Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #136
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Good morning. Today I am going to have a moderately healthy day. I am drinking my water and have packed fruit for my snacks today. I may get a subway sandwich for lunch even though I packed a PB & J. I don't know if I will get a chance to work out or not. I won't get to the gym as I don't have anyone to watch the kids, but I may get a chance to do a work out video.

Good luck everyone...and we pm our weights tomorrow?

Sarah

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #137
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

So, the QOTD is how healthy are you going to be today?
Well, considering it is the last day before weigh-in and I haven't been exactly great this week, I am going to be VERY healthy today!!

I was out of eggs, so I didn't have a very protein rich/low carb breakfast (which I have been trying to change to), but overall I've done well.

Breakfast was a 90 calorie/high fiber cinnamon raisin english muffin. One half I ate plain, the other half I topped with 1 Tb. of my peanut butter/tofu spread (which is way yummier than it sounds). I also had a cup of my one hold-out aspartame food (General Foods French Vanilla Cafe, caffeine free/sugar free).

I had 24 oz. of water before lunch. Lunch here at work was 1/2 C lowfat cottage cheese topped with 1/4 C crushed pineapple with a small homemade fruit cup for dessert (pineapple, watermelon, banana). I started my second 24 oz. of water with lunch.

Not sure what afternoon snack and dinner are going to be. I did a 25 minute workout this morning before it got hot. I MAY walk in about an hour when my students go to gym, but it is getting HOT and I don't want to come back to school all sweaty. DD is supposed to go to swim team practice tonight, so if I don't walk this afternoon I may be able to hit the gym at the Y later.

I'll check back later to see what everyone else is doing to be extra healthy today!..................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #138
dizneedoll
Curioser and Curioser

Hello Everyone!

I just found the WISH board (thanks to a poster on the podcast board!) and joined in too. Awesome idea! I'll start with anwering the QOTD's already asked.

I'm Bonnie, I'm 36...married for 10 years with one 3 year old son. I'm a librarian and I sit on my butt far too long during the day which isn't helping matters. I need to lose the pregnancy fat which has been clinging for 3 years
My goal is lose 20 lbs by the end of summer and another 20 by the end of the year then to maintain that!

Favorite Disneyland/MK ride:
OK, I'm on the west coast so DL is my home park. Fave ride is Indiana Jones and "its a small world."
At MK my fave is Splash Mountain, it's a better version then the DL one is.

As for today's question...well I had a high fiber english muffin with reduced sugar jam for breakfast, it's not lunch time yet but I have a half of sandwich and some low fat cottage cheese. I really need to drink more water and hopefully will go for my walk today and workout at home.

Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #139
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneedoll View Post
Hello Everyone!

I just found the WISH board (thanks to a poster on the podcast board!) and joined in too. Awesome idea! I'll start with anwering the QOTD's already asked.

I'm Bonnie, I'm 36...married for 10 years with one 3 year old son. I'm a librarian and I sit on my butt far too long during the day which isn't helping matters. I need to lose the pregnancy fat which has been clinging for 3 years
My goal is lose 20 lbs by the end of summer and another 20 by the end of the year then to maintain that!

Favorite Disneyland/MK ride:
OK, I'm on the west coast so DL is my home park. Fave ride is Indiana Jones and "its a small world."
At MK my fave is Splash Mountain, it's a better version then the DL one is.

As for today's question...well I had a high fiber english muffin with reduced sugar jam for breakfast, it's not lunch time yet but I have a half of sandwich and some low fat cottage cheese. I really need to drink more water and hopefully will go for my walk today and workout at home.

Welcome! It looks like we have some things in common. I, too, am on the west coast and have a DS (he just turned four)! I hope you enjoy the group as much as I do...I just recently joined up...but it is good to be checking in and getting good ideas and support from others.

Sarah

PS - I like your choice of DW hotels!

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:20 PM   #140
CruiseBoundnKY
DIS Veteran

Good Afternoon!!!

So, the QOTD is how healthy are you going to be today?

Today, so far...I have been moderately healthy. I haven't gotten in as much water as I should have, but I will improve that this afternoon.

I fed and watered the farm animals (worked up a MAJOR sweat), but will definitely do a true workout later tonight.

I'm babysitting the 1 year old next door today for 9 hours Does this count .

Tomorrow I will have my 2 nephews (ages 2 and 4 months and the girl next door). Thats 3 in diapers!!!

Sorry got off on a tangent there. I'm happy with my eating and activity so far, but need to push the water now. Thanks to the QOTD I will make it happen.

I keep thinking about our 2 family trips this year. One is Dollywood next month with DH's family and the other is to DW in Nov/Dec with my DB. I just don't want to be exhausted and all sweaty walking around. I don't want to have to worry about fitting into the rides. I must be strong and make this change to a healthier me. What I'm doing isn't fair to myself or my family.

~Karen
Pop Century March 31 - April 7, 2012 Disney Dream Nov. 27 - Dec. 2; AKV Dec. 2 - 5 Dec. 5 - 8, 2010 Pop Century Nov. 28, - Dec. 6, 2009 Pop Century October 25, 2008 Disney Magic "Halloween on the High Seas" Alternate Western Double Dip May 5-12 2007 Disney Magic "Cinco Dis Mayo" Western Cruise May 2-4 2007 Disney ASMo May 2005 7-Days Sheraton Vistana Resorts Summer 1996 5-Days Can't remember where we stayed
CruiseBoundnKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #141
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Back from my lunch to Sushi, and I ordered my normal items where I know the calories. One of the girls from our group lunch is going back to Seattle with her boss who is starting up another company and one of the other's just told me that she is going to another company to be the COO. We know the owner and the people that work there really well because we go so often. The girl who is going to be a COO worked with the chef and nothing that we ordered came out. We had course after course of yummy food.

It started with salad with ginger dressing, a seaweed salad to share and a squid salad to share. Then we got a miso type soup with mushrooms. Then there was an oyster shot, and a tray of raw scallops. Then we had a tuna sundae to share. Then we each got a sushi platter, with striped bass, tuna, salmon, hamachi and Australian hamachi. Then he brought out a roll to share - not sure what kind this was. Then we got a kale juice we make (we always get this when we go) -its in a shot glass. And then we had our usual fried banana (just a tiny small piece) with honey and a green tea dessert that was split into 4. I'm so stuffed- it took us over 2 hours to eat this.

Now I gotta try to break the calories down on this. Luckily a lot of it was just a bit here or there of the stuff we shared.
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #142
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Mmmhh...playing catch up. Favorite ride at Disneyland---Space Mountain. Followed by my new favorite except it's at California Adventures--Toy Story Midway Mania! Healthy day--sure, if I ever get my but off the computer..

Quote:
Is this a stray kitty that hangs out in disneyland? I've never heard of her, but have never been there either.
She's a very pretty little calico that hangs out at a restaurant located near the entrance to California Adventures at the Grand Californian hotel. Disneyland has a lot of ferals that they take care of, legend has it they were brought in years ago to help control the mouse population (lol) and ended up living in Sleeping Beauty's castle. Many were found when they went to open it up again some time back. Some have figured out they can get great food from people at restaurants and are actually quite friendly, most you don't see--they are nocturnal. You can see some of the housing Disney has set up around the parks for them, I saw the houses behind the Hungry Bear from the train, and some to the side and back of the zephyr ice cream place in CA.
You can see a picture of the Whitewater snacks kitty in my trip report if you want--just click on the link in my sig.

Salad dressing-- I've never made it. I like a salad at Costco we get though every time we are there. We end up eating the whole bag every time--it's got a low cal ceasar salad dressing and some crackers and really thin sliced cheese-- y'know the kind you put in ceasar salad-- having a senior moment...anyway it's really good.

Last edited by 50sjayne; 05-21-2009 at 02:09 PM.
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #143
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
Good Luck! You have to let us know if you were successful.
Well, the boss has a cold, so I didn't want to go to lunch with him! Got my 6 point double meat subway and have 2 points of pretzels for a little later this afternoon. Tonight I can hit the grocery and get some REAL supplies.

Here's the kitty photo!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #144
corinnak
100% Tag Free!

I'm not going to catch up on all the QOTD, but I missed a lot of these in my previous intro.

Today's QOTD is a two part question. Tell us a little about yourself and your goals for this challenge.

I am so close to having lost 25 pounds since I started in January, I can taste it. Hopefully tomorrow is the day I get to change my clippie!

My goals for this challenge - I have been averaging about a pound a week (some weeks more, some weeks nothing! ha ha! But averaging.) and want to continue on that same path. Between starting weigh in and August 17, I hope to lose: 13 pounds. Talk about your odd numbers!

I am starting a program to be able to do 100 push ups, as well. I would like to build up my strength and tone my arms and shoulders. I also need to crank my mileage up. I hope to do a 10 mile road race on 4th of July and thinking strongly of the DL Half in August!!

QOTD -- What are your plans for the summer? How will your plans help or hinder your goals for this challenge?

Summer is always difficult because I spend an extended period of time with my in-laws in the summer. They like to eat out a LOT, my SIL always has donuts on her kitchen counter, and I would be lying if I said they didn't stress me out a little just being who they are. And as ever, any change in routine can throw me off. I have slipped and fallen more than once in the summer, so I am going to work extra hard this year to continue my healthy habits and choices.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:45 PM   #145
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

QOTD - How healthy...today?
I'm really striving for a loss on the first weigh in, so I'm being super good today. I actually did pretty well all week. Here's hoping the scale reflects my efforts! I'm going to do my own "last chance workout" tonight - the BL Bootcamp DVD. Only question mark today is dinner. No idea what we're having! Maybe sandwiches, plus fruit and veggie.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * Next up: 2014 Glass Slipper
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:14 PM   #146
CruiseBoundnKY
DIS Veteran

I am trying to break the Mountain Dew habit. I did NOT crack open a can yesterday and this morning I had a bad headache.

Anyway, I was outside working on cleaning out the pool, sweating my butt off (I hope ), I came inside for a break dying for a Dew. BUT I grabbed a bottle of water instead.

Just had to share my moment. FYI Pools that have not been covered over the winter are SUPER YUCKY!!!

~Karen
Pop Century March 31 - April 7, 2012 Disney Dream Nov. 27 - Dec. 2; AKV Dec. 2 - 5 Dec. 5 - 8, 2010 Pop Century Nov. 28, - Dec. 6, 2009 Pop Century October 25, 2008 Disney Magic "Halloween on the High Seas" Alternate Western Double Dip May 5-12 2007 Disney Magic "Cinco Dis Mayo" Western Cruise May 2-4 2007 Disney ASMo May 2005 7-Days Sheraton Vistana Resorts Summer 1996 5-Days Can't remember where we stayed
CruiseBoundnKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #147
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

MelanieC - the only thing that I noticed is your daily intake is quite consistent, perhaps mixing up your daily calories to have some higher days, might help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Good morning. Today I am going to have a moderately healthy day. I am drinking my water and have packed fruit for my snacks today. I may get a subway sandwich for lunch even though I packed a PB & J. I don't know if I will get a chance to work out or not. I won't get to the gym as I don't have anyone to watch the kids, but I may get a chance to do a work out video.

Sarah
PM your weights tomorrow and results will be posted by Tuesday.

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #148
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPooh View Post
I've already exercised and will be taking the kids to the park later, so I will be away from the fridge for a few hours. Dinner is already planned (I do a weekly menu) and I want to make more fruit filled jello. And no it's not sugar free. We only had SF in our house growing up so I tend to find it to be yucky. As for my water, not a problem. I'll be bringing my Nalgene bottle with me, and as usual it's a part of my daily routine.
Sounds like a great start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I have to take EXTRA steps to have a healthy day today because . . .
I think that you came up with a great plan in spite of those obstacles -- good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
Plan is to be healthy today. I'm -3 points for the week with WW, so I need to stay on target today and do at least 20min of stepping tonight to end up okay for the week. Tomorrow is a fresh start.
Sounds good! It sounds like you will have a lot of super results in your PM inbox tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
I've been doing so good all week.
That big whoosh is going to happen any time because you are doing so well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Today I am going to have a moderately healthy day. I am drinking my water and have packed fruit for my snacks today. I may get a subway sandwich for lunch even though I packed a PB & J. I don't know if I will get a chance to work out or not. I won't get to the gym as I don't have anyone to watch the kids, but I may get a chance to do a work out video.

Sounds like a pretty healthy day to me. Yes, please PM your weight tomorrow to LuvBaloo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Well, considering it is the last day before weigh-in and I haven't been exactly great this week, I am going to be VERY healthy today!!
It sounds like everyone is being very healthy today for that last push before first weigh-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneedoll View Post
Hello Everyone! I just found the WISH board (thanks to a poster on the podcast board!) and joined in too.
Welcome, dizneedoll! This is a great group of people and I think that you will have a wonderful losing summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseBoundnKY View Post
I must be strong and make this change to a healthier me. What I'm doing isn't fair to myself or my family.
Sounds like you are heading in the right direction and we are all here to help you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
I like a salad at Costco we get though every time we are there. We end up eating the whole bag every time--it's got a low cal ceasar salad dressing and some crackers and really thin sliced cheese-- y'know the kind you put in ceasar salad-- having a senior moment...anyway it's really good.
Sounds good! I will look for it next time I go to Costco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinnak View Post
I am so close to having lost 25 pounds since I started in January, I can taste it. Hopefully tomorrow is the day I get to change my clippie!
I will keep my fingers crossed for you and being looking for your fabulous ribbon any time now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Only question mark today is dinner. No idea what we're having! Maybe sandwiches, plus fruit and veggie.
Sounds like a good dinner for a week-night.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:29 PM   #149
sskem96
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm joining up! I did the BL7 challenge in Jan/Feb and lost about 12-14 pounds, and have since gained back every bit of it! I started back to WW last night (It's been a couple years), and I'm want to take the weight off and keep it off! I got the new Wii Active and after 3 days of using it I feel like I'm going to die!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #150
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskem96 View Post
Hi, I'm joining up! I did the BL7 challenge in Jan/Feb and lost about 12-14 pounds, and have since gained back every bit of it! I started back to WW last night (It's been a couple years), and I'm want to take the weight off and keep it off! I got the new Wii Active and after 3 days of using it I feel like I'm going to die!
Welcome, sskem96! Please PM LuvBaloo with your starting weight, if you haven't already.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: