Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #46
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Okay, wait. Maybe it was a little, but I was just kidding. It's possible I may have even asked Tink's BF if I could borrow her.
That would have been an interesting conversation.

Quote:
In my case, it happened to be that I wanted to go to the World with Tink. My DIS twin. My long lost sister. The Luke to my Leia. The Romy to my Michele. The Laverne to my...did we ever really decide which one of us was which?
You just know I'm going to be thinking of the two of you as Romy and Michele now don't you?

Quote:
Hi, my name is TK, and I'm a Jack Sparrow-aholic.
Direct and to the point. TK's Disney self summed up in one sentence.

Quote:
I can't tell you what she means to me. I can't put it all into words. There are things that I can tell her that I don't admit to anyone. And I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for a friend like that. I went through a sad period of a lack of quality friends, and it was depressing.

I mean, we all have our families, but not much beats the friendship shared between women.
This is wonderful. I can so relate. I think it gets even harder as we get older too.

Quote:
I'd like to pretend I was creative. I'd like to pretend that I thought up something really interesting and funny and witty and wonderful.

But basically, the IM convo went something like this.

TK - "Hey, Tink."

Tink - said something amazingly witty and clever in response

TK - "I have an idea....a proposal if you will."

Tink - "Yes?"

TK - "Will you....could you....would you go to Disney World with me?"

Tink - "YES!!!!"

Or something like that. We can ask her how she remembers it.
Again, wonderfully straight and to the point! (Lawyers must love you! )

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #47
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

The Proposal and The Big Day

To distinguish my chapters from my replies to other's comments, look for the Pink Tink Ink!

After my Sept. trip with Missy, I really had no idea when my next trip to the World would be. At the time, despite some heavy PDD (Post Disney Depression) I was mostly ok with that. I had a TR in the works to at least give me some Disney every day and my personal/work life was out-of-control busy.

TK, however, had other plans.

She wined and dined me. (Ok. Technically she dined BF and I and we wined her and her DH over a Christmas visit.)

She wooed me with pictures of her and her family. WITH HEADS!

And then, she proposed.

I mean really, what girl in her right mind would say no to 3 nights in the World with her BFF???

Of course I accepted. And then needed to "ask" BF. Not so much for permission but to make sure that he wasn't going to be REALLY sad that I might go to the World without him.

You know, considering my dear BF's passionate love affair with all things Disney.

scoff scoff scoff

BF was ok with it and gave us his blessing. And then promptly changed the channel and proceeded to forget about the trip altoghther.

What is it with men? Every week for the last 4 weeks before we left he'd ask me when I was going and when I was coming back! Write. It. Down.

Anywho. We worked out the details and the dates. And as TK said, this isn't a PTR so most of those details will be revealed in due course. But here are a few hints:

Where we stayed: It was a hotel. On Disney property. With beds.
What we ate: Copious amounts of food.
What we did: Visited the House of Mouse.

Heh, heh, heh. I can be PURE EVIL PIXIE sometimes.

However, at this point, it seems prudent to clarify our dates:

5/23/09-5/26/09

As the trip approached we got more and more giddy. First we were counting down days to when we could make ADRs. Then we were counting down days until the double digits. Then single digits. And, no joke, at some point the number of hours was involved.

Do you know how hard it was NOT to have a ticker in my siggie?!

But finally, 5/22/09 arrived. That was MY first day of vacation, despite us not leaving until the next day. TK was working her full day (poor thing). I worked a half day and then raced home to finish up any packing I had left and to run a couple of errands. The plan was for me to stay at TK's the night before as we would be flying together out of her local airport instead of flying out separately.

And so my journey began.

But let me say this. What would a Tinkerbellarella Disney TR report be without car trouble?

Poor TK, by the time I arrived at her house (which takes about 2 hours from where I am) my hair was probably sticking up all over the place and I looked like I needed a straight jacket.

Why?

Well Lola, my pretty little Civic, needs two new tires. And an alignment. And balancing. Badly. But apparently more than I really understood pre-road-trip-to-TK's. You see, the trip route that I allowed my GPS (who's name is Jane, BTW) to choose for me was all highway. Where the speed limit is 65mph.

Well, guess what Tink found out?
That her car needs tires, an alignment and balancing so badly that it shakes. A lot. Any time Tink drives over 60mph. And especially downhill.

Seriously, after 2.5 hours driving 55-58 in the low speed lane, being passed up by every semi in creation carrying God knows what and terrified that my car would spontaneously explode into a million shiny pieces I'd never been so happy to see TK's place.

I started to decompress when she arrived home from work shortly after I got to her place and we got my luggage inside.

By the way, it can't be overstated, TK and her family are lovely. They made me tacos. Her DS calls me Auntie Tink. Her DH teases me as if I was one of the family.

After dinner and finding two little sparrows performing "adult activities" on her porch (NO JOKE, after the initial shock and awe we were hysterical), I talked to BF for a bit, to let him know I'd arrived safely, if not panic-stricken and anxiety ridden and then bid him adieu and good night. I missed him already.

TK's DS headed off to beddy-bye with his daddy in tow and storybook in hand (collective "AWWWWW") and TK and I settled onto the couch to get in some great girly-chat and to paint our toes.

Seriously? We know how to do a sleepover.

I remember looking at the clock at 9:00 thinking, 'We should hit the hay soon if we have to be up at 6:00.'

I thought the same thing at 9:30.

10:00.

Finally, at 11:30 we conceded that if we didn't go to sleep, the next day could be disastrous.

But it was hard. As TK so eloquently and sweetly described above, we have a real bond. I am Luke, she's Leia. I'm Romy, she's Michelle. And I definitely think I'm Shirley, TK, and you're Laverne.

I, ironically, used to have gerbils named Laverne and Shirley.

Moving on.

We talked about so much, in that way that is soul-touching, heart-warming and deep. We are so much alike and yet our differences offer just enough perspective and objectivity that it's nothing if not beneficial. I certainly won't share here everything we discussed. It's far too personal and private. However I WILL tell you we both painted our toes a sassy red.

The Force was with...our feet.

We retired, sleepy and excited, ready to wake up the next morning and head to the World.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #48
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Love it!!! Loooking forward to more!

Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #49
Tinkerbellarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
OH MY GOD!!! YOU FOUND A DANCING PINEAPPLE!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!

HEY V! LOOK! IT'S A DANCING PINEAPPLE!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #50
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
To distinguish my chapters from my replies to other's comments, look for the Pink Tink Ink!

And if you like to drink pink ink, then you should get a nink, I think...

Oops....wrong story. Sorry! For some reason I just feel so Seusserrific around you....

Quote:
After my Sept. trip with Missy, I really had no idea when my next trip to the World would be. At the time, despite some heavy PDD (Post Disney Depression) I was mostly ok with that. I had a TR in the works to at least give me some Disney every day and my personal/work life was out-of-control busy.

Doesn't she always?!.....

Quote:
I mean really, what girl in her right mind would say no to 3 nights in the World with her BFF???

Quote:
Of course I accepted. And then needed to "ask" BF. Not so much for permission but to make sure that he wasn't going to be REALLY sad that I might go to the World without him.

You know, considering my dear BF's passionate love affair with all things Disney.
*snort*laugh*.....

Quote:
Heh, heh, heh. I can be PURE EVIL PIXIE sometimes.
Hmm, not so sure about that. Sneaky?....heck yeah!! But evil?...not so much. Devils don't wear tiaras, kwim?!

Quote:
As the trip approached we got more and more giddy. First we were counting down days to when we could make ADRs. Then we were counting down days until the double digits. Then single digits. And, no joke, at some point the number of hours was involved.
Dude. Would it be a countdown if they were not?! Just sayin'....

Quote:
After dinner and finding two little sparrows performing "adult activities" on her porch (NO JOKE, after the initial shock and awe we were hysterical), ....
Well that explains a lot! For some reason eating at Casey's comes to mind...

Quote:
We talked about so much, in that way that is soul-touching, heart-warming and deep. We are so much alike and yet our differences offer just enough perspective and objectivity that it's nothing if not beneficial. I certainly won't share here everything we discussed. It's far too personal and private. However I WILL tell you we both painted our toes a sassy red.

WATCH OUT, people!!.....TK and Tink are armed and about to take on the World!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #51
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:

Awww I am your hero.
I thought you might like those. I saw that comment about wanting some, but I couldn't remember if it was on this thread or your other one. I think it was the other one.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #52
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I can just tell what an amazing time you all had......say, you were there at the same time LL was!!!! Is there a DISmeet in our future?!?!?!?!?!??!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #53
Tinkerbellarella

Quote:
No, it wasn't indecent.
No, what was indecent was the little public display put on by those sparrows on your deck.

Quote:
It's possible I may have even asked Tink's BF if I could borrow her.
This sounds weird, yes, but in real life it's not as weird as it sounds.

Quote:
And a bit desirous of a trip to the World where I could do what I wanted.

When I wanted.

Where I wanted.
Something different?

Quote:
An idea to go to the World with Tink. Who, quite frankly, has not only enlightened my life but become my dearest friend in the world and World, the only exception being my husband.

I can't tell you what she means to me. I can't put it all into words. There are things that I can tell her that I don't admit to anyone. And I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for a friend like that. I went through a sad period of a lack of quality friends, and it was depressing.

I mean, we all have our families, but not much beats the friendship shared between women.

It's the bond.

Of the sisterhood.
Awwwww. Ditto, my friend.

Quote:
The wariness in his voice is well warranted, he can tell this is my I'm about to ask you something interesting voice.
CHA-CHING!

You know what that sound is? More being added to TK's Debt to Be Repaid.

Quote:
Tink - said something amazingly witty and clever in response.
This made me snortlaugh.

Quote:
TK - "I have an idea....a proposal if you will."
Dude. So EXACTLY what you said, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post

And if you like to drink pink ink, then you should get a nink, I think...

Oops....wrong story. Sorry! For some reason I just feel so Seusserrific around you....

You're Seusstastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3;32093995[COLOR=Black

[/COLOR]
Oh good LORD we were bad that night! Must've been something in the...well, something we'd had earlier in the day. Don't want to give too much away.

Quote:
Awww I am your hero.
I now have Bonnie Tyler's "I Need A Hero" stuck in my head. LOL

Quote:
I thought you might like those. I saw that comment about wanting some, but I couldn't remember if it was on this thread or your other one. I think it was the other one.
It was the other one but seriously, m'dear, that's SO awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I can just tell what an amazing time you all had......say, you were there at the same time LL was!!!! Is there a DISmeet in our future?!?!?!?!?!??!
Technically that question has three answers: No, Yes and Almost.

All in due time, my friend, all in due time.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #54
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:

She wined and dined me. (Ok. Technically she dined BF and I and we wined her and her DH over a Christmas visit.)
Hmmm, now we all know the way to Tink's Disney heart.
Quote:
She wooed me with pictures of her and her family. WITH HEADS!
That would do it!

Quote:
One that would need to have her pineapple revoked that's who. I'm so glad you didn't force us to have to do that.

Quote:
BF was ok with it and gave us his blessing. And then promptly changed the channel and proceeded to forget about the trip altoghther.
Are you begining to run a debt tally to be repaid too?

Quote:
What we ate: Copious amounts of food.
What we did: Visited the House of Mouse.
All signs of a quality vacation. I keep trying to guess where by TK's first picture. The bright yellow is throwing me. I'm going to have to guess POP, with CB as my backup.

Quote:
But finally, 5/22/09 arrived. That was MY first day of vacation, despite us not leaving until the next day. TK was working her full day (poor thing). I worked a half day and then raced home to finish up any packing I had left and to run a couple of errands.
Hopefully you didn't rub this in too badly.

Quote:
But let me say this. What would a Tinkerbellarella Disney TR report be without car trouble?

Quote:
Well Lola, my pretty little Civic, needs two new tires. And an alignment. And balancing. Badly. But apparently more than I really understood pre-road-trip-to-TK's. You see, the trip route that I allowed my GPS (who's name is Jane, BTW) to choose for me was all highway. Where the speed limit is 65mph.
Isn't this the BF's job to make sure you don't hit the road with a messed up car? Seriously I thought that's one of the reasons we keep men around. (Not a very important one, but one of them).

Quote:
By the way, it can't be overstated, TK and her family are lovely. They made me tacos. Her DS calls me Auntie Tink. Her DH teases me as if I was one of the family.
Auntie Tink, I love it!

Quote:
TK's DS headed off to beddy-bye with his daddy in tow and storybook in hand (collective "AWWWWW") and TK and I settled onto the couch to get in some great girly-chat and to paint our toes.

It's good to know that we don't lose such important knowledge as we grow up.

Quote:
But it was hard. As TK so eloquently and sweetly described above, we have a real bond. I am Luke, she's Leia. I'm Romy, she's Michelle. And I definitely think I'm Shirley, TK, and you're Laverne.

I, ironically, used to have gerbils named Laverne and Shirley.
Noooo, no Laverne and Shirley. I always keep thinking of how they hated each other in real life.

Now I'll just sit patiently and wait for more.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #55
jmamom
Mouseketeer

Is it weird to be so excited about a trip report that A) I did not go on and B) a trip where I know neither of the reporters?? Loving it so far, don't tease us for too long!!!

October 2001 at the Wilderness Lodge
September 2009 at the Polynesian
Old 06-02-2009, 04:13 PM   #56
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Just a warning.

This is going to be one heck of a multi-quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
You just know I'm going to be thinking of the two of you as Romy and Michele now don't you?
I so love that movie.

Quote:
Direct and to the point. TK's Disney self summed up in one sentence.
Although I can be rather verbose and confusing, much like the good captain, every now and then, I come out with a concise nugget like that.

Quote:
Again, wonderfully straight and to the point! (Lawyers must love you! )
It's funny you mention that. I've had several people tell me I missed my true calling, in the field of law. Funny thing is, it's one of the careers my Granddad considered. Another funny thing is we're both very good actors.

Coincidence?

Quote:

Where you live?

Quote:

And what would a TK TR be without someone getting sick?

Quote:

Poor TK, by the time I arrived at her house (which takes about 2 hours from where I am) my hair was probably sticking up all over the place and I looked like I needed a straight jacket.
Actually, you looked quite lovely, but very, very stressed. I felt badly.

Quote:

Aw, shuckles. We think you're alright, too.

Quote:

After dinner and finding two little sparrows performing "adult activities" on her porch (NO JOKE, after the initial shock and awe we were hysterical),
Part of me is surprised you mention the sparrow action...heh heh...and part of me is hysterical. It's too bad you didn't have a camera trained on my face when I figured out what they were doing.

Quote:

I remember looking at the clock at 9:00 thinking, 'We should hit the hay soon if we have to be up at 6:00.'

I thought the same thing at 9:30.

10:00.

Finally, at 11:30 we conceded that if we didn't go to sleep, the next day could be disastrous.
First of all, I am horrible at sleeping on Disney Vacation Eve. Throw a girlfriend into the mix? OMG, I don't remember the last time...wait, that's a lie. The last time I had a sleepover with friends was my bachelorette party.

:::ahem:::

On June 22, we'll have been married for seven years.

:::ahem:::

Quote:
DANCING PINEAPPLES!!!!!!!!!!

Way to bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Doesn't she always?!.....
Hey! I resemble that remark.

Quote:
Devils don't wear tiaras, kwim?!
That so should have been the trip report title.

Quote:

I don't know why you would ever say such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Actually, there is, but it's not with who you may think.

Quote:
No, what was indecent was the little public display put on by those sparrows on your deck.
Indeed.

Quote:
Something different?
SOMETHING NEW!!!! I swear, I learned it from him.

Quote:
CHA-CHING!

You know what that sound is? More being added to TK's Debt to Be Repaid.
It is vast. Given that I'd really like to stay deluxe in 2010, it'll be even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
All signs of a quality vacation. I keep trying to guess where by TK's first picture. The bright yellow is throwing me. I'm going to have to guess POP, with CB as my backup.
I wondered if anyone would be able to tell from the color.

Quote:
Auntie Tink, I love it!
DS asks for his Auntie Tink on a regular basis. Matter of fact, yesterday, it was more of a whiny...."I..wa-ant...Auntie Ti-ink."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmamom View Post
Is it weird to be so excited about a trip report that A) I did not go on and B) a trip where I know neither of the reporters?? Loving it so far, don't tease us for too long!!!
Short answer: no.

Long answer: to the DIS!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #57
Jagdcarcajou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
LOL, nothing like a little post cross-over.

"I happen to have no dress in my cabin."
Capt. Jack
Old 06-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #58
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
My only regret is that I did not get to meet you. Which just means that we'll have to do that at some point.
Done - we'll make it happen for sure!

Quote:
So very, very true!

Quote:
How to ask my dear friend if she would share a trip with me to the World...

But basically, the IM convo went something like this.
This cracked me up! Because I can count on one hand the number of times my very dearest DIS friends and I have talked on the phone... but I just deleted 2000+ setn emails to those same people!

Quote:
Had I made the phone call instead of TK you'd have understood we were all likely in the same, exact boat that day. So it's all good, my friend. We both figured something came up and both hoped you were all ok.
I felt really bad about it, so thanks for understanding!

Quote:
Do you know how hard it was NOT to have a ticker in my siggie?!
Yup. I swore I wouldn't post another. Look down.

D'OH!

Quote:
NOOO! Again?!

Quote:

SHUT - UP?!?!?!
That there garners a few dancing bananamen AND a creepy dancing guy! I'm so saving that for future use - thank you!!!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 06-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #59
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Old 06-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #60
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Done - we'll make it happen for sure!
When are you going again?

Quote:
This cracked me up! Because I can count on one hand the number of times my very dearest DIS friends and I have talked on the phone... but I just deleted 2000+ setn emails to those same people!
Tink and I are the same way. And a few other DISers I can think of! It's funny, e-mail is just such an easy way to communicate.

Quote:

Good lord woman! What do you want from me?

I promise, the next installment is coming soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: