Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
yoopermom
Suffers from too many teenage Stephen King influences

Student drowns on class trip

As a teacher and parent, this is one of my worst nightmares:
http://www.wnem.com/hotlinks/19642156/detail.html

Most schools in our area go to Mackinac as part of their end of the year class trip somewhere between 4-6th grade. I've stayed at this Holiday Inn before, too. Report is saying that there were plenty of chaperones there, but somehow the child still drowned. No lifeguard, typical of most hotels. I come from a family of teachers, and, when we stay at a hotel together, we're the "worst" moms possible, yelling at our own kids and other people's kids in the pool, because it's so hard to keep track of them every single second, and some people just let them run loose. Uurgh. I can't imagine how the other kids that were there are going to feel, too.

Sigh.

Terri
yoopermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: