Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #76
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Yeah!! The trip report has started!

I can imaine how hard it must have been to set off that morning saying goodbye to Marc. At least you were leaving for Disney, right?

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #77
slamgtr09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post

Thanks for de-lurking. I'm sorry you had to feel the pain with the rain too! But it makes me feel just a teensy bit better that you felt the pain too because it doesn't make me feel so bad for feeling it. I don't know if that even made sense!
Totally makes sense!

Great start so far! Glad the flight went well, I don't like flying by myself either!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #78
kschafer
DIS Veteran

OK, your first update made me cry...at what? Not you crying on the way to the airport. not you crying at your quick goodbye to Marc. Not you crying when Marc sent you a sweet text.

I cried at the image in my mind of you pulling up in ME and seeing Jen waiting for you! That is soooooo exiciting!!!!! Lucky you LL have been a part of both of the gnomie meets so far!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 06-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #79
disneydusted
DIS Veteran

Awww, you cried at the airport! I do that too!! It is so hard to leave your husband! So glad you had your DIS buddy there at Disney waiting for you! Now we are off to the adventures of LL and Jen! I am looking forward to this TR!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #80
poegirl30
Mouseketeer

Great beginning! What a sweet story...I bet it was hard leaving your DH at the airport. Goodbyes stink. Great pics of DTD! My kids love the legos statues, and my DS wants to know how he can get THAT job!

DD21 DS18 DS7
Old 06-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #81
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

for leaving Marc at the airport. I know what that feels like and its not fun!

I seriously got goosebumps when you saw Jen across the parking lot. I'm a weirdo.
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 06-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #82
D&R love Disney
DIS Veteran

I'm ready to after reading about you crying.

I can't wait to read more!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #83
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Aw LL! What a good husband you have! Such a wonderful 1st update..but of course you leave off with seeing Jen at the parking lot!
I can't wait to hear about your girls' first meeting!!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #84
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Yay! The trip has begun! Sorry to hear about the rain but I'm sure you guys still had an amazing time! I can't wait to hear more!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #85
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
What a lovely update!!!! Joy and tears....so much love abounding!!! LOVE IT!!!!

I have been meaning to tell you that I SO love your TR title....Megan and I love that movie, and LOVE that part exactly!!! Whenever we have a rainy day here, we have this cute little banter back and forth between us reciting the words of that part of the movie....."Tut, tut.....looks like rain!!!" SO everytime I see your TR title, I get this warm fuzzy in my heart thinking about that....just wanted to share!!!!

I have a quick question about ASMu that I am going to PM you!
Awww, I'm glad you get warm fuzzies from my TR title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
Great update, but I'm gonna need more!!!

I bet it was hard to leave Marc! Mike travels often for work so I'm used to him being gone, but one time I volunteered as a camp councelor for a week and I had to leave. I was a mess being away. It's so much easier for him to leave!!
I'm itching to write more even though I said I was going to take this slow. I know it's because I am on vacation and a little on the bored side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Hi! I read most of your PTR while you were gone, after seeing you post on so many other TRs...you sounded like someone I'd have fun reading about.

I am impressed - I'm not sure I could have gone on my own like that. I know you had company for most of it, but it's still a big step. I just wish you'd had better weather!

Can't wait for more!
It was a really big step and I had some moments on the trip where I didn't think it was a good idea but after the entire trip I am really glad that I did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
LL, I was tearing up at the thought of you tearing up as you said good-bye to Marc. That must have been so hard!

AGGGHH! That stinks that you lost some of your pins!

Um, Jen, you took all those pics of the inside of Goofy's, but no pictures of the pretzel rods that you made???

And then, when I thought I was all finished tearing up, I teared up again as you spotted Jen in the parking lot!

Okay, I am ready for the next part.
I totally cried at the airport, I felt like such a fool but that I guess that is just who I am.

Stay tuned on the pins, I have a funny story to tell you later on in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Thanks for updating. I have been quitely stalking your thread all day.

I cannot wait to see the Celebrate decorations, the sign from DTD has me super excited.

Love Goofy's-can almost taste the pretzel rods, is it wrong that I am not going until August and I already know what I will order on them.
You might be lucky and get another update today. So far Marc and I have been doing the, "I don't know what do you want to do" game all morning.

I really liked the Celebrate Decorations. I love the happy Mickey Ear balloons all over the place, they just make you smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
I'm joining in on this TR and I'm going to try not to be such a lurker (as I was on the PTR!)

I'm sorry to hear about all the rain. One of my Disney trips was like that and it was definitely challenging!

Great start! I can't wait for more...
Thanks for joining in! It is challenging with the rain but I really did try to make the best out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Oh LL, I know those kind of goodbyes, they are hard!!!! But as they say, absense makes the heart grow fonder, I'm sure you and Marc had a wonderful hello when you got home!!!

Yay, you're finally meeting Jen!! Can't wait to hear more!!!
Absence does make the heart grow fonder, I am firm believer of that.
It was so exciting meeting Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
LL, I am sad, I sure hope there are some happy moments to report. I hope you did indeed have some great fun on your trip, even without Marc....
There are lots and lots of happy moments to report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Ah, such a cute update! LL, you are so sweet! Great pics and update
Thanks! I still need to catch up on your report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
First off all the wonderful idea of making sure I left the night before and staying was great because I was so much more ready for Friday by doing that. I loved DTD and I really loved Goofy's Candy Co LOL IT was great, but the best part was when I got the phone call from LL saying she had arrived WOOT!!!! YAY!!!!

LL...what a great update! THis being one of the first times you would be away from Marc for such a long time I know was very hard for you, but I know you made the most of it and as many have said absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Well woman you have inspired me...I am not going to let you get this TR done before mine so I'm going to update tomorrow while I have nothing to do all day WOOT!! So I'm off to upload pictures to my photobucket...although I really like your setup...maybe I should use that instead LOL!
WOOT! It was hard being away from Marc, I realized what a rock he is for me but I did have fun. It was just a different kind of trip but that doesn't mean it was bad at all!

I love the way I setup my smugmug account. So much easier to sort the pictures by day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Great start....!

Crying always makes me cry..I'm a wimp....
Thanks. I'm a wimp too. I cry at the silliest things. You know what really gets me...those hallmark commercials during the hallmark movies. Even though I have seen most of them for years and years, I still cry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
yes...yes I do agree!!!!

LL great update!!! I love Southwest too...I'll be hard pressed to use another airline if it's available!

mmmmm it's 6am and I want PRETZEL RODS!!!

Paula
I agree about Southwest, it's just a great airline. And funny too! I forgot to say how one of the flight attendants was pretending to be a galloping horse as we landed. HEEEEEEE-LARIOUS!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #86
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Great update! I got teary too. How sweet. Love that Marc texted he was proud of you. I've never thought to bring a dvd player on the plane. That would make the time go by more quickly!

Boo to losing pins!

Weird on ME. I always have to go to the desk too. Hmmm... maybe they were expediting b/c it was a holiday week? Oh dear, now I don't know what to do when I get there. This is the kind of stuff I stress about.

Oh and at the image of you racing the Dad w/ four suitcases and then surging ahead when his kid trips! For the record hope the kid is ok.

Jen- you got some lovely shots of Downtown Disney! By any chance do you check out the Tren-D store?

Ok I could totally hear the swelling music in my head as the ME bus pulls up and LL sees Jen for the first time.

More, please!!
I never thought to bring a DVD player either but I did really enjoy having it on the way down. Especially since I was able to drool over Edward Cullen for two hours.

The lady met me right at the part where you go into line for the ME Desk and pointed me right to the bus line, so I am sure you won't have to stress over it too much.

The kid who tripped was just fine. I wasn't trying to race him, really. He was making it a competition. Then he tried to get in line with all of his luggage and the CM did not like that at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
You are off to a great start on this report. I got teary-eyed a few times on the March trip, since I didn't have even one of my kids with me. I especially missed Brooklynn at all of her favorite rides and places. It was still fun, but there was an important piece of the magic missing.

The Goofy's Candy Company pictures are good. Pretzel rods are the perfect mix of salty and sweet. Jill said we're going to spend more time in there creating yummy concoctions this time.

Have you caught up on sleep, and are you fully detoxed back into the real world now? It usually takes several days. I'm always doing the 'This time last week, we were....' thing until the last second, and then I truly feel like I'm back in the real world when my week is up and I can no longer play that game.

Of course, I then start looking ahead to the next trip and playing 'Six months from no, we'll be.....'.
Well put, MeMom. There was a bit of the magic missing but I am glad that I did do this trip.

I have not caught up on sleep yet. I am not completely detoxed yet either. I did find myself yesterday playing the, a week ago I was in DHS game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Aww that's cute you cried at the airport. I know it's not quite the same as leaving a spouse but on our trip in '06 I almost started crying when my sister and I left because our dad was staying down a few extra days until my mom and other sister came down. I can be emotional too.

Can't wait for more!
I sometimes get a little teary when I say goodbye to my parents when they are leaving on vacation.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:18 AM   #87
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Oh LL, I can absolutely relate. My husband calls me the Town Crier, and if a movie gets the least bit sentimental, my family starts peering at me to see if I'm crying. Yep, usually. What a sweet guy you've got to text that he was proud of you.

Jen, great pics of a virtually empty Goofy's. I can't wait to make some treats there. Yummy!
Marc does that too! Starts watching me instead of the movie when he thinks I am going to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yeah .....the trip has begun with a successful flight and arrival at All Star Music. Can't wait to hear about your impressions of the resort. I actually really like it there. Which building did you stay in? Did you visit the other All Stars? I think they are all so fun to look at?
Oh, MEK. I am not going to give away information like that! You have to wait until the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Yeah!! The trip report has started!

I can imaine how hard it must have been to set off that morning saying goodbye to Marc. At least you were leaving for Disney, right?
Exactly. I was going to Disney so it wasn't all sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamgtr09 View Post
Totally makes sense!

Great start so far! Glad the flight went well, I don't like flying by myself either!
It was my first time flying by myself so it was a little scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
OK, your first update made me cry...at what? Not you crying on the way to the airport. not you crying at your quick goodbye to Marc. Not you crying when Marc sent you a sweet text.

I cried at the image in my mind of you pulling up in ME and seeing Jen waiting for you! That is soooooo exiciting!!!!! Lucky you LL have been a part of both of the gnomie meets so far!
Hehehe. Thanks, Katie. I've had a blast meeting two of the gnomies so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydusted View Post
Awww, you cried at the airport! I do that too!! It is so hard to leave your husband! So glad you had your DIS buddy there at Disney waiting for you! Now we are off to the adventures of LL and Jen! I am looking forward to this TR!
The adventures are quite fun! I can't wait to write some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poegirl30 View Post
Great beginning! What a sweet story...I bet it was hard leaving your DH at the airport. Goodbyes stink. Great pics of DTD! My kids love the legos statues, and my DS wants to know how he can get THAT job!
Goodbyes do stink! That would be a really cool job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
for leaving Marc at the airport. I know what that feels like and its not fun!

I seriously got goosebumps when you saw Jen across the parking lot. I'm a weirdo.
You are not a weirdo!! It was very surreal seeing her for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&R love Disney View Post
I'm ready to after reading about you crying.

I can't wait to read more!
I might just do an update later today, we'll see. Depends on if we decide to do anything or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Aw LL! What a good husband you have! Such a wonderful 1st update..but of course you leave off with seeing Jen at the parking lot!
I can't wait to hear about your girls' first meeting!!
I do have the best husband, he's so good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Yay! The trip has begun! Sorry to hear about the rain but I'm sure you guys still had an amazing time! I can't wait to hear more!
We did have an amazing time despite the rain!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #88
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Love the update- can't wait to read about your first meet w/Jen! I got a big grin on my face to picture her waiting there for you!!!

I got so excited thinking about leaving for the airport and checking into my SW flight in Sept!! And even for next month- we're flying w/them to Florida.

Can't wait for the next one!

Last edited by julezdisney; 06-02-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #89
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Loved the update! Can't wait to hear more! Sounds like you have a prince of a husband too!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #90
belle8306
DIS Veteran

You are off to a great start! We took our DVD player on our last trip and I was so glad that we had it on the plane. It made the time go by really fast. I am sorry about your pins though!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: