Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Choose a place for the meet & greet
Goofy Pool 3pm first day. 1 14.29%
Promenade Lounge 3pm first day. 5 71.43%
I like one of these locations but prefer to discuss a different time. 1 14.29%
I can't make any meet & greets. 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #136
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Is anyone dressing up for pirate night?? DS has a costume but DH and I were just going to sort of "wing it" with bandana's & t-shirts. But now I'm wondering if we should do costumes too.

Does anyone know which night will be dress up(semi-formal) night and which night will be pirate night?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #137
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

We usually dress up for pirate night. You won't feel out of place if you do or don't. I generally wear my own capris with my puffy pirate shirt and vest.

I looked at the most recent 4-night Navigators and dress-up night was the second night. It makes sense because you're usually too pooped to dress-up on sailaway day, 3rd night is Pirate night, and the last night you've packed all your stuff.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14
Mean Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #138
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
We usually dress up for pirate night. You won't feel out of place if you do or don't. I generally wear my own capris with my puffy pirate shirt and vest.

I looked at the most recent 4-night Navigators and dress-up night was the second night. It makes sense because you're usually too pooped to dress-up on sailaway day, 3rd night is Pirate night, and the last night you've packed all your stuff.
GREAT!!! Thanks for the info on which night is what. I like your idea about pirate night. I might do something like that too. DH has a Pirates of the Caribbean jersey that he got at WDW so he could wear that. Ok, the wheels are turning......
Old 06-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #139
angtomczak
Earning My Ears

See ya'll at the goofy pool in 1 week, 5 days, & 5.5 hours!

yay:
angtomczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #140
jillebean
Earning My Ears

Our first cruise with the kids!

Hi everyone! Looks like everyone has been getting ready for this one for a while! I'm late getting started. Just found this site today surfing around for info on this cruise. This will be our first Disney cruise. Does anyone have any tips on the "don't forget to bring list" or tips on planning our days. Our kids will both be 5 the day we set sail & our son will be 6 during the cruise. Any birthday celebration extras we should plan ahead? Thanks!!
jillebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #141
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillebean View Post
Hi everyone! Looks like everyone has been getting ready for this one for a while! I'm late getting started. Just found this site today surfing around for info on this cruise. This will be our first Disney cruise. Does anyone have any tips on the "don't forget to bring list" or tips on planning our days. Our kids will both be 5 the day we set sail & our son will be 6 during the cruise. Any birthday celebration extras we should plan ahead? Thanks!!
I guess you got in on the great Florida resident rate too? We only booked this a little bit ago.

If you have a birthday, tell you travel agent or the DCL agent what night you want to celebrate. I think you can also tell your head waiter on the ship. They bring a little cake (same type for every celebration) to the table. You can also order (as in pay for) decorations for your room.

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14
Mean Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #142
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillebean View Post
Hi and welcome! My DS is also 5. Will yours be doing any kids clubs? We are still not sure if we will put him in there or not. We will definitely go play during "open house" to see what it's all about, though!
Old 06-17-2009, 03:49 AM   #143
cdelphia
Earning My Ears

Going on the cruise too!

We will also be on the cruise. This is my second cruise, but first with Disney. DH's first cruise and DD10 first cruise.

Too bad we missed the Fish Extender list. I just found out what it was. Maybe I'll just do it myself for DD10.

Love the magnets. I just have to go buy some of the magnet paper.

I can't wait to go!

How is the Oceaneer's Lab for 10 year old?

Last edited by cdelphia; 06-17-2009 at 04:11 AM.
cdelphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #144
amc3007
Earning My Ears

Well I just got done placing my disney store online order... I hope it comes in time! I just had to get one more costume... I am sure I didn't "need" it but oh well! Hope everyone is getting ready! See you soon! I know the life boat drill is at 3 or 330... I can not remember.... I don't think we will be able to make the meet up... My little ones will be napping.... See you soon!
amc3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #145
angtomczak
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc3007 View Post
I know the life boat drill is at 3 or 330... I can not remember.... I don't think we will be able to make the meet up... My little ones will be napping.... See you soon!
It looks like the drill isn't until 4, so it looks like we'll be OK! Now, I'm just wondering how much time I'll have between the drill and (early) dinner to get ready.....!

10 more days ya'll!
Old 06-17-2009, 10:51 AM   #146
angtomczak
Earning My Ears

Fyi

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2205998
Old 06-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #147
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Ok, so with reading all of this. How does everyone feel about Meeting at 3pm in the Promenade Lounge???
Old 06-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #148
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelphia View Post
We will also be on the cruise. This is my second cruise, but first with Disney. DH's first cruise and DD10 first cruise.

Too bad we missed the Fish Extender list. I just found out what it was. Maybe I'll just do it myself for DD10.

Love the magnets. I just have to go buy some of the magnet paper.

I can't wait to go!

How is the Oceaneer's Lab for 10 year old?
Hi and Welcome!! Maybe you should come to our meet & greet......once we figure out where that is.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #149
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

I have added a poll for the meet & greet issue. PLEASE go vote!!
Old 06-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #150
angtomczak
Earning My Ears

UPS just delivered my FE gifts!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: