Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #46
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

QOTD -- What is your favorite Disney song? It can be from a park, movie, play, etc.

Wow, I love so many of them, but I think I have to say my favorite is "Once Upon A Dream" from Sleeping Beauty. I've always said that is the song I would dance to at my wedding...still waiting for that...haven't run into my prince with "that gleam" in his eye!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #47
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

QOTD -- What is your favorite Disney song? It can be from a park, movie, play, etc.

Disney has so many great songs, but my favourite is "The Bare Necessities"!

Its a lazy Sunday morning for me. I got to slip in a bit after staying up way too late playing Dr Mario with DH. Its a stat holiday tomorrow, and it feels so good to take some time to just relax.

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #48
tink1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

My favorites are Beauty and the Beast and Feed the Birds from Mary Poppins
Old 05-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #49
newholidayx2
Searching for the perfect tree
Do you get bunny kisses?

[QUOTE=LuvBaloo;31863246]QOTD -- What is your favorite Disney song? It can be from a park, movie, play, etc.

Off Kilter's - Reel n Roll

Nov 2009 - employed by Disney
Dec 27 2008 - relocated to FL
newholidayx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #50
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

My favorite Disney song is "A Whole New World" from Aladdin. I'm so glad I checked in here today. I was about to blow off my workout because it's late in the day and I haven't done anything, but it's just a walk today so there's no reason not to take it.

I had an accident with a clam plate and twizzlers last night. I did contain it to one meal, so I'm considering that progress. But, I consciously chose to eat it, so I have to live with the consequences. On the bright side, we have a good menu plan for this week, so it shouldn't be too hard to stick to it.

It is great to read everyone's summer plans. I am already looking forward to the long weekend for Memorial Day, that's when summer really kicks off for us.

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #51
estherhead
DIS Veteran

My favorite Disney song.... I hope this doesnt make me sound depressing. But my favorite is "I will go flying no more" from Toy Story. It's just such a profound moment where ignorance is no longer bliss. And it make you finally see Buzz as a real person & start to love him. OK, ok, I may love Disney movies waaaaaayyyyyy too much.

My favorite motivational Disney song, however, is I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan. I have it on my MP3 player & when I really want to stop running & just walk I play it and it makes me keep running imagining Mulan trying to get to the top of that pole with just those ropes with the weights on the ends. Ya know what I mean? I identify with Mulan a lot anyway so maybe that's why.

(Be a man)
We must be swift as
the coursing river
(Be a man)
With all the force
of a great typhoon
(Be a man)
With all the strength
of a raging fire
Mysterious as the
dark side of the moon

Oh, and I love what all the people training say too:

I'm never gonna catch my breath
Say goodbye to those who knew me
Boy, was I a fool in school for cutting gym
This guy's got 'em scared to death
Hope he doesn't see right through me
Now I really wish that I knew how to swim

I can totally identify with I'm never gonna catch my breath and Boy, was I a fool in school for cutting gym when I'm trying to run!
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #52
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Today's QOTD is a two part question. Tell us a little about yourself and your goals for this challenge.

Hi, I'm Jessica. I've tried to do a few of these challenges before but, they didn't last. Hopefully the QOTD will keep me motivated to come check-in. I really want to lose 5-10 pounds before my June trip to the World. I want to try to look more toned.

QOTD -- What are your plans for the summer? How will your plans help or hinder your goals for this challenge?

My summer starts with an amazing 7 day trip to Disney World. The rest of my summer looks to be pretty much staying local. I will defiently be eating on vacation, but I'll be doing a lot of moving too. I hope it will kind of equal out.

I love "We Go On" from Illuminations and the music from "Wishes" they both make me teary-eyed. On a less sappy note I like the Tiki Room Song.
Sleeping*Beauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #53
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Quote:
I want to be Like You - from the Jungle Book!

Things are going good! I feel like I'm going good and strong for a nice loss this week. I feel on top of my game right now - Here is to a great week for all of us
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/7/14-8/23/14 -15 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:44 PM   #54
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
I want to be Like You - from the Jungle Book!

Oh man, I LOVE that song....I sing it around the office all the time (they're used to it).
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #55
lulamc
Mouseketeer

QOTD -- What are your plans for the summer? How will your plans help or hinder your goals for this challenge?

Leaving for WDW June 20, and my hindrance is that we are on the DDP. How can I turn down those desserts? After our 7 days at WDW we aren't coming home, we're heading to Ohio for the next week to visit family. IT will be a little easier to get on track with the diet there, but eating out and traveling are always a challenge for me.

Next QOTD - fav Disney song: Hakuna Matata! It means no worries, for the rest of your days...

Here are the lyrics:

Hakuna Matata!
What a wonderful phrase
Hakuna Matata!
Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries
For the rest of your days
It's our problem-free philosophy
Hakuna Matata!

Why, when he was a young warthog...
When I was a young wart hoooog!
Very nice.
Thanks!
He found his aroma lacked a certain appeal
He could clear the savannah after every meal
I'm a sensitive soul, though I seem thick-skinned
And it hurt that my friends never stood downwind
And oh, the shame
(He was ashamed!)
Thoughta changin' my name
(Oh, what's in a name?)
And I got downhearted
(How did you feel?)
Ev'rytime that I...
Pumbaa! Not in front of the kids!
Oh... sorry.

Hakuna Matata!
What a wonderful phrase
Hakuna Matata!
Ain't no passing craze
It means no worries
For the rest of your days
Yeah, sing it, kid!
It's our problem-free
philosophy...
Hakuna Matata!

Hakuna matata
[Repeats]

It means no worries
For the rest of your days.
It's our problem-free philosophy
Hakuna Matata
[Repeats]
lulamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:15 AM   #56
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

I third I wanna be like you It's nice to be amongst those who 'get' you...
At the scottish festival a ladies choir sang for awhile and I whispered to a friendly older lady that they reminded me of the flowers in Alice in Wonderland. She asked me if I meant the animated one and said she'd never seen that. I just felt horrified. What rock had she been under??? Anyways my second pick would 'probly be Scales and Arpeggios from Aristocats. I used to play that song over and over on our turn table. The sad part is I was in my teens at the time. The glimmerings of early crazy cat lady I guess.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #57
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Starting weights are mostly in. There's just 5 people still missing!
BibbidyBobbidyBoo
Eeyores Butterfly
Maherae
njcarita
njmom23grls
uptown girl44

Love seeing what songs everybody likes!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #58
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're so motivated and happy, Kathy, I know that you will succeed this challenge! That thinking before you eat is a lot harder than it sounds. I have been more aware when I am eating because I am bored or tired -- I try a glass of water with lemon and that usually takes care of it.

!
Thanks Lisa. I've been trying to drink a big glass of water first when I feel the need to eat and that does stop the craving sometimes.

Quote:
Wow! I was so happy to see everyone checking in.

Running a bit late on a lazy Sunday morning so am a bit late with the QOTD.

!
I love Kiss the girl from the little mermaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post

Wow, I love so many of them, but I think I have to say my favorite is "Once Upon A Dream" from Sleeping Beauty. I've always said that is the song I would dance to at my wedding...still waiting for that...haven't run into my prince with "that gleam" in his eye!
Where are those princes???!!! I haven't met mine yet either, but haven't really been looking too hard lately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
I had an accident with a clam plate and twizzlers last night. I did contain it to one meal, so I'm considering that progress. But, I consciously chose to eat it, so I have to live with the consequences. On the bright side, we have a good menu plan for this week, so it shouldn't be too hard to stick to it.
we all have those days, and like you're planning, get right back on track and you'll be fine. It's letting it snowball that gets me in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulamc View Post

Leaving for WDW June 20, and my hindrance is that we are on the DDP. How can I turn down those desserts? After our 7 days at WDW we aren't coming home, we're heading to Ohio for the next week to visit family. IT will be a little easier to get on track with the diet there, but eating out and traveling are always a challenge for me.

Next QOTD - fav Disney song: Hakuna Matata! It means no worries, for the rest of your days...
You can't turn down the desserts, but you can make other smart choices. We did the dining plan for the first time in January, and I ate my desserts, but I didn't eat any fried foods, and I tried to get my water in, and with all the walking, I ended up maintaining, which was great. It's getting right back to program after vacation that messes me up. They were talking about this at ww on saturday, and my leader said there are 2 wrong ways to do vacation. 1. stick totally to the plan, and not indulge at all, and 2. go totally crazy and eat and drink everything in site. The middle ground is best- eat what you really want, drink what you want, but don't go crazy, and you will be fine. No worries!! Love hakuna matata.

Quote:
Things are going good! I feel like I'm going good and strong for a nice loss this week. I feel on top of my game right now - Here is to a great week for all of us
that's awesome!!

I'd been doing good, and bought myself a box of the hundred calorie pack hostess cupcakes as a reward, thinking I'm on track, and I'll have one a night. Well, I ate the whole box yesterday. I guess that's one thing I can't have in the house. Today's a new day. Back on track.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #59
uptown_girl44
Mouseketeer

Location: The castle... just down the hall from the other fgits!

I've got some catching up to do... I spent all weekend in bed sick and I'm just starting to feel like myself again.

Tell us about yourself and your goals.
I'm Vanessa. I'm 21 years old and my life goal is to work in guest relations. My goal for this clallange is to lose the 25 lbs I've been struggling with. I never had problems with my weight until I moved home from Florida in Jan. of 08. I gained about 30 lbs. I want to lose most of it before I go back in Aug.

My plans for the summer are to just survive. I am moving back down to Florida in the middle of Aug. (I check in the 19th to be exact.) And I want to lose some weight before I go back. I'm hoping this challange will be the motivation I need!

My favorite Disney song is either the soundtrack to Wishes (I know it's more than one song...) or "Your heart will lead you home" from the home on the range.
FGIT!
WDWCP Spring 2010
MK Auto Plaza & Mickey's Gift Station
Summer Alumni 2011
Yacht and Beach Merchandise

PDFG and everyone else that needs it!
uptown_girl44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #60
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyNC View Post
Today is a new day, ready to get more focused on my exercising, drinking water and better portion control. I too need to focus on eating more fresh fruits, veggies are never the problem but the fruits I just don't seem to get in.
Sounds like a great plan to stay on track, Tammy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBaloo View Post
Its a stat holiday tomorrow, and it feels so good to take some time to just relax.
Enjoy your day off. Hope the weather cooperates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
I was about to blow off my workout because it's late in the day and I haven't done anything, but it's just a walk today so there's no reason not to take it.
Nice job getting back on track, Maria!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
I can totally identify with I'm never gonna catch my breath and Boy, was I a fool in school for cutting gym when I'm trying to run!
Another fool who cut gym here . . . we didn't even have to take PE after we were freshmen in high school. So sad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping*Beauty View Post
Hi, I'm Jessica. I've tried to do a few of these challenges before but, they didn't last. Hopefully the QOTD will keep me motivated to come check-in.
Welcome, Jessica! Be sure and PM your starting weight to LuvBaloo.

Quote:
Go, Melanie, go! I knew you would hit your stride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulamc View Post
I love that song too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Anyways my second pick would 'probly be Scales and Arpeggios from Aristocats. I used to play that song over and over on our turn table. The sad part is I was in my teens at the time. The glimmerings of early crazy cat lady I guess.
Susan, it doesn't surprise me at all that you would love a song from the Aristocrats!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: