Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #76
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl0015 View Post
Is it possible to get a PIN code if you already have your trip reserved?
If one becomes available for the time you are going AND they have your category of room available and it is before the 45 day mark. You can sometimes change categories and use one. December codes usually come out in late August, early September for December. They might release something earlier, because codes and discounts are being e-mailed for October and November right now.

Suzanne
Old 05-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #77
barbeml
Has lots of magic to share with others!
Is Test Track Ever NOT Broken?
Kyan will never love me
Wanted Dead or Dead: The thief who stole my Mickey antenna topper

Just booked the Poly...

...December 10-17 (same exact dates we were there last year). I got the buy 4/get 3 free pin code and it was a no brainer.

Best of all, it is such a great deal that my brother, SIL and nephew are going with us! They have been to WDW, but never for the holidays.

Hope to see some of you there!
I'd rather pay The Mouse than a shrink. '84 Offsite. '97 & '98 Port Orleans. '99 Disneyland. '00 Port Orleans. '02 Poly. '03 & '04 CBR. '05 POFQ & CBR. '06 CSR. '08 CBR & Poly. '09 Poly. '10 Poly. '11 celebrated the big 50 at the Poly! '12 FIRST DCL/Polynesian! March '14 First Stay at WL / Oct. '14 Rum Runners at WL
barbeml is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2009, 06:50 PM   #78
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald - my hero View Post
Hey that is the EXACT same week we are going. this tirp is TEN years in the planning. We will be celebrating our 25th anni and since we have been saving for SOOoo long we can afford the Animal Kingdom lodge YIPPEE I can hardly wait. I know it will be during the Pop thingee but i don't care -- we tend to take things slow anyway

Almost frogot to mention we have got FREE airfare AND car rental with airmiles
We celebrated our 25th anniversary in Feb. 2008 and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge! I hope you enoy your 25th as much as we did!!
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #79
njacob
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Pop Warner week is crowded and that is why we switched to the week after. The crowds didn't really start getting heavy until Saturday of that week.

Suzanne
Hi Suzanne. When you say "Crowded" during POP week, what do you mean? Do you mean it took 90-120 minutes to get on an atraction, 30-45, or 15-20? Were FP issued every hour or every 2 hours? Were you ever there during Spring Break? If so, was it that kind of crowded? I was there 3/08 and attractions actually said wait time 90-120min. or by noon an attraction said "no more FP are being issued today".

Thank you SO much for any answers you can provide. I do really appreciate it!
njacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #80
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by njacob View Post
Hi Suzanne. When you say "Crowded" during POP week, what do you mean? Do you mean it took 90-120 minutes to get on an atraction, 30-45, or 15-20? Were FP issued every hour or every 2 hours? Were you ever there during Spring Break? If so, was it that kind of crowded? I was there 3/08 and attractions actually said wait time 90-120min. or by noon an attraction said "no more FP are being issued today".

Thank you SO much for any answers you can provide. I do really appreciate it!
We didn't go during Pop Warner week last year, so I don't have first hand knowledge, but from what I read from others here, it was almost as bad as Spring Break, 1+ hour waits, FP's gone midday, sold out Christmas Parties. I don't normally use FP's myself, so I don't know how often they were allowing a reissue. The MK was pretty packed on Dec 20 and I have never been when it was that crowded, but in the days before it was very pleasant, wait times were 10 minutes for what we ride, I think Splash was 30 minutes, but I don't ride it.

We went Dec 2006 and it was bad enough then that we avoid that week. It wasn't as bad then though as what I heard from last year. Some of our issues the Pop Warner week we went were the groups of teens were acting out and that really bothered my mom, so we decided not to go during that time. Dec 2008 Pop Warner week also coincided with Mousefest, which is no longer taking place.

Suzanne
Old 05-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #81
PrincessSuzanne

I got a pin code I could use for the time we are going, the last day on it is 12/17, but they let me extend it the length of the trip.

We moved from POFQ to Pop Century and added 1 day for less than the room only at POFQ.

Pop Century standard room, 1 day base, FREE QS dining for 2 adults 12/16-12/22/2009 for $957.62. We were at POFQ 12/16-12/21, King Bed room only with AAA discount $995, so I am still coming out ahead and saving, and I don't have to budget for food or pay for the dining plan. I don't even mind "downgrading" to Pop, because I don't see it as a "downgrade".

Suzanne
Old 05-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #82
chris24
Earning My Ears

we're going the 5th to the 11th. i tried to call today to get us moved out of saratoga, but EVERYTHING is completely booked. i am currently on the waitlist for BLT and VWL......
chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #83
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris24 View Post
we're going the 5th to the 11th. i tried to call today to get us moved out of saratoga, but EVERYTHING is completely booked. i am currently on the waitlist for BLT and VWL......
Yep...We will be there 5-13 we got BLT for the 9-13 cause that is our home resort but got OKW for the rest. I wanted BLT or AKL but they had nothing. I am going to be happy, the rooms at OKW are huge and BLT well... Good luck with your waitlist!!
WelovMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #84
DISDANCEMOM
Mouseketeer

We'll be there from November 28th to December 7th at CBR!!! This will be my first time during the Christmas Season...I can't wait to see the decorations. While we are there we will celebrate my oldest dd's 11th birthday and my dh and I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary.

I'm trying to decide if I should buy tickets for the MVMCP (I hope I got all those letters right!!!) and was wondering if anyone has opinions to share.

DISDANCEMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #85
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISDANCEMOM View Post
We'll be there from November 28th to December 7th at CBR!!! This will be my first time during the Christmas Season...I can't wait to see the decorations. While we are there we will celebrate my oldest dd's 11th birthday and my dh and I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary.

I'm trying to decide if I should buy tickets for the MVMCP (I hope I got all those letters right!!!) and was wondering if anyone has opinions to share.
To us it is a not to be missed event. The first one we went to was Dec 2006 and it was a great party, but it has since been improved and the parade is longer than I remember from 2006. We went in Dec 2008 on a Sunday night and the crowd was low, we got to see all the shows and he kids got to do a couple of the dance parties, and watched the fireworks.

This year I won't have to pay for it, as they will start showing the parade and fireworks everyday after Dec 18, so I see no need to pay extra, but if we weren't going at that time, then I would pay the extra money.

Suzanne
Old 05-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #86
raider97
DIS Veteran

Quote:
To us it is a not to be missed event. The first one we went to was Dec 2006 and it was a great party, but it has since been improved and the parade is longer than I remember from 2006. We went in Dec 2008 on a Sunday night and the crowd was low, we got to see all the shows and he kids got to do a couple of the dance parties, and watched the fireworks.

This year I won't have to pay for it, as they will start showing the parade and fireworks everyday after Dec 18, so I see no need to pay extra, but if we weren't going at that time, then I would pay the extra money.

Suzanne
Suzanne,

If you don't mind me asking which of the pin codes did you use for your trip?

TIA!!

Stephanie

Last edited by raider97; 06-29-2009 at 01:16 PM.
raider97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #87
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider97 View Post
Suzanne,

If you don't mind me asking which of the pin codes did you use for your trip? We got the kids eat, dine, and play one that would extend too, but I couldn't get the 35% off the hotel one to extend past the 17th for my parents?

TIA!!

Stephanie
I used the free QS dining for Pop, but it also included a code for free Basic Dining for the Moderates, not sure what it would have been for the Deluxe.

What I did was call Disney directly and asked as long as I booked at least the 17th could I have it until the end of my stay, the CM entered it into the system and it worked, I then called my AAA TA and they told her it couldn't e done, I told her that I had called and verified before bothering her and was told it could be done and she got it done for me.

What is the 35% one, just a regular 35% off room only? Those may not be extendable, but I'm not sure. I have never had one of those. In fact this was my first code EVER.

The other one "Big kids pay llittle kids prices" came to my mom's e-mail, which I use now, since she passed away, and I didn't even ask to use it, because the free dining was better for me, because we don't really need tickets.

Suzanne
Old 05-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #88
dopeyone
I think it was 4 6 oz. glasses of beer...
I changed my ways and became a more responsible PC poster

Dec.1 - Dec. 6th staying @ BWV
Old 05-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #89
raider97
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I used the free QS dining for Pop, but it also included a code for free Basic Dining for the Moderates, not sure what it would have been for the Deluxe.

What I did was call Disney directly and asked as long as I booked at least the 17th could I have it until the end of my stay, the CM entered it into the system and it worked, I then called my AAA TA and they told her it couldn't e done, I told her that I had called and verified before bothering her and was told it could be done and she got it done for me.

What is the 35% one, just a regular 35% off room only? Those may not be extendable, but I'm not sure. I have never had one of those. In fact this was my first code EVER.

The other one "Big kids pay llittle kids prices" came to my mom's e-mail, which I use now, since she passed away, and I didn't even ask to use it, because the free dining was better for me, because we don't really need tickets.

Suzanne
Thanks for the help!!

Stephanie

Last edited by raider97; 06-30-2009 at 11:18 AM.
raider97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #90
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider97 View Post
Yep, my parents got a pin code email that had the kids eat, play, and stay free and the bottom was for the 35% off the resort portion. We used the top one for us, checking in on Dec. 16th (they are staying at the same time as us) it applied for our whole stay, but then I tried to get the 35% off one applied to their reservation and it would only apply to the 16th and 17th wouldn't extend past. Odd...guess that means I just need to keep looking for a general code to save them some $$.

Thanks for the help!!

Stephanie

You're welcome Stephanie. I can say more than likely a discount for December will come out in late August/early September and will most likely be more like 40%.

Suzanne

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: