Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #31
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetmommy View Post
Wow I can't believe 8 weeks from today we will be on our way....we haven't heard anything from them lately, but I suppose we won't until it gets closer...
We aren't doing a lot of pre-planning, we just want to get there and go with the flow...
Em has an MRI in 3 weeks and my mind is on that, once i know it is stable we will focus on the trip....I know it is coming fast....

Ya know, I just wanted to let you know....originally I planned on going with the flow. I was told to do otherwise, have a plan, write down what you want to make sure you don't miss. Well, I have to say, I wish that I had gone with the flow. I think we missed out on alot because we were so focused on the itinierary, and missed out on everything in-between. So I agree......GO WITH THE FLOW!

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #32
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckySob View Post
Ya know, I just wanted to let you know....originally I planned on going with the flow. I was told to do otherwise, have a plan, write down what you want to make sure you don't miss. Well, I have to say, I wish that I had gone with the flow. I think we missed out on alot because we were so focused on the itinierary, and missed out on everything in-between. So I agree......GO WITH THE FLOW!

Can't wait to hear more!

I think we will be ok just going to the flow too....maybe it is hard for me, I am a bit of a control freak and need to know exactly what is going on...I am avoiding the Wish Trip reports (post trip) because I don't want to know what is happening, I want to be surprised....
Like I said the only 2 things we will for sure plan are her princess meal that they are taking care of making reservations...and hopefully Margaritaville on Wed because that will be my 39th birthday and if it is like 29 I will need a distraction..LOL.....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #33
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think we will be ok just going to the flow too....maybe it is hard for me, I am a bit of a control freak and need to know exactly what is going on...I am avoiding the Wish Trip reports (post trip) because I don't want to know what is happening, I want to be surprised....
Like I said the only 2 things we will for sure plan are her princess meal that they are taking care of making reservations...and hopefully Margaritaville on Wed because that will be my 39th birthday and if it is like 29 I will need a distraction..LOL.....

Wish Trips are the best for go with the flow mentality because things just happen on Wish Trips...characters can come up that you were not expecting. I am glad you are going to go with the flow. I am also glad that you are avoiding those post wish trip reports! Every trip is completely different anyway!

I also think going into it with the expectation that it is NOT going to be the perfect vacation. Kids still cry. It still rains, sometimes a lot. Unfortunately, sometimes kids get sick. But it rained, we cried, and Lauren ended up in the hospital and we STILL had the best vacation of all of our lives! So it must be good, right!

I would have to turn off the DIS, though. Gosh...you have some serious will power to stay away from those post wish trip reports!!! Wow.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #34
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

If anyone is interested this is Emma's web site

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/EmmaFaye
Old 04-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #35
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Ok I am going to cry, Just got the mail and she got a post card from "Princess Jazmin" saying she couldn't wait to meet her, she is going to be SO excited!!! (her wish granters are great!)
Old 04-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #36
BeckySob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok I am going to cry, Just got the mail and she got a post card from "Princess Jazmin" saying she couldn't wait to meet her, she is going to be SO excited!!! (her wish granters are great!)
Now THAT is AWESOME!!!!! Oh boy, this is just the beginning!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #37
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

we went on our trip in Feb
we decided to go with the flow
we didn't tell the kids what tickets we had so they only knew we were going to meet Mickey mouse that was it
so there was no disappointment, when we didn't go to universal at all

We loved hanging at GKTW and hope to go back for my dd trips one day
Old 04-25-2009, 07:27 AM   #38
merneric
Mouseketeer

I saw that we will be missing each other by a day...that is too bad. We can just do our countdown together at least!
I can't believe you haven't been reading post reports...I am addicted to them!!!
Take care,
Mary Anne
Old 04-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #39
PrincessKell
Disney Princess Wanna be
Ok I did it! I actually got around to sewing!

Oh your family is so precious! Love the pictures. Sounds like you have a plan and you are stickin to it! Good to know! hhehe sometimes that is the way to go. Suprises are great.

I can't wait to keep up with your pre trip report, and see pictures of those kiddos
Old 05-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #40
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Oh I am getting excited, we saw our wish granter at a track meet yesterday and she will be calling in the next few days to set up our party....we are under 40 days...
Em has an MRI on Monday, DH and I think her shunt may be over draining so we need to get that taken care of...then we can relax and get ready for out trip...Oh she will be in a wedding the Saturday before we leave so we have to worry about that too..
Old 05-07-2009, 08:52 AM   #41
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh I am getting excited, we saw our wish granter at a track meet yesterday and she will be calling in the next few days to set up our party....we are under 40 days...
Em has an MRI on Monday, DH and I think her shunt may be over draining so we need to get that taken care of...then we can relax and get ready for out trip...Oh she will be in a wedding the Saturday before we leave so we have to worry about that too..

Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you guys!!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #42
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

Well my mom voice was right, her shunt had failed...we are in the hospital awaiting surgery..better now then 4 weeks from now....it should be a simple surgery...and hopefully will happen soon..
Old 05-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #43
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

We will pray for a sucessful surgery and a quick recovery. Our prayers are with your family.

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 05-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #44
keetmommy
Mouseketeer

We are home..she is doing great, it always amazes me when we can be home the day after brain surgery!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #45
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Yeah! I am so happy that she is back home and running around!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: