Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #91
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
Love the update- can't wait to read about your first meet w/Jen! I got a big grin on my face to picture her waiting there for you!!!

I got so excited thinking about leaving for the airport and checking into my SW flight in Sept!! And even for next month- we're flying w/them to Florida.

Can't wait for the next one!
It was so awesome that the timing worked our perfectly. I was so excited to meet her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Loved the update! Can't wait to hear more! Sounds like you have a prince of a husband too!
I really do have a prince of a husband, he's the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
You are off to a great start! We took our DVD player on our last trip and I was so glad that we had it on the plane. It made the time go by really fast. I am sorry about your pins though!
It does make the time go by really fast. I was a little bummed about the pins but have a funny story about losing them later on in the first day.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #92
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

LL tells me she is writing an update now (instead of reading her book).

Last edited by MinnieNurse; 06-02-2009 at 05:22 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #93
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
LL tels me she is writing an update now (instead of reading her book).
It's like your psychic or something!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:21 PM   #94
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

They say the Neon Lights are Bright on Broadway.

Friday May 22nd - Day 1. Part 2.

Finally, the ME bus was pulling into All Star Music and I could see Jen waiting for me in the parking lot. It was really weird finally seeing her in person, I had to remind myself even though we have been talking online for months and on the phone that I hadn't actually met her yet. It truly felt like I was meeting a longtime friend for a trip and not a "stranger".

I made my way off of the bus and patiently waited for my carry-on luggage. Jen was walking towards me and I'm pretty sure I waved to her like a dork. I got my luggage and headed over to her. It was not awkward at all! It was so easy and we fell into a comfortable pattern with each other. At least I did, maybe Jen thought I was a giant weirdo but I was comfortable from the start.

Jen had already checked us in and our room was ready. Originally when I booked this trip, I had requested the Broadway Section because if you can remember from 1,000's of trip changes, Marc & I were going to drive down. We had thought the Broadway section would be nice and close to the parking lot since we'd drive to the parks. Jen & I had agreed that we would take any room available that was ready. At first she was assigned a room in the Country Fair section but she decided to ask about Broadway and there was a room! Yay!

We hopped into Jen's car and drove to the Broadway section. We were in Building 8, Room 8061 on the third floor. I do have the room number, right Jen? We had a corner room which I liked a lot since we only had one shared wall. I was a little concerned for when Jen left with her car because it was a L O N G haul to the Main Hall of ASMu and the bus stops but that was a few days away.

We were greeted by a Mickey Head towel and by a little tweet tweet bird.

I liked the room, it was very clean. The set up was very similar to Pop Century but I was struck that the room seemed a lot smaller than the room we had at Pop in September.

I took the bed closer to the door and window because it was closer to the AC Unit. This New Englander is not used to the Florida heat like Jen!

I find these next two pictures amusing. The first one is Jen's, the second one mine...we even take similar pictures!

You can see from that picture that it was wet out, but I don't think it had rained on us at this point.

I spent a lot of time pondering the bathroom wallpaper. It was like they tried to make the people in it look like famous singers...ala Elvis, Frank Sinatra, etc...but not completely like them. It seriously provided lots of time of pondering for me. There was a definitely a Buddy Holly thrown in there too but I don't think he made it in this picture. I kept meaning to take more pictures of it but never did.

My First Official Disney Light Fixture Picture of 2009!

I think it's a beauty!

A truly horrible picture of the neat-o coat rack. I loved this rack, it was very convenient. Jen and I both agreed though that the red just didn't go with the overly blue motif of the room.

I have shown you the room pictures in the order that I took them, you can tell that I was bouncing all over the place. I guess I was excited to check out the different aspects of the room.

We didn't stay in the room too long, Jen changed into her matching Fairy T-Shirt. I was already wearing mine. It was time to head out to our first park and our lunch ADR at.....

Old 06-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #95
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

I love the colors in the room. DS really wants to try this resort because he likes the looks of the pool. I may have to give in. Thanks for the update, I can sleep tonight now!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #96
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Yea... you are there with Jen. I like the room pics, it looks so cheerful and Disney like, I hope CSR has some disney touches.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #97
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

A cliff hanger??? About lunch???? Really???

Although I'm dying to know if this is the fately Le Cellier lunch that I remember reading about on Twitter.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #98
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yeay! I am so glad that you and Jen were instantly comfortable with each other -- which I knew you would be!!!

The room and outside decor are neat! I wish I had a Mickey coat rack at home! However, I would not want all those eyes on me while I was in the bathroom!

One light fixture -- how many more to go?

Last edited by Charleston Princess; 06-02-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #99
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Ooooh! I like the Broadway section of ASMusic! That room looks really cute and I love the theatre-like billboards outside the window! That is cool! I stayed there once with my mum when I was 14, but we were in the Calypso section and I never really checked out the others...I like the little coat-hook too but you're right, the red doesn't really match!

Looking forward to hearing about your Epcot lunch!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #100
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What a cliffhanger! I can't wait to hear about your lunch. And your waiter.

I can't say I'm a fan of that bathroom wallpaper. Very busy... it almost gives me a headache.

But overall All Stars looks neat. I've never been there!

More, please.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #101
kschafer
DIS Veteran

DARN! I was hoping to see a pic of you and Jen on first meeting. Hurry up and update again!!! (please)

Oh, and I want to know if this is the lunch you picked out Christine's future husband

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 06-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #102
D&R love Disney
DIS Veteran

I think these are the first pictures of an All Star Music room that I've seen. Very nice! Looking forward to reading more
Old 06-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #103
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Grr! I was hoping for the first meeting photo too! Blake and I LOVED AsMu in 2007, I love the themeing of all the buildings. We were in the Country Fair section right under big boot I can't wait to see your tshirts!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #104
Rozz
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to your EPCOT adventure!

Caribbean Beach Wilderness Lodge WDW Swan WDW Dolphin Regal Sun Carribean Beach POP Century
Old 06-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #105
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Did the Music rooms seem so much fresher to you than Pop? As much as we love Pop, we really appreciated the new paint and new bedspreads at both Sports and Music, since we've stayed at both since they've been fixed up. I'm ready for Pop to get repainted and have fresh new bedspreads, too!

It's great that you guys felt at ease right away. I think I would enjoy the company of many Disers, but I could never stay in the same room with anyone else. My snoring would send them home before dawn the next morning!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: