Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #16
DisneyCruiser83
You jump, I jump, Jack!

Thank you for posting the schedule Belle! This will be my first time at the F&WF! My husband and I always go on a cruise for our anniversary so we miss it, but this year we are doing both! I can't believe we will be there for En Vogue, Better than Ezra, and Kool and the Gang. That is the best grouping I could have hoped for. October can't get here soon enough!
I have a stupid question... How does the food work? Are there just vendors around the WS to purchase from, or do you buy a special pass? Any help would be appreciated!

"The sea is His for He made it and His hands formed the dry land." Psalm 95:5
DisneyCruiser83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #17
CoolDisneyKitten
Not like other sheep, arrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruiser83 View Post
Thank you for posting the schedule Belle! This will be my first time at the F&WF! My husband and I always go on a cruise for our anniversary so we miss it, but this year we are doing both! I can't believe we will be there for En Vogue, Better than Ezra, and Kool and the Gang. That is the best grouping I could have hoped for. October can't get here soon enough!
I have a stupid question... How does the food work? Are there just vendors around the WS to purchase from, or do you buy a special pass? Any help would be appreciated!
Yay, another BTE fan. Do you have the new album yet? It's awesome!

Ok, your question... there are kiosks set up all around WS, and you purchase tapas-sized portions of food and drinkies. There are also special events, and you need to book those ahead of time. That's the schedule of events Nala was talking about in the first post - it's not out yet.

This trip will be our first time at F&W, so we're really looking forward to it! *pokes my counter to make it move faster*

10/90 Howard Johnson DTD~8/91, 12/92 BC~'94 Poly~1/97, 1/98, 3/99 BWV~1/00 Poly~5/01 BWV~1/03 BC~5/03 BWV~4/04 AKL~12/04 VWL~1/05 BWV~3/05 AKL~1/06 BCV~3/07 AKL~5/07 Poly~5/08 SSR/OKW~1/09, 10/09 BCV~5/11 OKW~1/12 AKV Kidani~12/13 BCV/VGF
CoolDisneyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #18
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Talking I posted this on another forum and got no response - so I'm trying here...

We will be there for the opening weekend of F&WF and I'm having a bit of a dilemma on which day to go.

I've heard crowds are crazy with the locals on the weekends, especially the first and last ones of the fest. So our choices are to go opening day Friday 9/25 (hubs birthday) which is also 'typically' the busiest day of the week for Epcot. Or go Monday 9/28, which in my area is also a school 'holiday' – read most likely busy. Additionally my mom is coming up with us for the weekend – but driving home Monday night after being in the parks. So I was hoping to give her an 'easier' park (like AK since it usually closes at 5) to go to on her last day.

I know I'm probably thinking about this WAY too much. Any suggestions? Thoughts?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #19
BelleLovesTheBeast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantingodin View Post
We will be there for the opening weekend of F&WF and I'm having a bit of a dilemma on which day to go.

I've heard crowds are crazy with the locals on the weekends, especially the first and last ones of the fest. So our choices are to go opening day Friday 9/25 (hubs birthday) which is also 'typically' the busiest day of the week for Epcot. Or go Monday 9/28, which in my area is also a school 'holiday' – read most likely busy. Additionally my mom is coming up with us for the weekend – but driving home Monday night after being in the parks. So I was hoping to give her an 'easier' park (like AK since it usually closes at 5) to go to on her last day.

I know I'm probably thinking about this WAY too much. Any suggestions? Thoughts?
I would stick with your plan of going Friday to Epcot and Monday to AK. I found last year when I went in the middle of Oct. to be busier than in 07 when we went the first weekend it started. It's busier than the prior weekend but I don't think it's crazy and unmanageable.

Good luck deciding!
10/11 - Sorcerer Radio 10th Anniversary Meet Up | 8/11 - D23 EXPO | 5/11, 1/11, 9/10 - POP | 10/10, 9/10, 6/10, 4/10, 1/10, 12/09 - Marriott | 9/09 - SSR | 8/09 - DL | 10/08 - ASMu DxDDP | 9/07 - CBR | 1/07 - Marriott | 9/06, 9/03- Honeymoon, 10/99 - CSR | 8/96 - OKW | 7/94 - BC | 12/91 - MMDP off-property
BelleLovesTheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #20
kabuki
It's free if you pass out in the DITCH!
I don't think Brenda has seen this to "pimp" me out yet

I am in .. happy to see this is up and running! It means we are getting closer!
kabuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #21
jesters
Mouseketeer

Hadn't thought about the crowds being worse at the start of the F&WF. Our only option is to attend the first weekend, on Saturday night (my DH is actually really excited to see Big Bad VooDoo Daddy).

How bad are the crowds that first Saturday night?

Also- we'll have our DS13 and DD10 with us. We had just planned on walking around and tasting a few treats here and there. This is our first time at the Festival, and I was really excited, but now I am concerned about the crowds.

DL 1987, WDW CR Oct. 2003, WDW CBR Jan. 2004, WDW WL Jan. 2006, DCL Wonder, Nick Hotel & MNSSHP October 2006
Swan Hotel May 2007 Anniversary Trip, DCL Wonder, Dolphin & WDW Thanksgiving 2007, WDW CR Aug. 2008
DCL Wonder & WDW SOG Sept. 2008, WDW CR Sept. 2009, WDW POFQ Mar. 2010 Girls Weekend, RCCL FOS & HRH Universal July 2010
WDW POFQ May 2012, WDW POFQ June 2013
jesters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #22
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Go Friday afternoon. When the locals get off work they will start showing up in the evening.

Crowds and lines will be very high on Saturday night.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #23
jesters
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Go Friday afternoon. When the locals get off work they will start showing up in the evening.

Crowds and lines will be very high on Saturday night.
I wish we could, but we don't fly in til after 8pm!

How about the crowds on Sunday? We could go early afternoon and stay for the first concert at 5:15, then head out. Any thoughts?

DL 1987, WDW CR Oct. 2003, WDW CBR Jan. 2004, WDW WL Jan. 2006, DCL Wonder, Nick Hotel & MNSSHP October 2006
Swan Hotel May 2007 Anniversary Trip, DCL Wonder, Dolphin & WDW Thanksgiving 2007, WDW CR Aug. 2008
DCL Wonder & WDW SOG Sept. 2008, WDW CR Sept. 2009, WDW POFQ Mar. 2010 Girls Weekend, RCCL FOS & HRH Universal July 2010
WDW POFQ May 2012, WDW POFQ June 2013
jesters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #24
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Sunday is better than Saturday but not much. If the Monday is a holiday (Columbus Day is in there somewhere), it can be just as bad as Saturday. The absolute best times to go are Monday - Thursday.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #25
DisneyCruiser83
You jump, I jump, Jack!

CoolDisneyKitten, I just looked at our dates, and what I was looking at before were our cruise dates! We are going to miss BTE We will be at F&WF for Kool and the Gang and Sister Hazel. They are great too, but I am dissapointed about BTE. We might come back for Boyz II Men, so that would make up for it.
Thanks for the insight about the kiosks, that's how I imagined it working, but wanted to be sure.
Does anyone know what the average cost of a sample is? I would love to have a better idea as to what to budget for. Thanks!

"The sea is His for He made it and His hands formed the dry land." Psalm 95:5

Last edited by DisneyCruiser83; 06-04-2009 at 03:27 PM.
DisneyCruiser83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #26
yettimedic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesters View Post
Hadn't thought about the crowds being worse at the start of the F&WF. Our only option is to attend the first weekend, on Saturday night (my DH is actually really excited to see Big Bad VooDoo Daddy).

How bad are the crowds that first Saturday night?

Also- we'll have our DS13 and DD10 with us. We had just planned on walking around and tasting a few treats here and there. This is our first time at the Festival, and I was really excited, but now I am concerned about the crowds.
my wife and i were there for the opening day in 2008 (just so happens we are going to be there this year also) it is crowded on the saturday and into the night however we went back sunday morning and it wasn't too bad however they usually have problems with the computers that work as the registers for the first couple of days this can lead to some long waits but it is still worth it

yettimedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #27
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

The sample costs ranged last year from about $2.50 to $7 for the lobster roll.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #28
yettimedic
Earning My Ears

Party for the senses

i was just wondering if anyone knows when these events will be announced my wife,mother and I went last year and had a wonderful time and i hope we will be able to go to it this year

yettimedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #29
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

The PFTS will be on Saturdays. According to that press release that came out they will cost $135 plus tax, same as last year.

Also according to that press release you can start booking on August 11. See the first post.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #30
enchantingodin
You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleLovesTheBeast View Post
I would stick with your plan of going Friday to Epcot and Monday to AK. I found last year when I went in the middle of Oct. to be busier than in 07 when we went the first weekend it started. It's busier than the prior weekend but I don't think it's crazy and unmanageable.

Good luck deciding!
I think you're right. I've been patiently waiting for the Sept hours to come out before I made my decision. The TA ones have been posted, and as of right now the MK and EC ones have been officially as well.

Looks like that first night of F&WF Epcot closes at 8pm. Which almost made me change my mind. But then I realized not many locals would likely some out for only 2-3 hours. Assuming they get outta work at 5, travel time to get there, paying for parking, etc. I know I wouldn't bother.

I also noticed that MK is having MNSSHP, HS is doing F!, and AK is having evening EMHs. So with all those things going on in all the other parks I'm hoping it'll be dead and we can get to most of the booths.

YAY!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: