Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #61
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Hi! I read most of your PTR while you were gone, after seeing you post on so many other TRs...you sounded like someone I'd have fun reading about.

I am impressed - I'm not sure I could have gone on my own like that. I know you had company for most of it, but it's still a big step. I just wish you'd had better weather!

Can't wait for more!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 06-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #62
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

LL, I was tearing up at the thought of you tearing up as you said good-bye to Marc. That must have been so hard!

AGGGHH! That stinks that you lost some of your pins!

Um, Jen, you took all those pics of the inside of Goofy's, but no pictures of the pretzel rods that you made???

And then, when I thought I was all finished tearing up, I teared up again as you spotted Jen in the parking lot!

Okay, I am ready for the next part.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #63
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Thanks for updating. I have been quitely stalking your thread all day.

I cannot wait to see the Celebrate decorations, the sign from DTD has me super excited.

Love Goofy's-can almost taste the pretzel rods, is it wrong that I am not going until August and I already know what I will order on them.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #64
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in on this TR and I'm going to try not to be such a lurker (as I was on the PTR!)

I'm sorry to hear about all the rain. One of my Disney trips was like that and it was definitely challenging!

Great start! I can't wait for more...
Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #65
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Oh LL, I know those kind of goodbyes, they are hard!!!! But as they say, absense makes the heart grow fonder, I'm sure you and Marc had a wonderful hello when you got home!!!

Yay, you're finally meeting Jen!! Can't wait to hear more!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #66
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

LL, I am sad, I sure hope there are some happy moments to report. I hope you did indeed have some great fun on your trip, even without Marc....
Old 06-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #67
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Ah, such a cute update! LL, you are so sweet! Great pics and update
Old 06-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #68
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

First off all the wonderful idea of making sure I left the night before and staying was great because I was so much more ready for Friday by doing that. I loved DTD and I really loved Goofy's Candy Co LOL IT was great, but the best part was when I got the phone call from LL saying she had arrived WOOT!!!! YAY!!!!

LL...what a great update! THis being one of the first times you would be away from Marc for such a long time I know was very hard for you, but I know you made the most of it and as many have said absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Well woman you have inspired me...I am not going to let you get this TR done before mine so I'm going to update tomorrow while I have nothing to do all day WOOT!! So I'm off to upload pictures to my photobucket...although I really like your setup...maybe I should use that instead LOL!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 06-02-2009, 04:57 AM   #70
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
No. I didn't do one cause I think they are bad luck! I've always been afraid that if I start one, my trip will get canceled. I know that Paula agrees with me on this theory.
yes...yes I do agree!!!!

LL great update!!! I love Southwest too...I'll be hard pressed to use another airline if it's available!

mmmmm it's 6am and I want PRETZEL RODS!!!

Paula
Old 06-02-2009, 05:14 AM   #71
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Great update! I got teary too. How sweet. Love that Marc texted he was proud of you. I've never thought to bring a dvd player on the plane. That would make the time go by more quickly!

Boo to losing pins!

Weird on ME. I always have to go to the desk too. Hmmm... maybe they were expediting b/c it was a holiday week? Oh dear, now I don't know what to do when I get there. This is the kind of stuff I stress about.

Oh and at the image of you racing the Dad w/ four suitcases and then surging ahead when his kid trips! For the record hope the kid is ok.

Jen- you got some lovely shots of Downtown Disney! By any chance do you check out the Tren-D store?

Ok I could totally hear the swelling music in my head as the ME bus pulls up and LL sees Jen for the first time.

More, please!!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:00 AM   #72
MeMom
DIS Veteran

You are off to a great start on this report. I got teary-eyed a few times on the March trip, since I didn't have even one of my kids with me. I especially missed Brooklynn at all of her favorite rides and places. It was still fun, but there was an important piece of the magic missing.

The Goofy's Candy Company pictures are good. Pretzel rods are the perfect mix of salty and sweet. Jill said we're going to spend more time in there creating yummy concoctions this time.

Have you caught up on sleep, and are you fully detoxed back into the real world now? It usually takes several days. I'm always doing the 'This time last week, we were....' thing until the last second, and then I truly feel like I'm back in the real world when my week is up and I can no longer play that game.

Of course, I then start looking ahead to the next trip and playing 'Six months from no, we'll be.....'.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:59 AM   #73
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Aww that's cute you cried at the airport. I know it's not quite the same as leaving a spouse but on our trip in '06 I almost started crying when my sister and I left because our dad was staying down a few extra days until my mom and other sister came down. I can be emotional too.

Can't wait for more!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 06-02-2009, 07:09 AM   #74
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Oh LL, I can absolutely relate. My husband calls me the Town Crier, and if a movie gets the least bit sentimental, my family starts peering at me to see if I'm crying. Yep, usually. What a sweet guy you've got to text that he was proud of you.

Jen, great pics of a virtually empty Goofy's. I can't wait to make some treats there. Yummy!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #75
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yeah .....the trip has begun with a successful flight and arrival at All Star Music. Can't wait to hear about your impressions of the resort. I actually really like it there. Which building did you stay in? Did you visit the other All Stars? I think they are all so fun to look at?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: