Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #91
ya librarian
Earning My Ears

We will be staying for the 8th time at All Star Music 11/29 - 12/8 using a 40% off pin code for 6 nights and a AAA discount for the other two. We have received discount codes several times after making our ressies, and our TA has adjusted our trip accordingly (we use The Magic for Less, not AAA--had a very bad experience with AAA). This overlaps Pop Warner by 2 days, but we are feeling pretty brave as we have been there with them before and not had major issues. We have not noticed any crowding in the parks, as most of the kids are at practices and games during the day.

We love AS Music and find it cheerful and more than adequate for the price. Staying at a value resort makes yearly trips affordable for us. The grounds are nicely landscaped and the giant icons make fun photo backgrounds. At the All Stars you can use all 3 food courts and all 6 pools if you wish--although our son is quite attached to the very large guitar pool. The Family Suites are so popular that we have been unable to reserve one, so I can't speak from personal experience, but through the windows they look very nice.
ya librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:58 PM   #92
chell
Mushu's Best Friend...now in color!
Can you tell if my tag is real or fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njacob View Post
Hi Suzanne. When you say "Crowded" during POP week, what do you mean? Do you mean it took 90-120 minutes to get on an atraction, 30-45, or 15-20? Were FP issued every hour or every 2 hours? Were you ever there during Spring Break? If so, was it that kind of crowded? I was there 3/08 and attractions actually said wait time 90-120min. or by noon an attraction said "no more FP are being issued today".

Thank you SO much for any answers you can provide. I do really appreciate it!

I hope you don't mind me answering. We were there during Pop week last year. It was pretty busy. Lots of people told us not to worry, but it was pretty bad. The posted wait time for BTMRR was 20 minutes but we waited one hour and 15 minutes. That is the longest I have ever waited in line for a ride at WDW. Several people have said last year wasn't bad so I don't know if we were just in the wrong parks at the wrong times. Fast passes for the most popular rides were gone very quickly.

No matter what you will have a great time!

chell is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2009, 08:23 AM   #93
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Talking oh no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider97 View Post
Yep, my parents got a pin code email that had the kids eat, play, and stay free and the bottom was for the 35% off the resort portion. We used the top one for us, checking in on Dec. 16th (they are staying at the same time as us) it applied for our whole stay, but then I tried to get the 35% off one applied to their reservation and it would only apply to the 16th and 17th wouldn't extend past. Odd...guess that means I just need to keep looking for a general code to save them some $$.
Oh no! I got an email about kids eat, play & stay free but I deleted it because I do not have children.

I didn't even read it through, so I didn't know about the 35% off on the bottom! Does this mean I lost it?
Old 05-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #94
Princess Glenda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Oh no! I got an email about kids eat, play & stay free but I deleted it because I do not have children.

I didn't even read it through, so I didn't know about the 35% off on the bottom! Does this mean I lost it?
I would call and ask the CM to check to see what type of pin code is attached to your name. I don't even remember getting an e-mail but called and asked and there was a free dining code attached to my name. It can't hurt to ask. Good luck!

Glenda
Old 05-10-2009, 01:22 PM   #95
edgechc@hotmail.com
Earning My Ears

Treehouse Villa here we come

We are booked Dec 7-12th... SSR - THV

Last (and first) trip was Dec 1-5 2006 at OKW

We actually saw the Old Villas when wew were on the boat to/from OKW to DTD and asked the captain about them - he gave us a little history lesson about the old villas and told us they we being used by foriegn students working at Epcot....

A little worried about the whole Pop Warner thing, but I think they were there at the same time we were in 2006 - (saw a lot of cheerleaders etc...) and it was not bad at all...
edgechc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #96
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

We have a large Pop Century Countdown: What Will You Celebrate thread going. It includes a chronological list of disers and their travel dates. Hope some of you will join us. Here's the link. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2033980

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #97
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Thanks for the link Mickeystoontown, I just went over and posted our dates and celebration.

Suzanne
Old 05-12-2009, 10:02 AM   #98
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

I put the deposit down!!!! DH and myself will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversasry at POP Nov. 29 - Dec. 4. I'm so excited. We would have loved to stay at a deluxe but with my DH's work being very slow (construction) it just wasn't in the cards now. But who cares, I'm going to WDW with the love of my life and w/o the kids. This is our first vacation w/o the boys, 21, 20 and 11. Only the 11 year old will be disappointed. Who knows maybe we'll be able to get another trip in with him next year. Just wanted to share.

Lynn
lynn46356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #99
kawc1945
Newly loving Disney!

We are still anxiously awaiting a PIN or some discounts to come out, hoping to get them added for a price break! Crossing my fingers!
kawc1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #100
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn46356 View Post
I put the deposit down!!!! DH and myself will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversasry at POP Nov. 29 - Dec. 4. I'm so excited. We would have loved to stay at a deluxe but with my DH's work being very slow (construction) it just wasn't in the cards now. But who cares, I'm going to WDW with the love of my life and w/o the kids. This is our first vacation w/o the boys, 21, 20 and 11. Only the 11 year old will be disappointed. Who knows maybe we'll be able to get another trip in with him next year. Just wanted to share.

Lynn

I just had to smile when I read this: we went to WDW for our 25th anniversary in Feb 2008!

We stayed 5 nights at the Wilderness Lodge and 3 at the Dolphin. We have 3 girls instead of boys, and they were 24, 22 and 11 when we went. We did take our youngest, because she hadn't been since she turned 5, I would have felt too guilty leaving her home.

I'm still looking forward to the first trip with just me and my husband.
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #101
chris24
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelovMickey! View Post
Yep...We will be there 5-13 we got BLT for the 9-13 cause that is our home resort but got OKW for the rest. I wanted BLT or AKL but they had nothing. I am going to be happy, the rooms at OKW are huge and BLT well... Good luck with your waitlist!!

we were there the same time 3 years ago, and the park was empty. i am a little nervous that the place will be crowded this year - considering there are no DVC rooms available except for saratoga .....
chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #102
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24 View Post
we were there the same time 3 years ago, and the park was empty. i am a little nervous that the place will be crowded this year - considering there are no DVC rooms available except for saratoga .....
You know I think that Disney holds rooms for cash paying guests

Just my thought about it.
WelovMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #103
kmom
Mouseketeer

Fairy Godmother Mail

Hi - I posted this in another forum and no one answered so I am trying it here for those of you traveling for Christmas time. I would love to spread some Pixie Dust to your kids! I will mail them a postcard from Mickey while I am there in Sept!! PM me the names of your kids and when you will be there. Someone is doing this for me and I wanted to Pay it forward!! I will take the first family to answer....

Several families answerd in a matter of minutes!!! I will be mailing 5 while there!

Last edited by kmom; 05-14-2009 at 07:50 PM.
kmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #104
jesridge
Mouseketeer

Were Booked December 26th-31st at Pop!
Old 05-15-2009, 03:43 PM   #105
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

I'm joining the December thread. We will be at CR from 11/29- 12/05. I can't wait to see those Holiday fireworks.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: