Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #106
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Florida Air...Is There a Sweeter Smell?

Which makes me wonder.

Do Floridians come to New England, take a deep breath and say, "Ahh...New England air."

My guess is no, but you never know.

That would be however, exactly what I said to Tink as we stepped off the plane.

"Florida air." Cue deep inhalation of breath. Cue big ole sigh.

I was there, people. But not quite there. We still had to make it to our luggage and to Mr. Transportation. Never fear, all went completely smooth on that front. I will say, during the trip, I would definitely think of my husband and son, but not in a way that made me sad. This whole trip was so new to me, and being in Florida with anyone other than immediate family (although Tink is pretty much family, only lacking in the blood relation), was also new. So walking through the airport and getting on the first "monorail" to head over to baggage claim felt familiar, and yet completely different.

And I when I say completely different, I mean...

IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I think we all know how much I love my family. And part of me feels this little snag of guilt when I'm writing about this trip, because you know what? I had a good time, and I had a good time without them. With my girl Tink. And that's not to say I don't love them, and that I didn't think of them fondly during the trip, but I hope you won't call me a bad mother if I say, I didn't wish they were there. Granted, it was only four days, and really, we're all going together in September as a big family, so it didn't leave me with that kind of guilt. It only left me with the...should I be feeling worse about liking this independence?

I think all you moms will know what I mean. This was my first trip without my husband in many moons, and my first trip without my son, ever. And while I enjoyed it...oh, heck, I loved it, I did feel a little guilt every know and then.

Most of the time, however, I was having too much fun to notice.

And now, as we return from that sidebar, we're meeting up with Mr. Transportation, and we're off. Off to our hotel.

Which I haven't revealed yet, huh?

And I won't. You can wait and eensy, teensy bit longer. Mwa-ha-ha.

Okay, I'm not that mean.

Eventually, we arrived. Pulled in to check with security, and we were checking in. Three guesses as to the CM's name.

Go ahead.

You don't even need three, do you?

It was JACK!!!! Unfortunately, not this one...

Perhaps, however, that is fortunate, because who knows what kind of pirates could be lurking about if he were the security guard. How easily he could be persuaded with a bit of rum.

I digress. It was a sign, people.

A sign that we were destined to stay at this resort together. Tink's second time, my first.

Does this picture ring any bells?

That's right, friends! Caribbean Beach Resort all the way!!!!!!!!

I was excited. Mega, mega, mega excited. I'd never stayed there before, and I immediately fell in love. It's so pretty, and I'm so glad to be here, with Tink, in this moment.

This moment of pure happiness, this moment of anticipation, this moment when your whole trip lays before you like a story waiting to be written.

This moment.

It's truly unfortunate that you can't see how big my smile is here.

I really think the thought bubble does it justice, though.

The check in line was pretty long, but CMs were managing it efficiently and it moved quite quickly. While we were standing in line, we heard so many "Welcome to the islands," and when a CM saw our leis, she said, "Aloha." To which we both replied with a big, hearty ALOHA!!! We were just a wee bit excited.

Jennifer from Korea was our check-in CM. She was very, very nice. We explained that Tink had been there before, and I hadn't, so she gave me the low down on the resort. We were so excited to be placed in Jamaica! Tink and I had debated requesting that village, so we were really excited to receive it anyway. Between the security guard named Jack and getting the village we wanted without asking, surely this trip was already blessed with some pixie dust.

Now Jennifer asked if we were celebrating our birthdays this trip and we said yes. Actually, before we left, Tink called to update her address with Disney Reservations, and the CM said, what are you celebrating? Tink said, oh, we're celebrating our birthdays, but they don't fall during the trip. He said, can you come to Disney during your birthdays? She said, well no. And he said, well then, you're celebrating them.

Thus we were aptly dubbed by that CM, "The Thirty and Flirty Celebration."

Jennifer gave us both birthday buttons and we were off. Our room wasn't ready yet, but we were given a number to call. We checked our luggage with bell services, said our goodbyes to Mr. Transportation, and headed off to Old Port Royale.

Up next...what wonderful libations await us?
Old 06-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #107
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Ah... that New England air. Not!

You deserve your special mom rejuvenation time! So glad you enjoyed it!

Caribbean Beach Resort! Tell me more. Totally seems fated from your leis, Jack, and receiving the village you wanted!

on thirty and flirty. Wonder if they'll just let me celebrate being flirty. I'm already thirty-ahem-something.

Libations ahead? Don't keep us waiting too long!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #108
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Ah... that New England air. Not!

Quote:
You deserve your special mom rejuvenation time! So glad you enjoyed it!
Thanks.

Quote:
Libations ahead? Don't keep us waiting too long!!
Don't worry, hon. I plan to continue that update today.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #109
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
"I love cars. They smell like muscle."

OMG! That is too funny, hon. I have to remember to tell my husband.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #110
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Since I'm further north than you, would the Floridians just see their icy breath if they came here?

Yay CBR

On our super-secret-don't-tell-DS-we've-gone-without-him trip, that's where we stayed! I really liked it there!
Old 06-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #111
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Since I'm further north than you, would the Floridians just see their icy breath if they came here?

Yay CBR

On our super-secret-don't-tell-DS-we've-gone-without-him trip, that's where we stayed! I really liked it there!
Oh my. You are farther north then I am. I would venture even to say that my winters may seem...almost warm compared to yours.

Glad you liked CBR. And I see you've taken a little secret trip of your own. Tricky, tricky.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #112
PaMom001
Used to be good at dodging
You have piqued my interest and I'm heading over

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I think all you moms will know what I mean. This was my first trip without my husband in many moons, and my first trip without my son, ever. And while I enjoyed it...oh, heck, I loved it, I did feel a little guilt every know and then.

I know this feeling very well. I wonder if I will ever be able to take a "trip" by myself before DD turns 18.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:45 PM   #113
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post

It's truly unfortunate that you can't see how big my smile is here.
You mean this smile???

Old 06-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #114
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMom001 View Post
I know this feeling very well. I wonder if I will ever be able to take a "trip" by myself before DD turns 18.
You know what? I'm really, really glad I did it. This whole trip was a big old happy birthday to me. I was lucky to have a wonderful friend to share it with, and now I'm even entertaining the notion of going solo at some point.

Which I never thought I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
You mean this smile???

HA! You so beat Tink to the punch. I know she wanted to do something like that with all my pictures, and so I left it all black. Fill in the blank TK face. Maybe we should have a little contest.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #115
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

From one mom to another, TK, don't ever feel guilty for enjoying yourself without your family!

This trip report keeps getting better and better -- Caribbean Beach Resort!!! You know that is so on our list of possibilities for the next trip, so I can't wait to hear all about it.

Oh, goody! DRINKS!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #116
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I love that you and Tink have matching colors on for your trip. Very cute!

I'm so glad to hear that you liked CBR. I've always been a bit nervous to try it because of the size.

It's sounding wonderful so far.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-21-2009, 05:50 AM   #117
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
From one mom to another, TK, don't ever feel guilty for enjoying yourself without your family!
Thank you!

Quote:
This trip report keeps getting better and better -- Caribbean Beach Resort!!! You know that is so on our list of possibilities for the next trip, so I can't wait to hear all about it.
I loved it!

Quote:
Oh, goody! DRINKS!
I just want to say right here, right now, that what we had, I seriously need to learn how to make at home.

NOM, NOM, YUM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I love that you and Tink have matching colors on for your trip. Very cute!
So not planned. Just part of the weird symbiot brain we share.

Quote:
I'm so glad to hear that you liked CBR. I've always been a bit nervous to try it because of the size.
I definitely have some thoughts on this, but I'll save them for later in the report.

Quote:
It's sounding wonderful so far.
It is. Was. Still is. Hey, the smilies changed again. I feel compelled to use this one.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #118
PaMom001
Used to be good at dodging
You have piqued my interest and I'm heading over

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
You mean this smile???

Old 06-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #119
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

So far, the magic has definitely been with you two! Can't wait to hear how it continued (it did, right?)

TK, I can so relate to the "I am having so much fun without the family, and feeling so....well....free! But I'm feeling a lil guilty, too." It's all good though. And trust me, the more you do it? The easier it gets! I just look at it this way: Your time away gives you a much needed break and makes you all the better for them when you get back. So you are doing it FOR them!!!

Can't wait to hear more. Oh, and Tink, so happy that Dory is feeling better! Hope you can say the same about Lola

Last edited by AshClan; 06-21-2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: I bet the idea of that "FL air" is even more appealing after the weather we've been having lately....
Old 06-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #120
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshClan View Post
So far, the magic has definitely been with you two! Can't wait to hear how it continued (it did, right?)
In spades!

Quote:
TK, I can so relate to the "I am having so much fun without the family, and feeling so....well....free! But I'm feeling a lil guilty, too." It's all good though. And trust me, the more you do it? The easier it gets! I just look at it this way: Your time away gives you a much needed break and makes you all the better for them when you get back. So you are doing it FOR them!!!
Thanks! Honestly, it was amazing how great it felt, and how cleansing to the soul. I'm now a firm believer that time away can make us better parents. Everyone needs some down time.

Last edited by TarzansKat; 06-21-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: New England Weather. Hmph. Need I say more? ; )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: