Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #496
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Great update! Your nighttime photos are sooo good! Mmm... and now I want short ribs.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #497
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Your pictures are awesome, Jazzie! I can't wait for mooooreeee!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #498
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Sunday: Last day!

We were all pretty dang tired every single morning (which is usually how it goes when you're at DLR). So when we woke up, that was EXACTLY how we felt. For some reason, we did not take many pictures on Sunday. We packed up our stuff in the car and checked out.

We headed straight for DL so we could go on the Matterhorn because we hadn't been on it at all. So we waited about 40 minutes (not bad) and ended up getting split 2 & 2 because of the CM. Oh well, no biggie. I personally like it better at night, but when I ride it at day, it feels more nostalgic. Then after, we walked through Fantasyland and around NOS and went to Splash. The wait was pretty short (about 20 minutes). I always like that ride, but I got soaked this time!

After, we went on the train to Tomorrowland and took the Monorail to DTD because we were going to eat at Rainforest Cafe for lunch before leaving the park. The food was pretty good and we sat outside on the balcony so we could all dry up. Afterwards we went to Vault 28 so Raymund could see the artwork there. I LOOOVE IT there now. I never really paid attention to it there, but now I'm going to stop by EVERY TIME! Then after, we went to WoD and shopped before taking off. Uncle Rich had to go to the airport because he flew, so we went back to the hotel and waited for the shuttlevan to get to him before we left. After that, we took our 6 hour drive back to San Jose (but not before stopping at a McDonald's so I could change out of my wet clothes.. they were still wet after 3 hours, and then to Sonic in Gilroy, MMM).

So thats it for my birthday trip! Next up is my Memorial Weekend trip!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #499
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.

Memorial Weekend!

Friday:

Okie dokes. SOO This trip consists roughly 8 - 9 people. Me (of course), Eric!! (he backed out of going to Mexico and went with us to Disneyland instead), my cousin Derrik, his wife Heather, Heather's brother Chris, Chris's girlfriend Judith, Judith's sister Devin, Heather's co-worker Mike, and Mike's girlfriend Tessa. Talk about 6 degrees of separation! WHEW. The reason why its roughly 8 - 9 people is because Devin (Judith's sister) works at DLR, specifically either on tours or at City Hall and she got Chris & Judith in free every day. When she wasn't working, she met up with us and went on rides with us.

OOOOKAY, let's get started, shall we? So since we left a little late the weekend before and because its memorial weekend, we left here at 3 AM. Instead of going on I-5, we went on 101 almost the whole time because we met up with Chris & Judith at their place in San Luis Obispo.

(OH, BTW, unlike last weekend, we took a bajillion pictures!)

This is Heather & I.

We didn't get to the Tropicana Inn until 10 AM (LA traffic.. bleh). So they had our room ready (YAY!). So we got all our stuff in and headed to compass to meet up with Devin.

OHMG, first time to Disneyland for Chris!! Holy cow, we're so excited!

And the bungFACE begins

Then we went over to guest services to get Derrik & Heather's tickets because Derrik had this special for military people where they can get in for free and they can get up to 5 people 3-Day park hoppers for $94! Oh & Eric needed to upgrade his AP to Premium. After all that, we were still waiting for Mike & Tessa and that took a while. We took pictures.

Thats Derrik up top & Chris Randomly jumping into frame!

Chris & Judith

Chris running because he was so restless haha

Devin is on the right

uh oh, someone is bung-ing it up!

Then about 30 minutes later, they showed up, but did not have tickets, so we had to wait for them to buy them at the ticket booths. GAH. So, Chris, Judith & Devin went ahead and went to DCA without us.

Derrik was already irritated by waiting, but Heather didn't want to leave them, so we waited by the compass. Tick Tock Tick Tock. BLEH this is taking a loooong time. So we took pictures.

oh we're soo fake fighting haha!

Then we went in and caught up with the rest of them by the wharf. Since its the Food & Wine Festival, Heather & Tessa tried wine. So Derrik, Mike, Eric, and I got margaritas. They were prettttty tame and I'm a lightweight, so Derrik & Mike thought they were suuuuuper weak. Oh well, it was kind of hot, so it was good to me! I got a strawberry margarita.

cont...
Old 06-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #500
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Weak, tame alcoholic beverages are right up my alley! I really do not like the taste of alcohol, which is why I never became a drinker, so IF I drink anything, it has to be tropical, fruity, frothy and weak, so that I can barely taste any alcohol. It doesn't surprise me that Disney serves weaker stuff on their property - especially IN the park.

Wow - you had quite the group with you this time! It CAN be very frustrating to have to wait for a whole other segment of your group to arrive - whether it be another 10 people or another 2 people. I have done it before. You just feel like you are wasting so much time that could be better spent, while the crowds are building in the parks. After a while, as the years progressed, we began either making sure we had everyone together before we got to DLR, OR we would just meet them IN the park at a designated time. The last few trips we met up with one friend at the hotel and one in the park who could never give us a set meeting time the day beforehand and would not let us know what time she was meeting us until about 2 hours or less before she was on her way....which was kind of inconvenient if we were all the way in ToonTown and she wanted to meet us in DCA. I like people to just pick a time and place to meet - whether it is 11:00 a.m. or 5:00 p.m. - early on, preferably the day before - and just stick to it. I hate the kind of being-in-limbo feeling that Shawn and I have at DLR when we are not sure when our other friends are going to call us or show up, and we can't fully plan our day and where to be at what time.

So was your group ultmately an organized group or a disorganized one - did everyone have different agendas or were you all on the same page?

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #501

...Continued

Eric & Chris ended up getting beer. We headed towards Paradise Pier and Judith & Devin got soft serve. Then we all waited in line for TSMM. 40 minutes? NO WAY!! I'm always around when its 60 minutes or more! Sweet. Everyone loooved the ride, but how could they not?

Its so fun! I finally got the hang of the ride and got 175,000! Yay Then after, we went on Screamin'. It was only 20 minute wait. WOO! We're finally getting into the swing of things. Everyone loved that one as well and we were all laughing and getting along.

On the way out, Derrik & Mike said they were going to try the beer tasting, so they went ahead back to the wharf while the ladies went to the restroom. As we walked by the wharf Heather & Tessa wanted to do the beer tasting too. Eric & I didn't want to and Judith, Devin, and Chris didn't either, so we went ahead towards the Hollywood Backlot. We went in line for ToT. It was about a 35 minute wait. Heather was getting upset that we were splitting up, but we were wasting the day away if we just waited around while they tried beer. So we went separately on ToT.

After that, everyone was pretty hungry. So we headed towards Condor Flats. Judith said she wanted a salad, so she got one in Baker's Field Bakery and Devin was talking to another CM and managed to get us a group FP for anything we wanted and at any time. So while Devin & Judith got their food in the Bakery, we went to Taste Pilots Grill and got our food. I didn't realize that each meal came with fries, so we orded an extra order of fries to split. TOO MUCH FOOD! Oh & Mike and Tessa did the same. We sat outside since there wasn't much space inside. The whole time we ate, they had music that sounded so epic. I felt like it was the most extreme bbq chicken sandwich I've had in my whole life .

After we ate, Heather realllly wanted a picture with Mater because he is her fave.

We wanted to go on Soarin', but the wait was an hour! Geez. So we walked over to see how long Grizzly River Run was, but it was a little bit of a wait, so we went and got FPs for it and used our group FP for Soarin'. I'm really starting to love that ride more and more. I was paying attention to Chris when he was on the ride because it was his first time to DLR all together. He is so funny, it was just hilarious to see his reactions to everything.

After, the FP return time was up and we went on Grizzly. I think we waited about 5 minutes, as opposed to an hour! AWESOME Everyone got wet, but we didn't get soaked, so that was nice. After that, we headed to DLR.

It was pretty busy and I was prepared for it. I mean, its Memorial Weekend, what can you do? So we went through Adventureland to see what the wait would be for Indie, ... 70 minutes? NO WAY. So we went to Pirates.

Chris in line with his new Shades from one of the shops in Adventureland.

Derrik & Eric didn't want to go on, I think they were pooping out. So they were looking around in NOS.

After the ride, we looked around NOS, then decided to go back to rest for a while. We all decided we'd meet for dinner at Denny's. So we did.

We got to the park just as the fireworks began and Main Street was PACKED. There was NOOO way we could watch. Mike had to go re-park his car, so we were sort of split up. It was so frustrating. We ended up all together again and went on Space Mountain. It was an hour wait, but by now, that would be the wait for practically EVERYTHING.

This is us in line, because we're GOOOOBS.

Judith hates taking pictures, so she always covers her face!

cont...
Old 06-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #502

... Continued

So this is the point in the line where we were totally bungFACEing it up.

Everyone loved the ride

After that, we were pretty tired, so everyone went back to the hotel except Chris & Judith. They decided to stay out a little longer!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Weak, tame alcoholic beverages are right up my alley! I really do not like the taste of alcohol, which is why I never became a drinker, so IF I drink anything, it has to be tropical, fruity, frothy and weak, so that I can barely taste any alcohol. It doesn't surprise me that Disney serves weaker stuff on their property - especially IN the park.

Wow - you had quite the group with you this time! It CAN be very frustrating to have to wait for a whole other segment of your group to arrive - whether it be another 10 people or another 2 people. I have done it before. You just feel like you are wasting so much time that could be better spent, while the crowds are building in the parks. After a while, as the years progressed, we began either making sure we had everyone together before we got to DLR, OR we would just meet them IN the park at a designated time. The last few trips we met up with one friend at the hotel and one in the park who could never give us a set meeting time the day beforehand and would not let us know what time she was meeting us until about 2 hours or less before she was on her way....which was kind of inconvenient if we were all the way in ToonTown and she wanted to meet us in DCA. I like people to just pick a time and place to meet - whether it is 11:00 a.m. or 5:00 p.m. - early on, preferably the day before - and just stick to it. I hate the kind of being-in-limbo feeling that Shawn and I have at DLR when we are not sure when our other friends are going to call us or show up, and we can't fully plan our day and where to be at what time.

So was your group ultmately an organized group or a disorganized one - did everyone have different agendas or were you all on the same page?
I'm the same way when it comes to alcohol! I'm sooo weaksauce!

I was the only organized person in the group and everyone needed to do different things at different times so we split up a lot during the trip and I'm not used to that at all. So I became sort of the leader and everyone called me asking where we were and where do we need to meet. Pretty much, we would tell them where we were and they'd meet us there. Which was nice. I'm so not used to doing DLR that way, so I don't think we'll be inviting people like that again.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #504
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Woo hoo! bungFACE gone wild!

That music in Taste Pilots Grill cracks me up - it is not Disney at all, which is interesting. It is all space and flying songs - mostly classic rock - that I heard. They definitely tried to make DCA a little more 'adult-friendly,' I think, when they built it, so while it IS Disney, you can also hear David Bowie and Elton John in Taste Pilots Grill!

I liked the TPG BBQ chicken sandwich, though my face was a mess after I ate it (thank goodness for Kleenex Splash n Go hand/face wipes!). I just wish there was a little more chicken to fill out the bun. That is why everything got so messy - because there was too much bun flapping around and not even chicken to hold the condiments!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Woo hoo! bungFACE gone wild!

That music in Taste Pilots Grill cracks me up - it is not Disney at all, which is interesting. It is all space and flying songs - mostly classic rock - that I heard. They definitely tried to make DCA a little more 'adult-friendly,' I think, when they built it, so while it IS Disney, you can also hear David Bowie and Elton John in Taste Pilots Grill!

I liked the TPG BBQ chicken sandwich, though my face was a mess after I ate it (thank goodness for Kleenex Splash n Go hand/face wipes!). I just wish there was a little more chicken to fill out the bun. That is why everything got so messy - because there was too much bun flapping around and not even chicken to hold the condiments!
That is so funny that you say that about the BBQ sandwich because that is exactly how I felt! Oh & I totally brought the Kleenex Splash n GO wipes as well! Everyone kept saying, "wow Jasmine, you're super prepared." I totally did the same thing! SO messy!

By the end of the weekend, I was known as the walking drugstore. I had everything with me. Imodium, IB Profen, tums, sunblock, mints, wipes, tissues, hand sanitizer, etc. It goes on and on!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #506

OH & I completely love that you can choose what you want on your burger/sandwich. I like the bar! Very nice!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #507
prettyprincessbelle

HAHAHA! I think Devin is the CM who gave me my Fun Card!!! I remember after we walked out of City Hall, Jesus and I both went "aww, that CM was cute!" lol. She looks familiar and I'm pretty sure it was her.

Anyways, woo! More pictures! You're a cheater with your birthday button 2 weeks later! OOOOOOO!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #508
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

It looks like you guys have a lot of fun together. It's always a lot of when there are a group of people that get along.
kaoden39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #509

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
HAHAHA! I think Devin is the CM who gave me my Fun Card!!! I remember after we walked out of City Hall, Jesus and I both went "aww, that CM was cute!" lol. She looks familiar and I'm pretty sure it was her.

Anyways, woo! More pictures! You're a cheater with your birthday button 2 weeks later! OOOOOOO!
Thats cool that you recognize Devin

I'm SOO not a cheater, my birthday was only a week ago when I had the pin on, so its still okay HAHA. Heather & I were supposed to wear birthday buttons together, but she didn't get one! She's a may baby too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
It looks like you guys have a lot of fun together. It's always a lot of when there are a group of people that get along.
We did have fun together I just like being goofy all the time and if other people are okay with doing it, it intensifies it for me HAHA
Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #510
prettyprincessbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
Thats cool that you recognize Devin

I'm SOO not a cheater, my birthday was only a week ago when I had the pin on, so its still okay HAHA. Heather & I were supposed to wear birthday buttons together, but she didn't get one! She's a may baby too!
Okay okay, you're not a cheater! Yay for May babies!

Judith was probably like "whyyy are these people taking sooo many pictures!!!??"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: