Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #91
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Just Wanted to Say HI!!!

Hi. I just found your pre-trip report. I haven't read through it all (yet) but just wanted to post. My daughter Liz (who will be 12yrs old) on June 21 was born with spina bifida. She also has a VP shunt. Because of that, she does not do any coasters that goes upside down or Mission Space. Other than that, she rides everything!! (her sister is scared of most rides!!) Liz has no fears!!!

As for the age thing, I understand. With all the medical stuff she has been through (tooo many surgeries to count), I can't believe that she will be 12yrs old in alittle over two weeks!!!!

If you want to see a pic of her, you can check out my pre-trip report (link below in signature). I hope ya'll have a great time!! And can't wait to read about your trip.

Now, I'm going to go back and read the rest of your report!!!

Our Twelve Day Adventure Around the World! Trip Report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2158920
Old 06-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #92
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetmommy View Post
We are home..she is doing great, it always amazes me when we can be home the day after brain surgery!

I know what you mean. Liz has had numerous shunt revisions. And as horrible as she has felt before; the minute she wakes up in recovery she is asking me, "Can I go home now??"

It is truely amazing how strong kids can be!!!!!!

I'm glad she is home from the surgery. (I'm gonna go back and continue reading).

Hope ya'll are having a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #93
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyC1974 View Post
Hi. I just found your pre-trip report. I haven't read through it all (yet) but just wanted to post. My daughter Liz (who will be 12yrs old) on June 21 was born with spina bifida. She also has a VP shunt. Because of that, she does not do any coasters that goes upside down or Mission Space. Other than that, she rides everything!! (her sister is scared of most rides!!) Liz has no fears!!!

As for the age thing, I understand. With all the medical stuff she has been through (tooo many surgeries to count), I can't believe that she will be 12yrs old in alittle over two weeks!!!!

If you want to see a pic of her, you can check out my pre-trip report (link below in signature). I hope ya'll have a great time!! And can't wait to read about your trip.

Now, I'm going to go back and read the rest of your report!!!
Our Doctor said she could do coasters..I don't think I will take her on anything like Mission Space, space mountain...but we will see about maybe Big Thunder Mountain...She loved the tea cups last time....but she also bumped her head in the middle, DH and I looked at her with the dazed look and said "OMG we broke our kid as soon as we started here..." Then she laughed....we are getting SO excited about the whole thing and I am really glad her shunt appears to be working great!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #94
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Glad the kids got their package! Looks like they enjoyed it all! You can re tie the straps to fit a little better. I was trying to guess without anyone to try it on! They look cute dancing around.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 06-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #95
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Glad the kids got their package! Looks like they enjoyed it all! You can re tie the straps to fit a little better. I was trying to guess without anyone to try it on! They look cute dancing around.
I noticed that after the pictures...Thanks again EVERYONE we are loving everything...I am pretty much packed and ready...Em is in a wedding on Saturday next week...so we will be gone all weekend so I am trying to prepare now!
Old 06-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #96
BrandyC1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetmommy View Post
Our Doctor said she could do coasters..I don't think I will take her on anything like Mission Space, space mountain...but we will see about maybe Big Thunder Mountain...She loved the tea cups last time....but she also bumped her head in the middle, DH and I looked at her with the dazed look and said "OMG we broke our kid as soon as we started here..." Then she laughed....we are getting SO excited about the whole thing and I am really glad her shunt appears to be working great!
Yeah, Liz doens't do space mountain but she loves "the train" (big thunder mountain. She also loves the tea cups, but I can't do them (so my brothers will ride with the girls).

I'm real glad that her shunt appears to be working. I know the downside to that (from Liz and from kids in her school with shunts) and it can be scary. But, they are so tough (better than I would be).

Old 06-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #97
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyC1974 View Post
Yeah, Liz doens't do space mountain but she loves "the train" (big thunder mountain. She also loves the tea cups, but I can't do them (so my brothers will ride with the girls).

I'm real glad that her shunt appears to be working. I know the downside to that (from Liz and from kids in her school with shunts) and it can be scary. But, they are so tough (better than I would be).
We had some major personality changes prior to discovering the shunt failure..we went in knowing that something was wrong and the shunt not working was the lesser of the other possible evils.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #98
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Our Wish Party.....

"All dressed in Big Give Clothes"

Check out that cool Balloon..

Emma loves Jimmy Buffett--Cake is suppose to be a Volcano....we all descided it looked like the tree of life on fire...but it is YUMMY

Old 06-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #99
sammie girl
Mouseketeer

Your party looks like it was fun even if it did rain.
Love love love the balloon and the cake is very yummy looking. It is getting so close now. I am glad you guys had a good evening. Oh and I love her big give outfit. Those people are really gifted.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #100
maroo
DIS Veteran

Oh! She looks so cute!! I just love that outfit!

The balloon and cake are perfect!

I am sorry that it rained! But it looks like a good time was had by all!

You guys are going to have a blast! Say Hi to Mayor Clayton for me!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:14 AM   #101
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

That balloon is HUGE! Cute pictures! I love the volcano/tree of life on fire!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 06-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #102
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Cake is good the next day too....Yah I am eating a real healthy breakfast..
Em had left over Pizza...guess we are practicing for next week...I can't wait....it is great because we are in Orlando by 11...so we should be able to do something on Monday too...maybe just hand out at the pool and eat ice cream...
Old 06-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #103
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures from the party! I can't believe your trip will be here so soon!

I do have an off topic question for you. I noticed she was wearing her braces with her crocs. Does the doctor let you do this? We see Tyler's orthopedic doctor in two weeks and we think he is going to have to go to full time braces rather than just at night. He lives in his crocs and doesn't like his tennis shoes so if this were an option it would be great!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 06-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #104
wkualum
Mouseketeer

Great pictures from a great party! Congrats!!!

Any cake left? I love me some cake!

I know you didn't ask me but....My daughter is in her AFOs full time and she does wear Crocs a lot. Her PT (and ortho for that matter) says if she didn't have her braces on then the Crocs would be a no no. However the braces are giving all the support so the Crocs are fine. Hopefully your doc feels the same!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #105
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

She just wears the crocs around the house as slippers, she has a leg length difference though so if she wears them to much her back starts to hurts..

There is some cake left it is so good...I ate part of the tree/Volcano today for breakfast....love that chocolate...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: