Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2009, 02:02 AM   #136
LittleBlackRaincloud
It's a disguise, not an attitude
Should wear a sun shirt for the next trip
Is haunted by visions of Elvis in the Mansion
All this talk has my uterus in a bunch!

Hi everyone! I'm still around. I cannot believe how much you all chatted today!

So, here's the latest on my apartment situation. I was about halfway though all the laundry when the dryer decided to stop heating up. I guess 10 loads in 12 hours was too much for it. DH called the office and they told him they'd try to send a man out tomorrow since all the maintanence guys were gone for the day. DH is too nice. I get on the phone and tell them that I have to have a dryer, and that I needed the man to come out in the morning. She got rude, and then I gave her the run down of what my mother's day was like, and that if I didn't get a dryer, all my clothes were going to start mildewing because they are wet with the neighbors toilet water! Funny, after my meltdown, she found a maintanence man! I had a new dryer half an hour later.

The manager came by this morning, and we're getting all new carpet. The carpet man was concerned that the pad was not drying, and he didn't want us living with mold. So, now the carpet man is coming back to finish cleaning the carpet tomorrow, and then I get to have the fun job of moving all our stuff into the only room that wasn't affected. They are moving the furniture though. Then, I'll have to move it all back. *sigh* This apartment is going to be full of all brand new stuff at the rate I'm going!

That's all that's going on around here. If you need me, you'll find me in the laundry room....

Our Family: DH-Bruce , Me-Heather , DS7-Nathan , DS6-Nolan , DD4-Natalie
LittleBlackRaincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #137
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

(((((Heather)))))) I'm soooooooo glad they're replacing the carpets!!!!! That would have been bad if they hadn't!!! Mold/mildew can make you really sick & after a soaking like you got, there would be no way to completely dry it with out totally tearing it up anyway.
Isn't it funny how hubby's can be so sweet on the phone & then get off & complain to us?!! I usually end up being the "heavy" as well when something needs to get done. Congrats on the new dryer!!

Hope today is even better & the rest of your week goes smooth!

Oh my my, does Molly know she's the "chosen one"???

In my quick glancing over the thread.....I'll I saw was Privates & Seaman....... Had to actually go back & read things to clarify the picture in my head!!!!!

Hope everyone has a Super Tuesday!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #138
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Holy Moly, I had a lot of catching up to do. Ready, go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacerita View Post
I would say its more like a Trader Joe's. They sell very few other brands, and sell their own brand as well. They concentrate on fresh foods. They also have a lot of ready to go things that are really yummy. I find them to be really cheap with certain things. Stay away from the dessert case. You can go broke there.
Interesting…. I’m heading straight to the dessert case when they open, just because you mentioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
I don't have a Facebook account thingy or whatever you call it either.
Thank you. Now I don’t feel so left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Ok--I hate to admit this--but . . ... . what elephant?
There’s a big green elephant sitting on a table in Gibson Girl over in the corner. She’s staring at everyone’s ice cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Whaa...no FB?? Seriously???
I know. What am I missing out on? Even more Diva chat!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
molly we are sending you good baby vibes!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
Doin' the baby dance for Molly!

I’m in for the dance! Baby dancing for Molly!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
In my quick glancing over the thread.....I'll I saw was Privates & Seaman....... Had to actually go back & read things to clarify the picture in my head!!!!!

Heather ~ I’m glad everything is working out with your apartment and they’re replacing your carpets!!!

Linda and Brianne ~ I agree with everyone else, you look like sisters!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #139
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Yes! In addition to the phone being better for you, it will have a better resale value if you get the newest version.
I am iPhone dysfunctional....it will have a better resale value? How is the new one better? Well besides the GB? I have been in Blueberry world as my sweet Dawn would call my phone.
I'd forgotten about that weird baby. Remember when it was on Ally McBeal?
That baby always freaked me out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
There’s a big green elephant sitting on a table in Gibson Girl over in the corner. She’s staring at everyone’s ice cream.

I have never been there....

I know. What am I missing out on? Even more Diva chat!?
Guess you will need to sign up to find out...we have lots of fun over there....

Heather~ I am happy to hear that things are getting replaced, but I am sorry things keep breaking. I hope you have a better day.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #140
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
So I spend ONE afternoon really concentrating on work and you guys move to a new thread and already have logged five pages! Gosh!
Ain't that the truth!! Only I haven't been on since Saturday! So Cheryl..........how did you bang your lip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21yankees View Post
Hi All!!!

Thank you all for the kind words.

I know someone on the previous thread (I tried to find the post ) had asked what this "Tech. Sgt. Stephanie Brennan, 412th Logistics Test Squadron F-22 Raptor logistics test and evaluation noncommissioned officer in charge" means? So here goes my rank is Technical (Tech for short) Sergeant. I am assigned to the 412th Logistics Test Squadron. This squadron looks at the latest in aircraft systems while in a developmental stage. We get to see the systems before the rest of the Air Force by doing so we're able to fix any problems that we find before the systems are released to the Air Force as a whole. Specifially I work with the F-22 aircraft also known as Raptor. Logistics test and evaluation is the testing, documenting and evaluating the new systems. Noncommisioned officer in charge is that I'm the 'boss' of the enlisted members within my section. By the way I don't like the term boss but it's better than 'in charge'. I hope that makes sense and I didn't confuse anyone further.

Laurie I love your family picture.

I hope you all are having a great day!

Today was definitely a Monday. I spent all but lunch today in day one of the conference....Only 4 more days to go...

steph
Thanks for your explanation Steph! Your job sounds sooooo interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Ok, as promised, here are a few pix of the Sweet Sunday event Cheryl, Doris, Brianne, DH(Chris) & I attended yesterday.

Here are the first two desserts served. The third one (ice cream sundae) was the best, but by that time I had had 4 glasses of champagne (BTW they are small flutes) and taking pix was not on my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
The (wanna-be) parade at DL

Our room at the Grand (standard, but still lovely)

And finally, the last thing we saw for the day as we checked out.

Love all the pics Linda! It looks like you all had a great time! Right down to the very "end!" Did you enjoy the special Mother's Day Brunch? Was it worth the cost? What was the entertainment for the event? Cheryl, you may chime in with your thoughts too!

It seems weird that I originally was going to be there last weekend for Mother's Day too, and staying at the Grand. Oh well...................we will be there in a couple of from weeks now.

PS- Looking back at the pictures I see that you guys were at a Food and Wine event.........not the Mother's Day Brunch?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #141
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Good morning ladies! I just wanted to pop in and say hi before I head out to the kitchen.

Molly--I'm dancing for you girl!

Heather--Life had got to get easier for you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day! I'll try to check in later!

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #142
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

I am lost...........

I'm thinking that Heather had a flood? And is getting new carpet?

Is someone making a digital scrapook perchance?

A new T-shirt design?

What else is going on?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #143
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Oh Billy Hill fans........................Does Kirk usually perform on the weekends? I want to take my Mom and Sisters to see the Billy Hillbillies, and want to make sure that he is the one performing that day.

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #144
Queenbillabong
Second to the right and straight on til morning
Just like melted butter
We may need a table by the loo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
I am lost...........

I'm thinking that Heather had a flood? And is getting new carpet?

Is someone making a digital scrapook perchance?

A new T-shirt design?

What else is going on?
I think Kerry is making a digital scrapbook. I think some other people said they were going to work on t-shirt designs, but I have not seen anything yet.........
Old 05-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #145
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

Morning all! Wow you guys have been chatty. WHEW. I don't know if I can even remember everything.

Poor Heather you have really been in for it! Well at least you are getting all new carpet and a new dryer. Hopefully that is a good thing maybe? I am sorry for all this mess. I know I would be stressing out over all that. ((hugs)) I hope it gets better soon!

Linda, LOVE the pics. It looks like that was a LOT of fun and the food looks YUMMY! Brianne looks so cute! You guys are so cute together! Glad you had a blast!

Mom and dad are still up in Truckee golfing with their friends for one more day so I am staying home and have a date with my laundry and cleaning house! Things at work are really complicated and it is just easier when she is there because things are kind of in negative numbers. It is really complicated but I kind of need her there to tell me what to pay and what not to. Creative bill paying. Pay this not that. It is crazy but that is what must be done in this economy when things are crazy and when you are in this business. Luckily things are not as bad for her personally finally but still it is crazy at work and it drives me nuts trying to figure it all out. I am NOT looking forward to when she goes to Mexico next month cuz she knows how she has it all worked out.

Anyway it is starting to get pretty hot here. We have our big Pow Wow days parade this weekend. I hope it is not TOO hot. Last year it was over 100 and SUPER hot. My parents are actually going to go and watch the girls march in the parade for once. So that should be exciting. There is a LOT coming up in the next few weeks. Lots of meets and the girls parade and they are getting baptized and the last week of school and the end of Awana at church and just tons of stuff. Plus my parents are leaving for almost 2 weeks. So it is going to get crazy round here. Plus mom and I STILL need to figure out where to stay in D.C. and get a game plan about what we want to do etc.

I don't have Lynn this summer to watch the girls so I have to deal with what to do with them when I go to work and have my doc apts etc. I must admit it is getting a little overwhelming thinking about it all. That is where my anxiety disorder kicks in is I start thinking about all this stuff and I stress over everything and put myself into a tizzy worrying about everything. And it is so hard not to cuz that is just how my brain is wired. But anyway nuff about that.

Swim was interesting last night. They told us that the other mom I work with got kind of in trouble because she was yelling at the kids and actually grabbed one of them so I don't know what is going to happen there. I was like they didn't say anything about ME did they cuz I know "I" didn't yell or do anything to them. And they said no it wasn't me. So it should be interesting to see what goes down with that. She is just a real type A person so I think she just took her job WAY too serious and the parents didn't like it. So I don't know what is going to happen with that. Should be interesting to see though!

Then tomorrow we have church again and I have not heard yet if we are supposed to decorate the float yet for Saturday. That was supposed to happen Friday night. If not we may go try to see Star Trek since we didn't get to see it on Sunday cuz of my headache.

So that is my plans for the week. Hope everyone is having a good day and week so far.

Talk later.

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #146
MotoXPrincess99
Yep, mine is new too
I just googled
Drive-by girl
Today is a GOOD DAY!

Good Morning! Happy Tuesday!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #147
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Oh Billy Hill fans........................Does Kirk usually perform on the weekends? I want to take my Mom and Sisters to see the Billy Hillbillies, and want to make sure that he is the one performing that day.

Thanks!
Hi Melody!

Kirk performs every day they have a show now which is Thurs-Mon. So, yep, you should see Kirk on a weekend, unless he's got a scheduled vacation.

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #148
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Thanks everyone for the compliments, you guys are so sweet.

LOL, I just have to post that the ad at the bottom of my page is for a Dryer duct cleaning service. I am so sorry that happened to you, Heather, but at least they did get a maintenance guy out there.

Kelly, I know what you mean about your girls, my two co-workers both have kids and don't know what to do with them this summer. They are looking for grandparents & relatives and such to alleviate the high cost of fulltime daycare.

Have a great day ladies, check in with you later!

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #149
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Morning ladies!!

Heather, sorry about the hassles you are still dealing with. But I'm glad you're getting new carpet and a new dryer.

Kelly, you sound like you will be busier than ever!!

Molly, where you at girl? You're being nominated left and right here!

What else? Oh yeah. Creepy dancing baby, but Ally McBeal rocked!

Courtney, you're not missing anything important on FB. Just Diva silliness. lol

I can't remember what else I wanted to say. Should've multi-quoted. Oh well. Hope you are all having a good morning so far!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #150
tinkermell
Beware of the stalkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenbillabong View Post
I think Kerry is making a digital scrapbook. I think some other people said they were going to work on t-shirt designs, but I have not seen anything yet.........
Thanks for the info Theresa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
Good Morning! Happy Tuesday!
Same to you Miss Sarah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Hi Melody!

Kirk performs every day they have a show now which is Thurs-Mon. So, yep, you should see Kirk on a weekend, unless he's got a scheduled vacation.
Well that was a nice quick reply! Thanks! I'm trying to make some kind of an itinerary for our upcoming trip. We will have 4 days, but with my Mom being 85 and all, it would be nice to know what days for inside shows, parades and all. I don't want to have to go back and forth alot. Same with my Sister with the cancer. Not sure how she will do. Normally she is like me...........a real commando type and go go go............and loves all the rides. I'm anxious to see her, and see how she is doing. All of her hair is gone, so she will be donning hats and scarfs. She hates her wig. Says it itches like heck!

Did I mention that we will also be going to Club 33 on this trip? Yep!

So Heather you can take me off of the bribery list.......

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: