Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #76
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
What a lovely plane ride.....I love all the little surprises!!!!

I have a little SURPRISE for you gals too!!!! Check out the new SIGGIE!!!!
I love surprises! WOO HOO!!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #77
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Hi there ....can I join in?

I am loving that you two became such close girlfriends over the DIS and did a "DIS-surprise" trip! So far it truly sounds like a perfect girlfriends trip, talking late into the night, painting toe nails, candy and being a tad goofy.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2009, 05:19 AM   #78
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Hi there ....can I join in?

I am loving that you two became such close girlfriends over the DIS and did a "DIS-surprise" trip! So far it truly sounds like a perfect girlfriends trip, talking late into the night, painting toe nails, candy and being a tad goofy.

Of course you can join in! And I'm very blessed by Tink. She's my best friend. I feel lucky to have any girlfriends, what with how hectic life can get, so I'm very, very grateful for the DIS.

And I don't know that "a tad goofy" is really an accurate description. As you'll see.

By various pictures.

In which I'll be headless, but I think you'll still get the idea.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #79
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Unhappy

Soooooo.......

Can I offer you some chocolate?

....liquor??

....A junky apple!!!

.....do you accept cash?!.....
Old 06-14-2009, 07:05 AM   #80
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Soooooo.......

Can I offer you some chocolate?

....liquor??

....A junky apple!!!

.....do you accept cash?!.....
Yum, yum, yum!

I accept all three. Cash totally unnecessary when liquor, junky apples, and chocolate are involved.

Actually, in lieu of cash, I'd be happy with Jack Sparrow. Could you toss him in there? Just go to the Pirate Tutorial in the Magic Kingdom with a great length of rope, use said rope to "kidnap" said pirate, ellude Disney security, and voila!

Hmm....now that I think about it, I don't know if I'd get him back from you if you did that.

I hate to post more without getting Tink's take on stuff, so I'll pop off an e-mail to her and see where she's at this weekend.

Truthfully, I'm ITCHING to write the next chapter.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:29 PM   #81
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray! A Tink and TK update! Love how you packed surprises -- I am a huge fan of Cadbury Fruit and Nut myself -- and you got to play cards during the plane ride!!!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 06-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #82
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Of course you can join in! And I'm very blessed by Tink. She's my best friend. I feel lucky to have any girlfriends, what with how hectic life can get, so I'm very, very grateful for the DIS.
I SO understand!

Looking forward to the 'various pictures'...
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 06-15-2009, 07:13 AM   #83
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray! A Tink and TK update! Love how you packed surprises -- I am a huge fan of Cadbury Fruit and Nut myself -- and you got to play cards during the plane ride!!!

Can't wait to read more!
The whole packing surprises thing went over so well, I'm going to recreate it on my September trip, just with more DS oriented stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I SO understand!

Looking forward to the 'various pictures'...
I may have gotten a little corny.

Possibly.

Okay, maybe a lot.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #84
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

I'm a little late to the party, but wanted to pop in to say that I am GIDDY for the both of you!

I know how much fun those "girls trips" can be, especially with DISfriends, who are just as hyped up on the Disney kool-aid as you are! I can't wait to hear all about it!!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #85
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshClan View Post
I'm a little late to the party, but wanted to pop in to say that I am GIDDY for the both of you!
There is no late, my dear. And if it is, it's fashionable!

Quote:
I know how much fun those "girls trips" can be, especially with DISfriends, who are just as hyped up on the Disney kool-aid as you are! I can't wait to hear all about it!!
We had a great time. I can't wait to write all about it.

Love the comment about the Disney kool-aid.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:35 PM   #86
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

This is one fun TR, more please

Old 06-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #87
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post
This is one fun TR, more please
Thanks for joining us! When last I spoke with our darling Tink, she was planning an update. So I'm "patiently" waiting for her to do that. She knows how much I'm dying to write more, so hopefully, it'll be soon.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #88
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

what a fun TR!! I think its awesome that you two got to do a girls trippie

it getting me even more anxious to go with DIS-friends soon

paula
Old 06-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #89
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
what a fun TR!! I think its awesome that you two got to do a girls trippie
We thought it was pretty awesome, too.

Quote:
it getting me even more anxious to go with DIS-friends soon

paula
Oh, the three of you are going to have an AWESOME time!!! I can't wait. And I can't wait to meet you!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #90
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Ok, business first. I'm going to do some replies here and respond to what TK wrote with some of my own observations. Then I'm going to let TK have at it for the next chapter and I'll take the one after that. Unfortunately, Life has made a huge appearance over the past two weeks. Last week I had MAJOR car issues (read: EXPENSIVE) with Lola. This past weekend it was Engagement Party Madness for my brother and sister-in-law-to-be and right now I'm dealing with some unexpected medical issues with one of my furry babies. I'm literally sick with worry. I'm hoping to get to the vet with her today. Hoping nothing is terribly wrong.

However, I don't want to hold up this TR either. So, without further ado, see my replies/additions to TK's LOVERLY chapter below...

Quote:
We woke early.
Early for TK, perhaps. LOL I felt like I was right on time. It was what, 5 a.m.?

Quote:
Who's surprised?
::crickets::

Quote:
Star date, May twenty third, two thousand nine. TK stirs. It is early. There are no signs on intelligent...wait, Tink's awake!!! There are signs of intelligent life on this planet!!!
Intelligent life is debatable. I'd slept pretty well, but given how late we were up discussing...well...everything under the sun, I was still tired. But excited. And as we all know, once you're up on Disney morning there's no going back to sleep.

Quote:
We got ready and did our last minute packing, snagged a little breakfast and got ready for the goodbyes.
You know, I'm going to stop right here and say, in defense of women worldwide, we were both up, showered, dressed, packed and ready to go out the door in 55 minutes. Women high maintenance? Pssht.

Quote:
Once I let DS know that he had presents from me, one per day I was gone, he was all a twitter for me to leave so he could open the first gift.
The boy had a one track mind. LOL

Quote:
As we were departing, DS let this one slip, "Will Auntie Tink stay here with me?"
Cue Auntie Tink melting inside.

Quote:
So when we got stuck behind a tractor (I do live near some farm country), it wasn't even a big deal, we had plenty of time.
When she says tractor, people, she means a FARM tractor not a semi or anything like that. It was just chugging along at about 3mph.

Quote:
I marveled at the fact that I only had one bag.
Ahh. The joys of traveling solo. Many of which I shared with TK on this trip.

Quote:
As we got settled down by our gate to wait for the plane, I had a little suprise for Tink. During the many random conversations we have through e-mail (sometimes at work), I had discovered that her favorite lollipops were red. We hand them out at the bank to the kiddos, although I tell my customers they're for children of all ages. A little Disney lives with me every day, trust me. So I got her three different kinds of red for the plane ride, and presented them. She was happy.
I WAS happy. Like, 5-year-old happy. Seriously. I still have two of the pops.

Quote:
I prefaced it with the, will you wear anything I give you?

She said yes. Brave woman.

I can't belive she trusts me.
Honestly, I think I temporarily lost that strainer between my brain and my mouth. I just out and answered. Ha!

Quote:
Kitty Kat had one too. Perhaps once all of my pictures are loaded I'll share that with you. I have a very good idea about how I'm going to share "head only" shots of TK, sans the head.

And seriously? I might be smiling like an idiot but boy do I look tired. I'm just realizing this now. My eyes in particular. Ick.

Quote:
Tink had a higher number than I did, so she was able to go on first and snag us a nice row near the front of the plane.
Fun fact for those of you flying SW and checking in online or otherwise - if you get boarding number A-16, you will likely be the first person to board the plane. In the past 4 flights I've been on, they don't distribute numbers A-1 through A-15. Not sure why. So, this time around I was A-17 and the second person on the plane. Score!

Quote:
I swear to you now, on all that is holy, I had no idea I was so good at war. Which is really a game of luck and probability, not skill.
Don't listen to her. The woman is a WAR card shark.

Quote:
But we played one game of war for literally half of the plane ride. And I won. And then I won again.
Card. Shark.

And no lie. The first game of WAR lasted for almost 2 hours.

Quote:
We played war twice, right? Or was it three times? Did you win once? Memory is hazy here, I think you won once. Anyway, look for further clarification on this matter when Tink chimes in.
I don't know. Did I win? I didn't write that down. I didn't think I did. I think you dominated all of the games we played. Until later...when I started using the power of the elements. LOL Just call me STORM.

Quote:
And then I pulled out surprise number three, the first being the pops, the second being the leis, and the third being...

We smelled it through the wrapper before we even opened it. I about DIED when she pulled this out. GOOD MILK CHOCOLATE? If this were an alternate reality whereby TK was TK with said candy and I was Jack Sparrow, I'd marry her.

Quote:
It was close my friends. Neck and neck at some points, and then not so much at others.
Oh, you mean like when you had, like 100 points in the first hand and I was already negative?! LOL

Quote:
Up next - Florida Air
Smell it! Feel it! Seriously. This time around, it was more about FEELING it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: