Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Tasty Planning Time with ZeBrook! A 2 for 1 PTR - 12/24 - All our bags are packed

Table of Contents

NYE PTR Stuffs:
- Welcome & Introductions
- How "The Plans" got changed before they were even made
- The Resort Dance
- 199 Days and Counting!
- Kidani, here we come!
- Flights, ADRs and more
- Ahhh! It's ADR Day!
- Finally, some progress!
- The Plan 1.0
- Disney World circa 1985
- Mail Call and a Hotel Change
- 24 Days To Go, and 20 Things on the To Do List
- Travel Sized Bliss
- 16 To Do's, 18 Days!
- To Do's and Park Touring Plans
- Small Changes and a New Mickey
- Single Digit Dancing!
- I really should have known better...
- A couple changes...
- Suitcases and Social Networking
- 4 days and 20 inches?!
- All our bags are packed, we're ready to go

September PTR Stuffs:
- I have an Annual Pass burning a hole in my back pocket
- The Plan
- The Eats!
- Value Flights and Value Resorts
- Big 'ol changes. Surprised? Me neither.
- The Plan 1.1
- Shoes and News
- Let's talk MUNCHIES!
- Dollar Store Goodies
- 50 Days
- The Plan 1.2
- Pre-Trip Report Randomness
- The Rides
- A Week of Mickey Mail
- The Countdown Begins!
- Three weeks from today, we'll be...
- Pre-Trip Report Randomness...Part Deux!
- Countdown update
- ONE week from today!

- Wishes & EVCs
- Wishes - UPDATE!
- A long drawn out post on ECVs, but I included pretty pictures at the end!
- A Hidden Mickey in our bathroom
- Leavin' on a jet plane
- We are back!
- New TR is UP!

Non-PTR Stuffs:
Mini-TR: Celebrating in Wisconsin Dells
- Wisconsin Dells: The Waterpark Capital of the World
- The World's Lamest Update
- Continued from previous post (this time with real content )
- Henry and his hot date. Part One.
- Henry and his hot date. Part Two.
- BREAKFAST BUFFET! Part One.
- BREAKFAST BUFFET! Part Two.
- Guess what Henry found? Part One.
- Guess what Henry found? Part Two.
- Guess what Henry found? Part Three.
- Adventure Golf, where the biggest "adventure" is pushing your stroller up a hill
- Seeing another side of the Dells. Part One.
-
Seeing another side of the Dells. Part Two.
-
Seeing another side of the Dells. Part Three.
- Seeing another side of the Dells. Part Four.

- A Birthday Surprise

- Henry the Race Car Driver

Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Last edited by brookelizabeth; 12-24-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Welcome & Introductions

HELLO!

Welcome and thank you for joining in with me on this journey of planning! If you have a young child you may get my PTR Title...if not, click here and enjoy some "Tasty Time with ZeFronk!" It's a very fun short.

I am not a weiner dog or a chef, nor is my name Fronk...I am Brook. If you have read my TRs and followed me here, THANKS! Good to see you again! If you are new to my adventures, I'll tell you a bit about myself...

That's me (at the Grand Floridian Tea! ). I'm 29 years old, wife to

Joe.

And Momma to

Henry!

Joe and I are both techy geeks. I also enjoy the history of Walt Disney and think he was an incredible visonary who was beyond his time.

We love most all types of rides from simple to the intensity of EE.

My favorite thing about going to Disney World is seeing the magic of it unfold through my son's eyes.

Henry (20 months) is a sincere lover of Playhouse Disney...Mickey Mouse Club, Handy Manny and the Choo-Choo Soul short top the list...despite me singing "ZeFronk" around the house Trains and all mode of transportation intrigue my little motorhead! He is very into cars, "ba" (buses) and "trus, trus" (trucks).

This will be our fourth trip to Disney World, number three for Henry. It is our second DVC trip, but our first one "HOME" to AKV!

That is our clan...

but wait!

There is MORE!

Who else could be going?

My DMIL (Grammy), DFIL (Poppa) and DSIL (Auntie KK)!

<--FYI...I really like this guy. You will probably see him often.

Um...ya...so...where are the pictures of the in-laws??

I've scoured my computer and Photobucket account for quite sometime looking for a decent picture of my in-laws and for some reason am coming up empty handed.

I know they exist!

I just don't know WHERE they exist!

So, I promise, when I am able to take a few decent shots and/or if I come across some, I will post and 'introduce' you to the fam.

Who, by the way, are FANTASTIC. I love my in-laws!

When we purchased DVC we had in mind to take family/friends every other year or so with us. We asked some very close friends of ours, but they cannot swing it this year-so we are looking at 2010 with them - but we still wanted to bring someone with us for this trip. Both Joe and I kept mentioning how fun it would be for Grammy to see Henry at the parks.

So we asked...and YES! They are thrilled to come with!

Up next: How "The Plans" got changed before they were even made.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Last edited by brookelizabeth; 05-14-2009 at 01:19 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Brook!
I'm here, can't wait!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences

Hey Brook! I can't wait to follow along
Old 05-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi Brook!
I'm here, can't wait!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by troobabiee7 View Post
Hey Brook! I can't wait to follow along

You two are QUICK!
Thanks for following along.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #6
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Hey Brook! I'm here. We are very familiar with ZeFronk at my house as well as all the Playhouse Disney crew. Can't wait to hear all your plans for the trip and watch Henry continue to grow over the next 226 days!
Old 05-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Brook- can't wait to hear all about this trip you are planning. I also want to say I think you are headed into my favorite age. I love two year olds, their wonder, their questions! I think the terrible twos aren't terrible at all (now at three- yikes!)
It will be so fun to see how Henry reacts this trip. Plus this trip will come in the midst of the cold boring long winter... and long after our trip!
Old 05-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #8
thewesterberg
DIS Veteran

Hey Brook! So glad you're doing another TR! (Just gotta catch up on the end of your other one!) Can't wait to hear all about your planning adventures!!

Childhood Trip to WDW - 4/1989, DL with friends - 2/2005, WDW with DH & DS - 9/2007, DL with friends - 2/2008, WDW Surprise! - 8/2008,
WDW Grand Gathering 8/2009, Expedition Everest Challenge 9/2009, Mom & Son Impromptu 6/2010, Christmas at WDW 12/2010, Happy Mother's Day Mom & Son 5/2011 OUR VACATION MUSIC VIDEO
Old 05-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
shebaxric
Disaholic Since 1980!!!

I'm here Brook!! I'm ready for all the fun the PTR has to offer!
Old 05-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #10
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to the PTR.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
moparop
DIS Veteran

I made it over here! Now, I'll be singing the Zefrank song every time I open your PTR - good stuff I tell you! :up: My kids love that show, Liam says... "look the cooking!"

We did a trip last summer with my parents and it was such an awesome week. How fun to share it with the ILs!
Old 05-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #12
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Hey Brook! I'm here. We are very familiar with ZeFronk at my house as well as all the Playhouse Disney crew. Can't wait to hear all your plans for the trip and watch Henry continue to grow over the next 226 days!
Hi Jill! Thanks for joining in!
Thank you as well for sending Erica my way about the Photopass!

I also highly enjoy "Can you teach my alligator manners?" and the Happy Monster Band has some very catchy tunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Brook- can't wait to hear all about this trip you are planning. I also want to say I think you are headed into my favorite age. I love two year olds, their wonder, their questions! I think the terrible twos aren't terrible at all (now at three- yikes!)
It will be so fun to see how Henry reacts this trip. Plus this trip will come in the midst of the cold boring long winter... and long after our trip!
That is so wonderful to hear about the age 2! Lately Henry has been FUSSY. Sometimes it seems he gets upset that he wants something but can't tell us what it is. And other times, I think he knows, but just plain refuses to tell us. He's getting better though as he learns more words and as we encourage him to "use your words please". I do like sharing in the wonder with him, it's so sweet!

I don't think I'm subscribed to your PTR! I really thought I was. Fixing that right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewesterberg View Post
Hey Brook! So glad you're doing another TR! (Just gotta catch up on the end of your other one!) Can't wait to hear all about your planning adventures!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaxric View Post
I'm here Brook!! I'm ready for all the fun the PTR has to offer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Looking forward to the PTR.
Hiya! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
I made it over here! Now, I'll be singing the Zefrank song every time I open your PTR - good stuff I tell you! :up: My kids love that show, Liam says... "look the cooking!"

We did a trip last summer with my parents and it was such an awesome week. How fun to share it with the ILs!
That is so cute, "look the cooking!" ZeFronk is a very fun weiner dog.

I'm really excited about taking our in-laws, the are newbies!
Old 05-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #13
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Hi Brook,

Still following you from 'across the pond'. Looking forward to reading all about your plans for your next trip.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Old 05-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #14
Vexorg
Princess Wanted

Looks like I actually managed to catch this one before it got 27 pages in.

My Blog: http://thesledgehammer.wordpress.com - The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Old 05-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #15
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

I'm here...now I want your trip to hurry up and happen so I can go on mine!

I do not know who ZeFronk is....yet anyways...I'm sure in time Caleb will let me know who they are all. I am now getting acquianted with Handy Manny and all of his tool friends according to my 2.5 yr old newphew!

Oh and it took me a while to realize who "NYE" was...until I realized New Years Eve!

Can't wait to hear how the trip with the inlaws go...I too my inlaws! I am a very lucky girl who married into a wonderful family. My MIL keeps Caleb and my 3 yr old niece everyday!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: