Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #136
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I agree with what Christine said. I wouldn't plan for the Water Pageant but you might be able to catch it during your travels.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #137
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Hi Kristen

Just finished getting all caught up on PTR...wow, you have done alot "behind the scenes..." I didn't know you had planned a night in Boston...great idea! Where will you be staying? Love all your purchases...I would never think to buy Vera Bradley on Ebay...LOVE VB. DId you get it new? That is an amazing deal...some of mine have faded so, I'd be leary to buy used but, $15 for new?!? If I didn't have so much work to do before the kiddos get home I'd be heading over to that website. Great idea on the souveniers for your kiddos...I found a book I bought for Erin...paid $24.95 at WDW...at the $1 store...buy very few things anymore WDW. I can't believe Joelp will be at WDW at the same time, as you...AGAIN!!! And another Bill comment about Todd...too funny! That was my first thought, too! OK...got to run...not in your sense but, off to chart. I'll talk to you soon! NO...still have no called on my PIN...What is wrong with me?!?
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
PTR: Our first family of 6 Christmas Vacation Dec 2012!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015456
Lcaemom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #138
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The3rdDisneyBoy View Post
Lurker.... first time posting here!

We are neighbors!!! I love how you surprsed your mom- what good daughters!! I cant even imagine an adults only trip to disney nevermind a girls only trip to Disney- I am so jealous!!!!

Your plans sound great! I look forward to hearing more....
Hi Neighbor!!! Thanks for joining my PTR!! I'm so excited about this adult girl trip! It will be fun and so neat to see it in another perspective, you know? I'm not going to know what do with myself for 5 days without a diaper bag or a child on my hip! Todd will be lucky if I come home...lol!! Hope you stay tuned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
How nice that you will be able to sleep in a bit longer on departure day. It makes me want to price out hotels in Manchester. My flight leaves at 7:05AM.
Check them out, LL! One more sleep is a good thing!! We'll take the T to Logan and not have to worry about things that much in the a.m. Makes so much sense!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelp View Post
Other than glmpses of it while riding the monorail, I've never seen it either ... ... Check on the All-Ears site for details, and I would think the time varies during the course of the year. Apparently good places to see it are from the Poly beach or Wilderness Lodge ...

Don't kick up your training too much - you don't want to get hurt, too!!

and BTW - Phillies fan here, too ... grew up just across the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge (and later, the Betsy Ross Bridge ...) ... spent many hours in the country's first "mall" (in Cherry Hill) ...

Unfortunately, Cablevision doesn't carry Phillies games in my area, so I don't watch them all too often ... and besides, it's not the same without Whitey and Harry ...
Hi Joel...too funny!! WIll check out All Ears, I get their emails (I know, surprise, surprise...is there anyone here that doesn't?!!).

Woohoo Phillies fan!! I humor Todd (shhh..) and "watch" them...most likely I'm Dis'ing while he is.

Training is going okay....did really well this a.m. I have less than 2 weeks now and I'm a bit worried, but you have to start somewhere and that's what I'm doing....I can only get better from here...or at least I hope I can!! How much do you run? Do you do races? Love any and all tips!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Hi Kristen!

My goodness you have a lot going on between planning a WDW trip, the race, and now the real estate exam. And oh yeah, a hubby and 3 little monkeys. It all sounds great. I think taking the exam now and starting to work with your mom is an excellent idea!! Good luck!

Regarding the electric water pagent- I saw it in 2006 from the California Grill and it hadn't changed much (possibly at all) from what I remembered in the 80's. I like it b/c it brings back memories but most people I talk to who see it for the first time now say that it's not anything special. So I guess I'd say that if you happen to be in the neighborhood of the Contemporary, Poly or other spots on the lake you might try to see it but not sure I'd make a special trip just for it.

Hope you have a great weekend!!
Hi Christine!!
I know, I have a VERY FULL plate these days, don't I? It all is happening at once too...trying to keep calm. lol!! I got my certificate last night for my RE class, it was very grueling, but the 1st step, so now I have to call and schedule my exam. I'm really hoping to get that done in the next 2-3 weeks (before Summer starts and the boys are home every day, all day ). But it's a great time for me to get my feet wet and see where I can go when the time comes. I'm really not hoping to work full time until Cole goes to school (5 or so more years) but I think it's better to be prepared and learn while I can, too. Trying to line up my ducks to set myself up for when I grow up....

Thanks for the info on the Electric water pageant....if we're there, we're there, no special trips then. And now that you mention it, I may have seen it in the 80's too!!

How are you? Anything new and exciting going on?
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #139
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmylaj View Post
glad to hear you are getting an extra night of vacation, cant wait to hear more about your plans. so funny about the race, i decided i wanted to run in a disney race so i conned a friend of mine into going walking with me 3to 4 gotta start somewher right? well we have not done anything we are lucky if we go 3 times a month let alone week, you should post more about your race and maybe it will guilt me into being more active. lol
Hi!!! Yes, an extra night vacation is always a good thing, right? It was a smart idea by Mom for sure and I'm sure Todd will appreciate that we're not banging around the house at 3 a.m. too while the boys are sleeping!!

You have to start somewhere is right with the race! At least you're getting out there. The weather has been so sporatic that it's tough getting out there all of the time. I have yet to run outside only on my treadmill but relaly need to! Check out "Couch to 5K" online running training for beginners...it's been a great start for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I agree with what Christine said. I wouldn't plan for the Water Pageant but you might be able to catch it during your travels.
Thanks LL, I appreciate the tip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcaemom View Post
Hi Kristen

Just finished getting all caught up on PTR...wow, you have done alot "behind the scenes..." I didn't know you had planned a night in Boston...great idea! Where will you be staying? Love all your purchases...I would never think to buy Vera Bradley on Ebay...LOVE VB. DId you get it new? That is an amazing deal...some of mine have faded so, I'd be leary to buy used but, $15 for new?!? If I didn't have so much work to do before the kiddos get home I'd be heading over to that website. Great idea on the souveniers for your kiddos...I found a book I bought for Erin...paid $24.95 at WDW...at the $1 store...buy very few things anymore WDW. I can't believe Joelp will be at WDW at the same time, as you...AGAIN!!! And another Bill comment about Todd...too funny! That was my first thought, too! OK...got to run...not in your sense but, off to chart. I'll talk to you soon! NO...still have no called on my PIN...What is wrong with me?!?
Hey Leighan!
Yes, I've been busy....little things here and there. Mom thought it would be a nicer way to start our trip and spend the night in Boston beforehand. My parents actually own timeshare at the Custom House in Boston, so that's where we'll spend the night. Ever been there? It's SO nice....hope she's not let down staying at POP after that night...lol!!

Yes, my VB is new, tags and all!! There is A LOT of VB on Ebay...check it out.....great prices!!! I highly recommend it!! But don't tell Bobby you heard that from me if you start spending!! LOL!!

I know, Joelp will be there with me again...great minds think alike, huh? Now...call on that Pin would you? LOL!! Heck, I'll do it for you!! You're probably afraid to call and know you'll end up booking another trip....it's okay, you can cancel!! Keep me posted!!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #140
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Hey Kristen! I'm finally subbing.. I've been meaning.. and finally I did and I'm all caught up! Great info soo far!
JenAusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #141
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Hi Kristen,

Sorry it's been awhile. Life was extra crazy around here with Cole's bday.

Sounds like a good idea with the extra night. I would be worried about leaving the boys as well but as you said it would't be good to wake them at 4 a.m.

I'm sure you will do great in the race and I'm so happy for you that you will be doing it. I wish I had that kind of motivationI'm doing good enough just to be excercising 5 days a week.

About the real estate thing: I would love to get into that as well. Jerry has always told me he thinks that is my calling because I love seeing the inside of houses and such. I just wasn't sure what all it entailed in order to do it. If you could give me any info on what it takes to get into it I would be really appreciative. I was just worried all the paperwork and such would be too much. I'm not overly organized so a lot of paperwork isn't my friend,lol. That is really neat that you have your mom to help you. Like you said, I am not going to work until Cole goes to school but it would be nice to get a head start checking on it and deciding for sure if that's what I want to do.

Ok, I will let you go now. Sorry for rambling. I need to get over to my TR and do an update on Cole's bday. We'll see, hopefully I can.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #142
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
Hey Kristen! I'm finally subbing.. I've been meaning.. and finally I did and I'm all caught up! Great info soo far!
Hi Jen, thanks for joining me!!! I have awhile before my trip but I'm glad you're here for the ride!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Hi Kristen,

Sorry it's been awhile. Life was extra crazy around here with Cole's bday.

Sounds like a good idea with the extra night. I would be worried about leaving the boys as well but as you said it would't be good to wake them at 4 a.m.

I'm sure you will do great in the race and I'm so happy for you that you will be doing it. I wish I had that kind of motivationI'm doing good enough just to be excercising 5 days a week.

About the real estate thing: I would love to get into that as well. Jerry has always told me he thinks that is my calling because I love seeing the inside of houses and such. I just wasn't sure what all it entailed in order to do it. If you could give me any info on what it takes to get into it I would be really appreciative. I was just worried all the paperwork and such would be too much. I'm not overly organized so a lot of paperwork isn't my friend,lol. That is really neat that you have your mom to help you. Like you said, I am not going to work until Cole goes to school but it would be nice to get a head start checking on it and deciding for sure if that's what I want to do.

Ok, I will let you go now. Sorry for rambling. I need to get over to my TR and do an update on Cole's bday. We'll see, hopefully I can.
Hi Tracy!!
I hope that Coley's birthday was great and the party went off well. I can't believe he's 2!!

Good for your for exercising 5 times a week!! I'm impressed! I'm only working out 3-4 times a week....and now I have the WORST shin splints....they are killing me. I'm planning on running outside tomorrow morning in hopes the less impact will be better for my poor legs!! Wish me luck!

I'll have to fill you in on the RE thing when I know more. I'm currently studying for the exam and I'm taking the test on 5/23. I figured I better take it sooner than later, even though you have 2 years to take it after you take the class. The class (25 hours this past weekend!!) was grueling but good. I'm excited about it.

Anyways, time for some down time. I hope you're well!!
ttys!!
Kristen
Old 05-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #143
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Happy Mother's Day!

Hi everyone!!

Sorry it's been quiet on here this week. Not too much new to report. It's been a very busy week here for me, seems like every day I had something going on and it looks like another busy weekend ahead of us, so I thought I would jump on quickly here and tell all my Mommy Dis friends HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! I hope you all have a wonderful weekends with your loved ones. Not sure what we have planned yet, I leave that up to Todd. My Mom and I celebrated today, she came up to watch Ethan and Cole for me so I could go to Lukey's school for the Mother's day tea and I made lunch for Mom and gave her her gift today since she will be busy with my Gram this weekend. It was nice.

I'm studying for my RE exam now. I took the 25 hour class this past weekend, it was a lot of work but I'm excited about it. My exam is 5/23. My race is next Sunday (the 17th), I still dealing with shin splints, which is making me nervous, but I'm icing them and hope they heal some soon! Todd is now running with me, my friend that was going to run with me hurt here knee about a month ago and can't do it, my other friend was going to do it with me but now her DH is doing it with here and I just can't bring myself to do it myself, especially the 1st time. So we'll get a sitter and Todd will pace himself to run with me.

Not too much on the Disney horizon. Jodi is in Universal this week. Her and her husband are taking a 5 day trip there. They were driving down from Hilton Head there, so she'll get a good idea how the trip will be in September for her. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Well, I hope that you're all well and I hope to update some more soon!!

Take care,
Kristen
Old 05-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #144
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

Ahhh...thanks for the Mother's Day wishes! Erin has been running around here...so busy, getting "things" ready...she was covered in black paint...I have NO idea what that could mean?!? I love all the cute little things they do. Sounds like you had a great day with your mom and at the Mother's Day tea...so, cute!!! I used to call my mom's mom Gram, too...thought I was the one and only...more strange coincidences!
Glad to hear that Todd will run with you...that is so sweet! You are busy, busy with your race and your test...WOW!!!
TR: Our first family of 6 trip, including a proposal on 12/12/12 at 12:12 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46997114
Old 05-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #145
Lcaemom
DIS Veteran

....AND Happy Mother's Day to you, too!!! Can't believe I left that out!?!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #146
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi everyone!!

Sorry it's been quiet on here this week. Not too much new to report. It's been a very busy week here for me, seems like every day I had something going on and it looks like another busy weekend ahead of us, so I thought I would jump on quickly here and tell all my Mommy Dis friends HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! I hope you all have a wonderful weekends with your loved ones. Not sure what we have planned yet, I leave that up to Todd. My Mom and I celebrated today, she came up to watch Ethan and Cole for me so I could go to Lukey's school for the Mother's day tea and I made lunch for Mom and gave her her gift today since she will be busy with my Gram this weekend. It was nice.

I'm studying for my RE exam now. I took the 25 hour class this past weekend, it was a lot of work but I'm excited about it. My exam is 5/23. My race is next Sunday (the 17th), I still dealing with shin splints, which is making me nervous, but I'm icing them and hope they heal some soon! Todd is now running with me, my friend that was going to run with me hurt here knee about a month ago and can't do it, my other friend was going to do it with me but now her DH is doing it with here and I just can't bring myself to do it myself, especially the 1st time. So we'll get a sitter and Todd will pace himself to run with me.

Not too much on the Disney horizon. Jodi is in Universal this week. Her and her husband are taking a 5 day trip there. They were driving down from Hilton Head there, so she'll get a good idea how the trip will be in September for her. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Well, I hope that you're all well and I hope to update some more soon!!

Take care,
Kristen
Happy Mother's Day to you, too Kristen!! I'm sorry about your shin splints! About a month ago I started the Couch to 5K running program and ended up hurting my foot the 2nd day into it. I was sooo disappointed--I had even gone to a running store and bought some nice running shoes. It took about 2 weeks for my foot to feel better and then I was too scared to try it again before our trip. You have to be able to walk around WDW--you know? Anywho, hope your shin splints go away--those can be painful!! Good luck on the race--that's our first day in the parks at Disney (5/17). And good luck on your RE exam!!! I'm sure you'll do GREAT!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #148
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Happy Mothers Day, Kristen!

Old 05-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #149
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm so late to your PTR! You've been a faithful reader of mine, so I thought I should come read yours! Time to go read up on your plans (so happy you got the boarding pass for your mom!).

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #150
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!

I'm getting SO excited.....I went to check the park hours for September and can find them through 9/2! It's the little things in life, right?!! LOL!! So....just another week or two and I should be able to find the hours for my trip!! I want to try and come up with a concrete plan but until the hours come out, so I can figure out what parks for what days,it's pointless now.... I'm pretty sure I can make our dining ressies on 6/14 (should call and confirm this, I guess!) so if I know the hours by 6/1 that will give me some time to get to work!! It's sneaking up on me....yay!!

Hope you're well!!!
Kristen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: