Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #76
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

My mini-goal is a 'perfect' day on program (WW). I still don't have all the supplies I need in the house. The 'perfect' day is: in points range, all my water, 5 servings fruits/veggies, a whole grain serving, DAIRY , and my 'healthy fat' serving. I always seem to be missing something or other.

I don't think 28 points of fried chicken and french fries is what they have in mind...(OK, I haven't been THAT bad)
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #77
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
QOTD -- Do you have mini-goals to help you meet you big goals for this challenge?
I guess my mini-goal is to be down 5-10 pounds by vacation, hopefuuly closer to down 10. I also want to get some type of workout in every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
I was thinking about something and BL lately. Do you think that they will bring Michael's brother/Ron's son to the next season? I know that is someone I think could really use their help. I've been thinking a lot since the finally and they did the contest for those two girls to have one come on the show - that maybe they will bring Michael's brother to the show. I feel so sorry for him when you see him look at his brother and dad. You can see the pain in his eyes. His mom lost weight and now his brother and his dad. I'd really like to see that.
I would like to see him on the show or at least have some sort of updates of how he is doing it at home. Mike looked very very cute at the finale.
His brother should have the same chance.
Sleeping*Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #78
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

As many people are posting here and not on the team threads, I hope LuvBaloo and lisah0711 don't mind if I butt in real quick to announce the results of the last challenge:

Hear ye, Hear ye! The weightkeeper speaks (finally, I know!)

Here are the final results. Please remember that I am human and mistakes are made. Hopefully I have not made any, but if you feel you should be on the list and were not, please PM me.

Due to a lack of reporting in the last week, the final results will not be broken up by team. Here are the final percentages, based on starting weight and the last week's weigh in. The color of the font will indicate which team they were on. (So, purple font is purple team, green font is green team).

PLEASE REMEMBER, THESE ARE FROM THE START OF THE 7.1 CHALLENGE WHICH IS SEPARATE FROM BL 7. SEVERAL PEOPLE SENT ME THEIR STARTING WEIGHTS FROM BL 7, THAT WEIGHT WAS NOT THE STARTING WEIGHT I USED AS THAT WAS A SEPARATE CHALLENGE.

The 3% club:
FaithTrustnPixieDust 3.015075%
pjilla 3.85106%
corinnak 3.958091

4 and 5% Club:
DisneyFam5 4.485488%
maherae 5.168776%
BilltM 5.30303

7 and 8% Club:
LuvBaloo 7.569721
SpaceMtnFan 8.653846

AND... DRUMROLL PLEASE... THE BIGGEST LOSER FOR BL 7.1 IS...
BibbidBobbidyBoo 10.54852

Please congratulate all the losers! If your name is not on this list, that's okay! Give yourself a pat on the back for making it to the end! I encourage you to head over to the Between the BL challenges thread. Remember, LuvBaloo is your weightkeeper for that challenge.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:44 AM   #79
TammyNC
WISH Biggest Loser/Red Team
Would rather be her own person than share a tag
Always shares her Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Hope everyone has a great OP evening

I was thinking about something and BL lately. Do you think that they will bring Michael's brother/Ron's son to the next season? I know that is someone I think could really use their help. I've been thinking a lot since the finally and they did the contest for those two girls to have one come on the show - that maybe they will bring Michael's brother to the show. I feel so sorry for him when you see him look at his brother and dad. You can see the pain in his eyes. His mom lost weight and now his brother and his dad. I'd really like to see that.

I am hoping the same thing, it was heartbreaking seeing the look on his face.

WTG to all the losers in the 7.1 challenge.

Busy day here, not much time on the computer. DD is finishing up yearbook stuff then I've got to tackle the computer problems. Didn't want to take a chance and have the internet go down when she needed it. Today is my mom's birthday...we are taking her out to dinner but hopefully DH and I will split so I'll stay on track.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:45 AM   #80
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

BBB Congrats on your new title!!!

and cyber high-fives to those you made the 3-8% club!! i'm envious....i must channel this energy into a positive direction

just read and caught up.....i have terrible memory so i probably won't be able to keep everyone straight, but i'm trying

My name is Molli, i'll be 37 this summer and SAHM to DD 16 and 12. I do have a 'part-time' job where I fill in for folks off for the day at a medical office. I am an x-ray tech. been working as much as i can get until school is out saving for our Aug WDW trip. I have yo-yo'ed the same 20 lbs since I lost it back in 2003. i did keep off for almost a year then the bouncing began. My goal for this challenge is to lose 10 lbs...ASAP as I did the same as and earlier poster....bought new shorts last summer when i was at goal and they are too small now. I started Jillian's Making the Cut workout program last week, along with a co-worker so a mini-goal is to survive it! however, i feel off the eating wagon last weekend, which is totally my hurdle. i must be able to stay in control to not gain over the weekend. I just WI and i'm up 3 lbs since last Friday morning. urg! this coming weekend is a 4 day (DH off Fri) so I really must not fall as that is 1/2 a week! I am counting calories

My over all goal (and jackie i can't remember the end date either!) is to shed that last stubborn 10 lbs and keep it off all summer. We have 11 days at WDW planned, including our first club level stay, and I need to feel good about myself lounging at the pool sipping a free beer ( well really, pre-payed.....lol)

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:46 AM   #81
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

END DATE -- Aug 17..............it will be Aug 7 for me, hey that's my birthday!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:06 AM   #82
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I don't think 28 points of fried chicken and french fries is what they have in mind...(OK, I haven't been THAT bad)
Oh, I have! But usually it's a cheeseburger and fries.
Sadly it's easy to do. I went to dinner a few weeks ago to the 99 and went online to plan what to eat, and was floored at how many points most of their menu was. I was on track at the time, so I got some sauteed scallop dinner that was 18 pts, ate half, and had a 3 pt soup with it. When I look at the points for nachos, cheeseburgers, and anything fried before I go out, it's so much easier not to eat them. www.dwlz.com is a great website with points values for lots of restaurants. It always goes back to having a plan.

Hang in there Molli!! You can do it this weekend. We are going to my sisters camp, and I'm going to plan and bring lots of fruit, vegies, salad, and I usually bake cookies, but I think I'm going to skip that this year. I don't think that would be good. Keep that thought of you sipping that beer in those shorts in your head this weekend.

I'm off to work, and then baseball right after. Have a great day all.

A big congratulations to all the 7.1 losers!!

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #83
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Wow!! Look at how much I missed just being "unplugged" for the weekend! But I have read everything and I think I am caught up. I will try to briefly reply to the QOTD that I missed, but I am at work, so not much time.

QOTD -- What are your plans for the summer? How will your plans help or hinder your goals for this challenge?

Our summer plans include our "regular" July 4th time at Cape Code (we have family there and have been doing this for years)... that will probably be a 3-4 day "eat-a-thon" that I will valiently try to fight my way through unscathed!

Then we have our "regular" family vacation with my side of the family in early August. That is usually a bit easier to navigate, food-wise.

Plus I will be taking both children away individually for their own long weekend. I usually do it in May, but it is getting harder to take them out of school, so we will probably do it over the summer. Again, I have more control over the food (especially when DS and I camp), so that shouldn't be too terrible.

My ORIGINAL plan from earlier this year was to hit my goal weight by my birthday in mid-June, but I am struggling with the last ten pounds and I am not sure I will make it. But I will NOT give up. I will DEFINITELY be at goal by the end of July... by DD's birthday on July 31st to be precise!!

I will answer the other QOTD that I missed in another post, so that this isn't too long!.....................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #84
pjlla
<><

QOTD -- What is your favorite Disney song? It can be from a park, movie, play, etc

Well... the first things that come to mind are actually "soundtracks". I love the sound track you hear as you walk down Main Street. Kind of like turn of the century music. Not sure exactly what it is called and I don't have it on any of the CDs I have bought, but I can "sing it in my head". That music tells me that I am "home". My second favorite would probably be the soundtrack to "Soarin". We first heard it on our first (and only) trip to DL in 2005 and we LOVED the ride. Then we got to experience it in Florida last year and it was just as magical. It really brings me back.

I have multiple CDs of Disney music, but I find myself putting in my "park music" CD most of the time.... I could listen to it over and over... the Wishes sound track (from the 50th anniversary of DL) is spectacular too. It makes me tear up every time!

It is funny how many of you mentioned somewhat lesser-known songs that I also love, like that song from Mulan and "scales and arpeggios". And there is a song from Hercules (the title escapes me at the moment) that DS and I love to listen to as well.

Thanks for asking......................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 AM   #85
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnjenn0828 View Post
I also have a mini goal of losing 10lbs by June 10th, I really hope to be under 160lbs by then. We are going to the beach!! Can't wait to walk/run in the sand at sunrise with my hubby
I am hoping to lose 10 pounds by the time I leave for DL on 6/10. I've lost two this week. It is going to be a push to get that done in time. We can do it!

Quote:
Keep up the good work everyone. Push through the urges this week. We can ALL have awesome loses this weekend. WE CAN DO THIS! I just got done doing a 2 mile walk at lunch.
Good job with the walking at lunch, Melanie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Aye--kittens are me weakness.
I have decided to give up reading the highly addictive pets and lost and found section of Craigs list for this kitten season.
Yes, it is so hard when so many pets need good homes. I will try and take a picture of the Whitewater Snacks kitty for you when I am at DL in June -- I know she is a favorite of yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulamc View Post
My other goal is to have lost a total of 30 pounds when we go to WDW in June (I've been on this diet awhile and have lost 16 of those 30 already, so 14 pounds by June 20, we'll see!)
You're already almost halfway there and have a great exercise plan! You can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
I don't have a specific goal for this challenge, but I am just aiming for 5 lbs at a time.
Shannon, your strategy is obviously a winning one since I saw your name on the biggest losers list! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahbushka View Post
Plans for the summer...work. I will be going to Leavenworth for a weekend in early september and then to DL in mid september...oh, and I have a Mahjongg weekend in Anacortes over my birthday in July. That's about it.
I hear that Leavenworth is very picturesque.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:18 AM   #86
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I. And there is a song from Hercules (the title escapes me at the moment) that DS and I love to listen to as well.

Thanks for asking......................P
Oh, one of my all time favorites is also from Hercules, Meg's song "I won't say I'm In Love" (don't know if that's the actual title). I rock out to that one!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #87
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Hey everyone, hope you are all having a great day! I've been sort of in limbo since I won the biggest loser through DH's work, I need to get back to the business of losing weight.

Plans for this summer... Lots of walking! Actually this BL works very well, because it takes me right up to our vacation, we are going to DLR for the first time and we are going to see some other sights of California. Can't wait! I need to remember to focus and keep going so I can be happy with the way I look when we go.
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
PRINCESS VIJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #88
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
My mini-goal is to hit all of my scheduled workouts. It's run 4 mi, walk 4mi, run 4mi, rest for the rest of May and the month of June (with excused days during our vacation). We'll see how that goes before I come up with July's goals.
That's a great workout schedule, Maria!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnjenn0828 View Post
We just got back from another 3.1 mile walk/jog and it seemed to be even tougher than yesterday, but we shaved 3 minutes off our time !!!
Nice job shaving that time yesterday, Jennifer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Stopping my exercise last summer was my down fall, and I won't let that happen again. I also want to journal all my food when I am home. When I go away for a weekend, I won't journal, but will make healthy choices and drink my water.
I agree, Kathy, that exercise is the key. It is just so hard to do it -- I don't know why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
My mini-goal is a 'perfect' day on program (WW).
Sounds like with a little more planning you will be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping*Beauty View Post
I guess my mini-goal is to be down 5-10 pounds by vacation, hopefuuly closer to down 10. I also want to get some type of workout in every day.
I know that you will figure out a way to make that work for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyNC View Post
Today is my mom's birthday...we are taking her out to dinner but hopefully DH and I will split so I'll stay on track.
You did such a good job staying on track at WDW tonight will be a piece of cake (so to speak ). Actually you should have a little cake because I remember when your Mom was so very, very ill. You have to enjoy what you have now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
I started Jillian's Making the Cut workout program last week, along with a co-worker so a mini-goal is to survive it!
Welcome back and I am glad Making the Cut is working for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
My ORIGINAL plan from earlier this year was to hit my goal weight by my birthday in mid-June, but I am struggling with the last ten pounds and I am not sure I will make it. But I will NOT give up. I will DEFINITELY be at goal by the end of July... by DD's birthday on July 31st to be precise!!
You may want to look at Making the Cut that Molli is doing. It is supposed to be for those last stubborn 10 pounds.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #89
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCESS VIJA View Post
Plans for this summer... Lots of walking! Actually this BL works very well, because it takes me right up to our vacation, we are going to DLR for the first time and we are going to see some other sights of California.
You've worked hard all year Vija and have done a great job so far. I think that is the finish line you see there in the distance.

A great big congratulations to BibbidyBobbidyBoo and all the other losers from the BL 7.1 challenge! Great job!

QOTD -- Now that the weather is warming up I am thinking of salads. Do you know a good recipe for low cal salad dressing?

I'm needing some help on this one which is why I asked the question. I have been using my regular Litehouse dressing and watching the serving size and tossing my salad really well. I hate to admit I love the creamy dressings and it is hard for me to switch . . . help!

Three days until our first weigh-in . . . are you keeping yourself on track so you can start this challenge with a bang?

Have a great day losers!

Last edited by lisah0711; 05-19-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Don't know what day of the week it is . . .
Old 05-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #90
pjlla
<><

QOTD -- Do you have mini-goals to help you meet you big goals for this challenge?

Well... not really, since I am hoping to be at my goal in less than a month (although I am struggling right now and I don't think I will make it). I am "unofficially" moving my date to meet goal to the end of July, since I don't think I will make my original mid-June goal, but I am STILL going to attempt to make it. I am aiming for 1-2 lb. per week right now. So I guess I will say that mini-goals are 1-2 lb a week, consistently for the summer.

Of course, when I reach my goal, I will have another on-going goal of STAYING at my goal weight!! .......................P

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: