Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #136
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

hi,

just wanted to ask a few things about things to buy.

are Autograph books available and how much do they cost?
also do they sell suitcases? i remember they had them last time, just wondering if they had any at the hotel so if needed we could buy one. again how much are they?

thanks in advance.xx
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge@Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday@Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
Old 04-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #137
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboo View Post
We haven't found anybody that can answer this, but noticed that during our stay the construction vehicles have been cleared from the North Wing car park and is now being used as car parking.
Thank you for that information.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #138
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthtatty View Post
hi,

also do they sell suitcases? i remember they had them last time, just wondering if they had any at the hotel so if needed we could buy one. again how much are they?

thanks in advance.xx
They sell autograph books at both the Fantasia and Bay View Gifts stores, however I don't know how much they cost.

As for suitcases a few years ago at the Concourse & Sundries store which is no longer there I purchased a small black Walt Disney World logo suitcase and I believe the cost was around $100. They also had some bigger sizes that costs more. I am sure they are sold at the Fantasia Market which has replaced the Concourse & Sundries store.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #139
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

thanks for that
thought theyd do the autograph books- just wanted to check.
Suitcases, knew theyd be a lot. think we'll see how much room we have when weve packed to go and may take an extra case with us instead.
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge@Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday@Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
Old 04-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #140
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks for that
You're welcome.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #141
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hi,

thanks in advance.xx
We bought the basic blue autograph books in the Fantasia store for $6.95 each. Can't help with suitcase question, sorry!

I wanted to update you all on a response i got from Disney on the bed bug issue. I was going to quote the original post but it's on the old thread.

Today I got a letter from the Disney company that basically stated they were responding to my claim (didn't comment on what the claim was). All it asked was for me to fill out the medical release form that accompanied it and return it. There was a name and phone number to call on weekdays. I am going to call on Monday and talk to them about it. I hope it works out because I am hearing impaired and it's hard for me to talk on the phone. In my letter I asked them to communicate by email but I guessed they missed that. As for the medical release it has my name on it but the only thing I can think of is in my letter I commented that my 4 yr old son saw a Dr a couple days after our stay for his 4 yr well baby check and the Dr asked about the bites all over his arm and confirmed that they looked like bed bug bites. No treatment was needed and the appt wasn't for that specific issue. I'm not sure if Disney is thinking I am asking them to pay for the Dr visit which I am not. That visit was scheduled long before the trip.

I'll try calling on Monday and see what happens. I'll update!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014
Old 04-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #142
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelsGoingToDisney View Post
I wanted to update you all on a response i got from Disney on the bed bug issue. I was going to quote the original post but it's on the old thread.

Today I got a letter from the Disney company that basically stated they were responding to my claim (didn't comment on what the claim was). All it asked was for me to fill out the medical release form that accompanied it and return it. There was a name and phone number to call on weekdays. I am going to call on Monday and talk to them about it. I hope it works out because I am hearing impaired and it's hard for me to talk on the phone. In my letter I asked them to communicate by email but I guessed they missed that. As for the medical release it has my name on it but the only thing I can think of is in my letter I commented that my 4 yr old son saw a Dr a couple days after our stay for his 4 yr well baby check and the Dr asked about the bites all over his arm and confirmed that they looked like bed bug bites. No treatment was needed and the appt wasn't for that specific issue. I'm not sure if Disney is thinking I am asking them to pay for the Dr visit which I am not. That visit was scheduled long before the trip.

I hope you will be able to work everything out so good luck.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #143
oasispaul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboo View Post

OK, the pool area. We have taken some photos, but probably won't be able to post until we get home in 11 days. There are still lots of construction areas, but we have not seen anybody working on anything during our week stay. The Cabanas look great. The main pool is open along with the slide and 1 hot tub.

When we spoke to a CM last night she said they haven't decided exactly what is going to done in the areas under contstruction, maybe a kids area and at the moment as they have no firm plans or are not working on the area there isn't a completion date. She also said that they haven't decided whether or not to replace or just update the main slide. So I guess work hasn't finished on the main pool yet.

How true all of this is I'm not sure, it may just be they don't know what the plans are. But I would find it hard to believe that anything is going to be completed in the next two weeks, or even anytime soon. But then this is Disney and things can change overnight.

Thanks so much for looking into this, Babyboo! Enjoy the rest of your vacation - I hope it's wonderful!
Old 04-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #144
sneakers
DIS Veteran

I'd like to plan an anniversary trip for DW and myself. At this point I think I'd like to try either the GF, Poly, CR or YC with concierge level rooms.

Can anyone suggest what I should look at for a CR reservation? I'd think that a MK view tower room would be nice. Are there any other considerations? This will be for late November-early December.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #145
spaceace510
por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
I'd like to plan an anniversary trip for DW and myself. At this point I think I'd like to try either the GF, Poly, CR or YC with concierge level rooms.

Can anyone suggest what I should look at for a CR reservation? I'd think that a MK view tower room would be nice. Are there any other considerations? This will be for late November-early December.

Thanks in advance.
Well at the concierge level you have either Bay Lake or MK view. Both views are nice, but I believe the the MK view would make things extra magical for a anniversary. The view that can be found nowhere else on property.

DCL-Magic--Western: 7-2006 7 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 4-2008 4 night
DLR-Grand Californian: 7-2009 5 night

Old 04-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #146
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
I would go with the Atrium Club - Magic Kingdom View reservation, so you get the Club Level service and the Magic Kingdom View together.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #147
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelsGoingToDisney View Post
We bought the basic blue autograph books in the Fantasia store for $6.95 each. Can't help with suitcase question, sorry!

I'm just itchin' to hear what they have to say Monday! The medical release almost makes it sound like they're fearing a law suit. If you have specific expectations, don't be shy about letting them know, and I'd immediately let them know of your hearing impairment so that perhaps an alternate means of communication can be established for the future.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:37 AM   #148
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
I would pick the CR Tower's CL. Either view - actually, we love the Bay Lake view, and it's less money. You can still see the fireworks from the CL lounge and the CA Grill, which I recommend for an anniversary dinner.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:57 AM   #149
peyjax
DIS Veteran

Getting nervous about staying at the contemporary. We leave in a couple of weeks and are doing an off site on site split stay. I made my dh cancel two days at the JW to stay on site.

My 4 year old is so excited about the "monorail hotel". We booked a garden view, is there much of a different feel in the resort if you are staying in that area? I was excited either way. However my dh who could care less about hotels is now talking about wether or not we could get upgraded to the tower. He never talks like that and so I am worried about his expectations. Then there is the whole bed bug issue being talked about. Something I freak out about at every visit at Disney!! Why oh why do I only hear about this stuff at Disney??
Old 04-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #150
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyjax View Post
Getting nervous about staying at the contemporary. We leave in a couple of weeks and are doing an off site on site split stay. I made my dh cancel two days at the JW to stay on site.

My 4 year old is so excited about the "monorail hotel". We booked a garden view, is there much of a different feel in the resort if you are staying in that area? I was excited either way. However my dh who could care less about hotels is now talking about wether or not we could get upgraded to the tower. He never talks like that and so I am worried about his expectations. Then there is the whole bed bug issue being talked about. Something I freak out about at every visit at Disney!! Why oh why do I only hear about this stuff at Disney??
I wouldn't be nervous. CR, including the garden wing, is a wonderful place to stay. If your DH wants to stay in the tower, then I would ask about it at check in (assuming they don't tell you about it first). Odds are nothing will be available but it can't hurt to ask.

I wouldn't worry about the bed bugs. Check the bed corners and other folds when you first get to the room (this is good advice for any hotel). Say something immediately.

Honestly, odds are it won't be a problem - the CR - including the garden wing is very clean and the beds are exceptionally comfortable. It is just that the CR is in Florida along the water and you are going when it is hot. That combination brings out all sorts of creatures.

Finally, let me assure you there are reports of bed bugs at lots of places other than Disney resorts. You actually don't hear about it all that much. I think the DISboards.com just gives a lot of folks a central location to talk about relatively few places to stay.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: