Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #121
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran
 
If U Had Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,222

I love the pics of ASMu. I don't think I've seen any from there before. Broadway would definitley be my top choice too. Although I have to agree with CP, I'm not sure how I'd feel about all those eyes on me when I was in the bathroom.
__________________
"The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start" - John "the Penguin" Bingham

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #122
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!
 
Diamondintheruff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,671

Oops away from the computer for a day and I have four pages and two updates to read through. Wow you are fast LL!

I'm glad to hear you managed on the plane by yourself. Much easier than going to a restaurant solo I would think. I have yet to do the solo restaurant thing yet.

Glad to hear that you and Jen got on like wildfires. How great it must be to do Disney with someone who is as excited about it as you.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest.
__________________
Precious Gem of a Weekend Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323431
Gem of a Birthday-My 40th with Dh @ AKL http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2149477
Gem of a Trip-quality,clarity,color and"Cut that out!"http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post25752950

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Diamondintheruff is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #123
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!
 
jenjolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home in Florida and Texas
Posts: 8,157

Giant Weirdo BAH!!! Silly Silly words!!! I remember being so excited when I saw that bus pull up and then I saw you get off...it was like my good friend is on that bus. Never once did I feel as if I was meeting a stranger, I was meeting my dear friend who I had so much in common with and finally seeing you just sealed it for me you are a friend for life. I knew immediately we would get a long just fine and we certaintely did!!

LOL to taking the same pictures...I swear the similarities might qualify us for the Twilight Zone LOL!!!!

Now if I could only be as motivated with you!! Hopefully Day 2 pics are up for you I uploaded them this morning!!!
__________________


My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #124
poegirl30
Mouseketeer
 
poegirl30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 175

ASMu looks really nice! Did you like it better than POP? We stayed at POP last May, and the kids loved it.
__________________
me DH

DD22 DS19 DS8
poegirl30 is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #125
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran
 
MinnieNurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,749

Don't mind me-I am just hanging out being cool and waiting for your next update.
MinnieNurse is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #126
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran
 
Tnkrbelle565's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North of Boston OR 1335 Miles from WDW
Posts: 8,490

LL- saw you walking your puppy around my neighborhood again this morning. And I immediately thought...shouldn't LL be at work OR at least updating her TR????
__________________
ME (Kristine) (36), DD (9)Let the (Soaken Wet) Memories Begin
Tnkrbelle565 is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #127
MagicShell
DIS Veteran
 
MagicShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Mississippi
Posts: 1,505

You made it! I can't wait to hear about your first dinner.
__________________
1996 Dixie Landings, 2000 All-Star Movies, 2004 Off-Site
2006 Off-Site, Dec. 2008 Pop Century


Me DH DD DS
MagicShell is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #128
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
You're so thorough with your picture taking! I love all the room pics.

It's wonderful that meeting Jen went so well!

Can't wait to hear about lunch...
Lunch was really good! Hopefully I'll update later today or tomorrow. So much for going slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Love the room pictures!!!! I knew you guys would hit it off, but I am glad that everything clicked so smoothly for you once you got there......here's to hoping in the future the hike to the buses doesn't become too bad for you!!!!!
I was so glad that we hit it off too! We are both very similar, it's funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
I love all of the little details you include in your trip reports! The Broadway section looks nice. The coat rack is really cute (your right that it doesn't match the rest of the room). I am looking forward to Epcot pics!
Thanks! I felt like I didn't do as well with pictures this trip so that means I must have done something right! I love coat rack, it was very handy for drying off ponchos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
great update LL!!

I doubt that any of us would think you are a giant wierdo in person

I liked ASMu alot... it is more...I dunno...'cozy' (????) than POP. I loved the broadway section..too cool... I was in Country Fair though, back in the boon-docks LOL!!

Can't wait to hear about lunch...too bad you didn't get a pic of C's hubby to be.... oh well, at least I'll be there when Jen introduces them in Sept

P
I don't know if I would say cozy...I felt like it was pretty spread apart but then again I stayed near the Hall in Pop so that might be why I felt like that. I really wish I had gotten a picture of him. I felt like one of those dumbstruck girls in the movies when she spots a cute guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
I don't know how I missed this update. Perhaps my supervisor had walked by .

The room is really cute!
It was a very cute room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Great update LL! The room looks great!! So glad that you finally got to meet Jen! Can't wait to hear more about lunch and see more pics!!
Of course there will be more pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Love the Broadway section of ASMu. When my DS and I stayed there in 2007 we swear there was a man out under the marquee posing as a street cleaner. We checked in late at night (11:30pm) and there was no one around but that man. Very weird, now that I think about it.

Then we were awoken (atleast I was) at 5 am by rolling suitcases on the walkway. I did not enjoy the first floor, but loved the rest of the place.
I was awoken by the rolling suitcases too! It was grand central station outside our door on more than one occasion. Then another time we came back and there was a half eaten butterfinger and crayons all over the walkway. Very strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I almost forgot to ask.....Did you decorate your window????? Oh, wait....I guess you are not going to tell me until...ta da.....the next installment!

Today is the first time I noticed that little, tiny tears actually fall from this smilie face. What do ya know!
I did not decorate my window. I decided to pass on that since I had announced I was traveling solo, I didn't want to broadcast too much attention to myself.
Lady Lallie is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 02:34 PM   #129
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamgtr09 View Post
That line cracked me up! What's the worst is when you wave to someone, who isn't who you thought it was!
Great update, keep the pictures coming!
Oh, I have done that plenty of times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I love the pics of ASMu. I don't think I've seen any from there before. Broadway would definitley be my top choice too. Although I have to agree with CP, I'm not sure how I'd feel about all those eyes on me when I was in the bathroom.
I should have taken more pictures of that wallpaper, I just knew it would be a hot topic of discussion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Oops away from the computer for a day and I have four pages and two updates to read through. Wow you are fast LL!

I'm glad to hear you managed on the plane by yourself. Much easier than going to a restaurant solo I would think. I have yet to do the solo restaurant thing yet.

Glad to hear that you and Jen got on like wildfires. How great it must be to do Disney with someone who is as excited about it as you.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest.
Yes, it was very nice to be there with someone who got my Disney obsession. Marc doesn't always understand my mania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Giant Weirdo BAH!!! Silly Silly words!!! I remember being so excited when I saw that bus pull up and then I saw you get off...it was like my good friend is on that bus. Never once did I feel as if I was meeting a stranger, I was meeting my dear friend who I had so much in common with and finally seeing you just sealed it for me you are a friend for life. I knew immediately we would get a long just fine and we certaintely did!!

LOL to taking the same pictures...I swear the similarities might qualify us for the Twilight Zone LOL!!!!

Now if I could only be as motivated with you!! Hopefully Day 2 pics are up for you I uploaded them this morning!!!
Well said! That it was how I felt too. We absolutely do belong in the Twilight Zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poegirl30 View Post
ASMu looks really nice! Did you like it better than POP? We stayed at POP last May, and the kids loved it.
I don't know if I liked it better than Pop or not. I can't quite decide. There are pros & cons of both resorts in my opinion. The one thing that puts me over the edge with Pop is the fact that they don't share buses, that got to be a pain sometimes when you shared with Movies & Sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Don't mind me-I am just hanging out being cool and waiting for your next update.
Patience! I am trying to make this last, goodness knows when I can start my next PTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
LL- saw you walking your puppy around my neighborhood again this morning. And I immediately thought...shouldn't LL be at work OR at least updating her TR????
LL has a few more days of vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
You made it! I can't wait to hear about your first dinner.
It was really good! I had some great meals during the trip.
Lady Lallie is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #130
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran
 
nts4wdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,519

Great room! We are staying in one of the All Stars in September. I hope it's that one. Chuck is doing all the planning for that trip.
I was excited for you getting off the bus to meet Jen! I know this is gonna be a fun report.
__________________
Lynn
Chuck & Lynn Jake Em

nts4wdw is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #131
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way
 
MRYPPNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Posts: 4,900

I'll be back to read and catch up although I did follow along on Facebook
__________________
Heidi ~~~~

MRYPPNS is offline  
Old 06-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #132
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,166

I just read both updates-I'm so sorry you were crying when you were leaving Marc! That had to be so hard.

Your giddiness about meeting Jen and finally arriving is so fun! I bounce around the room just like you, so there are all these random room pictures all the time.

Movies looks really great! I love the theming in that section. Did you guys have a King size bed back at Pop? I think the rooms look MUCH smaller in the Values with 2 beds versus the King size. When we stayed at Pop we had a King size, then I later saw pics with the 2 beds and it looked like you could practically close the door while laying in bed!

Those Mickey coat hangers are SO helpful. They should sell them!
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline  
Old 06-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #133
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Williamstown, KY
Posts: 17,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
My First Official Disney Light Fixture Picture of 2009!

I think it's a beauty!
Are we going to seeing more pix of light fixtures?
jordanyosh is offline  
Old 06-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #134
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!
 
ougrad86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,296

Wow, I am away from the computer a few days and look what happens! So glad you started this report, I'm going to love reading about your trip. Really thought the rain would go away, but it kept rotating above the park! I guess it moved up north - rainy and in the 60's starting last night through tomorrow...some summer...
__________________


Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
ougrad86 is offline  
Old 06-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #135
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by nts4wdw View Post
Great room! We are staying in one of the All Stars in September. I hope it's that one. Chuck is doing all the planning for that trip.
I was excited for you getting off the bus to meet Jen! I know this is gonna be a fun report.
I think Music is a great resort, it served it's purpose and I didn't have any bad experiences there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I'll be back to read and catch up although I did follow along on Facebook
Welcome Heidi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I just read both updates-I'm so sorry you were crying when you were leaving Marc! That had to be so hard.

Your giddiness about meeting Jen and finally arriving is so fun! I bounce around the room just like you, so there are all these random room pictures all the time.

Movies looks really great! I love the theming in that section. Did you guys have a King size bed back at Pop? I think the rooms look MUCH smaller in the Values with 2 beds versus the King size. When we stayed at Pop we had a King size, then I later saw pics with the 2 beds and it looked like you could practically close the door while laying in bed!

Those Mickey coat hangers are SO helpful. They should sell them!
It was hard leaving Marc but it's one of those things that once you walk away you can stop crying, kinda like ripping off a bandaid.

We did have a king size bed and I was wondering if that was why I thought my Music room seemed so much smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Are we going to seeing more pix of light fixtures?
Absolutely. I have a bit of an obsession with light fixtures. In fact, those who were reading my PTR bet on how many light fixture pictures I would take. I really have to count all of my pictures so I can determine the winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ougrad86 View Post
Wow, I am away from the computer a few days and look what happens! So glad you started this report, I'm going to love reading about your trip. Really thought the rain would go away, but it kept rotating above the park! I guess it moved up north - rainy and in the 60's starting last night through tomorrow...some summer...
Thanks for reading! Yep, the rain was a bummer but I tried to make the best of it.
Lady Lallie is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report - 1,500 pictures, dining reviews, and DISmeets! alan_renfroe Completed Trip Reports 1275 01-31-2010 10:13 AM
Packing list for trip to the Bahamas? Anyone been? BC Community Board 17 06-07-2009 09:00 PM
Is It Ever Too Late For A Trip Reports? The Four Month Late TR princess.chell Completed Trip Reports 16 06-07-2009 02:47 PM
What is the average cost of a Disney Trip??? kcsmom76 Budget Board 51 06-05-2009 07:21 AM
Questions about packing breakfast food for trip mrsbornkuntry Budget Board 10 05-31-2009 08:53 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.