Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #31
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
It's quite possible that Tink may even be doctoring my headless shots, but that's all I can say about that right now.
This I can't wait to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellarella View Post
Isn't it lovely when someone tells me something not only that you didn't need to know but that you certainly never ever WANTED to know???
Very scary. I'm always amazed at what people will tell complete strangers. Maybe I should get a job working for HBO's Taxicab confessions?

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 06-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #32
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegoMom3 View Post
Alright, alright, enough banter and write the TR already!!!!!!!!!

Ask, and ye shall receive. Although a "please" would have been nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Oh my goodness!!!!!!

Another TK TR!!!!

I can't believe you kept this a secret! How in the world? When?

I will never, ever be away from the DIS for a week...ever again!
Ha ha! Except when you go to Disney, right?

It was hard to keep it from you. Trust me. Very, very hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I'm in!

Wait... am I allowed in?

I'm so sorry we never caught up. Trust me - we weren't good company, my family and I, at that time. Too hot, too tired and not feeling good.

I'm looking forward to the report, though!
You are so allowed in! Quite frankly, at the time, Tink and I definitely fit that description as well, but that's all I'm going to say about that.

My only regret is that I did not get to meet you. Which just means that we'll have to do that at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
Very scary. I'm always amazed at what people will tell complete strangers. Maybe I should get a job working for HBO's Taxicab confessions?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #33
TarzansKat

The Proposal

No, it wasn't indecent.

Okay, wait. Maybe it was a little, but I was just kidding. It's possible I may have even asked Tink's BF if I could borrow her.

In all seriousness, every trip starts as an idea. An idea that you want to go the World. That you want to do certain things. That you'd like to share those things with a certain someone.

In my case, it happened to be that I wanted to go to the World with Tink. My DIS twin. My long lost sister. The Luke to my Leia. The Romy to my Michele. The Laverne to my...did we ever really decide which one of us was which?

Anyway, this isn't a pre trip report, it's a trip report, but before we start talking about what we did, I figured you all would like a little background.

Hi, my name is TK, and I'm a Jack Sparrow-aholic.

That about sums it up. Now I happened to take a trip with my mom, nana, and my four year old son in December of 2008. After that trip, I was a bit tired. A bit happy and a bit dissappointed. And a bit desirous of a trip to the World where I could do what I wanted.

When I wanted.

Where I wanted.

To heck with the consequences!!!!

Pirate.

But I wasn't ready for a solo trip. And so rolling around in my head like a pinball in a machine, hitting into certain parts of my brain making those ding noises and such was an idea.

An idea to go to the World with Tink. Who, quite frankly, has not only enlightened my life but become my dearest friend in the world and World, the only exception being my husband.

I can't tell you what she means to me. I can't put it all into words. There are things that I can tell her that I don't admit to anyone. And I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for a friend like that. I went through a sad period of a lack of quality friends, and it was depressing.

I mean, we all have our families, but not much beats the friendship shared between women.

It's the bond.

Of the sisterhood.

YA YA!!!!!

Anyway, now that you know roughly how we met, and roughly how close we are, let's suffice it to say that my little idea eventually got voiced to my husband.

TK - "Honey?"

TK's DH (who bears a remarking resemblance to Jack Sparrow) - "Yes?" The wariness in his voice is well warranted, he can tell this is my I'm about to ask you something interesting voice.

TK - "What do you think if I went to Disney World with Tink?"

TK's DH - "Okay. When?"

Ahhhh....and so the idea was born. Or maybe I asked her first and then told him. Who can say? Either way, once the man gave the green light, all systems were GO.

But only, how to propose.

How to ask my dear friend if she would share a trip with me to the World.

Hmmm.....

I'd like to pretend I was creative. I'd like to pretend that I thought up something really interesting and funny and witty and wonderful.

But basically, the IM convo went something like this.

TK - "Hey, Tink."

Tink - said something amazingly witty and clever in response

TK - "I have an idea....a proposal if you will."

Tink - "Yes?"

TK - "Will you....could you....would you go to Disney World with me?"

Tink - "YES!!!!"

Or something like that. We can ask her how she remembers it.

And that dear friends, is how this trip was born.

Now we definitely had our ideas about when we wanted to go (which mostly involved convenience for my DH since he'd be responsible for DS the whole time), and where we wanted to stay, and OF COURSE what we wanted to eat, but that will all be revealed in due course.

As I said, this is a trip report.

And without further ado, I turn the forum over to my dear friend, Tink, and the beginning of day one.

Take it away!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #34
maroo
DIS Veteran

oh, this is going to be FABULOUS!!!!!

I am almost glad we did not get a pre-trippie!! This is so much better! A two for one, if you will!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #35
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
oh, this is going to be FABULOUS!!!!!
Dude. I'm excited that you're excited!

Quote:
I am almost glad we did not get a pre-trippie!! This is so much better! A two for one, if you will!
Words I thought no one would ever say. Honestly, I'm glad we pulled off this surprise. I think it's more interesting this way, given that I've been so traditional in the past. And this was not a traditional trip. Not in any sense of the word.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #36
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Quote:
And this was not a traditional trip. Not in any sense of the word.
The best kind!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #37
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear Tink's version of how this went down!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #38
PaMom001
Used to be good at dodging
You have piqued my interest and I'm heading over

Quote:
I'm in!

Wait... am I allowed in?

I'm so sorry we never caught up. Trust me - we weren't good company, my family and I, at that time. Too hot, too tired and not feeling good.

I'm looking forward to the report, though!
OMG, OMG!! It's V!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #39
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

AHHHHHHH THE SUSPENSE!!!!!! You are KILLING me girlie..............but I secretly LOVE it!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #40
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Quote:
I can't tell you what she means to me. I can't put it all into words. There are things that I can tell her that I don't admit to anyone. And I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for a friend like that. I went through a sad period of a lack of quality friends, and it was depressing.

I mean, we all have our families, but not much beats the friendship shared between women.

It's the bond.

Of the sisterhood.

YA YA!!!!!
I so understand what you mean as I have no friends like that now. I sooooo miss it. I too am glad that we didn't get a ptr it is more fun this way I think.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #41
Pollito916
Some day my Prince will come and I'll live in the castle...
I do NOT have a Chicaaahgo accent!

It's about time you two got hitched!

Seriously, I can't wait to read the rest of this trip report. One favor TK, can you make sure Tink finishes this one?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #42
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Don't feel bad, maroo, I was only gone for 3 days and look what happens!?! Seriously, this is gonna be great!- and so very reminescent of our own trip's inception. Only we aren't keeping ours a secret! We started our PTR a year and a half before it! Silly gooses, we are.

I so can't wait to see what you two have cooked up and served. I think that's what I'm looking forward to most- doing whatever I want (mostly) when I want to, and not having to worry about who likes what food, what ride, etc...

Old 06-02-2009, 05:01 AM   #43
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What a lovely proposal. I find myself sitting here thinking, "would you rather have someone propose marriage?" "or going to WDW?" Sadly I can't decide.

I am sure you gals had a fun time and am looking forward to hearing where you stayed and OF COURSE where you ate!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:01 AM   #44
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
The best kind!
Right on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Can't wait to hear Tink's version of how this went down!
I'm sure her memory is better than mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMom001 View Post
OMG, OMG!! It's V!!!
She has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
AHHHHHHH THE SUSPENSE!!!!!! You are KILLING me girlie..............but I secretly LOVE it!!!!
Heh heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I so understand what you mean as I have no friends like that now. I sooooo miss it. I too am glad that we didn't get a ptr it is more fun this way I think.
Don't worry. You'll find a friend like that again, I promise. If it could happen to me, it could happen to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito916 View Post
It's about time you two got hitched!
I know. Quite frankly, we were borderline indecent.

Quote:
Seriously, I can't wait to read the rest of this trip report. One favor TK, can you make sure Tink finishes this one?
Oh, she won't have a choice. I'm way too excited about this report to not finish it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Don't feel bad, maroo, I was only gone for 3 days and look what happens!?! Seriously, this is gonna be great!- and so very reminescent of our own trip's inception. Only we aren't keeping ours a secret! We started our PTR a year and a half before it! Silly gooses, we are.
No, not silly gooses! I love your PTR!

Quote:
doing whatever I want (mostly) when I want to, and not having to worry about who likes what food, what ride, etc...
:::sigh::: It's so Jack Sparrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
What a lovely proposal. I find myself sitting here thinking, "would you rather have someone propose marriage?" "or going to WDW?" Sadly I can't decide.
To which I say, nothing wrong with that!

Quote:
I am sure you gals had a fun time and am looking forward to hearing where you stayed and OF COURSE where you ate!
Should be coming up soon.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:45 AM   #45
Tinkerbellarella
I was all like, "Um, well...that's different

Ok folks, well before I regale you with some of MY memories of "THE PROPOSAL" and Day 1 (which is technically the day before we left), a couple of things...

Quote:
I'm in!

Wait... am I allowed in?

Had I made the phone call instead of TK you'd have understood we were all likely in the same, exact boat that day. So it's all good, my friend. We both figured something came up and both hoped you were all ok.

Welcome on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollito916 View Post
Actually, that TR is actually still in progress. Due to personal issues, I was away from the boards for a while and when I came back I couldn't get the old TR properly reactivated (a long and convoluted story I will spare you from). The new link is in my siggie below. Feel free to join on in!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: