Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
cherry-pops
Mouseketeer

Something Kinda Ooh! ~ Sept 2009 ~ Pre-Trip Report

[Cross-Posted to UK TR Board]

Hi Everyone! Welcome to my Pre-Trip Report.

I've been so nervous about writing this thread, I didn't know how I would start off! But, I'm just going to launch right into it and everything should just flow!

I'm Cheryl, I'm 24-years-old and I'm planning my sixth visit to Walt Disney World for September 2009. I will be joined by my boyfriend, James, also 24 - we have been together for 7 years this summer. We live together in Norfolk in the United Kingdom.

This is us last summer in the home team's changing room at the Arsenal Emirates Stadium in London:

Our trip is being funded by my generous parents. My dad is retiring this year and my mum has chosen to use some of his payout to treat me and James to a two week holiday to Florida.

James has never been before, infact he's only ever been on a plane once and that was when we went to Spain in 2003. He's a little nervous about the long flight, but I'm sure he'll be fine. I love flying and cannot really believe it's been six years since I last went on a holiday abroad!

As I mentioned before, this will be my sixth visit to WDW - I have been with my parents five times before in '94, '96, '98, 2000 and 2002. All were summer visits in May and June, apart from in 2002 when we spend the whole Christmas holiday there.

Here are some vintage WDW photos from my previous trips, I'm pictured as a young girl with my younger brother:

Now it's time for those all important details! The Where, When and How!

We're flying with Thomson Airways from East Midlands airport in the UK to Sanford, FL - our flight times are:
Leaving:
Depart East Midlands TUES-15-SEPT 13:00 BST
Arrive Sanford, FL TUES-15-SEPT 17:25 BST
Returning:
Depart Sanford, FL TUES-29-SEPT 19:15 BST
Arrive East Midlands WEDS-30-SEPT 08:35 BST

We're staying in the Staybridge Suites on International Drive. I've never stayed on I-Drive before, but visited many times for the shopping outlets. When I've been with my parents in the past we have always rented villas with private pools and rented a car. Although we did stay in apartments on our first trip in 1994, we stayed right next door to Old Town in Kissimee and have loved that place ever since.

We're not renting a car. I'm the only driver in our coupling and I've never driven internationally before, so the whole idea just makes me extremely nervous. I know that staying off Disney property and not renting a car is risky but it's our only option really because we didn't want to limit ourselves to Disney parks - we're planning to do everything while we're there. So, being on I-Drive it will feel like we're in the middle of everything! Our accommodation does lay on shuttle buses and I'm hoping that these are going to be reliable! I have researched the Lynx bus services as well as taxi prices, just in case!

That is all for Chapter One! I shall be back soon with some more updates!

Chapter Index
#01 Introduction
#02 Itinerary
#03 Coming Soon!

Last edited by cherry-pops; 06-08-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: