'm pretty sure that the colonoscopy prep alone will result in weight loss (not to mention eating restrictions today and all the moving around!) It's the one bright spot in this whole big mess! Is that cheating?
Nope, not cheating. Be sure that you follow all the instructions no matter how uncomfortable you feel, because if they can't see they will make you come back and do it again. The procedure is a piece of cake compared to the prep. I hope that they figure out what is going on so you can start feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Lots to do before Friday. I still haven't cleaned the house. I really have to get some clothes together for the next two weeks so I can get dressed easily but I don't know what is going to fit over the bandage. I also have to get some more yarn and some books to read and set up some more embroidery. I did clean my needlework basket out so that there are somethings I can work on and it is right next to the lamp that I like to use. See I am thinking of the important things.
donac, sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery on Friday. I know that you will be glad to have it behind you and be on your way to feeling better. When I was flat on my back for five days a couple of weeks ago I learned that world kept on turning, people managed to feed and dress themselves and the house came back together relatively quickly. Spend these next few days finishing school and taking care of yourself because it's your turn to be taken care of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Yesterday I was able to stay on plan all day (I skipped the chocolate briocche DD made for DH yesterday for breakfast.... but it looked so good!) I plan to keep up with my exercise and hopefully increase it to at least 60 minute three days this week. I did get in a 90 minute workout Saturday morning at the hotel (65 min on the treadmill and 25 minutes of free weights), but I skipped yesterday and only got in 30 minutes this morning.
I am always so inspired when I hear about your plans and how you deal with things. You so totally !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
i'll admit my boards time has been spent lately reading on the resorts/restaurant/parks board for our upcoming trip. also playing bejeweld blitz on FB which is entirely toooo addicting!
Sounds like a lot of fun! When are going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnjenn0828 View Post
I am finally able to run on my ankle so I am getting back into the exercise routine slowly. We restarted the C25K and boy is that 60 seconds of running easier this time around than last time
Glad your ankle is feeling better. Foot pain is no fun! I am going to try the
C25K thing, too. I really don't like running so it may be more like speed walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianna07 View Post
I'm not really all that close to goal, I have over 100lbs to lose still, but I can see the end. A couple of weeks ago at WW they had us close our eyes and see ourselves at goal. What are we wearing, what do we look like, who are we talking to.... I never believed that I could get there or that I ever would. I can now.
If you can see your goal, even if it seems far away, you are close to goal IMHO. I just got down to double digits on my big goal so I totally know where you are coming from. It sounds like you are heading in the right direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Out of my control
* Exactly how many calories were in the pot luck items.
* I ased for a grilled chicken sandwich at Culver's and then asked what came on it. I was told lettuce and tomato. I asked for some light ranch so I wouldn't eat a dry sandwich. In reality, they gave me a FRIED chicken sandwich and it had MAYO on it. It turned out that the fried chicken was only 1 point more than the grilled chicken . I still wasted points on the mayo but I didn't use the dressing.
Sounds like you did very well in spite of some things out of your control. I have beer or wine pretty much every day. It is what I use my activity points for. I feel like WW is supposed to help you make good choices in real life under all sorts of situations and realistically while I can not drink for long periods of time, I feel a lot better if I have a glass of wine or beer, especially on a hot summer day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMtnFan View Post
Hi gang It has been a Busy Busy weekend. I spent fathers day with my Dad.
Sounds like you had a good week-end. When I want a real Coca Cola I look to see how long it will take me to walk it off. Some times that is enough to help me choose something else to drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
It sounds like lots of people have been having busy. I entered in all my food for the weekend, and I've used up all my weekly points, and my activity points, and still in the negative. So that's good motivation to get some more exercising done this week. I might have over-estimated food on Saturday, but its better for me to guess too many points. I looked at my trend and I haven't really lost anything in the last month, just gaining and losing the same couple pounds. This week, I want to kick my own butt into gear and get back to the losing trend. I'm down 20lbs since January, but this is not where I want to be. It does feel good to be wearing jeans I bought 2 years ago, and then couldn't fit into but, I want them to end up being too big. I think my problem, is that I reached the point that the clothes in my drawers which I hadn't been wearing for a couple years, all started fitting again, and some things were getting badly too big, so I got too comfortable about where I'm at now, and quit concentrating on the end goal. Sorry for the long ramble, putting my thoughts down, helps me get motivated!
It sounds like you have come a long ways since the beginning of the year. I think that you should celebrate that while you come up with strategies to get back into losing mode. Every little victory takes you one step closer to your goal!

Please help our weightkeeper and PM your weigh in if you haven't already. Pretty please!

Have a great day losers!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #760
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...
 
donac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Jersey Shore
Posts: 5,196

[QUOTE=lisah0711;32384619]

donac, sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery on Friday. I know that you will be glad to have it behind you and be on your way to feeling better. When I was flat on my back for five days a couple of weeks ago I learned that world kept on turning, people managed to feed and dress themselves and the house came back together relatively quickly. Spend these next few days finishing school and taking care of yourself because it's your turn to be taken care of now.
[QUOTE]

Thanks Lisa. Isn't funny how we worry about others and not take care of ourselves. This is a very important lesson we all need to learn.

[QUOTE=LuvBaloo;32382521]
Dona - what kind of needlework do you do? Have you had this kind of surgery before?

It sounds like lots of people have been having busy. I entered in all my food for the weekend, and I've used up all my weekly points, and my activity points, and still in the negative. So that's good motivation to get some more exercising done this week. I might have over-estimated food on Saturday, but its better for me to guess too many points. I looked at my trend and I haven't really lost anything in the last month, just gaining and losing the same couple pounds. This week, I want to kick my own butt into gear and get back to the losing trend. I'm down 20lbs since January, but this is not where I want to be. It does feel good to be wearing jeans I bought 2 years ago, and then couldn't fit into but, I want them to end up being too big. I think my problem, is that I reached the point that the clothes in my drawers which I hadn't been wearing for a couple years, all started fitting again, and some things were getting badly too big, so I got too comfortable about where I'm at now, and quit concentrating on the end goal. Sorry for the long ramble, putting my thoughts down, helps me get motivated!

[QUOTE]

Congrats on 20 pounds. That is more than I have done and I wish I had done it.

I do all sorts of needlework. I knit (I am into making socks now), crochet, needlpoint, embroidery and quilt.

I have not had bunion surgery done before. This is my first surgery except for wisdom teeth so I am a little nervous.
__________________
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #761
mikamah
DIS Veteran
 
mikamah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,753

Thank you all so much for the support and prayers for my mom and our family. I am trying to take the advice to heart and take care of myself too. My mom's not doing too well. She didn't get that much relief from when they drained the fluid on sunday, and she's so weak. We will meet with the surgeon in the morning, and he may be able to put a catheter in the lung to drain the fluid as the cancer makes it, and that will be the most helpful. She is really amazing me how brave and strong she is. We talked today about hospice, and as soon as she is ready we will bring her home with hospice. My sister's also a nurse and she lives with her, I figure we can bring an air mattress and camp out there too, and she can be with her family. It's still so unbelieveable, but we all seem to be in agreement and she just wants to be home.
So, on the taking care of myself part, I got up again today and did a watp tape, and spent the day at the hospital. I also took the week off, and will readdress at the end of the week and take more time as needed. I am lucky to have a lot of sick time built up, and can use the fmla policy as I need to, up to 12 weeks off in a year. Eating wise, skipped lunch today and had snackwells cookies, not good but low points, but tonight I will eat a good dinner, I promise.

Jessi- I work in endoscopy, and like dona said the prep is definitely the hardest part, and you will be amazed when it's all over. You will definitely lose weight that day!! Good luck.

Dona- good luck to you on friday. It is so nerve wracking to have surgery, but I'm sure everything will be fine, and you'll be home with your foot up knitting those socks before you know it. A friend of mine likes to knit socks too, and when I used to knit, I never tried socks, but liked the mittens on the round needles.

It sounds like everyone is doing great this week. Keep up the great work!!
__________________
Kathy Michael-DS11

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #762
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran
 
LuvBaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BC, Canada :)
Posts: 3,332

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Hear Come the Results!

(thanks to Dare2Dream! She is the inspiration for the post!)

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars for Week 5 of our BL Summer Challenge!

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenged – (can re-start at any time, though )
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know ahead of time
-I don't follow the BL TV version of handling gains. All losses are the simple formula of: (last week - this week) divided by last week


First some stats

not reporting in for 3 weeks ---- for the 3rd week in a row, its 3 people gone (they are dropped from the stats, but welcome back at anytime!)
not reporting in for 2 weeks ----2
not reporting in for 1 week -----5
Excused-----------------------2
new recruits this week----------1
weigh ins this week-------------25
gains---------------------------7
maintains-----------------------3
losses-------------------------15


Summer Between BL Challenge Week 1
weekly total group loss for week #5 = 26.4 pounds
Total group loss for the challenge so far = 143.1 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost this week 0.59%


Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me.

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 5? I was going to change things up this week and report anybody who lost 1% or more, and it turns out that's 10 people, so once again I'll list the Top 10 Losers!
(That criteria may change from week to week. Hey I'm in charge here and I get paid nothin' to do this so you better take what you can get!)

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 5 Superstars!!

#10-1.12%- Corrinak
#9- 1.13% - robinb
#8-1.16% - PrincessBride6205
#7-1.23% - sdchickie
#6-1.35% - 50sjayne
#5-1.38% - Worfiedoodles
#4-1.43% - Julianna07
#3-2.06% - SpaceMtnFan
#2-2.52% - bobnjenn0828

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 5 Biggest Loser!!


#1-3.02%-uptown girl44


How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!

Congratulations uptown girl44!!! Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser.

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version



or use this
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

or we have a medium version



or use this
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

and we have a small version

[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg[IMG]

or use
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by [IMG]

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great!
__________________
Shannon
MouseFanInQueue's other half

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #763
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran
 
princessbride6205's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,972

Congrats, uptown girl!
__________________
Nicole DH DD(6)
If there's a trip, there's a race!
2010 Princess Half * 2011 Wine & Dine Half * 2012 Wine & Dine Half
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:03 AM   #764
TammyNC
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
Would rather be her own person than share a tag
Always shares her Pixie Dust!
 
TammyNC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 2,793

I will start by saying a big sorry for not being on the boards yesterday. The computer was doing so well for almost a week and it had a hiccup yesterday. I worked on it for almost two hours before I got it back up and running. I then had to call Dell about the laptop battery and of course was told the warranty had expired and I would need to purchase a new one...needless to say, by the time all of that was finished I was ready for some non-computer time.

So here we go...I have tried to pick up everything and hope I haven't missed anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Just a quick check in, because I know I do much better when I check in. My weekend started with trip to the er with my mom on friday night, so I didn't get much sleep and went back up yesterday. She was admitted and is having a procedure today to drain the fluid around her lung, and tomorrow another procedure to hopefully prevent it from building up again. I feel so helpless. I did think of you here yesterday because friday i had posted that I was going to get up both days this weekend and to a wapt video, but I didn't get to it yesterday, so today I just did a one hour video to make up for yesterday. It does help relieve some stress, but some mornings I just can't get motivated. Considering all, my eating wasn't too bad yesterday, and starting out today with a healthy bkfst.
So sorry to hear about your mom...saying prayers for you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Corinnak - love your last post about how you will stay on track during family visit. Do you have favorite blogs or sites for your healthy "brainwashing?"

QOTD - What is one thing that you can change this week to help you towards a loss on WI day?
Well, this week is going to be a challenge. I found out on Friday at work that I am going out of town AGAIN for this week. My goal is to fit in exercise and limit portions since I'll be eating out every meal. I was out of town for the week preceding 2 weigh-ins ago and gained 0.5 pounds. If I can maintain I'll be okay, and if I can even lose 0.2 pounds I'll be happy. Of course more would be great, but I'm trying to be a realist so that I'm not super disappointed at the next WI.
Traveling can be tough but it sounds like you have a good plan in place for this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyores Butterfly View Post
QOTD: I can actually count points, although I have a feeling I will be down this week just because of everything going on.

We started moving little things in today and I go back on Wednesday for a few days to meet delivery people and get things clean. The previous occupants did a really good job with the vacuuming and thank God we didn't have a bunch of trash or other nonsense left behind, but the sinks and bathtubs are looking icky, particularly the kitchen sink. We also discovered today that they took the fridge, which in the contract was supposed to stay! On Tuesday I have to have a fun colonoscopy and endoscopy so tomorrow no food.

Okay, confession time here: I'm kind of excited for weigh in, because I'm pretty sure that the colonoscopy prep alone will result in weight loss (not to mention eating restrictions today and all the moving around!) It's the one bright spot in this whole big mess! Is that cheating?
A loss is a loss in my opinion, no matter how you get there, granted that wouldn't be the option that I would chose each week but you have no choice for this week so take it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
No it is not cheating.

Good Monday morning. ONly 2 1/2 more days of school. Today is normal but tomorrow is a marathon. We have to be in at regular time but graduation is not until 4:30 and who knows how long this new principal is going to speak. Our old one was known for nice meaningful but SHORT speechs. It will be over a 12 hour day for me tomorrow.

Lots to do before Friday. I still haven't cleaned the house. I really have to get some clothes together for the next two weeks so I can get dressed easily but I don't know what is going to fit over the bandage. I also have to get some more yarn and some books to read and set up some more embroidery. I did clean my needlework basket out so that there are somethings I can work on and it is right next to the lamp that I like to use. See I am thinking of the important things.

I guess I am nervous about this entire thing even though I know it is simple procedure. My stomach is throwing off too much acid and I am miserable.(my doctor gave me a prescription for this that I will get filled today) Then to top it off I am not sleeping well. The last two nights I have been up every hour on the hour.

Kathy I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I can't imagine what you are going through. You and your mom are in my prayers.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Eeyores Butterfly I have had a colonsoscopy and an endoscopy at the same time. The prep is the worst part of the entire thing. You will do fine. Just have some reading material for the bathroom tonight. This is going to sound strange but if you don't have air conditioning then bring in a portable fan. I got very hot and sweaty during the prep. The procedure is a breeze. You will do great. I hope they can figure out what is causing you all the problems you have been having. Let us know how it goes. Good Luck
Will be sending prayers your way for your surgery on Friday. It is always tough getting prepared for something like that knowing that you are going to be out of commission for a little while. Sounds like you have some fun projects to work on while you are resting and recovering!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! Just a quick jump on here to see how everyone is doing. I hope everyone had a nice Father's Day. DH was super surprised about the tv we bought him.

I did reasonably well eating at the rehearsal dinner and the wedding over the weekend. I did indulge in a margarita at the wedding and I drank my toasting champagne (as well as the champagne that they poured for my 13 y/o DD!!), I so kind of broke my "no alcohol plege" to myself, but I resisted the appletini the DSIL offered to buy me Friday night and I stuck with seltzer with lemon other than that one margarita!

Friday night's salmon dinner was nice. I had half of the portion (about 4 oz) and I did eat the rice salad because there was no other side. But it was brown rice. And the salad appetizer was really nice. I ate all of mine and finished DD's. I had about 3 large bites of the mud pie dessert and then pushed it away (it was a HUGE portion). I finished my night with herbal tea.

Saturday morning's breakfast buffet was tough, but I ordered scrambled Egg Beaters and only ate about 1/3 of the portion they brought. I did indulge in about a heaping tablespoon of hash (it was yummy) and half of a small oatmeal muffin.

Lunch was some pre-dressed salads from Panera Bread (buffet at the bride's house). Not sure how to count it, but it was yummy! I also had seltzer and a half of a cookie.

At the reception I ate one appetizer (a mini crab cake) and the previously mentioned margarita. I ate the salad, half of the HUGE chicken breast I was served (after I removed the skin and gravy) and skipped the stuffing and cranberry sauce. I drank seltzer for the remainder of the night. I skipped the wedding cake, but I did eat a mini cheesecake bite that was delicious. I avoided the munchies at our midnight stop at McD on the 3 hour ride home and stuck with seltzer.

Yesterday was fairly easy eating.....OOOPS... gotta run. BBlater............P

I'm back for just a minute. Anyhow... Aunt Flo arrived in the house yesterday, so that probably accounts for most of the gain I had Friday. Hopefully next Friday will show a loss. Yesterday I was able to stay on plan all day (I skipped the chocolate briocche DD made for DH yesterday for breakfast.... but it looked so good!) I plan to keep up with my exercise and hopefully increase it to at least 60 minute three days this week. I did get in a 90 minute workout Saturday morning at the hotel (65 min on the treadmill and 25 minutes of free weights), but I skipped yesterday and only got in 30 minutes this morning.

Thanks for bearing with me this long!......................P
Sounds to me like you did well with your weekend...it could have been no portion control and then you would have felt miserable afterwards. Keep up the great work this week with your exercise and get plenty of water in and I bet you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
mornin' everyone -- where do these summer days go by? dona- you are just finishing up the school year?

kathy -- my prayers with you and your mom
dona -- prayers for you too

i didn't w/i this week, just couldn't bring myself to do so --

tammy -- i'm holding you too that 3 of 30 this week!

i'll admit my boards time has been spent lately reading on the resorts/restaurant/parks board for our upcoming trip. also playing bejeweld blitz on FB which is entirely toooo addicting!

pjlla -- wow! you are amazing with your ability to stick to a plan in a tempting environment!
No formal exercise yesterday but we did work up in the garden after dh got home. We need to stake up the tomatoes, pick some squash and tend to some grass. By the time we were finished the sweat was rolling. All of the bending and squatting is being felt this morning

I hear ya on bejeweld too, need to start setting a timer at the computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnjenn0828 View Post
Hi everybody!!

I haven't been able to get on the computer very much this past week. So much for things slowing down when school got out. Now instead we are out in the yard working and starting to plan for our house that we are going to build next year. Which actually is a lot of fun. I am really excited. We are contracting it ourselves and doing some of the work!!

I am going to try to do better about checking the boards because I have noticed how much motivation is available here. It is much easire to stay OP!
I am going to try to go back and catch up.

I am finally able to run on my ankle so I am getting back into the exercise routine slowly. We restarted the C25K and boy is that 60 seconds of running easier this time around than last time

Today we are off to Alabama Adventures - it is a small amusement park and waterpark near Birmingham. This is the first time this summer I have had to put on a bathing suit. Hopefully by October when we go to Disney I will need a new one!! I have had this one for about 6 years now!!

Hope everyone has a great week
How exciting to be planning your house for next year, what a great past time that would be. I hear ya on the slowing down, we haven't seen it here yet either and I sure am waiting on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Good morning! I should have answered Friday's QOTD and planned better. I did some things right and some things wrong and some things were completely out of my control.

Good:
* I ate lunch at home on Saturday instead of going out. I had a nice salad with tofu and left over grilled chicken.
* My DD had a pizza pool party on Saturday night. I knew that I would NOT be able to stop with only 2 pieces of pizza even if it was Domino's (yuck) so I stopped at Culver's instead and got a grilled chicken sandwich and ate 1/2 of the bag of fries.
* I went to a pot luck on Sunday and split the hugemongous serving of (OMG so GOOD!) strawberry ice cream dessert on graham cracker crust with my friend. I tried to make good choices with low fat protein (like garbanzo bean salad) and lots of veggies.
* On Sunday night my DH wanted Italian sausage for Father's Day, so I selected turkey sausage and made him onions, peppers and sausage and served it over fresh whole wheat pasta.

Bad:
* I had wine or beer with every dinner this weekend.
* I had some sloppy joe without the bun at the pot luck.
* I didn't really think ahead for the Culver's trip and chose something I *thought* would be "good". It wasn't.

Out of my control
* Exactly how many calories were in the pot luck items.
* I ased for a grilled chicken sandwich at Culver's and then asked what came on it. I was told lettuce and tomato. I asked for some light ranch so I wouldn't eat a dry sandwich. In reality, they gave me a FRIED chicken sandwich and it had MAYO on it. It turned out that the fried chicken was only 1 point more than the grilled chicken . I still wasted points on the mayo but I didn't use the dressing.
There are always going to be those out of your control things that come along...what we do with them is where the difference comes in. You could have easily added the ranch but chose not to so that is a positive. Try focusing on the good things and analyze the not so good so that it will help you next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMtnFan View Post
Hi gang It has been a Busy Busy weekend . I spent fathers day with my Dad. We went to his Church yesterday, then We had dinner and watched Golf all afternoon. Last week I was off on Vacation spending time with my girlfriend. We went to the on Baseball Game last tuesday to see the Columbus (Ohio) Clippers play the Rochester Red Wings. The Clippers won 10-3Before the game My Girlfriend and I ate at A place in the Stadium called City Barbeque, It was Buck-ABone Night at the Game. We ate 8 rib bones a piece with Baked beans and Potato Salad and washed it down with Pepsi. I had to walk it off the next day because I fely guilty eating too much at the Game but overall I manage to keep up My walking regiment by walking 3 days last week at a local park. Well its back to work today . Have a great Monday
WTG on your walking, sounds like you had a great weekend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
Jessi - its not cheating, its finding the silver lining! Can you contact the realtor to complain about them taking the fridge? They should either bring it back or give you some money.

Dona - what kind of needlework do you do? Have you had this kind of surgery before?

It sounds like lots of people have been having busy. I entered in all my food for the weekend, and I've used up all my weekly points, and my activity points, and still in the negative. So that's good motivation to get some more exercising done this week. I might have over-estimated food on Saturday, but its better for me to guess too many points. I looked at my trend and I haven't really lost anything in the last month, just gaining and losing the same couple pounds. This week, I want to kick my own butt into gear and get back to the losing trend. I'm down 20lbs since January, but this is not where I want to be. It does feel good to be wearing jeans I bought 2 years ago, and then couldn't fit into but, I want them to end up being too big. I think my problem, is that I reached the point that the clothes in my drawers which I hadn't been wearing for a couple years, all started fitting again, and some things were getting badly too big, so I got too comfortable about where I'm at now, and quit concentrating on the end goal. Sorry for the long ramble, putting my thoughts down, helps me get motivated!

Results will be posted tonight, but I'm on west coast, so the eastern folks, probably won't see them until tomorrow.
Your statement about getting comfortable hit home for me this morning...I think that is where I am at right at the moment. I hadn't really thought about why I was in a stall other than not really exercising but I think you hit on something for me. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
Just thought I'd post a last chance for those who haven't sent in last week's weigh-in. If you can get it to me today, you'll still be in the results posting. If you get it in after, its fine too, you just won't get your name in the Top Losers Post.

I know some people have been travelling, and just plain busy with other issues, so please just consider this a friendly reminder for those who have just plain forgot to PM it.

Missing in action are:
CruiseBoundnKY
estherhead
luvthemouse71
mefordis
MelanieC
mikamah
My2E's
njcarita
pjilla
Sneezie
TammyNC
So sorry weight keeper...the coach didn't get her WI to you on time. It wouldn't have changed anything since I maintained this week but I will do better this week. I did just send it to you though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Thank you all so much for the support and prayers for my mom and our family. I am trying to take the advice to heart and take care of myself too. My mom's not doing too well. She didn't get that much relief from when they drained the fluid on sunday, and she's so weak. We will meet with the surgeon in the morning, and he may be able to put a catheter in the lung to drain the fluid as the cancer makes it, and that will be the most helpful. She is really amazing me how brave and strong she is. We talked today about hospice, and as soon as she is ready we will bring her home with hospice. My sister's also a nurse and she lives with her, I figure we can bring an air mattress and camp out there too, and she can be with her family. It's still so unbelieveable, but we all seem to be in agreement and she just wants to be home.
So, on the taking care of myself part, I got up again today and did a watp tape, and spent the day at the hospital. I also took the week off, and will readdress at the end of the week and take more time as needed. I am lucky to have a lot of sick time built up, and can use the fmla policy as I need to, up to 12 weeks off in a year. Eating wise, skipped lunch today and had snackwells cookies, not good but low points, but tonight I will eat a good dinner, I promise.

It sounds like everyone is doing great this week. Keep up the great work!!
Really sorry to hear what you all are going through but looking on the positive side as you said, you've got the time to take off to be with your mom and help as necessary. Will continue praying for her and your family, looking after a sick parent is so difficult and will wear you down. It is hard to do but remember to take care of yourself as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
(thanks to Dare2Dream! She is the inspiration for the post!)

Here we celebrate our progress and recognize our superstars for Week 5 of our BL Summer Challenge!

Reminders:
-after 3 weeks of no reporting, you are dropped from the challenged – (can re-start at any time, though )
-if anybody knows they will miss weighing in, just PM and let me know ahead of time
-I don't follow the BL TV version of handling gains. All losses are the simple formula of: (last week - this week) divided by last week


First some stats

not reporting in for 3 weeks ---- for the 3rd week in a row, its 3 people gone (they are dropped from the stats, but welcome back at anytime!)
not reporting in for 2 weeks ----2
not reporting in for 1 week -----5
Excused-----------------------2
new recruits this week----------1
weigh ins this week-------------25
gains---------------------------7
maintains-----------------------3
losses-------------------------15


Summer Between BL Challenge Week 1
weekly total group loss for week #5 = 26.4 pounds
Total group loss for the challenge so far = 143.1 pounds!
Average percentage of weight lost this week 0.59%


Before the weekly superstar list comes the disclaimer. I am human and I make mistakes. If you have any questions please contact me.

Now let's get to the good stuff. Who were our superstars of week 5? I was going to change things up this week and report anybody who lost 1% or more, and it turns out that's 10 people, so once again I'll list the Top 10 Losers!
(That criteria may change from week to week. Hey I'm in charge here and I get paid nothin' to do this so you better take what you can get!)

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge Week 5 Superstars!!

#10-1.12%- Corrinak
#9- 1.13% - robinb
#8-1.16% - PrincessBride6205
#7-1.23% - sdchickie
#6-1.35% - 50sjayne
#5-1.38% - Worfiedoodles
#4-1.43% - Julianna07
#3-2.06% - SpaceMtnFan
#2-2.52% - bobnjenn0828

and now

The WISH Biggest Loser Summer Challenge
Week 5 Biggest Loser!!


#1-3.02%-uptown girl44


How is your week going? Are you OP (on program)? Are you exercising? Drinking that water? You know what to do to make the magic happen. Get on the wagon. We are all here to help you on the journey. We can do this one day at a time. One bite at a time.

Have a healthy day!

Congratulations uptown girl44!!! Keep up the good work. We have a very special clippie reserved for our weekly Biggest Loser.

This is our weekly reigning Biggest Loser clippie. We have the large version



or use this
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsmall1.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

or we have a medium version



or use this
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLmed.jpg
followed by [/IMG]

and we have a small version

[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg[IMG]

or use
[IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyBLsm.jpg
followed by [IMG]

Thanks to ohMom-Molli for these clippies. They were used for a previous BL but we can recycle. Don't they look great!
WTG all you superstars this week, you did awesome!!
__________________
Tammy
TammyNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #765
SpaceMtnFan
My Misson if I choose to accept it... ( and I will ) is to ride Space Mountain forever
 
SpaceMtnFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delaware County Ohio
Posts: 828

Quote:
I will start by saying a big sorry for not being on the boards yesterday. The computer was doing so well for almost a week and it had a hiccup yesterday. I worked on it for almost two hours before I got it back up and running. I then had to call Dell about the laptop battery and of course was told the warranty had expired and I would need to purchase a new one...needless to say, by the time all of that was finished I was ready for some non-computer time.
Tammy NC I feel you pain I had two PC's die on me 1 year apart soo don't feel bad. Hopefuly I will have a Laptop very soon . Hang in there
__________________
SpaceMtnFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
August 1st 2009 - Eastern 8/1/2009 The Eastern Caribbean Castaways MrsJobba1 Disney Cruise Meets 921 09-28-2009 06:50 PM
OFFICIAL JULY 2009 THREAD!!! The wait is on!!! themudd4 Doing the Happy Dance! 3756 07-06-2009 06:43 PM
"Mommy, When Will It Be Our Turn?!"--May 16-23, 2009 PTR ladybugmom Completed Trip Reports 645 06-22-2009 03:53 PM
All New Picture of the Day Thread - Jan 21, 2009 Disney8704 Theme Parks Community 3866 06-21-2009 06:15 PM
Incentives for 2009 vs. Past Incentives helloconnie Purchasing DVC 28 05-17-2009 08:34 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.