Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Choose a place for the meet & greet
Goofy Pool 3pm first day. 1 14.29%
Promenade Lounge 3pm first day. 5 71.43%
I like one of these locations but prefer to discuss a different time. 1 14.29%
I can't make any meet & greets. 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #151
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angtomczak View Post
UPS just delivered my FE gifts!!!!

I got shipping confirmation today about my actual FE! Can't wait to see it.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #152
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

I talked to some of my group and they want to try the meet and greet. I voted Promenade lounge. Last time, when we did Studio Sea, someone got permission for us to be inside. They even had Disney set up water and lemonade for us! But that group was much bigger than this time. The Promenade would work great for our size.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14
Mean Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #153
jillebean
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Hi and welcome! My DS is also 5. Will yours be doing any kids clubs? We are still not sure if we will put him in there or not. We will definitely go play during "open house" to see what it's all about, though!
Yes, we plan on using the clubs on and off. The ds and dd can't wait. I'll check into the birthday options when we get on board. When is the open house in the kids club? We voted for the goofy pool because of the kids, but will try to go wherever is best for all.
jillebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:05 PM   #154
JackNMel
Mouseketeer

Hey guys,
Melody here... friend of Mean Queen Shay, finally trying to post again after my first and second times failed. Hope this one works! I am looking forward to my first Disney cruise and meeting up with all of you. It is late, and hubby is trying to sleep next to me, so I will make this short. I just know that four nights will not be enough for me, they will have to drag me off the boat!! I have been working on my pirate costume all day, I am trying to put something together with ebay purchases and stuff I already have. I am getting so excited!! Still working on FE gifts, I am trying to be crafty, hope everyone likes them! Talk to you later,

Mel
JackNMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:07 PM   #155
JackNMel
Mouseketeer

Yeah, it worked!! I am so happy!Goodnight!!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #156
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNMel View Post
Hey guys,
Melody here... friend of Mean Queen Shay, finally trying to post again after my first and second times failed. Hope this one works! I am looking forward to my first Disney cruise and meeting up with all of you. It is late, and hubby is trying to sleep next to me, so I will make this short. I just know that four nights will not be enough for me, they will have to drag me off the boat!! I have been working on my pirate costume all day, I am trying to put something together with ebay purchases and stuff I already have. I am getting so excited!! Still working on FE gifts, I am trying to be crafty, hope everyone likes them! Talk to you later,

Mel
Hi there and Glad to "meet" you. I know what you mean about 4 nights probably not being long enough. As for the costume i'm sort of piecing one together myself. I have a pirate costume that is an all-in-one and has a skirt. The skirt is shorter than what I'd want to wear so I cut it off and will wear black capri pants with the top instead. The top is a white pirate shirt with vest over it but it's all sewed together.

Quote:
Yeah, it worked!! I am so happy!Goodnight!!
See you in less than 2 weeks!!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #157
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
I talked to some of my group and they want to try the meet and greet. I voted Promenade lounge. Last time, when we did Studio Sea, someone got permission for us to be inside. They even had Disney set up water and lemonade for us! But that group was much bigger than this time. The Promenade would work great for our size.
I keep reading that the Promenade lounge is a better meeting place so it got my vote too. 1 week 3 days!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillebean View Post
Yes, we plan on using the clubs on and off. The ds and dd can't wait. I'll check into the birthday options when we get on board. When is the open house in the kids club? We voted for the goofy pool because of the kids, but will try to go wherever is best for all.
I think the open house is on the first day/evening. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. This is my first cruise. I'm just going off of things I've been reading around the DIS.

I thought the goofy pool was a good idea at first but keep reading otherwise. So I'm voting for the promenade lounge. I don't think our meet will take up a lot of time. It' just nice to put faces to names.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #158
Mean Queen
A whole zoo!

We'll probably be near the Promenade anyway. That's where the guys can buy the beer package. Our 1st cruise was a 3 night. Too short. The 2nd was 4 nights. Better, but still too short. The 3rd was a week. Great, but now I'm thinking the 2 week Repo cruise may be best.

Hi Mel!

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14
Old 06-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #159
JackNMel
Mouseketeer

Hey there everyone,
I am starting to have mini-panics about forgetting something important when packing!! So, a question for everyone, what is something that you pack that you cannot do without? I don't mean clothes or deoderant (although very essential), but something unique that you have found to be very useful on a trip, or a cruise if it applies. I have read that some people bring the over the door shoe holders for keeping their toiletries and things organized, I think that is a brilliant idea! So give me all your great ideas so I will feel more prepared- Thank you!!

Hi Shay!
Old 06-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #160
Mean Queen
A whole zoo!

We forgot it last time, but it's something I don't want to forget again. A laundry bag to hold our dirty clothes. This way we don't have to worry about remembering which suitcase is the dirty clothes suitcase. If it's in the bag, it's dirty. Also, I know I told you before, bring an extension cord or three plug if you have lots to plug in. The electric outlets are limited in the room.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:57 AM   #161
angtomczak
Earning My Ears

My Packing List

Most of this is THANKS to the info I gathered on the boards and did not think of on my own:

Advil
Sunscreen: adults, children, face
charged batteries
DVD's (video camera)
Memory cards (camera's)
Passports and Id's
Photocopies of passports and id's
$1 bills
air freshener
Blank CD's
Small fan or noise maker
Zip ties
Zip lock bags
A & D ointment (for chaffing)
snorkel mask
night light
trash bags (dirty clothes)
dry erase board (i.e. "Baby Sleeping!!!" or note to hubby)
Completed embarkation forms (ESPECIALLY the signed page)
Business cards
white t-shirt and sharpies
Daughters gift bag
Daughters princess dress
FE Gifts
WINE BOTTLE OPENER
WINE
shout packets
Nalgene water bottle

I also keep a small notebook for notes (from which I'm writing this list) and holding my other papers.

Am I missing anything???
angtomczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #162
JackNMel
Mouseketeer

Wow, you are very thorough!! I will definitely borrow some of your ideas for my packing! I finished my pirate costume last night, it is cute for a "home made" outfit. I am almost finished with all my FE gifts, our passports are in transit, we should recieve them next week, and I want to start packing, but don't really have the space to do it!! I can't believe it is so close. There is a dance recital tomorrow night (dress rehearsal tonight) for DD and myself, and then I can breath and get down to business. Have a great weekend everyone!

Mel
Old 06-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #163
angtomczak
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Wow, you are very thorough!!
haha, my husband has another name for me...
angtomczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #164
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angtomczak View Post
haha, my husband has another name for me...
I know the feeling.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #165
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

9 more days!!!!

So, who's going to watch the Wonder leave port this Sunday? I watched it online last Sunday. It was really neat to see it pulling out and knowing we will be on there soon. I was even able to spot our stateroom. DS was waving at everyone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: