Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #61
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I do love the idea of an ice cream meet. I've never eaten at the Gibson Girl ice cream parlor.
:
OK. I read this as ice cream MEAT! I had to go back and read it twice before I figured out it was a meet! I was really worried about you for a minute!

Hi Becci! Did you have a nice Mother's Day, and are you doing ok without your mom around to help you out?

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #62
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Beth don't feel bad....I've never had Gibson Girl Ice Cream either.....we go by & take nose hits, but never had stood in the loooooooooooong lines to get any........
I know.....my bad!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #63
disney-super-mom
I make a mean pot of Jazz Kitchen gumbo
BRING ME ANOTHER DIET

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Beth, you've got to be kidding about never having eaten at Gibson Girl. How on earth do you walk by that place trip after trip and not get sucked in by the smell?
I love the smell at Gibson Girl!

I have a candle I burn at home that smells just like it.....ahhhhhhh.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #64
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
I love the smell at Gibson Girl!

Ok, so now you gotta share what brand of candle it is and where I can get one! Although, I'm sure it will just make me crave ice cream if I burn it.

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #65
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccdisney View Post
NEVER??? I go EVERY trip! But I LOVE ice cream!
Nope, never been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
Soon there won't be ANY shows again. Idol is almost over as is DWTS and survivor. Within a week or two there won't be any shows at all. I suppose that is a good thing since it is almost summer but still I miss all the shows.
I know. Amazing Race is over now. And the other shows will be soon.
Oh, but we have wonderful shows like "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" with Sanjaya, and Heidi and Spencer to look forward to.

Quote:

Beth, you've got to be kidding about never having eaten at Gibson Girl. How on earth do you walk by that place trip after trip and not get sucked in by the smell? Good gracious, and you call yourself a Disneyland fan.

BTW, I love your siggie, and love Chuck Swindoll. Wise man, and I need to read those words every single day this summer.
I am able to walk by when I peek in and see the 30 minute wait! Seriously, it does smell good, but what's with the lines??

I need to read those words daily too. Heck, sometimes hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
OK. I read this as ice cream MEAT! I had to go back and read it twice before I figured out it was a meet! I was really worried about you for a minute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-super-mom View Post
My favorite candle is one that smells just like birthday cake. Problem is when I smell it, I just get hungry.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #66
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Beth don't feel bad....I've never had Gibson Girl Ice Cream either.....
Well, we'll have to make sure we do some sort of ice cream social then.

Hey, I sent you a friend's request on Facebook.
Any other "newbies" on FB that want to be friends? (Why do I feel 10 years old when saying that? lol)
Janelle? Vicki? Christine? Courtney? Bridgette? Who'd I miss.....
Old 05-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #67
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendylady36 View Post
I think I'm up for it!
I'm up for it too! (Getting to where we were in 3 weeks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamer View Post
Am rushing out but I saw on the old thread you are getting an Iphone soon. Just so you know, a new one is coming out, predicted June or July. I have the original iPhone and am waiting for this new one.

The best site for things like this is macrumors. I hope it's okay to post here, I have nothing to do with the site.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPhone
I wanted an iPhone so bad but my plan is with Sprint.... I'm sucked into a 2 year contract and I keep doing stuff where I have to renew like losing my phone and having to get a new one (it was covered with insurance but they have gimmicks where you have to renew your contract automatically when you get a new phone... bureaucracies... I SWEAR!)

Quote:
Ok, we need 17-18 pages a day to get to 250 in two weeks. GO!

Maybe we could just post pictures of what we want to say. Much easier to read that way.
I can handle the photo part... would that be like message board miming? Mimes scare me a little

Quote:
Bridgette - I loved the "Toodles" story!
I'm glad!

Quote:
I could go for ice cream right now. Covered in fudge. Yummmmmm.

We should do a ice cream social on the next trip. We can all meet up at Gibson and sit around the elephant...although we wouldn't be able to see each other.

Heck, I think I'll do a ice cream social by myself.
I was just thinking about doing an ice cream social type thing by myself actually. I have no appetite today I even made a delicious home made pizza. Its weird but all I want is ice cream with peanut butter cups and butterfinger. I could go to town on that! I couldn't eat yesterday either... I think I was afraid I'd fall at graduation but graduation is over. hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
The boys & I went to Baskin & Robbins last night!
I had a scoop of peanut butter cup & cookies & cream....I died later....but it was soooo yummy!!!!!
Don't die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Oh no! That is not good.
I could send you some ice cream would that make ya feel better?
Or I could go kick the insurance peoples butts.

eh I am ok. Jeans & sunburns are not really friends....
I'm mildly dyslexic and I saw something about butt ice cream.... I read that all wrong at first and just thought I'd say something I'm sorry about the sunburn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXPrincess99 View Post
I had Cold Stone's the other day. Birthday Cake Remix...it's my favorite!
Speaking of graduation, I did eat something yesterday before the ceremony... ice cream cake from Cold Stone and it had purple frosting... MY LIPS WERE BLUE FOR GRADUATION! Luckily I was powdering my nose right before the ceremony and I noticed and put some lipstick on! The cake was so worth it though. Sweet cream and strawberry

Boo Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #68
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

I just have to say THANK GOD! I went to hit "submit" and my internet said that I had no connection after all of that above. I felt so mad that I was sure my contacts were going to pop out of my eyeballs. Luckily it posted. Whew! That took awhile!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #69
CoMickey
Happy Dweedle... or is that Tweedle?

Quote:

Any other "newbies" on FB that want to be friends? (Why do I feel 10 years old when saying that? lol)
Hi Beth - I will be your friend. I am on FB but not too active.

CoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #70
cccdisney
DIS Diva

Quote:
Nah. Wait, did you see the tee designs that Theresa posted? Those were the most important developments as of late.
If you saw those, then you are good.
I saw them! Like them both - the second one the best!

Quote:
BTW, I love your siggie, and love Chuck Swindoll. Wise man, and I need to read those words every single day this summer.
Beth, I also just noticed your new sig. Callie is right - very wise words from a wise man. Something I need to be reminded of daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyFan View Post
Hi Becci! Did you have a nice Mother's Day, and are you doing ok without your mom around to help you out?
Mother's day was so-so. Certainly can't complain compared to poor Heather's water situation. Spent a good part of the day moving furniture to get ready for the new floors. Our king size bed is now in our family room until Friday.
My mom leaves tomorrow so at this point I still have my sanity. I am excited for them though. They are driving up to Seattle and then going on a 7 day Alaskan Cruise. They have never been on a cruise before (either have I for that matter!). And then 5 days after she gets home from that she is heading to DL with us!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #71
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Bear View Post
I'm up for it too! (Getting to where we were in 3 weeks)

I wanted an iPhone so bad but my plan is with Sprint.... I'm sucked into a 2 year contract and I keep doing stuff where I have to renew like losing my phone and having to get a new one (it was covered with insurance but they have gimmicks where you have to renew your contract automatically when you get a new phone... bureaucracies... I SWEAR!)

I can handle the photo part... would that be like message board miming? Mimes scare me a little

I'm glad!

I was just thinking about doing an ice cream social type thing by myself actually. I have no appetite today I even made a delicious home made pizza. Its weird but all I want is ice cream with peanut butter cups and butterfinger. I could go to town on that! I couldn't eat yesterday either... I think I was afraid I'd fall at graduation but graduation is over. hmmm...

Don't die!

I'm mildly dyslexic and I saw something about butt ice cream.... I read that all wrong at first and just thought I'd say something I'm sorry about the sunburn!

Speaking of graduation, I did eat something yesterday before the ceremony... ice cream cake from Cold Stone and it had purple frosting... MY LIPS WERE BLUE FOR GRADUATION! Luckily I was powdering my nose right before the ceremony and I noticed and put some lipstick on! The cake was so worth it though. Sweet cream and strawberry
Butt ice cream
Old 05-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #72
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:

I'll be there!!!!

I got it...thanx..... wasn't sure we could post about Facebook here, so if any others (thanx to the other 15 divas that added me in the last 2 days) want to add me that would be great!!!!! PM me & I'll give you my email to pull up my profile!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #73
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

I'll have you all know that I just got home from getting my peanut butter chocolate deliciousness and it's frozen yogurt not ice cream but it's reeses peanut butter cups with butterfinger blended with tcby peanut butter frozen yogurt SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #74
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

I don't have a Facebook.

Am I out of the loop or what?

I seriously want ice cream now. And cupcakes.

We should drag Laurie and Beth to Gibson Girl and MAKE them stand and line and get ice cream.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #75
Boo Bear
DIS Veteran

I have a facebook but you probably don't want to be my friend. I'm an art student I gotta be honest... it gets pretty weird over there and kind of offensive. I'm not there very much these days. I've phased over to the Divas these past few weeks!

OUCH! I just almost broke my tooth on a frozen 1/2 of peanut butter cup chocolate shell. They do not mess around with the candy bits at TCBY!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: