Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #751
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Thanks for the info on the cruise. I'd imagine there would be more kids in summer simply because school is out. Ruben wants to take one of those short 3 day cruises before we even attempt a longer one (in 2011) just to make sure no one is going to become horribly ill and sea sick.
I don't know if we will, but since they are so cheap now, he's thinking about it.
Take the cruise. They are so much fun. And when the prices are low they are so worth it. I once got to take a 4 day cruise for $38. Yep, only $38. One of the best cruises too. I should totally take a cruise this summer I think. Haven't been on one in forever.

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #752
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

$38 for a cruise??? No way!! That is great! I want to go on a cruise.

I really want to go on a Hawaiian cruise. But just my luck I would end up as one of "those" American's who ended disappearing over board......
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #753
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
$38 for a cruise??? No way!! That is great! I want to go on a cruise.

I really want to go on a Hawaiian cruise. But just my luck I would end up as one of "those" American's who ended disappearing over board......
I'm sorry..for some reason I nearly spit my drink all over the laptop when I read this!!!

I'd be sick the entire cruise and never leave sick bay.

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:17 PM   #754
lisadoll93
DIS Veteran

Ohh, how I missed you all!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #755
Stacerita
AKA the Lexus TinklerMy bad-its Miss Understood. Sorry. Got my drag queens mixed
I guess I did look more like a Hooter's girl than I wanted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadoll93 View Post
Welcome back!

Inappropriate graphics will be deleted from signatures.
Please remember this is a family-friendly site
Stacerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #756
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadoll93 View Post
Hi Lisa! Where you've been girl?

Night ladies! Talk to ya'll tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:10 AM   #757
CaliforniaDreamer

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulubellesDD View Post

I am super excited to go to the Food & Wine Festival with my DM tonight! I hope to see those of you who signed up there! French food is so delcious, I already know I will eat so much my mom will have to roll me out of there!

I think my mom mentioned Cheryl and Dawn...who else will be there?

Have a marvelous rest of the week! I'll be celebrating come tomorrow that's for sure!
Hi Bree! I don't know where you're going to put all that food.. We want to hear a report (but since you have finals, your mom can do it). Good luck to Stacie too on finals.

Dying to talk Idol... will PM you Bridgette.
D23 Expo
Miss Sally's birthday party
Halloween party diva meet
Girl's trip in Feb

Words from Dawn: "i have a strong connection to the earth."
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #758
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Good Morning Ladies.......now with all the shows ending......I have to say, it's a good thing I didn't bet on any of the winners..... none of the reality shows winner was the one I picked!!!!! Oh well......no biggie, really.......

Hoping everyone is having a good week!! What's everyone's plans for this holiday weekend??? Right now, we have none...what an exciting life I lead.....lol

Weather's warm, my heads pounding but still hopeful for a good day!! Check back in later!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:17 AM   #759
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning everyone.

Well the last few days have been crazy. Just busy cleaning and getting everything ready for Michelle and her gang to come visit! Then yesterday I had two doc appts. One with my therapist and one with my new dentist. I wasn't sure at first but he seems ok. He wants me to replace all my old silver fillings with the white ones and it won't cost too much but it is just the idea of DOING it that doesn't sound desirable. I will have to think about that one. The cleaning was better than expected though. It didn't even hurt and my teeth are pretty sensitive and usually hurt after a cleaning so I was happy bout that. I do miss my old dentist. We have been going to them for YEARS and they were super nice but they stopped taking our insurance so we had no choice but to switch. It was really sad too cuz the girls loved them and have been going there since there were like 2 years old.

Anyway then last night we just had swim and the girls had church and then of course I watched Idol. I want say anything but all I can say is I was SHOCKED buy who won. It was a GREAT show though with all the guest stars. I really enjoyed it and that was the LAST show finale for the year. Now ALL the shows I watch are over.

Nothing on now till Big Brother. Oh well I guess that is a good thing since I have so much going on with swim etc.

Anyway the other crazy thing is we have a P.O. Box and so we never check our actual mail box down at the street cuz we don't get mail there. We live on almost 2 acres and so we have this old rickety mail box that is down at the end of our road and we stopped getting mail there a LONG time ago because we had people stealing our mail etc. And when my parents lived here they actually had identity theft and on and on. So we don't get ANY mail here and I tell people on and on when they ask for my physical address do NOT send mail here because I WILL not get it. In fact the mail man is NOT supposed to deliver mail here but occasionally he still puts junk mail in the box. Well for some odd reason when Lynn got arrested last mont they got our physical address. I don't know if SHE gave it to them or what. But anyway when Shane took the trash down last night he just happened to check it and it is a good thing he did because she had a paper for a COURT date THIS coming Tuesday. It had been in there a WEEK! EEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now THIS Tuesday we have to take her to court. So on Monday we have to drive up and get her and then she is going to spend the night because we have to be there at 8 a.m. and it is downtown so we have to fight traffic. NOT thrilled bout all this but it looks like she is going to be put on probation for all the crap she pulled. Which is probably a good thing. It will teach her a lesson and I am glad because she has never gotten in trouble up to now. She even said that to us that she didn't care about everything that she has done because she knew she wasn't going to get in trouble. So maybe THIS will finally teach her a lesson. I don't know. I know her night in juvenille hall didn't do much. She did get a job and seems to be doing a bit better but still wit THIS maybe it will keep her on a bit more of the straight and narrow if she KNOWS there will be consequences if she screws up. So we shall see.

Anyway so that is it for me. I have today off to do more stuff round here and then work again tomorrow and I guess Michelle and her group will be showing up some time tomorrow. I have to coordinate that with her.

Not sure what all we are going to do but I am sure it will be fun.

Too bad Janelle hasn't been on it would be fun to maybe meet up with her and Wendy too and have a little mini meet.

Anyway that's bout it for me.

Take care and see ya later.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip 11/14
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #760
lisadoll93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
Welcome back!
Ahh, it feels good to be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hi Lisa! Where you've been girl?

Night ladies! Talk to ya'll tomorrow.
Life is good again. All the craziness of the past 18 months or so are over!!! I can go back to 'normal' which means DISNEY!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #761
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

:cak e:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Good morning girls!!
Today is my Friday!!
Tomorrow is Kaelebs school BBQ (bleh...but I go anyway), there is nothing like rubbery burgers, cold beans, crunchity cookies, milk & having lunch with my kid. hmm....maybe I will bring Subway????

Can I just say that I am SO HAPPY Kaeleb only has 5 more baseball games, then we will be DONE with that team. Seriously his coach needed a time out last night. I mean really they are 9 & 10 and he made such a donkey out of himself.......

I hope everyone is having a great morning.
Hi Deb, I think we are living parallel lives. We have school carnival tonight, with bbq. At least this year they are bringing in a caterer and we will bbq shredded pork sandwiches. I am hoping for improvement.

I seriously don't get those baseball coaches at all. My son's team was officially crowned league champions last night. We have one more make up game tonight, and then we have tournament of champions this weekend, which due to the coaches behavior, we have decided not to participate in. We have had a Deception Pass Camping trip scheduled for 9 months, and even my son, who loves baseball, is unwilling to miss his camping trip. I am debating turning his behavior into the LLboard, and I found out recently that several other parents also are considering this. Apparently he is back this year after having been banned from coaching for a year for the same reasons. Wish I would have known that sooner. I may have done the year differently. oh well, onward, upward we shall go.

Smiley from my little pill who had his back molar break in half yesterday. Did I mention that my big one lost his molars at age 7, resulting in $2500 worth of orthodontist work and is now scheduled for phase two at an additional $4200. Really don't need the little one following that pattern.

Beth, I loved your story of money found and returned. You are a great Mom!
Kelly, sounds like progress to me(probation, that is!)
I'm sorry everyone, I am out of time, but Hello, Hello, and have a great day.
Tracey
Old 05-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #762
sahbushka
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and say hello...

sahbushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #763
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Morning ladies! Geez, where is everyone lately??

Lisa, glad things are back to normal for you. Looking forward to seeing more of you around here.

Kelly, wow, good thing Shane checked the mail! Have fun visiting with Michelle and her family. That was sure nice of you to open up your house like that.

Tracey, good to see you. Have fun on that camping trip, and good luck dealing with the coach. What a pain. Oh, and good luck with the dental bills too. I feel your pain on that one!

Laurie, I could not have predicted the winner either!

Sarah, Hi! Have a great day.

***WARNING: IDOL TALK AHEAD!!!! SCROLL PAST IF YOU STILL HAVEN'T WATCHED IT!!***
WOW, what a show!! I loved it. Adam's performance with KISS was just amazing!! He totally rocks!!

Did you see those shoes he was wearing?!?! He had on Bratz shoes! But I got to give him credit for being able to even move in those things. lol
And I don't care that he's 10 years younger then me, and supposedly gay, he is hot!

Kris' duet with Keith Urban was good. I liked it. I was so shocked when he won. I don't think anyone expected that. But you know, whatever, good for him. He'll do well, but so will Adam.
In fact, last night watching the news, I saw two interviews and both had the title, "New Idol Winner Crowned" and guess what? Both interviews focused on Adam! That's all they talked about. If I didn't know better, watching that I would have thought Adam HAD won.

He's still clearly the press favorite and will do great no matter what. This is the first season of AI that I've watched every episode. It was a great group, and I can't wait to see what they do. I'd even like to see the tour which is the first time I've ever thought that.

Anyway, good job to Kris, but Adam still rocks!!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #764
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I'm sorry..for some reason I nearly spit my drink all over the laptop when I read this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
:cak e:

Hi Deb, I think we are living parallel lives. We have school carnival tonight, with bbq. At least this year they are bringing in a caterer and we will bbq shredded pork sandwiches. I am hoping for improvement.

I seriously don't get those baseball coaches at all. My son's team was officially crowned league champions last night. We have one more make up game tonight, and then we have tournament of champions this weekend, which due to the coaches behavior, we have decided not to participate in. We have had a Deception Pass Camping trip scheduled for 9 months, and even my son, who loves baseball, is unwilling to miss his camping trip. I am debating turning his behavior into the LLboard, and I found out recently that several other parents also are considering this. Apparently he is back this year after having been banned from coaching for a year for the same reasons. Wish I would have known that sooner. I may have done the year differently. oh well, onward, upward we shall go.
Yummm....pulled pork!!
I am getting Kaeleb & I Subway before the BBQ. Although, pulled pork sounds so much better.

So here is my rant.
I am usually NOT the mom who complains. But yesterday I did.
This is Kaelebs first year of kid pitch, he isn't that great, he gets walked a lot, but he always, always scores, unless there are 3 outs.
One kid looks at him and say, why are you even here? You are going to strike out anyways.
Then this one kids just picks on everyone. Then the coaches kid just pushes eveyone around. Really, he will be walking from one end of the dugout to the other and if you are in his way, he will just shove you out of the way.
The kids were not playing so great the first 2 innings. The coach, seriously had a melt down.
He through the stat book down and yelled, I am pretty sure he was cussing.
So yesterday morning Kaeleb broke down and was like I am not playing basball anymore.
I called his assistant coach, he tries to keep the team positive and told him.
It was a strange call, I felt like he was parenting me (like he was my dad, he was its ok, tell me how you feel, it was funny, but strange...)
So he called Kaeleb last night & so he agreed to come to the game tonight. He is talking to Tom the one kids dad (our older kids have played ball together before), because Tom would not allow his son to talk like that.
So now I feel like that parent.

So hopefully things will be better for the next 5 games.
But seriously this coach...is crazy.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #765
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a splendid day. I'm hanging in there. I'm having a horrible reaction to a medication and I feel like I'm dry drowning. I can't breathe for the life of me. The doctor says it should be better by Friday afternoon. So I stayed home from school today. I do have awesome news though... well for me anyway. I left class early yesterday morning when I started hyperventilating and the professor (the one I couldn't stand) emailed me today offering me an independent study option, that way I won't have to be at school 4-5 days a week. Bless him! It's a performance art class and everyone in there is so immature. All we do is go out in public and make fools out of ourselves and call it "art". I could cry I'm so relieved.

I'll be back in a little while, I have some puttering around to do and I'm really hungry!

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: