Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #151
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Ahhh...thanks for the Mother's Day wishes! Erin has been running around here...so busy, getting "things" ready...she was covered in black paint...I have NO idea what that could mean?!? I love all the cute little things they do. Sounds like you had a great day with your mom and at the Mother's Day tea...so, cute!!! I used to call my mom's mom Gram, too...thought I was the one and only...more strange coincidences!
Glad to hear that Todd will run with you...that is so sweet! You are busy, busy with your race and your test...WOW!!!
We have a lot in common, don't we, Leighan?!! That's so funny that you called your Grandmother "Gram" too!!!

I "talked" to you yesterday, sounds like you had a great mother's day and Erin made some nice gifts for you!! How sweet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Happy Mother's Day to you, too Kristen!! I'm sorry about your shin splints! About a month ago I started the Couch to 5K running program and ended up hurting my foot the 2nd day into it. I was sooo disappointed--I had even gone to a running store and bought some nice running shoes. It took about 2 weeks for my foot to feel better and then I was too scared to try it again before our trip. You have to be able to walk around WDW--you know? Anywho, hope your shin splints go away--those can be painful!! Good luck on the race--that's our first day in the parks at Disney (5/17). And good luck on your RE exam!!! I'm sure you'll do GREAT!!
Hi Becky!
I hope your foot is okay!!! It stinks when you have the will to get in shape and injuries happen, doesn't it? My shins are still KILLING me, I haven't run since Wednesday. Not sure what I am going to do this week but I AM running on Sunday, one way or another, I will finish this race!! The couch to 5K is a great program, hope you can get back into it after your trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Happy Mother's Day to you!
Thank you, LL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Happy Mothers Day, Kristen!

Cute!! Thank you!! Hope you had a nice one, too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Sorry I'm so late to your PTR! You've been a faithful reader of mine, so I thought I should come read yours! Time to go read up on your plans (so happy you got the boarding pass for your mom!).
Hi Meghan!
Thanks for coming by and joining my PTR!!! It's a ways away yet for my trip, but it's going by quickly, believe it or not. I hope you stick around!!!
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #152
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Happy Mother's Day to you! I'm not a mother.. well I am to my doggy.. but even though I count that.. many do not! hehe But thats great you found someone to run with.. My DH and I have been going jogging everyday like 1 mile 1/2.. which isn't a lot but we haven't ran in forever.. but surprisingly.. I wasn't as sore and it wasn't has hard I hoped. It's nice when the weather is nice. I don't mind running and doing active things.. but I have being tied up inside.

I love Universal Studios.. someday I'll goo back. hehe
JenAusty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #153
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

A little side trip...

Hi Everyone,

Since I do not have a lot new on my trip, thought I would share Mother's day with you. I had such a nice day with my family!! Todd & the boys woke me up with bagles and donuts for breakfast, then we got ready to head to Boston. We started a new tradition last year (and I hope it continues every year, it's a nice way to spend a day!!) going up to the Swan boats in Boston gardens/commons area. It was a nice sunny day and they have a rubber ducky race (which we have never seen, but plan to next year!) in the a.m and lots of little festivities going on. We grabbed lunch on the way up to Boston (about 45 minutes from home) at Outback Steak house and we were on our way from there....

Here is a pic of the boys and I before we left the house, it was a miracle to get one with all three boys looking and smiling!!!

One of Boston sky line from the park

Ethan and Lucas watching the ducks while we were in line

Ducks (or as Cole calls them...Duts! Sounds familiar Brook? LOL!!)

Swan boat-- this is such a nice ride, about 10 minutes long, nice views and on the water, it's so pretty!! We really enjoyed it!

The big boys

Cole & I

The flowers were beautiful!!

We took a nice long walk and decided to rest for a bit, the boys were so happy to find the PERFECT tree to climb!!

Resting in the grass.....thinking Christmas card here!!!

And last but not least, we decided to head home but grabbed a snack beforehand, Todd & I got roasted warm peanuts (yum!), Cole had a warm pretzel and the big boys got water ices, a perfect way to end my special day!!

Hope all you Mommies had a nice day like me!!! I'm a lucky girl!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #154
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

What a fantastic Mother's Day! I love your tradition and yes, definitely, agree that you have some Christmas card material there!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #155
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day! You got some really great pictures of the boys. And it looked like a beautiful day. It was overcast and rainy here, as it has been for about 2 weeks now
Old 05-12-2009, 01:31 AM   #156
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Oh wow!! You got some GREAT pics!! So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! Your boys are just ADORABLE!! Oh and yes, my foot is much better. I made sure that it healed so I could walk around WDW!! Thanks for asking!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:00 AM   #157
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

What a great Mothers Day! I love it!

Love the pic of the boys.. yes.. Christmas card for sure!
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:02 AM   #158
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Looks like you had a great Mothers Day. Your boys are so adorable.
MinnieNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #159
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

The pictures of your family are beautiful. Looks like you had a beautiful day. I think I need to make a trip up to Boston one of these days. It's been ages since I've been.

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
If U Had Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #160
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

What a lovely Mother's Day! I have never been on the Swan Boats, it looks like a lot of fun. I love the pic of the boys laying in the grass, super cute!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:43 PM   #161
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

How did I miss this TR?!?! Now I have to go back and read from the beginning!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #162
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Whew! I just got finished reading your entire PTR! Your plans sound so wonderful! I love your Mother's Day update. It looks like you all had a wonderful day!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #163
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

What a nice mommys day! You are lucky.. I hope when I have children.. we do wonderful things like that on MY day! hehe
JenAusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:40 PM   #164
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Hey Kristen! Wow, you got some GREAT pics! Looks like you had a wonderful day. I'm so glad to hear it. Thanks for sharing.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:45 AM   #165
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
What a fantastic Mother's Day! I love your tradition and yes, definitely, agree that you have some Christmas card material there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
It sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day! You got some really great pictures of the boys. And it looked like a beautiful day. It was overcast and rainy here, as it has been for about 2 weeks now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Oh wow!! You got some GREAT pics!! So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!! Your boys are just ADORABLE!! Oh and yes, my foot is much better. I made sure that it healed so I could walk around WDW!! Thanks for asking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
What a great Mothers Day! I love it!

Love the pic of the boys.. yes.. Christmas card for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
The pictures of your family are beautiful. Looks like you had a beautiful day. I think I need to make a trip up to Boston one of these days. It's been ages since I've been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
What a lovely Mother's Day! I have never been on the Swan Boats, it looks like a lot of fun. I love the pic of the boys laying in the grass, super cute!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
How did I miss this TR?!?! Now I have to go back and read from the beginning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Whew! I just got finished reading your entire PTR! Your plans sound so wonderful! I love your Mother's Day update. It looks like you all had a wonderful day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
What a nice mommys day! You are lucky.. I hope when I have children.. we do wonderful things like that on MY day! hehe
Thanks for everyone's nice compliments, Mother's day was such a NICE day....it's a nice little tradition to have, I'm happy we started it and look forward to it every year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Hey Kristen! Wow, you got some GREAT pics! Looks like you had a wonderful day. I'm so glad to hear it. Thanks for sharing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: