Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #16
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

Jackie -- I highly recommend The Beck Diet Solution. Thinking about what I'm doing is the hardest part for me, and this book has really been helpful.

I did my 4 mi run this morning, and this afternoon I'm taking ds shopping for dh's birthday on Wed. Hopefully I'll burn a few calories walking around the mall!

Maria

Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:26 AM   #17
LuvBaloo
DIS Veteran

Today's QOTD is a two part question. Tell us a little about yourself and your goals for this challenge.

My name is LuvBaloo. I've been married for 11 years, although DH & I have been together for 19 years. We were high school friends who became a couple 2 days after graduating, so not quite high school sweethearts
I have to DD's ages 4 & 7. I work full time and am taking one correspondence course at a time hoping to switch careers.
My weight slowly crept up through my adult years, and last Christmas I decided to get my butt in gear and do something about it. I started BL7 in January and have been slowly chipping off the pounds this year.

I'm happy that so many people have sent their starting weights in, and unfortunately I haven't done mine yet. I use the WiiFit for my scale, and DH set up the new TV on Thursday evening and hasn't got the Wii working yet He was supposed to have it working for this morning, but there's still no picture, so when gets up he wakes up he'll have to fix it for me!

LuvBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #18
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Oh, that sounds so wonderful! Unfortunately I don't know if I'd be able to keep QUIET and not try to sing along.
I did have to get my DS who is 9 to stop "conducting" once. I told him to do his conducting by his knees. There was an adult behind me who had a comment about just about everything at the beginning but finally quieted down. It was a wonderful concert and they did music from the Pirates of the Caribean for the encore. It is a treat to watch those songs played live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2E's View Post
Just saw this new thread and it is a sign. I must join.
Welcome! Be sure and PM your starting weight to LuvBaloo. First weigh in is Friday, 5/22. You may want to read the sticky at the top of the WISH page, too, if you haven't already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
I did my 4 mi run this morning, and this afternoon I'm taking ds shopping for dh's birthday on Wed. Hopefully I'll burn a few calories walking around the mall!
Nice job getting that exercise done right off the bat!

Thank you again for being our weightkeeper, LuvBaloo. Hope the WiiFit gets hooked up soon. I don't know why it is so hard to connect all the electronics to the t.v. but it is!

QOTD -- What are your plans for the summer? How will your plans help or hinder your goals for this challenge?

I have a DL trip coming up on 6/10. That helps my goals because I working, working to get in better shape for that trip. I can tell the 30 day shred video is giving me stamina. Still working on that in between days workout. Today I'll track my steps and make sure they are up there.

Later this summer, we will go to Lake Okoboji with all of DH's family. They have a places that has been in the family for 116 years. Everyone takes turns cooking so you don't have a lot of control of what is served. I am going to have to come up with some strategies to be sure I stay on track no matter who is cooking.

Have a great day, losers! Take good care of yourselves.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #19
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Sat morning. I just pm'd Luvbaloo my starting weight.

I will be 54 the 29th of this month. I lost some weight a couple of years ago but it has all come back. A good deal of it has been from this year. Ds2 left for college and is having not only fun but doing well (we are talking Dean's List well) but a month after he left I came down with shingles. If I am very tired I will still feel the pain but it has made me very lazy since It took me over two months to get off the medication. I also just found out (this week) that the bunion on my left foot is the least of my worries. My arch is extremely flat, there is a third bone spur and then the ankle has arthritis. I am reading everything I can about arthritis do see if there is a better diet to help it. It does hinder me in walking but I know I have to do something because what I have read so far all talks about keeping active and losing weight. Might be hard to do if I do get the bunion removed in June.

I have been married for almost 31 years this AUg and have 2 great sons 24 and 19. I could not ask for a better husband (college sweethearts) or sons. I have been at the same job for 32 years. I teach math and especially in the past few years AP calc. I love what I do and most of the kids are great.

Good luck to everyone. I will be introducing a new COW next week
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #20
My2E's
Meanwhile, in a town called Spoons...

QOTD -- What are your plans for the summer? How will your plans help or hinder your goals for this challenge?

We had started to plan a beach trip, but then my car started acting up and we decided it was time for a new one. So, that kind of dipped into our vacation $. Now we just can't decide if we will go or not. I suppose it is somewhat hindering me at the moment. If I had definite plans I think I would be more determined to lose a little more in order to look good in the old bathing suit.

I am going to try to start thinking about it like we will go anyway. I definitely need to go shopping today. We have no groceries! Nothing healthy to eat this morning! I am so not organized starting this yet, but plan to get it together today! I am one of those people that have a hard time eating right for some reason if I don't have it all planned out. I know it sounds crazy, but if my house is messy it makes it harder for me to eat healthy and exercise. For some reason I just want to be lazier when the house is a wreck. Crazy huh?
Old 05-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #21
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Well, I just returned from a trip, and other than a beat the heat weekend mid-summer to Prescott, I have nothing till Labor Day. So I'll be focused on eating healthy and swimming all summer long!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #22
estherhead
DIS Veteran

My plans for the summer include a trip to Williamsburg, VA and a small trip to Wheeling, WV. Neither of those should throw me off, though. But I have a TON of parties I have to attend in May & June. So that will be my challenge. And in July I have 5 wedding cakes to bake so that will be tricky too. It's not too bad, but I do have to taste the frosting & end product to make sure it is up to my standards and goofy as this is, I hate wasting calories on it. I wish I could just trust my family as my tasters, but I can't. If I haven't tasted it myself, I worry.

Anyway, we also have a pool in our backyard & we spend a lot of time there & grill out a lot. So I should be able to stay right on track with that.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #23
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

Our plans for the summer include a vacation at Universal in June, and then several day trips on Saturdays -- Salem (yes, that Salem), the Freedom Trail, Boston Harbor Islands, etc. We've decided we need to make a better effort to see more of the area we live in. We've been to most of these places, but we're going to take time to really enjoy our adventures. I will have a major obstacle in the Orlando trip. We're staying club and it's going to be hard for me to get out of the "get my money's worth" mentality so I don't overeat. Plus, my favorite restaurant is Margaritaville, I can't say no to volcano nachos -- and you know it's 5 o'clock somewhere

It's all going to be a matter of balance. I'm just going to take each day as it comes and try to limit myself to one indulgence per day. The local trips are easier, although every time we go to the North End of Boston I have to stop at Mike's Pastry shop (incredible pizelles, gelato, Italian cookies, etc.). My dh makes fun of me and likes to say, "You can't find the post office in your own neighborhood, but you can find a pastry shop hidden away on a narrow street in the North End." Yep, I can!

Maria

Old 05-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #24
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

My name is Susan- the screen name is in reference to Jayne Mansfield- I really just love her. there's more to her the the Hollywood blond bombshell image- she had 5 kids, her husband was in the military and she was so poor she struck out on her own to take pictures for groceries and in doing so was --discovered. She was a firm believer in exercise (which in the 50's was practically unheard of for a woman) and attracted crowds at the base she was living doing exercises in her front yard lol. She had a lot of drive and ambition, her first husband had big problems with this and left her. She eventually married Mr. Universe and Mariska Hargitay is her daughter from that marriage (Law and Order)

I guess I was thinking about her because in last weeks Family Guy episode they were doing a parody of Stephen King's Stand By me and one of them while looking at a playboy says something about the girls starving themselves and there couldn't be one of them under 180 lol. Anyway, I recently lost 25 pounds and fully intend to keep it that way even though every day is a struggle. I'd like to lose 10 more pounds but I'm not really sure about that. Trying hard to find the motivation. Just maintaining has been a struggle though the last month. Doing nothing really this summer, just saving for the next trip to Disneyland, next June.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:15 PM   #25
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Happy weekend!! It's great to see everyone here so motivated. We are all going to succeed at this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Today's QOTD is a two part question. Tell us a little about yourself and your goals for this challenge.

Kathy and Tammy, sounds like you are both raring to go. What is PFP?

!
I'm Kathy, a nurse and a single mom to DS7 which keeps me busy enough. I have always struggled with weight, pretty much yo-yo-ing my whole adult life, lose a little gain it all back, plus 10, etc. Almost 4 years ago, I rejoined weight watchers, and said it would be the last time, and lost about 40 pounds over about 2 years. I stuck with in another year, and wasn't losing anymore, so I quit, and did it on my own for a year, kept it off half the year, and regained 20 the second half. I rejoined WW this fall, and I've lost 7, but keep going up and down with the same few pounds. My highest weight was 226, and I'm 198 now. My goal for this challenge is to lose 15 pounds and get back to 183, which is where I was last april. I have some nice clothes from last spring that I want to fit again before summer is over. Plus I wear scrubs to work, and threw out my larger size last year when I went down a size, and now they are tight, so I need to lose this weight. I will not buy a larger size again.
I started my here on the Disboards when I was planning my son's first disney trip for his 5th bday, and after that trip, found the wish board, and have found so much great support here. It's a great group of people here.

Lisa- the pfp challenge is the biggest loser pound for pound challenge, where you go to the website and pledge how much weight you are going to lose and they match that amount with food that they donate to the hungry. It's open to continue pledging until the end of may. I pledged 15 pounds to them, and will lose that this time.

Quote:
I did have to get my DS who is 9 to stop "conducting" once. I told him to do his conducting by his knees. There was an adult behind me who had a comment about just about everything at the beginning but finally quieted down. It was a wonderful concert and they did music from the Pirates of the Caribean for the encore. It is a treat to watch those songs played live!
That's so cute you son was conducting. Sounds like a nice night. Last year, my niece's middle school choir did a concert of disney music, and it was so fun.

Quote:
We have a couple weekends camping planned, and I have the last week of august/first week of sept off that we will go camping for part of, and do some day trips, beach, local amusementwater parks also. We are loving baseball, and also have a few minor league baseball games that we're planning to go to. I also have a big july 4th party, which is probably my biggest challenge. But if I can stay incontrol earlier in the week, and enjoy the day, and get right back on track the next day, I'll be successful. To stick with this challenge, I need to plan some healthy foods for camping, and good snacks for the baseball games, but also plan in some splurges for those times. If I want to have a few drinks while I'm camping, I'll do that. I'll have only one smore, not 5 around the campfire. Doing ww, when I'm on track and motivated, it's easy to plan, and not feel deprived, but it's when that insane person sneaks back into my head, and before I know it I've eaten 10 cookies is when I lose it. I want to keep myself more aware of what I'm eating this summer, and sit and enjoy the food, not just wolf it down like there's no tomorrow. It sounds so simple, I just need to think before I eat, yet it can be so hard sometimes.

Have a nice weekend everyone. Gotta get out and enjoy the beautiful day before the rain comes this afternoon.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #26
mikamah
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
Our plans for the summer include a vacation at Universal in June, and then several day trips on Saturdays -- Salem (yes, that Salem), the Freedom Trail, Boston Harbor Islands, etc. We've decided we need to make a better effort to see more of the area we live in. We've been to most of these places, but we're going to take time to really enjoy our adventures. I will have a major obstacle in the Orlando trip. We're staying club and it's going to be hard for me to get out of the "get my money's worth" mentality so I don't overeat. Plus, my favorite restaurant is Margaritaville, I can't say no to volcano nachos -- and you know it's 5 o'clock somewhere
Hi Maria. Are you right in boston? We live in danvers, right next to salem, and it's so true that there is so much to see locally, but we don't do it. I've not done any of the museums in Salem, but I love to go down and walk around Pickering wharf and poke in the shops. Have you been in October? That is a trip.
You just reminded me that we want to go into boston and do a Duck tour, this summer. we had tried last fall, but didn't get tickets early enough.
Nice to meet you neighbor.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #27
newholidayx2
Searching for the perfect tree
Do you get bunny kisses?

[QUOTE=LuvBaloo;31848615]Today's QOTD is a two part question. Tell us a little about yourself and your goals for this challenge.

Im Barb - recently moved to FL from MA - came down for a WDW vacation in Sept and all but a month have been down here. Drove down day after Christmas. Met up with someone who treated me very badly, got caught on his DUI charge so trying to get myself out of the system. Also going through a divorce in MA, have a 17 yr old son living there too.
Soooo with all the stress Ive been under I gained 15 lbs! yikes! time to get it back off - i'll feel better about myself.
Joined gym about a 45min walk away from where Im living. This past week attended 10 gym classes, walked 30min/every day and 4x (2hrs total) on the weight machines.

Nov 2009 - employed by Disney
Dec 27 2008 - relocated to FL
newholidayx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #28
newholidayx2
Searching for the perfect tree
Do you get bunny kisses?

[QUOTE=ibouncetoo;31849402]QOTD -- What are your plans for the summer? How will your plans help or hinder your goals for this challenge?

my summer plans? hopefully to get to as many EpCot concerts as possible - lots of groups playing in the America gardens. Get more settled, license back, weight loss, reduced stress and hopefully find a job.

Good luck to everyone

Nov 2009 - employed by Disney
Dec 27 2008 - relocated to FL
newholidayx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #29
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

I am going to be the downer for the group. I have no plans for the summer except possibly foot surgery. I am still waiting to set the date to have my bunion removed. I am getting together books to read, puzzles to do and needlework pieces to work on. I need to do this so I can get back to work in the fall. I do have a week of work scheduled in Aug where the school is paying me to go in to do some work and maybe a week late in July when I can get around to do the same thing.

Everyone else's plans sound great. I do have to get up to Boston again. I haven't been there in 25 years. The local news just did a story about SPringfield and the NBA Hall of Fame. I am surprised we have never been there. We have been to Cooperstown and the NFL Hall of Fame in Canton but never NBA. My dh asked why we had never been there.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #30
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikamah View Post
Hi Maria. Are you right in boston? We live in danvers, right next to salem, and it's so true that there is so much to see locally, but we don't do it. I've not done any of the museums in Salem, but I love to go down and walk around Pickering wharf and poke in the shops. Have you been in October? That is a trip.
You just reminded me that we want to go into boston and do a Duck tour, this summer. we had tried last fall, but didn't get tickets early enough.
Nice to meet you neighbor.
Hi Kathy!

Yep, I actually live in Boston, East Boston to be specific. We usually go to Salem when we have out of town guests, so we end up walking around the central area, doing one of the witch trials, and eating at Red's. I think I'm afraid to go in Oct. I'd like to actually take time to really see some of the sites, rather than hitting the surface. I've been through the House of Seven Gables about three times, so I think I've hit my limit on that one, though!

The Duck tours are awesome! They will let your son drive while you are in the Charles, he will love it! We also want to do one of the graveyard tours at night. I think my ds11 will really enjoy that.

Very nice to meet you, too!

Maria

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: