Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #121
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Hi Kristen!! I found your PTR when you posted on my PTR!! Just got caught up! I teared up when I read the beginning where you surprised your Mom--what an incredible gift!! I love the Tink shirt you bought (I bought the same one for our trip). Love the Crocs and Vera Bradley mini hipster as well!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:02 AM   #122
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Hi Kristen!! I found your PTR when you posted on my PTR!! Just got caught up! I teared up when I read the beginning where you surprised your Mom--what an incredible gift!! I love the Tink shirt you bought (I bought the same one for our trip). Love the Crocs and Vera Bradley mini hipster as well!!
Hi Becky!!
Thanks for coming over and joining me on my PTR!!! Aww, thanks, Mom was SO excited and I'm just SO excited to be able to share it with her and my sister after all of these years. I won't lie, there are moments when I worry that I'm being a bad Mom leaving the boys to go do Disney alone, but I'm sure I"ll get over it once I'm there!! LOL!!

The Tink shirt is cuter in person isn't it? I'm glad I picked that one, it's adorable!!

Thanks again for coming by....my PTR is making my months/days/weeks go by even quicker for me.....I can't believe I've got only 4 1/2 more months!! Although when I say that and see your ticker...I'm depressed again...lol!!

ttys!!
Kristen
princess&her4princes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2009, 06:58 AM   #123
LaurenMic
LaurenMic

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post

HI Lauren,
Back to reality tomorrow with my running....less than 3 weeks to go...and I'm freaking!!! Wish me luck, I need it...it's been a rough month for my training...oh well, I'm trying.

Hope you got to enjoy the nice weather these last couple of days in New England....today's weather was crazy, wasn't it? Almost 90!!!!

ttys!!
Good luck with your training and the race!! You must be nervous but I'm sure you'll do great and either way it will be a great experience!
LaurenMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #124
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Becky!!
Thanks for coming over and joining me on my PTR!!! Aww, thanks, Mom was SO excited and I'm just SO excited to be able to share it with her and my sister after all of these years. I won't lie, there are moments when I worry that I'm being a bad Mom leaving the boys to go do Disney alone, but I'm sure I"ll get over it once I'm there!! LOL!!

The Tink shirt is cuter in person isn't it? I'm glad I picked that one, it's adorable!!

Thanks again for coming by....my PTR is making my months/days/weeks go by even quicker for me.....I can't believe I've got only 4 1/2 more months!! Although when I say that and see your ticker...I'm depressed again...lol!!

ttys!!
Kristen
You are NOT a bad Mom! I think it makes you a better Mom when you get a break from your kiddos--it helps you stay sane--especially when you are a SAHM!!

The Tink shirt IS cuter in person!

Aww--I don't mean to make you depressed!! Your trip will be here before you know it!!

BTW--I read your TR last night!! I cried at the end when you left your friend. (I'm an emotional person--not sure how I'll react when I'm actually there with my family) I saw that you have the same stroller as we do (the Sit-N-Stand) and glad to hear that it worked well for you!! Oh--and I noticed your hubby's Phillies hat! I'm a HUGE Phillies fan! My dad grew up across the river from Philly in Cherry Hill, NJ so I've always cheered for the Philly teams. I've even been to some Phillies and Eagles games! TTYS!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #125
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
You are NOT a bad Mom! I think it makes you a better Mom when you get a break from your kiddos--it helps you stay sane--especially when you are a SAHM!!

The Tink shirt IS cuter in person!

Aww--I don't mean to make you depressed!! Your trip will be here before you know it!!

BTW--I read your TR last night!! I cried at the end when you left your friend. (I'm an emotional person--not sure how I'll react when I'm actually there with my family) I saw that you have the same stroller as we do (the Sit-N-Stand) and glad to hear that it worked well for you!! Oh--and I noticed your hubby's Phillies hat! I'm a HUGE Phillies fan! My dad grew up across the river from Philly in Cherry Hill, NJ so I've always cheered for the Philly teams. I've even been to some Phillies and Eagles games! TTYS!
Becky, you are so sweet, thank you for your kind words!! You're right, time away from the kids does us ALL good!!!

Aww, sorry for making you cry, that was a hard good bye for me!! We had planned that trip and dreamed about it for SO long that it was so hard that it was over. What a wonderful week of memories I have from that trip.....it was the best!!! I cry EVERY time I get on Main Street with my family, I mean, not sobbing or anyting , just a nice stream of happy tears...it's my happy place and im just so happy to be able to share with my children as my parents did with us.

Yay Phillies!! Todd grew up in Philadelphia (right outside of it actually in Glenolden, near the airport) so we have to route for the Red Sox and the Phillies in my house!! And I lived out there for 10 years before moving back to MA almost 4 years ago now....it's a nice city!! Do you ever visit?

Oh btw, the sit n'stand worked great....bought it second hand for that trip and it was a lifesaver (especially with 6 kids!! LOL!!) for us, it worked out great. You'll be happy to have yours on your upcoming trip!!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #126
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMic View Post
Good luck with your training and the race!! You must be nervous but I'm sure you'll do great and either way it will be a great experience!
Thanks Lauren....I appreciate your confidence!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #127
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Arrival day Monday, 9/14
Mom & my flight leaves Boston about 7 a.m. due to land in Orlando about 10:30 a.m., breeze through ME, head to POP. Jodi will be driving up from SC and it's about a 5 hour trip to Orlando for her, so she'll plan to meet us at POP about noontime. We'll grab lunch at "Everything POP", tour the resort, hopefully get our room and clean up, monorail ride, we're planning on heading to DTD this afternoon/night to get into the spirit of things, have a nice dinner and head to be early so we're ready for the next day. I was thinking about having dinner at "The Wave" in the Contemporary, my Mom & sis like sushi, it's newer, anyone hear anything about it? Suggestions? Ideas?

Lots of traveling if you're gonna go to DTD and the Contemporary and ride the monorail ... You may want to consider doing DTD or a tour of the monorail resorts (and with good timing, you could watch the Electric Boat Pageant if you stick to the latter) ... Lots of good restaurant options in either case. Check out the menus on the All Ears web site ...

Joel,
What time is the Electric Boat Pageant usually? And where would I see this from? Contemporary? Trying to figure out my schedule some more...and have never seen this. Is it worth seeing? Thanks!!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #128
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, been having Comcast issues here so every time I log on I get kicked off, it's been a pain!! Got to love modern conveniences, right? LOL!!

Not too much is new trip wise, trying to come up with a more concrete schedule of some sort but don't want to put too much time into it (yet!) because I'm sure I'll tweak it some once the hours are posted and go from there.

Mom and I were talking the other day about our trip and we've decided to head to Boston on Sunday afternoon instead of leaving here (very!!) early on Monday morning to Logan. Our flight is about 7 a.m and that means we need to leave here by 4:30 a.m or so.....so if we go up the night before, have a nice leisurely dinner out, early to bed, we're an hour closer to the airport, we have less to stress about Monday morning. And maybe be a bit more rested too than leaving from home. At first I was worried about leaving Todd & the boys for another night, but after talking with Todd, it made more sense and as he pointed out, he doesn't really need Mom and I bumping around the house at 3:30 a.m. and waking the boys up before heading out. True enough!! So, that's the plan, Mom has offered to take care of that reservation, so that was nice and I have an extra night of vacation!!

This weekend I'm taking a class for Real Estate Salesperson license. It's a 24 hour class and then you sit for the exam. While the market is down, I figured it was a good time to learn something new and have something to fall back on, just in case, especially with the way the economy is. I'm excited about it, I've been a stay at home Mom for almost 7 years now and I think it will be to add something to my resume and learn something new. My Mom has been doing Real Estate for 30 year now and she is going to teach me the ropes. I'm not planning on working until Cole goes to school, but in the meantime, help my Mom out and learn and see where I can go with it.

2 more weeks until my race! My friend that was going to do it with me has a hurt knee and can't do it! So,I was going to wait another couple of weeks and kick up my training some more since I was sick twice this month and couldn't run but have decided to just plug forward and do it. It's a good starting point and I will have something to go by in the future. In the meantime, I'm trying to convince my other friend who ran her 1st 5K last year to do it with me....I could really use the support, you know? I'm finding it intimidating doing it alone! So we'll see.....depending how horrible I look, I may post pics. LOL!!

I guess that's about it for now....hope you are all doing well and I hope you have a wonderful 1st weekend in MAY (wow!!) weekend!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #129
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Becky, you are so sweet, thank you for your kind words!! You're right, time away from the kids does us ALL good!!!

Aww, sorry for making you cry, that was a hard good bye for me!! We had planned that trip and dreamed about it for SO long that it was so hard that it was over. What a wonderful week of memories I have from that trip.....it was the best!!! I cry EVERY time I get on Main Street with my family, I mean, not sobbing or anyting , just a nice stream of happy tears...it's my happy place and im just so happy to be able to share with my children as my parents did with us.

Yay Phillies!! Todd grew up in Philadelphia (right outside of it actually in Glenolden, near the airport) so we have to route for the Red Sox and the Phillies in my house!! And I lived out there for 10 years before moving back to MA almost 4 years ago now....it's a nice city!! Do you ever visit?

Oh btw, the sit n'stand worked great....bought it second hand for that trip and it was a lifesaver (especially with 6 kids!! LOL!!) for us, it worked out great. You'll be happy to have yours on your upcoming trip!!
No problem--I cry at the drop of a hat--and that was just so sweet.

Yes, we visited my family in Cherry Hill over Christmas. It was great b/c we hadn't been up there in awhile. We took the train into New York City and took Ally to the American Girl Place. It was WONDERFUL!!

Glad to hear that the Sit-N-Stand worked well for ya'll!! TYYS!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #130
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Lurkers!!

I see a lot of people have been lurking on my PTR...would love for you to join us....come out, come out, whoever you are!!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:49 PM   #131
The3rdDisneyBoy
Mouseketeer

Lurker.... first time posting here!

We are neighbors!!! I love how you surprsed your mom- what good daughters!! I cant even imagine an adults only trip to disney nevermind a girls only trip to Disney- I am so jealous!!!!

Your plans sound great! I look forward to hearing more....
The3rdDisneyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #132
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

How nice that you will be able to sleep in a bit longer on departure day. It makes me want to price out hotels in Manchester. My flight leaves at 7:05AM.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:07 AM   #133
joelp
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Joel,
What time is the Electric Boat Pageant usually? And where would I see this from? Contemporary? Trying to figure out my schedule some more...and have never seen this. Is it worth seeing? Thanks!!
Other than glmpses of it while riding the monorail, I've never seen it either ... ... Check on the All-Ears site for details, and I would think the time varies during the course of the year. Apparently good places to see it are from the Poly beach or Wilderness Lodge ...

Don't kick up your training too much - you don't want to get hurt, too!!

and BTW - Phillies fan here, too ... grew up just across the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge (and later, the Betsy Ross Bridge ...) ... spent many hours in the country's first "mall" (in Cherry Hill) ...

Unfortunately, Cablevision doesn't carry Phillies games in my area, so I don't watch them all too often ... and besides, it's not the same without Whitey and Harry ...

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038

Last edited by joelp; 05-02-2009 at 06:13 AM.
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #134
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Hi Kristen!

My goodness you have a lot going on between planning a WDW trip, the race, and now the real estate exam. And oh yeah, a hubby and 3 little monkeys. It all sounds great. I think taking the exam now and starting to work with your mom is an excellent idea!! Good luck!

Regarding the electric water pagent- I saw it in 2006 from the California Grill and it hadn't changed much (possibly at all) from what I remembered in the 80's. I like it b/c it brings back memories but most people I talk to who see it for the first time now say that it's not anything special. So I guess I'd say that if you happen to be in the neighborhood of the Contemporary, Poly or other spots on the lake you might try to see it but not sure I'd make a special trip just for it.

Hope you have a great weekend!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #135
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran

glad to hear you are getting an extra night of vacation, cant wait to hear more about your plans. so funny about the race, i decided i wanted to run in a disney race so i conned a friend of mine into going walking with me 3to 4 gotta start somewher right? well we have not done anything we are lucky if we go 3 times a month let alone week, you should post more about your race and maybe it will guilt me into being more active. lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: