Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #91
maroo
DIS Veteran
 
maroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 8,042

Welcome back, Tink!

Sorry about your car!

I hope your furry friend is ok. Is it a dog or a cat? Or some other animal? I love my little puppy!! I hope your furry friend is ok!


I love all of your comments. The comment about the tractor cracked me up. It didn't occur to me that someone might actually be confused by that. I guess that is what I get for being from MS! When she said tractor, I defintely pictured the big huge wheels and going very, very slow.

Chocolate and TK...

Awesome...Glad you are back and can't wait for more!!
maroo is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #92
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off
 
pooh'smate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,914

Tink I hope your kitty is ok.

I too thought farm tractor. We get stuck behind them too in my neck of the woods. My dd thinks it is great when we get stuck behind them. She loves to look at them.
__________________
DH- ME- DD-

pooh'smate is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #93
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran
 
If U Had Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Ok, business first. I'm going to do some replies here and respond to what TK wrote with some of my own observations. Then I'm going to let TK have at it for the next chapter and I'll take the one after that. Unfortunately, Life has made a huge appearance over the past two weeks. Last week I had MAJOR car issues (read: EXPENSIVE) with Lola. This past weekend it was Engagement Party Madness for my brother and sister-in-law-to-be and right now I'm dealing with some unexpected medical issues with one of my furry babies. I'm literally sick with worry. I'm hoping to get to the vet with her today. Hoping nothing is terribly wrong.
So sorry about all the stress! Car's are just a pain in the rear end, you can never win with them.

Hope your baby is going to be okay! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.
__________________
"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start" - John "the Penguin" Bingham

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #94
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different
 
Tinkerbellarella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1,298.1 mi too far from the Mouse
Posts: 3,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Sorry about your car!
I detest cars at this point. Let's go back to when we all used to ride around on horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
I love all of your comments.
Thanks. I really wanted to write a full-on chapter but unfortunately I don't really have the time to commit to properly write it today. But, as long as things are ok at the vet's, things will hopefully begin to quiet down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
The comment about the tractor cracked me up. It didn't occur to me that someone might actually be confused by that. I guess that is what I get for being from MS! When she said tractor, I defintely pictured the big huge wheels and going very, very slow.
TK's area is more rural than mine is (though not by too much) and I was telling the story to someone else and they didn't understand why the 'tractor' was going so slow. Then I realized they thought I meant 'tractor trailer' and not 'cuttin' and balin' hay kind of tractor'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
I hope your furry friend is ok. Is it a dog or a cat? Or some other animal? I love my little puppy!! I hope your furry friend is ok!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Tink I hope your kitty is ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Hope your baby is going to be okay! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.
I have two little kittehs - Isabel and Dory. They're sisters. Dory has been sick (vomiting, etc.) on and off since Friday. It's definitely worsened in the past 24 hours. Kittehs dehydrate very easily (which can be fatal). The BF is going to bring her to the vet at 4:30 (God bless him - I've been reminded so many times in the past couple of weeks how lucky I am to have him).

I don't have kids so the girls are like my babies. I was so distraught this morning about the whole thing that I backed into my neighbor's car in the driveway. I then proceeded to have a meltdown. BF saw it happening and raced over to calm me down enough so that I could drive to the train station. Thankfully there was no damage to my neighbor's car and I have a little crack in my bumper I could care less about (in the grand scheme of things).

Needless to say it's been a really stressful day. I'm just praying for good news.
__________________
Nikki: BF: Izabel & Dory:

Tinkerbellarella is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #95
maroo
DIS Veteran
 
maroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MS
Posts: 8,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
I have two little kittehs - Isabel and Dory. They're sisters. Dory has been sick (vomiting, etc.) on and off since Friday. It's definitely worsened in the past 24 hours. Kittehs dehydrate very easily (which can be fatal). The BF is going to bring her to the vet at 4:30 (God bless him - I've been reminded so many times in the past couple of weeks how lucky I am to have him).

I don't have kids so the girls are like my babies. I was so distraught this morning about the whole thing that I backed into my neighbor's car in the driveway. I then proceeded to have a meltdown. BF saw it happening and raced over to calm me down enough so that I could drive to the train station. Thankfully there was no damage to my neighbor's car and I have a little crack in my bumper I could care less about (in the grand scheme of things).

Needless to say it's been a really stressful day. I'm just praying for good news.

Aww!! I have a yorkie, Muffin. And I have no kids either...so she is like my child. I can't ever get my friends with kids to understand that. I totally get your sweet kitty is like your child. I hope she is ok!

Oh no! You backed into a car. Oh no! You poor thing! I have so done that!

Gosh...please keep us posted...
maroo is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #96
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off
 
pooh'smate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,914

Poor Tink, here are some of your favorite..... skittle hugs. Sending prayers up for you and your Dory. Glad to hear that you didn't do any harm to yourself or the neighbor's car. Keep us updated on Dory.
__________________
DH- ME- DD-

pooh'smate is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #97
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Oh, Tink! Big hugs for you and your fur baby!

Your card shark comment!
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #98
Pollito916
Some day my Prince will come and I'll live in the castle...
I do NOT have a Chicaaahgo accent!
 
Pollito916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 2,110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Fun fact for those of you flying SW and checking in online or otherwise - if you get boarding number A-16, you will likely be the first person to board the plane. In the past 4 flights I've been on, they don't distribute numbers A-1 through A-15. Not sure why. So, this time around I was A-17 and the second person on the plane. Score!
First, I hope your baby is ok. Keep us posted when you can.

As for the A1-A15 thing, those are reserved for the Business Select travelers (or whatever they're called), so if there aren't any, than A16 gets to be first. You must have mostly traveled "leisure" routes, b/c the flights I usually take have most of those slots filled.
__________________
Me , DH , DS , DD
Pollito916 is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #99
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different
 
Tinkerbellarella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1,298.1 mi too far from the Mouse
Posts: 3,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Aww!! I have a yorkie, Muffin. And I have no kids either...so she is like my child. I can't ever get my friends with kids to understand that. I totally get your sweet kitty is like your child. I hope she is ok!
Thankfully the little bobo is going to be ok. The plant we think she ate is not poisonous and her vitals were good. She was not dehydrated either. The vet gave her an injection of a Pepcid-like medicine and sent her home with instructions for no food for the night.

She seemed worse to me when I got home - hiding, shedding, not herself at all - and I was distraught. It wasn't an easy night, even knowing the vet said she'd be ok.

However, this morning she was much more herself - interested in food, looking for love, sitting in her favorite window watching the birds. She got a tablespoon of food when I first got up and then I left her with another couple of tablespoons for the day. We have to give her 10mg of Pepcid for the next four days to help neutralize the acids in her belly. There will probably still be some vomiting, etc. but she is already noticeably better. So I'M noticeably better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Oh no! You backed into a car. Oh no! You poor thing! I have so done that!
Dude. Who felt like a total dope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Poor Tink, here are some of your favorite..... skittle hugs.
Awwww. I heart Skittle hugs. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, Tink! Big hugs for you and your fur baby!
Thanks, Jackie. I don't know how you guys with "real" kids do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Your card shark comment!
Seriously. Don't let her fool you. She pulled the wool right over my eyes! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito916 View Post
As for the A1-A15 thing, those are reserved for the Business Select travelers (or whatever they're called), so if there aren't any, than A16 gets to be first. You must have mostly traveled "leisure" routes, b/c the flights I usually take have most of those slots filled.
Ahhhhh...I wondered if that had anything to do with it. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing that! And it's true, the routes I've traveled have been leisure routes.

Well guys, thanks again for the well wishes and sorry for any hold-up on the TR. I've e-mailed TK and we're devising a plan for the next couple of chapters.

Just think...soon you'll know where we stayed!!!

__________________
Nikki: BF: Izabel & Dory:

Tinkerbellarella is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #100
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue
 
LegoMom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: southwest NH
Posts: 9,645

Skittle hugs!

Here...because I want to put a smile on your face today...


__________________
LegoMom3 is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #101
Normangirls
DIS Veteran
 
Normangirls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rural NW Ohio
Posts: 783



Can I go a little off topic for just a second? I have a Public Service Announcement:

Easter Lillies are one of the most poisonous plant for pets, especially cats. We lost our little Cinderella a few years back because she ate just a tiny nibble off one leaf. It was horrible. So I try to spread the news about this every chance I get (Who knew? Everyone talks about poinsettias, but I never heard any warnings about lillies).

Sorry to hijack your TR, I just wanted to warn others. Thanks.
__________________
Normangirls is offline  
Old 06-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #102
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off
 
pooh'smate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,914

Glad to hear your precious Dory is feeling better.
__________________
DH- ME- DD-

pooh'smate is offline  
Old 06-18-2009, 04:11 PM   #103
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Ok, business first. I'm going to do some replies here and respond to what TK wrote with some of my own observations. Then I'm going to let TK have at it for the next chapter and I'll take the one after that. Unfortunately, Life has made a huge appearance over the past two weeks. Last week I had MAJOR car issues (read: EXPENSIVE) with Lola. This past weekend it was Engagement Party Madness for my brother and sister-in-law-to-be and right now I'm dealing with some unexpected medical issues with one of my furry babies. I'm literally sick with worry. I'm hoping to get to the vet with her today. Hoping nothing is terribly wrong.
Hey, I know I've talked to you since, but I just want to say again, I am so glad that your baby is doing okay. It's tough when a pet is sick, I've been through it, so I understand.

Quote:
Early for TK, perhaps. LOL I felt like I was right on time. It was what, 5 a.m.?
Yes, that is actually early in my household. We're usually 6 to 630 am people. Well, myself and DS. Not DH so much.

Quote:
You know, I'm going to stop right here and say, in defense of women worldwide, we were both up, showered, dressed, packed and ready to go out the door in 55 minutes. Women high maintenance? Pssht.
I don't know if you'll paint me in such a great light later in the report, although I would say compared to most I am fairly low maintenance. As a matter of fact, I thought I was pretty low maintenance until I saw how low maintenance you are! Then I discovered I was not.


Quote:
Honestly, I think I temporarily lost that strainer between my brain and my mouth. I just out and answered. Ha!
A common theme for the rest of the trip.


Quote:
Don't listen to her. The woman is a WAR card shark.

Card. Shark.

And no lie. The first game of WAR lasted for almost 2 hours.
Um, seriously? I hadn't played war in years. I had no idea I was this "card shark."


Quote:
I don't know. Did I win? I didn't write that down. I didn't think I did. I think you dominated all of the games we played. Until later...when I started using the power of the elements. LOL Just call me STORM.
I'm pretty sure you won war once, and were shocked when you did.


Quote:
Oh, you mean like when you had, like 100 points in the first hand and I was already negative?! LOL
Good times.


Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Chocolate and TK...
Maroo. What exactly are you saying here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I too thought farm tractor. We get stuck behind them too in my neck of the woods. My dd thinks it is great when we get stuck behind them. She loves to look at them.
If the whole world operated on a child's perspective...


Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Here...because I want to put a smile on your face today...


Dude. That makes me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normangirls View Post


Can I go a little off topic for just a second? I have a Public Service Announcement:

Easter Lillies are one of the most poisonous plant for pets, especially cats. We lost our little Cinderella a few years back because she ate just a tiny nibble off one leaf. It was horrible. So I try to spread the news about this every chance I get (Who knew? Everyone talks about poinsettias, but I never heard any warnings about lillies).

Sorry to hijack your TR, I just wanted to warn others. Thanks.
Hey, you feel free to interrupt! I honestly didn't know that, I'm glad I do. We have several pets in my family (not my house, but family), and that's good to know! Thank you, and I'm sorry for your loss.
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 06-18-2009, 04:12 PM   #104
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here
 
TarzansKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 12,728

Hey, guys. I promise a new update will be coming soon. Once we hit my work week (Wed-Sat), it's darn near impossible for me to have the time and motivation to write a proper chapter. And since I refuse to pass off a poorly executed piece of writing that would be severely lacking in my usual wit and charm, I hope you'll all bear with me, and hopefully this weekend, we'll have something new.

Something different.

And our arrival. Florida air. :::SIGH:::
TarzansKat is offline  
Old 06-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #105
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off
 
pooh'smate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,914

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
If the whole world operated on a child's perspective...
Today we got stuck behind a dumptruck who was going very slow. My dd asked me,"Do you see that red dump truck?" I said yes. She then went on to inform me (and I have to quote it since it is so cute),"When I get bigger I am going to fix up a dump truck for me with parts from WalMart so I can drive it." She loves cars, trucks well anything with motors. At church one day while walking through the parking lot she informed us that (I quote again) "I love cars. They smell like muscle."
__________________
DH- ME- DD-

pooh'smate is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This time our son is coming too! Final update at last! declansdad Completed Trip Reports 516 05-31-2010 12:58 PM
~We seldom report of having eaten too little~ w/ PICS! ~ UPDATE: New Thread Started! TinkerBelle_325 Disney Dining Reviews 428 03-02-2010 11:24 PM
Relax boys, the belly dancer does not want your singles! 9/2 final update p.87 rentayenta Completed Trip Reports 1315 09-03-2009 04:07 PM
How many more days until your trip to WDW? (Part 2) ransom Doing the Happy Dance! 3854 08-23-2009 09:03 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: